Buffet: A Vore Card Game (0.22!)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Buffet: A Vore Card Game (v0.3)

Postby Moebius » Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:07 am

Content2020 wrote:Can we get a custom mode? Maybe allow players to import their own prey, and then pre-select prey at the start of each game? Otherwise, all this game is missing is a dialogue feature from the preds.

It's a bit higher than the scope I go for the game, but I'll think about it!

WhatTheNani wrote:Really liking the new favorite pred feature. Haven't tried it out with anyone outside of Nexxi, but my gut says it might be strongest with Kayla right now. And even outside of just high score hunting, its a fun feature to play around with. Joily is also a fun new addition, and in herself is a nice buff to Kayla who, between higher max energy, pred evolution, and now joily, feels pretty good to use again. That, plus the addition of plum, evolving, and a larger board, for the first time also make juno not feel like a necessity and might finally break the nexxi-juno stranglehold on high scoring. In fact, beat my old high score from before v 0.2 (old score was 508, new is 521) using primarily nexxi-kayla-plum and not even having juno. Game has always been fun, but this is the first time where its felt like there is a strong diversity of viable strategies to play around with and see what scores you can get.

Addition of a new game mode is nice too, and hoping that means we might see more modes in the future.

I'm so glad you feel that way! That was pretty much the intention
Moebius
Participator

Re: Buffet: A Vore Card Game (v0.3)

Postby Moebius » Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:07 pm

Moebius
Participator

Re: Buffet: A Vore Card Game (v0.3.1)

Postby DroolingPred » Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:10 pm

Do you think at some point you will add a mechanic for a pred to eat another pred? Maybe through another one of the "spell/action" cards?
DroolingPred
Participator

Postby Moebius » Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:47 pm

DroolingPred wrote:Do you think at some point you will add a mechanic for a pred to eat another pred? Maybe through another one of the "spell/action" cards?

Don't think so! Some of the guest preds are very much pred only. That being said, i don't close the door to the idea of switch preds.
Moebius
Participator

Postby Skeiron » Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:48 pm

Deyla is pretty good :gulp:
"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"Remember that life is better than it seems"
Skeiron
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Moebius » Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:46 pm

New Buffet Update: 0.3.2!
Code: Select all
+2 new prey cards: Cali and Princess!
Preds talk when they digest prey.
Joily HP 6 -> 8
Pressing escape or back when you are picking Favorite Pred sends you to Mode Selection

https://m0b1.itch.io/buffet

Impressive stuff!
Moebius
Participator

Postby Belianal » Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:10 am

Hi!
I play your game for several weeks and I like it.

But there is something I want to talk about.

I play mostly in Infinite mode and there is a ridiculous amount of probability to get a pred or "redraw prey" and "HP = 1" effect cards.

Could it be possible to increase probability to get other cards? In 30 turns, I only get 3 or 4 times the acid or capacity upgrade or the insta-digest effect.
“S'aimer, c'est avoir faim ensemble et non pas se dévorer l'un l'autre.”
Gustave Thibon
Belianal
Been posting for a bit

Postby Moebius » Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:56 am

Belianal wrote:Hi!
I play your game for several weeks and I like it.

But there is something I want to talk about.

I play mostly in Infinite mode and there is a ridiculous amount of probability to get a pred or "redraw prey" and "HP = 1" effect cards.

Could it be possible to increase probability to get other cards? In 30 turns, I only get 3 or 4 times the acid or capacity upgrade or the insta-digest effect.

I will check the spawn rate of cards for the next update, something is probably weird over there. In general the next update will introduce some big changes.
Thanks!
Moebius
Participator

Postby WhatTheNani » Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:33 pm

Decided to play around for a bit and hit a new high score for myself: 1804, a score that would have been unthinkable before.

So yeah, deyla is maybe turbo broken. I definitely like the addition of her, but she's basically the new juno in terms of being the pred who combines with nexxi to break the game scorewise. Ironically, or perhaps purposefully, the two new prey seem engineered to either hinder or help the strat. Cali is stupid good for funneling into deyla for extra rerolls, while princess seems like the counter to the nexxi snowball. That being said, since you aren't forced to eat princess all she's really doing is taking away a prey slot, which is not that big of an issue when you are swimming in rerolls. Plus on turn 10 you are free to just mass feed the princesses to nexxi for some pretty serious points.

The little quips when digesting are a lot of fun though, add flavor to the game and make me wanna play around to try and find them all.
WhatTheNani
Somewhat familiar

Postby Moebius » Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:15 pm

WhatTheNani wrote:Decided to play around for a bit and hit a new high score for myself: 1804, a score that would have been unthinkable before.

