Vore Labs Demo

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore Labs Demo

Postby SquishySofty » Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:51 pm

So, I played a little bit of the game, and immediately understand the game flow, since I'm a HUGE fan of FUBN :-D

Thoughts and opinions
Spoiler: show

- I don't mind if the player gets one-shotted, since that's the intended gameplay. ❤
- I can already tell that the speed of the game is slow in terms of gameplay. Both unbirthing and digestion speed are much slower than in FUBN (Possibly twice as slow), which makes you vulnerable to get spotted and attacked by the enemies. Plus, with the slow movement speed of the player (And another one, which will be mentioned below), it is increasingly difficult to get past the enemies without getting spotted in a narrow corridor. Currently, I'm stuck at Chapter 1-2, so it's either the one I mentioned, or I'm bad at this game. :lol:
- Unlike FUBN, you can't hide (Again, I can't get pass 1-2, so I'm not sure if it was added). You'll have to wait until the enemy cool down and be on patrol/idle state. This is combined with slow unbirth speed, which makes it easier for you to lose a life if you're not careful. If this was the intended focus, you can ignore this btw.
- Someone already mentioned it, but the unbirth hitbox is strictly tiny, to the point that one single mistake and you'll lose your life in no time.
- You mentioned this: "Any new Enemies will probably Vore you instead of just attacking." I would say specific enemies would vore you instead. Like the classic enemies will only attack, while the special enemies will vore.
- You mentioned this: "The Entity for Chapter 1 will eat you once your head gets near its mouth." and I actually had trouble with enabling the entity's hitbox. Sometimes it does work, other times it doesn't, and I had to find different angles for it to work.
- I found a little glitch where if the enemy falls down while in attack mode, they'll keep changing direction non-stop while slowly descending. I think I triggered it when the enemy was in the air, and spot me there.

Either way, I'll keep an eye on this project in the meantime! :-D
Game Developer (With Godot Engine) and Sprite artist/animator ❤
❤ Maria best chunky girl~ ❤
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby bloodle8 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:05 am

Game's off to a good start, but the way it's designed is, unfortunately, making it a direct comparison to FUbN. It's really, really obvious if you've played the game that inspired it - everything feels similar. The movement, the sprite designs, the mechanics, even the boss fight (and the boss's outfit!).

And, unfortunately, those direct comparisons don't shine favorably on your game. Everything your game does, FUbN just does better, for now. With some polish and some new spritework, this could ABSOLUTELY unseat the OG.

Mechanics are the first thing I would work on. The jumps are super floaty, there's no "weight" to the character. I'd recommend altering the formula a bit, too - the gameplay is almost identical, with how you get spotted, then the enemies just run around flailing. See if you can come up with something unique to your game! After that, I'd work on the sprites - make them look different from what FUbN has going on - hell, the main character even has the same poses as FUbN's, it almost feels traced. I'd also recommend making proper sprite/animation frames for the actual UB sequences, rather than just making a belly appear from below the surface of the MC.

This is a really solid start god knows FUbN's style was a lot of fun, and the original is a pain to get running thanks to awful .NET nonsense. Absolutely keep at it, there's plenty of room to go above and beyond what the original had going for it!
bloodle8
Participator

Postby anirishnirvana » Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:33 am

SquishySofty wrote:
Spoiler: show

- I can already tell that the speed of the game is slow in terms of gameplay. Both unbirthing and digestion speed are much slower than in FUBN (Possibly twice as slow), which makes you vulnerable to get spotted and attacked by the enemies. Plus, with the slow movement speed of the player (And another one, which will be mentioned below), it is increasingly difficult to get past the enemies without getting spotted in a narrow corridor. Currently, I'm stuck at Chapter 1-2, so it's either the one I mentioned, or I'm bad at this game. :lol:
- I found a little glitch where if the enemy falls down while in attack mode, they'll keep changing direction non-stop while slowly descending. I think I triggered it when the enemy was in the air, and spot me there.

I noticed if you get caught by the screamer, then some of the enemies will come down. Meanwhile if you wait for her to turn then the other enemy down the line spots you. Tbh, I found it doable because I kamikazed the screamer.

