Jormungandr V.2-RPG Maker MV (Chapter 2 1/23/24)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Who's your favorite Monster Girl?

Valerie the Lamia
32%
Adelaide the Witch
16%
Royale the Dragon
17%
Raine the Slime
9%
Gretel the Goblin
13%
Seelie the Fairy
12%
Lydia the False Demoness
2%

Total votes : 224

Re: Jormungandr V.1 RPG Maker MV (Full Chapter 1 1/1/23)

Postby Norio » Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:51 pm

Incredible first chapter.

I didn't expect the game would evolve this much from the demo, and now I'm seriously looking forward to see more.
I've enjoyed pretty much everything; from the characters to the gameplay, sprites, art, world and story, and can't wait to see how the last one unfolds!

I've been wondering if there's any way random people like me can help with the development beside donating to your ko-fi, and if that's enough?
Also, out of curiosity: are weight gain and fatties ever going to be a thing? I kinda get the vibe that will never be the case but I'm asking just to be sure (and I'd love to be wrong, heh).

Great job to the whole team btw~
Norio
New to the forum

Postby Asterisk74 » Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:39 am

Norio wrote:Incredible first chapter.

I didn't expect the game would evolve this much from the demo, and now I'm seriously looking forward to see more.
I've enjoyed pretty much everything; from the characters to the gameplay, sprites, art, world and story, and can't wait to see how the last one unfolds!

I've been wondering if there's any way random people like me can help with the development beside donating to your ko-fi, and if that's enough?
Also, out of curiosity: are weight gain and fatties ever going to be a thing? I kinda get the vibe that will never be the case but I'm asking just to be sure (and I'd love to be wrong, heh).

Great job to the whole team btw~

Well, donations are always appreciated. But if you are or have any connections with artists, I'm looking to add the occasional art from a well-known vore artist every once in a while, for the reason special moments.

My normal artists are great, but same-size vore is a tricky beast, and I'd like to get an artist who has that certain special touch for it.

As to the weight gain question, no I'm afraid not.
https://ko-fi.com/dwarfstaraster
This stuff gets expensive! Any donations are appreciated!
Asterisk74
Participator

Postby Exilo » Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:04 pm

I... want to like this a lot more than I do. Mechanics complaints aside (as others have said, a lot of random encounters and huge empty maps), as someone who really liked Skinwalker, prefers same-size vore, and LOVES worldbuilding and stories, I had a difficult time getting into this. It should be something I love. Hell, centaur preds are maybe my all-time favourite type, with lamias not far behind. But I never even got to the centaur pred bit, because I grew increasingly uncomfortable with how blatantly it feels like we're playing the "bad guy" in this. The blase attitude to murder makes sense, this IS a vore world, but I did not come here to roleplay a cop torturing people. :/

If things change after the "Barbell" scene, do let me know, and I'll give it another shot - as I said, I want to like this. I've liked your previous work and a lot of time and effort has clearly gone into this one. But if the storyline is just going to be 'corrupt cops eat and torture people' I don't think this one is going to be for me.
Exilo
New to the forum

Postby MasterGryph » Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:59 pm

Exilo wrote:I... want to like this a lot more than I do. Mechanics complaints aside (as others have said, a lot of random encounters and huge empty maps), as someone who really liked Skinwalker, prefers same-size vore, and LOVES worldbuilding and stories, I had a difficult time getting into this. It should be something I love. Hell, centaur preds are maybe my all-time favourite type, with lamias not far behind. But I never even got to the centaur pred bit, because I grew increasingly uncomfortable with how blatantly it feels like we're playing the "bad guy" in this. The blase attitude to murder makes sense, this IS a vore world, but I did not come here to roleplay a cop torturing people. :/

If things change after the "Barbell" scene, do let me know, and I'll give it another shot - as I said, I want to like this. I've liked your previous work and a lot of time and effort has clearly gone into this one. But if the storyline is just going to be 'corrupt cops eat and torture people' I don't think this one is going to be for me.