So yeah, deyla is maybe turbo broken. I definitely like the addition of her, but she's basically the new juno in terms of being the pred who combines with nexxi to break the game scorewise. Ironically, or perhaps purposefully, the two new prey seem engineered to either hinder or help the strat. Cali is stupid good for funneling into deyla for extra rerolls, while princess seems like the counter to the nexxi snowball. That being said, since you aren't forced to eat princess all she's really doing is taking away a prey slot, which is not that big of an issue when you are swimming in rerolls. Plus on turn 10 you are free to just mass feed the princesses to nexxi for some pretty serious points.

The little quips when digesting are a lot of fun though, add flavor to the game and make me wanna play around to try and find them all.

Yeah Princess was mostly experimenting with drawbacks to break a little bit the usual game. Once deck building plays a bigger factor I think it will be easier to balance.
Glad you liked the quips!

New update!
Moebius
Participator

Postby Ziedine » Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:49 pm

Moebius wrote:
WhatTheNani wrote:Decided to play around for a bit and hit a new high score for myself: 1804, a score that would have been unthinkable before.

Yeah Princess was mostly experimenting with drawbacks to break a little bit the usual game. Once deck building plays a bigger factor I think it will be easier to balance.
Glad you liked the quips!

New update!

Lets go !!!
Ziedine
Been posting for a bit

Postby Moebius » Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:51 pm

Moebius
Participator

Postby umakeisee » Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:48 am

Spoiler: show
High Score!.png

News High Score!
Artist previously known as yourface5672.
umakeisee
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Moebius » Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:23 pm

umakeisee wrote:
High Score!.png

News High Score!

Congrats! You may keep the record of the lowest score ever, since...
Moebius
Participator

Postby umakeisee » Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:12 am

Moebius wrote:
umakeisee wrote:
High Score!.png

News High Score!

Congrats! You may keep the record of the lowest score ever, since...

Such an honor.
Artist previously known as yourface5672.
umakeisee
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Buffet: A Vore Card Game (v0.4.2)

Postby Biergesetz » Tue Apr 04, 2023 6:12 am

Pleasantly surprised by just how fun this game is. Going to watch this process carefully.

By the way, hit a high score in the 800s recently. Turns out a Dayla+Charlotte+Nexxi combo is really good.
Biergesetz
Been posting for a bit

Postby slimjam » Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:30 am

Fantastic game! Absolutely love it!

One small suggestion, however. If I'm not mistaken Gianni is the only pred without some type of special rule and these days she is a bit lack luster.

Her specialty seemed to be above average stat increases on leveling if I were to take a guess. Compared to what you can do with nexxi or a Mobi-Charlotte combo, base 10 capacity and 7 digestion at level 3 are a bit mediocre.

I would suggest making her a bit more specialized towards certain prey by giving her a minor special attribute on top of her existing stats.

What most readily leaps to mind is: "This pred cannot be unseated by any means"

This would make her a counter to the princess (royalty are probably a favourite food of giant snake ladies, I would think). It also means that the player must strategically place her as you could not remove her with a tag team either.

Just my 2 cents.

Looking forward to your next update :D
slimjam
Been posting for a bit

Postby Moebius » Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:23 am

Biergesetz wrote:Pleasantly surprised by just how fun this game is. Going to watch this process carefully.

By the way, hit a high score in the 800s recently. Turns out a Dayla+Charlotte+Nexxi combo is really good.

Thank you <3

slimjam wrote:Fantastic game! Absolutely love it!

One small suggestion, however. If I'm not mistaken Gianni is the only pred without some type of special rule and these days she is a bit lack luster.

Her specialty seemed to be above average stat increases on leveling if I were to take a guess. Compared to what you can do with nexxi or a Mobi-Charlotte combo, base 10 capacity and 7 digestion at level 3 are a bit mediocre.

I would suggest making her a bit more specialized towards certain prey by giving her a minor special attribute on top of her existing stats.

What most readily leaps to mind is: "This pred cannot be unseated by any means"

This would make her a counter to the princess (royalty are probably a favourite food of giant snake ladies, I would think). It also means that the player must strategically place her as you could not remove her with a tag team either.

Just my 2 cents.

Looking forward to your next update :D

Thanks you!
I get the request of giving Gianni an ability pretty often. I'll problably will give her one next patch with an overall re-balancing of the game. (Though the "Cannot be removed from the table" ability will be for a new card in the future)
Moebius
Participator

Postby Moebius » Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:00 pm

New update!
No new cards, but a substancial change on how the game is played
Moebius
Participator

Postby Umbumbry » Thu Apr 13, 2023 12:44 am

Got 820 on my first try, very fun to play tbh