[QUEST] Vore Text Adventure - Three Days to Port v0.07.5

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

[QUEST] Vore Text Adventure - Three Days to Port v0.07.5

Postby VerySoft » Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:09 pm

Hello I have been working on a text adventure! Right now it's very small, but making neat games is something I'm really interested in, and I wanted to give people a taste~ There's even a few pieces of art to peek!

The game is called Three Days to Port! The name will become more relevant later on.

I am planning to continue to update this every month until it is done~ If you like the project, and want to support me working on it, please consider supporting on Subscribestar or Patreon~
https://subscribestar.adult/verysoft
https://www.patreon.com/VerySoft

IN THE LATEST UPDATE: 0.07.5
In this update, 0.7.5, I added an extra interaction down the shaded path! In order to access it though, you need to get stalked by Tauti. For this, you need to either lose rock paper scissors, or chase her while not small in the clearing and don't catch her. Once that happens you should go down the shaded path, and ask for directions! There you will find an alternative option~

Starting basically immediately after this update releases, I will be working on a tiny alternative game in godot for the next update. I would like to see how feasible it is to explore making this game, or something like it in godot, as a bunch of the ideas I have had for it I have had to compromise on, scale back, or not do due to the limitations of the engine. In EITHER CASE, there is a significant possibility that I will be reworking how things work for the game in the future, as a bunch of the goofy ideas I have for it don't work very well for a text adventure, or in quest in general, and I'm not too sure how text adventurey I will be able to make godot. If I can't make things work in godot how I like in godot, then I will probably rework this to be a bit more of a more traditional text adventure, just for the sake of sanity and not spending the next 10 years of my life on it! If I CAN get things going in godot, then I'll ideally be able to make a fun little videogame. In either case, I'm probably going to be focusing more heavily on the main objective stuff in the near future. NEXT MONTH though, there will probably be something a little different that isn't Three Days to Port relesed. I am confident you will like the tiny game even if I end up deciding not to proceed with godot for Three Days to Port development. I will keep you updated!

The 0.07.5 update can be downloaded on Patreon and Subscribestar for supporters at the $10 tier or higher. It can be found at the following links:

https://www.patreon.com/VerySoft
https://subscribestar.adult/verysoft

The previous update, 0.07 is now public for anyone to play as well!

You can play the latest PUBLIC release online, just keep in mind that this is a month behind the private release.

https://textadventures.co.uk/games/view ... ys-to-port

Last edited by VerySoft on Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:50 pm, edited 30 times in total.
VerySoft
Been posting for a bit

Re: [QUEST] Three Days to Port DEMO

Postby anirishnirvana » Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:51 pm

Interesting start. Unclear on how you end up safe even when going to vore ends, but fair enough.

The biggest issue I have so far is having dark blue links on a dark blue background making it not the easiest to see, though it only seems to happen for "Continue" points.
anirishnirvana
Somewhat familiar

Postby VerySoft » Sun Dec 11, 2022 5:43 pm

anirishnirvana wrote:Interesting start. Unclear on how you end up safe even when going to vore ends, but fair enough.

It's generally left up to interpretation! I don't think that anything I actually write for 'why are you safe after getting eaten' will be all that satisfying to read about, and will necessarily conflict with the interests of people who like bad ends but don't want a game over. That's not to say I will never do that, because I probably will for some scenes. For ones with any kind of randomness though, I figured a cheeky fade to black, some time passes, and you continue on your way would be better than being explicit as to the fate of the player.

I figure, we're all here for the vorny, and I myself think that one of the most appealing parts of a game format is that things may happen unexpectedly, or with a bit of randomness. Getting eaten is one of those things. Considering some of the randomness, I think it wouldn't be much fun if the consequence to getting eaten was a 'Game over! Restart!' kind of punishment. There is the Oneshot option for that in the preferences screen if people want that~ I think that most people will want to keep going on the adventure though, and see what other things there are to see and get eaten by.

anirishnirvana wrote:The biggest issue I have so far is having dark blue links on a dark blue background making it not the easiest to see, though it only seems to happen for "Continue" points.