Well, I'll put it this way.

The next dungeon shows that the Monster-controlled system is even worse (and in worse shape) than it already looks. (Also, the one bit of actual bad writing in the game, as the enemies are upfront about the big secret that they've been let in on to motivate them, but Valerie acts as if she didn't figure it out during the boss battle and denouement.)

Later on, control switches to another party - who are also clear-cut bad guys. Their scenario also introduces some good Monster antagonists who are set up to recur.

So, with a shifting point of view introduced, maybe there will be a time when the player party is someone worth rooting for.
Let us all play fair now, there is no such thing as total invincibility.
MasterGryph
---

Postby Asterisk74 » Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:11 pm

Exilo wrote:I... want to like this a lot more than I do. Mechanics complaints aside (as others have said, a lot of random encounters and huge empty maps), as someone who really liked Skinwalker, prefers same-size vore, and LOVES worldbuilding and stories, I had a difficult time getting into this. It should be something I love. Hell, centaur preds are maybe my all-time favourite type, with lamias not far behind. But I never even got to the centaur pred bit, because I grew increasingly uncomfortable with how blatantly it feels like we're playing the "bad guy" in this. The blase attitude to murder makes sense, this IS a vore world, but I did not come here to roleplay a cop torturing people. :/

Hmm, well no the storyline will not just be that, considering there are things happening bound to shake up this society. This is probably one of the only times you'll see something this mundane where it's just Valerie going about her daily.

As to whether you'll be less of the bad guy, ehhh... Things get more hectic for sure, and the actions of the protagonists and its consequences, it is a thing that will come into play eventually, but key word being eventually.

Although I don't know how you got through Skinwalker considering about half the time you're playing as a xenocidal empire, haha. Maybe because you also play the opposing force, IDK.
Asterisk74
Participator

Postby Exilo » Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:41 pm

Asterisk74 wrote:Hmm, well no the storyline will not just be that, considering there are things happening bound to shake up this society. This is probably one of the only times you'll see something this mundane where it's just Valerie going about her daily.

As to whether you'll be less of the bad guy, ehhh... Things get more hectic for sure, and the actions of the protagonists and its consequences, it is a thing that will come into play eventually, but key word being eventually.

Although I don't know how you got through Skinwalker considering about half the time you're playing as a xenocidal empire, haha. Maybe because you also play the opposing force, IDK.

You're pretty spot on with why Skinwalker was an easier ride for me - playing the opposing force too made it much more interesting, and less personally uncomfortable. I think I'll probably put this down for now, and come back in a while - hopefully I'll have a better time when I know there's some narrative consequence to come to the stuff going on at the start.

That said, good luck - you've put in a lot of work here, and it shows in some really good ways! My personal issues with the characters are very much not ones of quality or writing skills, just my own hangups.
Exilo
New to the forum

Postby ssbbfanatic » Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:50 pm

Why do I get the feeling Ocean is going to become one of the more voracious preds and will go on an absolute feeding frenzy once she gets her first taste of swallowing a live meal (kinda like drinking alcohol for the first time and getting drunk from it).

There are 2 possible scenarios that this could happen,

1. Geno volunteers to be a willing meal in order to help Ocean experience the sensation of swallowing someone whole as a pred for the first time, of course she spits him out shortly after, but it also kickstarts her previously suppressed voracious instincts.