Should a kamikaze really work though? The UB isn't finished at times but still that enemy's gone rather than saved like you'd expect
anirishnirvana
Somewhat familiar

Postby SquishySofty » Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:09 pm

anirishnirvana wrote:If you wait for her to turn then the other enemy down the line spots you. Tbh, I found it doable because I kamikazed the screamer.
Should a kamikaze really work though? The UB isn't finished at times but still that enemy's gone rather than saved like you'd expect

I actually did try that, but I was wondering if you can get through a level without losing a life (Else, this route wouldn't be possible if you have your last life and tried to kamikaze your way out).
Game Developer (With Godot Engine) and Sprite artist/animator ❤
❤ Maria best chunky girl~ ❤
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Us3rn4m3 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:29 pm

Hoping these work but I had a few oddities with enemy pathing. Maybe moving aggro'd enemies off screen messed with them somehow? The normal ones tend to moonwalk a bit when pathing back after agitated, now that I think about it I'm not sure if there was a mirrored sprite for walking the opposite direction or if it was just using the right facing one for both.

VoreLabsGlitch.png
the void has claimed them

The jumpy bois always feed themselves to the level warp/Womb Warp/wall lady which has them spawn in the next section of the chapter right before you do. Not horribly difficult especially since you can delay leaving a bit, but I can imagine it becoming a problem later.

VoreLabsGlitch2.png

I look forward to seeing what you do with this project. :-D
Us3rn4m3
Been posting for a bit

Postby Nahx » Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:00 pm

Just tried it with an AZERTY keyboard, and your game takes that in count, it considers that Z(AZERTY)=W(QWERTY) and Q(AZERTY)=A(QWERTY). That's really pleasant. But maybe you could add a control informations on the pause menu, I am not very smart so I wasn't understand how to digest, I had to read your post here again to understand.
Btw, nice game, it could become better than G.L.U.T.T.
Nahx
New to the forum

Postby EkoEko » Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:44 am

I am glad that people see the potential in this. I never made a 2D game before and I guess its showing badly.
I never did spriting before and doing characters is the worst. Entity and NPC's sadly got traced and I tried doing some changes to it as others just looked ugly. I will try to make this game more unique and change some important fundamentals.

Love the feedback from all of you <3.
EkoEko
New to the forum

Postby MasterFXLXL » Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:46 pm

For 32bits, please
MasterFXLXL
Been posting for a bit

Postby ryanshowseason3 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:15 pm

Good demo

A lot of others have hit on the same points I'd make. I will reiterate about the hitboxes being small and lack of hiding feature. Even more need for it if the speed will be slow.

One thing I miss though is the game over screens fubn had. They were one of my favorite parts dunno about anyone else. It's great to see someone carrying the torch in this arena.
ryanshowseason3
???

Postby YHL6965 » Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:10 pm

Really nice potential! Here is my feedback :
- Make the controls snappier and faster so the character feels less sluggish, more agile
- Increase the UB hitbox as it's not fun missing an enemy and getting killed by them while you're on top of them.
- Improve the UB animation by making the victim have a few sprites, a bit like when you UB bosses/get UB'd by them in FUBN
- Improve the digesting animation : make the initial belly growth faster, in line with the speed you UB the enemy, and make random twichting animation : slight rotation to the left/right, slight increase/decrease in size, and faster size reduction once you finally absorb the enemy, kind of like in FUBN.
- Have more enemies than can UB you.
- Character customization for the future would be nice : color customization, different outfits, different haircuts...
- Some game over scenes like in FUBN
- A sort of bubble with an "inside view" like in Milia Wars DX?
YHL6965
New to the forum

Postby Acen » Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:12 am

I think the game is good start, I honestly can't wait to see what you make next for this game. Maybe there could a discord server for this game where you post updates and take polls on what to add next. Just a suggestion of course.
Acen
New to the forum

Postby EkoEko » Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:41 pm

Here would be a discord link. Haven't gotten much but here it is: https://discord.gg/fpbwU5ShRE
EkoEko
New to the forum

Postby Acen » Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:21 am

Awesome, looking forward to more, and if it'd be ok, can I give some advice from the myriad of vore games I've played?
Acen
New to the forum

Postby EkoEko » Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:32 am

Acen wrote:Awesome, looking forward to more, and if it'd be ok, can I give some advice from the myriad of vore games I've played?

I would love to hear it :)
EkoEko
New to the forum

Postby Acen » Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:39 pm

EkoEko wrote:
Acen wrote:Awesome, looking forward to more, and if it'd be ok, can I give some advice from the myriad of vore games I've played?

I would love to hear it :)

The best advice I can give is animation and the sounds used, back when I played Raadd the sound of being digested were always a big plus, and I think the animation for digesting someone could be a bit better, but other then that I think this game has a lot of potential
Acen
New to the forum

Previous

Return to Vore game