I've been looking into how to change the continue prompt's color, as it's not controlled by the same thing as other link colors. Not sure if I can adjust it in quest though, will keep looking~!
VerySoft
Been posting for a bit

Re: [QUEST] Vore Text Adventure - Three Days to Port DEMO

Postby Psycho_wolvesbane » Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:11 pm

What are the tags of current and future content so people have a clearer idea of what to expect before playing?
Psycho_wolvesbane
Participator

Postby Wh0Kn0w5 » Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:43 pm

Brown wrote:I've been looking into how to change the continue prompt's color, as it's not controlled by the same thing as other link colors. Not sure if I can adjust it in quest though, will keep looking~!

Is it possible to adjust it in Quest 5? Yes!
Is it easy and straightforward to do so? Hell no!

What you'll have to do is delve into the Code View and insert an actual CSS block in your <game> object. The necessary code will look like
Code: Select all
<css><![CDATA[
       <style>
          a.cmdlink{
             color: (whatever you choose, preferably in Hexcode);
          }
       </style>
]]></css>

They recommend that you put this beneath the <firstpublished> attribute to avoid load conflicts.

THEN, you have to go back to GUI editor, the "game" object, Scripts tab. Under the start script, you insert the line
JS.addText (game.css)

Then, your "Continue..." prompts will change color, but none of the menu hyperlinks will, those are set elsewhere.
Wh0Kn0w5
Been posting for a bit

Postby Ryan-Drakel » Mon Dec 12, 2022 4:27 am

guessing this is 100% player as prey?
Ryan-Drakel
---

Postby VerySoft » Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:31 am

Ryan-Drakel wrote:guessing this is 100% player as prey?

Right now yes, and that will be the main focus. I do have some things in mind for player as pred that I would like to do, that side of things probably won't be as prevalent as player as prey though.
VerySoft
Been posting for a bit

Postby VerySoft » Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:33 am

Wh0Kn0w5 wrote:
Brown wrote:I've been looking into how to change the continue prompt's color, as it's not controlled by the same thing as other link colors. Not sure if I can adjust it in quest though, will keep looking~!

Is it possible to adjust it in Quest 5? Yes!
Is it easy and straightforward to do so? Hell no!

What you'll have to do is delve into the Code View and insert an actual CSS block in your <game> object. The necessary code will look like
<css><![CDATA[
       <style>
          a.cmdlink{
             color: (whatever you choose, preferably in Hexcode);
          }
       </style>
]]></css>

They recommend that you put this beneath the <firstpublished> attribute to avoid load conflicts.

THEN, you have to go back to GUI editor, the "game" object, Scripts tab. Under the start script, you insert the line
JS.addText (game.css)

Then, your "Continue..." prompts will change color, but none of the menu hyperlinks will, those are set elsewhere.

Woah thanks! I'll see if I can't get this going tomorrow~<3
VerySoft
Been posting for a bit

Postby farmlover » Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:10 am

This is great, I really enjoyed it. Feedback would be about the clashing prompt colours, but looks like that's already being sorted! The art is brilliant, and the writing is top notch. I found the Wait scene, OV willing, OV unwilling, and AV with the vixen, and unwilling OV with the kobold. Did I miss any scenes?
farmlover
Somewhat familiar

Postby Nikkidafox » Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:40 pm

It's pretty cool! I definitely like the little drawings, and I'm assuming there will be many more when more comes out. I assume there are only two characters you can actually have a scene with? I've also only found 3 scenes. Are there more?
Oh and uh... are you planning on adding disposal content at all?
Nikkidafox
Participator

Postby Nikkidafox » Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:04 am

somedude601 wrote:It's pretty cool! I definitely like the little drawings, and I'm assuming there will be many more when more comes out. I assume there are only two characters you can actually have a scene with? I've also only found 3 scenes. Are there more?

