Buffet: A Vore Card Game (0.22!)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Buffet: A Vore Card Game (0.22!)

Postby Moebius » Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:10 am

I created a proof of concept for "Buffet: A Vore Game" that you can play right now (It's a browser game):
https://m0b1.itch.io/buffet

Let me know what you think! I intend to develop it into a full game over time.

How To Play: The number on your left is your energy. You can play the cards in your hand to their seats if you have enough energy, otherwise finish your turn. You can drag the prey cards into the seated preds, at the end of each turn they will digest. Each digested prey increases the score!
There are also Special cards that can change the game, they usually target either seated preds or prey on the table.

If you're interested in keeping up to date with the project feel free to join the Discord!
https://discord.gg/WXkCQNUXwE

If you want to support my projects here is my Patreon:
https://patreon.com/user?u=93316313
Last edited by Moebius on Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:11 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Moebius
Participator

Re: Buffet: A Vore Card Game

Postby hirakoshinji2 » Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:44 am

Got 108 points. Is that good or bad? >.>
hirakoshinji2
Participator

Postby Creaturedude » Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:54 am

Very fun proof of concept! My highscore is currently 137.
Life is really fucking hard. It would be so much simpler if I were ass and tit fat.
Creaturedude
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Khumi » Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:13 pm

This was really fun~! I got lucky, and managed to get 167 as my highest~! I'm super interested in seeing more~!
Khumi
New to the forum

Postby darkfang22 » Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:08 pm

The game is pretty fun, really enjoy the pred cards changing image when hovering a prey card over them and when they are currently digesting prey. So far managed to get a score of 210 with the right cards.
darkfang22
New to the forum

Postby hirakoshinji2 » Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:18 pm

hirakoshinji2 wrote:Got 108 points. Is that good or bad? >.>

Creaturedude wrote:Very fun proof of concept! My highscore is currently 137.

Khumi wrote:This was really fun~! I got lucky, and managed to get 167 as my highest~! I'm super interested in seeing more~!

darkfang22 wrote:The game is pretty fun, really enjoy the pred cards changing image when hovering a prey card over them and when they are currently digesting prey. So far managed to get a score of 210 with the right cards.

Ah, bad.... Got it....
hirakoshinji2
Participator

Postby LethiaAzalea » Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:19 pm

This is a nice way to pass a lil time, would love to see more! Perhaps down the line there can be like, a campaign mode where you play to serve customers who have varying modifiers, or opponents that the player gets to vore for winning. I also noticed unbirth, would love to perhaps see some CV as well if that's a possibility. Than just a free play mode where it just plays straight as is for like a score attack.
LethiaAzalea
Somewhat familiar

Postby DroolingPred » Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:06 pm

First round I got 134. Pretty fun! Would love sounds.
DroolingPred
Participator

Postby IncoIsARadio » Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:51 pm

Fun proof of concept! If you don't mind some criticism though, as someone with some experience with card games...
I don't have much criticism with the game's core balance, however the hand just clogs up with unwanted preds far too fast. Once you've used up your hand reset, all the seats are filled up, and your hand is full of preds, there is no longer a way of getting new cards because there's no way to discard anything. Either have there be ways to free up space either in seats or in the hand without the need to use spells or a limited resource, or have there be two hands, one for spells and one for preds.
Sounds would be greatly appreciated, though not needed! Perhaps just simple card sounds, with the addition of vorish squishes and gurgles.
And of course, once the game proper is set up, having more modes (Such as an endless mode where a different requirement must be met to keep going) would also be appreciated, and I would love to see modding support! The ability to throw in my own OCs as cards and publish them to the forum for others to use... it sounds like a lot of fun!
But regardless, great work, for a quick demo, this is great!
IncoIsARadio
Been posting for a bit

Postby EmilyNidhoggr » Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:01 pm

Wonderful! Very fun as a solitaire game, with lots of potential for pvp or pvc as well! Maybe deck-building too?

Looking forward to seeing where this goes.
EmilyNidhoggr
Participator

Postby BellyOfTheWubblies » Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:05 pm

Nice, this looks pretty good! Cute art and nice change of pace from the usual games of just getting to play as prey. Not quite playing as pred here I guess but sort of close, enough to scratch the itch
BellyOfTheWubblies
Somewhat familiar

Postby Brains2 » Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:58 pm

Love it so far, scratches an itch other games didn't.

My fav part is the Mobis, seeing their stats build up as they digest more prey helps with the 'grindy-ness' of just mashing the End Turn button to get to the new cards. I played an earlier version, and those special cards really help make tactical choices, like how Insta-Digest really encourages you to keep your preds full, or how there's a few different choices in which prey to Shrink.

I also noticed the 'quality of life' changes, like a turn counter. You're doing a lovely job as a dev, thanks for sharing and I hope to see more.
Brains2
Been posting for a bit

Postby KittyCoco » Fri Jan 06, 2023 5:25 pm

I played the previous version and got a score of 69 and left it be, I remember saying that Mobi is going to be amazing when the turn count is higher.

So now we have a version with a higher turn count, and buff cards to remove mobis weaknesses so they destroy everything in the second half :D, in this version my record has been 229 so far!

Its fun so far for sure, my main issue is the inability to switch up if an area of the board gets filled with undesirable cards. Whether that be your hand, or the prey area. I usually used the "tag out" card to place and then immediately remove a pred, freeing up space for 2 more cards to appear in my hand. An option to discard a card or two every turn would be helpful to keep things moving.
KittyCoco
Been posting for a bit

Postby FutureBellyAche » Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:07 pm

Fun game. I used to play cartovore and even modded it, despite how the engine kind of falls a part. Would be interested to see this fully fleshed out.
FutureBellyAche
Participator

Postby CaliTea » Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:49 pm

Super excited for the upcoming updates <3 having a blast atm!
Lorem ipsum dolor vorare
CaliTea
Been posting for a bit

Postby doomed » Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:21 pm

its awesome , i kinda just wish there was a competitive mode
doomed
Participator

Postby Abelar » Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:17 am

started out of curiosity, 8 matches later I realized I kept playing non stop

score: 178
Abelar
New to the forum

Postby ShadowedFigure » Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:10 am

Pretty fun! I like the predators that grow in strength as you feed them. Relies a bit on being lucky enough to have lots of small meals early in the game, but it's fun to turn them into eating machines.
ShadowedFigure
Been posting for a bit

Postby Lov345 » Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:56 pm

nice game man
wouldn't mind a future endless mode or something
Lov345
Been posting for a bit

Postby Randomdude5 » Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:07 pm

This is a simple but kinda fun card game. It is really luck dependent on getting the right cards. My top score is 206.
Whatever it is, I didn't do it.
Randomdude5
Participator

Next

Return to Vore game