OR

2. Another possible scenerio could be that Ocean instinctively swallows another monster whole out of desperation to protect Geno from getting eaten and digested, which also kickstarts her ravenous predatory instincts.
ssbbfanatic
Been posting for a bit

Postby daeway » Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:52 am

I really like the world so far. To put in lightly, it is delightfully terrifying. The concept of humans constantly being reminded that they are livestock is grim. Taking Geno for instance, Adelaide's cruelty to him is front and center, but I don't think she realizes it.
I'm not sure which side I want to root for in this story. I feel bad for the humans, particularly for Geno, but I also like playing as an apex predator, both Valerie and Adelaide.
I've had an itch to play as a law enforcement predator and Valerie scratches it, although I'm not crazy about playing as a lamia. Adelaide tho is absolutely awesome tho.
Spoiler: show
The scene where she casually eats three people already from the locker room was outstanding. Plus her intro was excellent, showing her station at the school as the "queen".
daeway
Participator

Postby Asterisk74 » Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:07 am

daeway wrote:I really like the world so far. To put in lightly, it is delightfully terrifying. The concept of humans constantly being reminded that they are livestock is grim. Taking Geno for instance, Adelaide's cruelty to him is front and center, but I don't think she realizes it.
I'm not sure which side I want to root for in this story. I feel bad for the humans, particularly for Geno, but I also like playing as an apex predator, both Valerie and Adelaide.
I've had an itch to play as a law enforcement predator and Valerie scratches it, although I'm not crazy about playing as a lamia. Adelaide tho is absolutely awesome tho.
Spoiler: show
The scene where she casually eats three people already from the locker room was outstanding. Plus her intro was excellent, showing her station at the school as the "queen".

I'm glad to hear that.

One of the things I'm going for is a sheer power difference between humans and monsters, with that manifested in a frightening casualness and effortlessness among the preds, and that scene was meant illustrate that, the sheer power of her vore ability and the effortlessness of how she uses it.

Also, there were some characters shifting around, judging from the polls it seems people like the Mean Girls clique I added. They were fairly last minute changes, believe it or not with the exception of Adelaide.
Asterisk74
Participator

Postby KingoftheBongos » Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:59 pm

Cool to see this finally get updated, and I loved the new material was great!

The initial sequence in the demo was good, but man I'm loving the new characters from the academy, and especially the contrast and rift that's forming between the three bullies and Geno/Ocean.
KingoftheBongos
New to the forum

Postby Goldendevil21 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:30 am

Thanks so much for the game. Here are my thoughts.

First, thanks for making this game free. I know that is hard to do. To put dozens, perhaps hundreds of hours into a project and not get money for making a great game. Just understand that some of us (me) are a little short on change. Still, can support you with reviews and comments to help support you.

First, just really like the combat at the beginning. Whenever you battle humans, regardless of as which monster girl character, you dominate in normal fights. Able to swallow humans whole with one attack and much more durable. The only people who posed a threat to you were other monster girls. Really showing and telling us in the story why Monstergirls dominate the humans in this world. Humans are weak. Forced to either be bred for prey or prisoners staging a riot in the prison because they know what fait awaits them. We even see this in some of the dialogue of Valerie at the beginning saying that the Police would be nothing without her.

This also leads to great world building. We understand why humans are rioting in the prisons. Why some are trying to do some sort of ritual to end the status quo. Now, will this magical event do what they want? Do not know but am intrigued what comes from this.

Another great world building part for me was Valerie showing off her body to fellow police officers and offering to give him a 'tour' of her body. Or of Raine, Gretel and Seelie sharing a boyfriend and being very protective of him. To me, this shows that monster girls DO value humans. If not just for food, then at least for sex partners as they have few, if any, male monsters. They have needs just like any other living thing. And makes complete sense the trio of high schoolers are so protective of their boyfriend. If they lose him to another monster girl. Whether by being eaten or another mate, they will likely not get another man again. Just love how Raine would have her boyfriend sleep in her belly. Like that is her way to make sure their boyfriend stays close to them.

Though one disappointing thing I had was their were no items to stop random enemies from attacking you. Would be nice if their were items you could find or buy that repelled random enemy encounters. Would make exploring MUCH better when can avoid fighting the same group of enemies that are no threat to you.

Would also like some more dialogue/artwork of the characters before/after they eat a meal. I want to read how they let loose some burps from a recent fight/meal. How they complain about their clothes feeling a little tight. Or rubbing their friends bellies. :wink: 8)
Goldendevil21
Been posting for a bit

Postby Asterisk74 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:39 pm

Goldendevil21 wrote:Thanks so much for the game. Here are my thoughts.