Actually I've discovered two more. But they were completely accidental and were options I had done before. Is it just rng what scene, if any, you get? Does it have something to do with the buttons at the start?
Nikkidafox
Participator

Postby Halowinner » Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:21 pm

Hmm there a cv option in preference so is there like cv? Because i been trying and i only found a few scenes probably not all and was curious whats all there is
Halowinner
Participator

Postby VerySoft » Thu Dec 15, 2022 3:34 am

somedude601 wrote:
somedude601 wrote:It's pretty cool! I definitely like the little drawings, and I'm assuming there will be many more when more comes out. I assume there are only two characters you can actually have a scene with? I've also only found 3 scenes. Are there more?

Actually I've discovered two more. But they were completely accidental and were options I had done before. Is it just rng what scene, if any, you get? Does it have something to do with the buttons at the start?

There is some RNG for some of the scenes, yeah!
VerySoft
Been posting for a bit

Postby VerySoft » Thu Dec 15, 2022 3:35 am

Halowinner wrote:Hmm there a cv option in preference so is there like cv? Because i been trying and i only found a few scenes probably not all and was curious whats all there is

No CV or BV stuff yet. There may be some in future releases!
VerySoft
Been posting for a bit

Re: [QUEST] Vore Text Adventure - Three Days to Port v0.02

Postby VerySoft » Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:34 pm

IN THE LATEST UPDATE: 0.02
There were a couple of QOL updates, particularly with getting the 'Continue...' prompt to respect the hyperlink color.

I also added the flower glade, which can be accessed via the 'Sweet smelling path'
There's flowers, and a cute bug that live there!
This encounter has a lot of variable parts, so it might take a few runs through to see everything!

You start normal sized now, and can become small via the flower glade!
At the moment, the writing for the big side of the clearing event is not done, so if you go there when you are not small yet, the fox will just run away from you. I will be fleshing out that side of her interaction in the next update.

If you would like to play, you can download the game itself here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/17dii_U ... sp=sharing

You will need quest installed to play it, which you can find here:
https://textadventures.co.uk/quest

You can also play it online now if you don't want to install quest! This option may not always be available, due to file size limitations!

Last edited by VerySoft on Tue Feb 28, 2023 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VerySoft
Been posting for a bit

Re: [QUEST] Vore Text Adventure - Three Days to Port v0.02

Postby VerySoft » Tue Feb 28, 2023 5:38 pm

Greetings everyone! I thought I was getting ahead on posting these by a few days and then I realized it's February so today is literally the last day of the month!!!

Anyway! I have a new update for Three Days to Port~ Version 0.02.5!

IN THE LATEST UPDATE: 0.02.5
This one focuses on finishing up the big side of the clearing scene and adds a bit of polish to some of the other parts and includes 3 new images!

There has also been extra stuff added to the sweet smelling path if you already met the vixen when you get there, though it's a little bit hidden!

If you would like to play, you can download the game itself here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/13SMwcs ... sp=sharing

You will need quest installed to play it, which you can find here:
https://textadventures.co.uk/quest

You can also play it online now if you don't want to install quest! This option may not always be available, due to file size limitations!

Please let me know what you think! And if you know someone who might like this kind of thing, please do share it with them~
VerySoft
Been posting for a bit

Re: [QUEST] Vore Text Adventure - Three Days to Port v0.02.5

Postby Brendar » Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:07 pm

I am loving this game so far. The art style is nice and very good writing.
Brendar
Been posting for a bit

Postby VerySoft » Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:06 am

Brendar wrote:I am loving this game so far. The art style is nice and very good writing.

Thanks~ Hoping to get a new release out every month~
VerySoft
Been posting for a bit

Postby CaliTea » Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:38 pm

This game has been delightful. Your writing is wonderful and the art works perfectly with it ^^ excited for more!
Lorem ipsum dolor vorare
CaliTea
Been posting for a bit

Postby VerySoft » Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:45 pm

CaliTea wrote:This game has been delightful. Your writing is wonderful and the art works perfectly with it ^^ excited for more!

AaA Thanks <33 I am glad you like it!!
VerySoft
Been posting for a bit

Next

Return to Vore game