Jormungandr V.2-RPG Maker MV (Chapter 2 1/23/24)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Who's your favorite Monster Girl?

Valerie the Lamia
32%
Adelaide the Witch
16%
Royale the Dragon
17%
Raine the Slime
9%
Gretel the Goblin
13%
Seelie the Fairy
12%
Lydia the False Demoness
2%

Total votes : 224

Jormungandr V.2-RPG Maker MV (Chapter 2 1/23/24)

Postby Asterisk74 » Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:19 pm

Screenshot 2021-09-03 175054.png

https://asteriskgames74.itch.io/jormungandr

Update: 1/23/24
Whew! After a difficult development cycle, Chapter 2 is now out. Here's some notable things I think you should keep in mind.

-Second chapter has been released!

- Brand new overworld.

-New overworld cinematic scenes within the new chapter.

-New combat visuals for vore.

If you have an old save from chapter 1, I recommend not continuing on from that one. At least just for this time, I plan to have old saves work for the rest of the future updates as long as there aren't any roadblocks, but I don't know how it's going to function this time. The gameplay and story are the same, but I'm not sure how it's going to react with new plugins and sprites replacing old ones having been added to the mix.

Hello, everyone!

You may or may not know me as the maker of Skinwalker x1000, another RPG Maker game on this board. In that post, I teased another game I was making, one that may be inclined to the same-size fans of this board. I also released a short demo containing the first dungeon a while back, and I figured now was the time to get the proper and full Chapter 1 out.

This is a story-driven RPG with battles, stats, and what have you. I wanted to add dimensions to these characters as preds in a society that has vore in it, and create the conflict as a result of this society and its culture. Vore is a weapon, a cultural phenomenon, and a commodity in this world, the characters have motives, there are different factions doing different things, and they each have their own attitudes about it.

There will be 12 chapters, I will upload on a chapter by chapter basis. If you're familiar with Skinwalker x1000 then this shouldn't be new, nor is my obsession with 12 chapter long stories which this game will have. This game is in the same vein, same program, same story-driven focus, so on.

And I'm hoping that adds to the overall experience and the vore itself.

What this game will have.

Spoiler: show

F/M
F/F
Monster Girls
Oral Vore
Unbirth
Possibly Anal Vore
Mass Vore
This game is pred-centric. Your party are the preds and the focus of the game will be on that. While there are and will be enemies that eat you, it is heavily, heavily, heavily slanted in the pred's favor.

Some screenshots

Screenshot 2021-09-01 141338.png

Screenshot 2023-01-01 195700.png

Screenshot 2023-01-01 195802.png

One more thing, this is strictly a female pred universe. Apologies to any male pred lovers out there.

Special thanks to xlordragon for the spritework, and eirhjien for the art direction.
Last edited by Asterisk74 on Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
https://ko-fi.com/dwarfstaraster
This stuff gets expensive! Any donations are appreciated!
Asterisk74
Participator

Re: Jormungandr V.1 RPG Maker MV (Full Chapter 1 1/1/23)

Postby CD609403239 » Mon Jan 02, 2023 12:47 am

oh,such a fantanstic game im your big fan now. :lol:
CD609403239
New to the forum

Postby genericaccount » Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:04 am

First impression. The premise sounds interesting. You have an insane number of random encounters. I don't like random encounters. Especially when you need to search the area for something
genericaccount
Been posting for a bit

Postby Nomad_Zeke » Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:06 am

Nice to see this game get an update.

Have to ask if the trees are supposed to have collision on them? They dont seem to in the area west of the apartment.
Looking for RP:
http://aryion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f ... 68#p419268

Someday we'll look back on all this and plow into a parked car.
Nomad_Zeke
Participator

Postby carlj » Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:05 am

Ohh, very interesting, I'll keep an eye out for this one ^^
carlj
Participator

Postby Ranacha » Mon Jan 02, 2023 2:33 pm

I could only stand to play this game for a few minutes. The start has you exploring this overly large, empty, grey area while being constantly interrupted by combat encounters. It's immediately annoying to play.
Ranacha
Been posting for a bit

Postby anirishnirvana » Mon Jan 02, 2023 5:45 pm

Even after searching elsewhere, I don't know why but Mediafire has suddenly started playing up. Me and another in Mysta's Openvore had a similar issue, but it's clearly not everyone
anirishnirvana
Somewhat familiar

Postby Fr4nk » Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:56 pm

I loved the game and look forward to the next updates, I haven't finished the current content yet, but I would like to make a few suggestions:
1) Add a gallery to see the scenes and images of the game without having to load the save.
2) Increased Slime's damage, the fights in the prison part were a bit boring because only the lamia caused a good amount of damage to enemies, this prolonged the fights a lot.
English is not my main language, so I'm sorry if some of what I wrote wasn't clear.
Fr4nk
Been posting for a bit

Postby Asterisk74 » Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:03 pm

Nomad_Zeke wrote:Nice to see this game get an update.

Have to ask if the trees are supposed to have collision on them? They dont seem to in the area west of the apartment.

Ah, no. They definitely are. I'll get a fresh upload soon with that fixed.
Asterisk74
Participator

Postby player1 » Tue Jan 03, 2023 2:30 am

I was curious about that project when you spoke of it back when someone was asking about Skinwalker updates and im happy its a vore game!
I like the setting and the characters so far, wont say im a fan of the instant digestion but that's neither here nor there. KInda surprised the centaur and Valerie's bellies sprites aren't tail bulges and taur belly bulges but oh well. Im looking forward to the future chapters!

Keep up the good work man, for both Skinwalker and Jormungandr.
"wizards, no sense of right or wrong!" some spacemen wisdom.
player1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby MasterGryph » Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:44 am

Chapter 1 is a lot larger than I expected. I've currently just started on the backwoods, where the enemy lineup has some interesting implications.
"False demoness" is a clunky name for a race, but there had to be a reason to specify "false". Some of these cultists are clearly calling upon the real deal.