First, thanks for making this game free. I know that is hard to do. To put dozens, perhaps hundreds of hours into a project and not get money for making a great game. Just understand that some of us (me) are a little short on change. Still, can support you with reviews and comments to help support you.

First, just really like the combat at the beginning. Whenever you battle humans, regardless of as which monster girl character, you dominate in normal fights. Able to swallow humans whole with one attack and much more durable. The only people who posed a threat to you were other monster girls. Really showing and telling us in the story why Monstergirls dominate the humans in this world. Humans are weak. Forced to either be bred for prey or prisoners staging a riot in the prison because they know what fait awaits them. We even see this in some of the dialogue of Valerie at the beginning saying that the Police would be nothing without her.

This also leads to great world building. We understand why humans are rioting in the prisons. Why some are trying to do some sort of ritual to end the status quo. Now, will this magical event do what they want? Do not know but am intrigued what comes from this.

Another great world building part for me was Valerie showing off her body to fellow police officers and offering to give him a 'tour' of her body. Or of Raine, Gretel and Seelie sharing a boyfriend and being very protective of him. To me, this shows that monster girls DO value humans. If not just for food, then at least for sex partners as they have few, if any, male monsters. They have needs just like any other living thing. And makes complete sense the trio of high schoolers are so protective of their boyfriend. If they lose him to another monster girl. Whether by being eaten or another mate, they will likely not get another man again. Just love how Raine would have her boyfriend sleep in her belly. Like that is her way to make sure their boyfriend stays close to them.

Though one disappointing thing I had was their were no items to stop random enemies from attacking you. Would be nice if their were items you could find or buy that repelled random enemy encounters. Would make exploring MUCH better when can avoid fighting the same group of enemies that are no threat to you.

Would also like some more dialogue/artwork of the characters before/after they eat a meal. I want to read how they let loose some burps from a recent fight/meal. How they complain about their clothes feeling a little tight. Or rubbing their friends bellies. :wink: 8)

I think you mean Adelaide, lol. Raine is the prison warden slime.

As for the relationship the three of them, I wouldn't exactly call him a boyfriend, he's Adelaide's actual property that they treat like a sex object/food.

And I will be introducing a repel-type item in an upcoming build.

Thanks for playing the game, I'm happy to get feedback like this.
Asterisk74
Participator

Postby pencilfud » Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:13 pm

Great game
pencilfud
New to the forum

Postby SexInspector9000 » Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:39 pm

I don't even know who these charecters the voteing is for are or what thay look like, i just chose the goblin because goblins are cool
"All your base are belong to us!"
~cats
SexInspector9000
Been posting for a bit

Postby KingoftheBongos » Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:22 am

Replaying this again since nothings been updated in a while.

As a fan of both your games, how the update distribution going to go for the from now on?
KingoftheBongos
New to the forum

Postby Asterisk74 » Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:39 pm

KingoftheBongos wrote:Replaying this again since nothings been updated in a while.

As a fan of both your games, how the update distribution going to go for the from now on?

Skinwalker will be getting its Chapter 6 update soon, but I'm definitely going to be focusing more on this than I did, where I was going through several updates to Skinwalker before even touching this one.
Asterisk74
Participator

Postby RandomInjury » Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:16 pm

Honestly this game deserves to be getting more attention. I don't know how it managed to pass me bye, considering I check this board every day, but I'm thrilled to have found it.

It's very exciting with a lot of potential, and I'm loving what I've seen so far. If I had to make any criticism, I'd say that the Tutorial for chapter 1 basically shouldn't exist yet, as the mechanics it promises aren't part of the game right now.

2 I'd love to see more enemy preds, with some actual end states. My heart really skipped a beat in the Danica fight, but ultimately the fact that she only attempts Vore once, on a Predetermined target, and there's not really a fail state in that scenario was disappointing.

And 3, basically all the areas are Too Long, I actually started Escaping from all combat, not because I was tired of it, but because I didn't want to over level the bosses too hard, as the way it is now you pretty much cant help but stomp them into the ground, since you will wind up in so many fights by the time you are able to confront them, that you are probably at least 5 levels stronger than them.

Reducing the XP gain would just be tedious, so my best recommendation is to make the levels smaller, keep the number of screens but shrink the distances involved.

Outside that though this is Fantastic. I am so excited to see more. This is one of the most interesting Projects to come out in a long time. All the best.
RandomInjury
Participator

Postby Asterisk74 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 4:45 pm

RandomInjury wrote:Honestly this game deserves to be getting more attention. I don't know how it managed to pass me bye, considering I check this board every day, but I'm thrilled to have found it.

It's very exciting with a lot of potential, and I'm loving what I've seen so far. If I had to make any criticism, I'd say that the Tutorial for chapter 1 basically shouldn't exist yet, as the mechanics it promises aren't part of the game right now.

2 I'd love to see more enemy preds, with some actual end states. My heart really skipped a beat in the Danica fight, but ultimately the fact that she only attempts Vore once, on a Predetermined target, and there's not really a fail state in that scenario was disappointing.

And 3, basically all the areas are Too Long, I actually started Escaping from all combat, not because I was tired of it, but because I didn't want to over level the bosses too hard, as the way it is now you pretty much cant help but stomp them into the ground, since you will wind up in so many fights by the time you are able to confront them, that you are probably at least 5 levels stronger than them.

Reducing the XP gain would just be tedious, so my best recommendation is to make the levels smaller, keep the number of screens but shrink the distances involved.

Outside that though this is Fantastic. I am so excited to see more. This is one of the most interesting Projects to come out in a long time. All the best.

Thank you, I really appreciate it.

As far as enemy pred/player prey goes, I feel the catalogue of games here is a little more focused on player prey than pred anyway, and the idea of the game is a story-driven RPG that gives the player control of a bunch of exceptionally powerful preds, and the opposition mostly having their power (mostly) through other means. Not that there aren't enemy preds period, but the Danica fight in particular was more because I couldn't forget out how to pull off the things I wanted to do with enemy preds.
Asterisk74
Participator

Postby RandomInjury » Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:37 am

Asterisk74 wrote:
RandomInjury wrote:Honestly this game deserves to be getting more attention. I don't know how it managed to pass me bye, considering I check this board every day, but I'm thrilled to have found it.

Thank you, I really appreciate it.

As far as enemy pred/player prey goes, I feel the catalogue of games here is a little more focused on player prey than pred anyway, and the idea of the game is a story-driven RPG that gives the player control of a bunch of exceptionally powerful preds, and the opposition mostly having their power (mostly) through other means. Not that there aren't enemy preds period, but the Danica fight in particular was more because I couldn't forget out how to pull off the things I wanted to do with enemy preds.

I get that and I'm not going to say that you are wrong for doing it, but I would argue that when the lose state is also Vore then win or lose the player wins. Pluss there's a Thrill to fighting an opponent trying to do the same thing back at you. Though it is definitely heightened by it being so infrequent.

So maybe just make the few Vore enemies more dangerous with their ability to perform Vore, though if you don't include them more often then the Rock Paper Scissors Vore aspect the tutorial hinted at may be harder to implement.
RandomInjury
Participator

Postby Asterisk74 » Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:51 pm

Thought I'd bump this with a little update.

Right now, this one and all my games are in a... well, hiatus is the wrong word. I'm in the process of revamping the visuals for this game in particular, in an attempt to make things more cinematic and hopefully a bit more visually appealing. It's been a tricky process and there's lot of assets in the backlog right now, so updates are still a ways away. But once they are done, the development process should be a lot more streamlined.
Asterisk74
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game