The vore mechanic feels much better balanced than it was in the demo.

It shouldn't be a surprise, but so far, my answer to the poll is "none of the above". No charismatic Villain Protagonists here, just plain old banal evil. Which is not to say it's bad writing though. I'm looking forward to when our dirty cops and teenage fem-bullies get overwhelmed by the coming advancements that are being foreshadowed.
Let us all play fair now, there is no such thing as total invincibility.
MasterGryph
---

Postby Vorgas » Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:27 am

on my hands and my knees tears in my eyes begging you to make the maps in this game like 5 times smaller
Vorgas
New to the forum

Postby FakerMaker69 » Tue Jan 03, 2023 2:13 pm

I like what you have here. My advice is to make the size of the areas smaller and the enemy encounter lower. Having to explore an area while having to fight enemies every four to six steps is kind of annoying especially in the forest area. Other then that pretty good.
FakerMaker69
New to the forum

Postby oga760 » Tue Jan 03, 2023 2:26 pm

Very good game. I appreciate the fight mode.
Did you have a date for the second chapter ?
oga760
New to the forum

Postby Memester1234 » Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:27 pm

Big fan of the characters and the scenes, but the massive scale of each area and the frequency of random encounters makes getting to the next part of the story way more tedious than it needs to be. Navigating the prison just to miss an area and having to backtrack, stopping every 12 steps for a 3 min battle is very frustrating. Even just having the option to run would make this vastly more tolerable. Massive labyrinthine maps and unavoidable random encounters are not a good combo imo.
Memester1234
Been posting for a bit

Postby MasterGryph » Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:39 pm

Memester1234 wrote:Big fan of the characters and the scenes, but the massive scale of each area and the frequency of random encounters makes getting to the next part of the story way more tedious than it needs to be. Navigating the prison just to miss an area and having to backtrack, stopping every 12 steps for a 3 min battle is very frustrating. Even just having the option to run would make this vastly more tolerable. Massive labyrinthine maps and unavoidable random encounters are not a good combo imo.

Something about RPGMaker lends itself to creating these large, sprawling areas. Things sped up for me once I found that cancelling out of the battle menu does give you a run option.
Let us all play fair now, there is no such thing as total invincibility.
MasterGryph
---

Postby amerdism » Tue Jan 03, 2023 7:04 pm

wouldn't have a mega upload would you, I don't know why, but any downloads from mediafire seem to stop working o me, they start normally and eventually say failed-incomplete file an stop downloading despite that not being the case
amerdism
Been posting for a bit

Postby anirishnirvana » Tue Jan 03, 2023 7:27 pm

amerdism wrote:wouldn't have a mega upload would you, I don't know why, but any downloads from mediafire seem to stop working o me, they start normally and eventually say failed-incomplete file an stop downloading despite that not being the case

Is it possible to download on a phone then get it that way? I had to do it myself as mediafire is temperamental (works for other games but not this)
anirishnirvana
Somewhat familiar

Postby DroolingPred » Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:40 am

I've only played up to the jail. It's difficult to orient yourself in the early map, and there is a lot of extra space, as others have said.
Dialog and character portraits are really great.
There isn't a lot of description on the vore, and there wasn't really any unique prey to enjoy up to this point. For me, a lot of the satisfaction comes from the emotions of the prey, be it fear, despair, rapture, devotion, etc. So I wager this isn't going to be a good fit for me. It's a shame, I like your pred design and it seems you have a thoroughly developed setting.
DroolingPred
Participator

Postby Asterisk74 » Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:59 am

Fr4nk wrote:I loved the game and look forward to the next updates, I haven't finished the current content yet, but I would like to make a few suggestions:
1) Add a gallery to see the scenes and images of the game without having to load the save.
2) Increased Slime's damage, the fights in the prison part were a bit boring because only the lamia caused a good amount of damage to enemies, this prolonged the fights a lot.
English is not my main language, so I'm sorry if some of what I wrote wasn't clear.

Glad to hear it! The gallery is something may or may not make it in there at a later point, and as for Raine's damage, it's a little wonky in that dungeon, but she's meant to be the tank to Valerie's DPS.

oga760 wrote:Very good game. I appreciate the fight mode.
Did you have a date for the second chapter ?

Not really. I'm probably gonna update my other game first, but this one will get more attention unlike before.

amerdism wrote:wouldn't have a mega upload would you, I don't know why, but any downloads from mediafire seem to stop working o me, they start normally and eventually say failed-incomplete file an stop downloading despite that not being the case

Unfortunately, I only run with mediafire. Mega gives me my own problems when trying to upload games, and I typically like it better. I also don't have much of a solution for playing on a phone; I've never tried.

MasterGryph wrote:Chapter 1 is a lot larger than I expected. I've currently just started on the backwoods, where the enemy lineup has some interesting implications.
"False demoness" is a clunky name for a race, but there had to be a reason to specify "false". Some of these cultists are clearly calling upon the real deal.

The vore mechanic feels much better balanced than it was in the demo.

It shouldn't be a surprise, but so far, my answer to the poll is "none of the above". No charismatic Villain Protagonists here, just plain old banal evil. Which is not to say it's bad writing though. I'm looking forward to when our dirty cops and teenage fem-bullies get overwhelmed by the coming advancements that are being foreshadowed.

Haha, fair enough. I suppose some of the antagonists introduced are more likeable actually. Maybe "False Demon" drop the -ess would be a better name. There is a reason for that, but it ain't gonna become clear for a loooong time.
Asterisk74
Participator

Next

Return to Vore game