Buffet: A Vore Card Game (0.22!)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Buffet: A Vore Card Game

Postby Shugoki » Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:17 pm

Pretty unique and charming. After getting 199, I'd love to see this expanded upon, but I have some notes.

It's VERY easy to get a totally garbage hand that you simply can't do anything with on a given turn. The redraw mechanic alleviates this, but you can only use it once, so if you get crap draws later in the game, you're SOL. And that can be bad because if you get a pred in every seat and no tag team cards, you have nothing else to do except decide who gets what prey. There are a handful of ways to tackle this:

- You could limit how many of each card you have in a deck, and maybe you can let players experiment with custom decks and additional cards. The number in your deck should be something higher than what you can draw in a game, just to add another element of chance.

- You could let the player redraw or discard a card or 2 every turn, only allowing a full redraw on turn 1 to compensate, giving more opportunities to get better options

- Alternatively to just replacing cards, you could add a mechanic where we can feed preds in our hand to preds on the board. This would allow us to discard preds we don't want and you could add cards that let us use this mechanic on preds on the board. You can run with this by adding preds that digest other preds more efficiently, preds that have good stats but gain HP so they're harder to discard if you decide you don't want them, etc.

Beyond that, I just think there's a lot of ways to add more cards and implement a deckbuilding component. You could choose what goes in your own hand and then make a separate deck for the prey cards, and then see how far you can get with that. You could have more mechanics, too--preds that grant bonus energy, preds that grant more points based on *how many* individual prey they digest, preds that buff adjacent preds somehow, etc.
Fuck are you reading this for? Keep scrolling, fool!
Shugoki
Somewhat familiar

Postby Xidas » Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:25 pm

cool game, currently I think the strongest strat is just restarting until you have a big hand of mostly upgrade cards and then building up the stats on a Kayla (got 339 points this way). Might be interesting to add some prey with really high capacity and health (currently you can easily enough capacity on nexxi or mobi to just eat the whole board). Instadigest is insanely powerful, so redrawing early is a mistake (you want to just hold on to the redraws until like, turn 9 then frantically look for instadigest).

high score:

a very silly endgame with just mobi/christina
Xidas
Been posting for a bit

Postby Hoodoo » Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:09 pm

Great game!
Hoodoo
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Dunn2183 » Sun Jan 08, 2023 2:29 pm

Yeah I'll add to how getting stuck with a bad hand sucks when you have no way to deal with it after your one redraw is used: even just being able to discard cards without getting a new card would help a lot since you would be able to start praying to lady luck on later turns again.

Otherwise it's a surprisingly fun game that's contributing to my "must play more card games" addiction for the season.

EDIT: oh lol went to play and saw that it updated to fix that problem, fantastic.
Dunn2183
Somewhat familiar

Postby Nanoha0519 » Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:49 am

It's nice to see the game being actively updated. However, after balancing, I noticed that there were more high-health prey, which made Cristina, which was already the worst, even worse, and Shyla, which was already strong, even stronger.

If Vixie only has 2 points, maybe 2 health is more appropriate.

I'm looking forward to future updates that will have different visual effects depending on how much prey you've eaten. Images that exceed the original capacity can be used as hidden achievements in the game. I'd be happy to cultivate a monster! :D
Nanoha0519
New to the forum

Postby FurFoxar » Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:43 am

Fun game !

Though I find my hand getting clogged up quite quickly, after turn 5, if you don't have good preds, you're basically screwed. I like the evolution mechanics, but they punish you for cycling your preds... maybe if I had some powerful preds at the 4-5 points mark I would be more incentivized to change my preds. I also find myself using all my "good" cards then getting stuck for a few turns not using any of the cards I have with points.

Overall, I really like the concept and hope you develop it further !
Please excuse my bad speilling... English is not my first language. Thanks !
FurFoxar
Been posting for a bit

Postby ScarKnight » Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:13 am

There seems to be an “ideal” strategy of getting Nexxi and Kayla down and then using all of your buff cards on Kayla while feeding anything that she can’t insta-digest to Nexxi. This sort of extends to being an issue with Kayla, since she’s more or less required if you want a high score, to the point that any run where you can’t get her down on turn five or six is basically a loss.
ScarKnight
Been posting for a bit

Postby Moebius » Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:55 pm

Thank you for all the feedback! I took note of all the ideas and will try to deliver on making it far more fun to play. Some may have noticed that since I started the thread I did an update, to be precise this one:
You can play it right now!
Also feel free to join our Discord if you wanna further discuss or follow any progress: https://discord.gg/4WcpUEaw
Moebius
Participator

Postby captainbobey » Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:34 pm

Hey, this is a nice cute game. Got a good loop, and I do always want to go for higher scores.

If you're interested, design wise there seem to be 3 more avenues to explore with card design, sorry if its unsolicited, I know some folk don't like it, and I'm not sure if these conflict with some design pillars you've got going on.

1 - Cards that care about positioning could open up some new possibilities, either weak cards that buff preds, strong cards that nerf them, or everyone's favourite, good cards that are situationally good and bad. They could affect adjactent predators, or all predators to the left or the right, though those two are a little more questionable as they're quite easy to optimise or mitigate. (Negative effect to all predators on the left? Just place it leftmost!)

2 - Ramp cards, or cards that increase your economy. Nexxi is good fun to play with but it hurts to have to wait half the game to get her online then lose your turn to her. Cards like "Gain 1 energy for each prey digested last turn" could be interesting, providing players with temporary economy without ramping to ridiculous heights.

3 - Refreshing the prey track. Cards that benefit the player by adding new prey to the track could be fun. Either a spell, maybe 3 or 4 energy, or a passive effect of a predator that adds a new prey everytime they swallow one.

If you end up adding many more cards, it could also be interesting to include some form of deck building, building either the prey or the predator deck would both be very interesting.
captainbobey
Somewhat familiar

Postby LonerImortal » Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:38 pm

I love the idea you had here, it has the potential to get a lot of fun features in the future and I'm looking forward to it :^D
LonerImortal
Been posting for a bit

Postby Moebius » Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:33 am

LonerImortal wrote:I love the idea you had here, it has the potential to get a lot of fun features in the future and I'm looking forward to it :^D

Thanks! I hope it lives up to the expectations!

captainbobey wrote:Hey, this is a nice cute game. Got a good loop, and I do always want to go for higher scores.

If you're interested, design wise there seem to be 3 more avenues to explore with card design, sorry if its unsolicited, I know some folk don't like it, and I'm not sure if these conflict with some design pillars you've got going on.

1 - Cards that care about positioning could open up some new possibilities, either weak cards that buff preds, strong cards that nerf them, or everyone's favourite, good cards that are situationally good and bad. They could affect adjactent predators, or all predators to the left or the right, though those two are a little more questionable as they're quite easy to optimise or mitigate. (Negative effect to all predators on the left? Just place it leftmost!)

2 - Ramp cards, or cards that increase your economy. Nexxi is good fun to play with but it hurts to have to wait half the game to get her online then lose your turn to her. Cards like "Gain 1 energy for each prey digested last turn" could be interesting, providing players with temporary economy without ramping to ridiculous heights.

3 - Refreshing the prey track. Cards that benefit the player by adding new prey to the track could be fun. Either a spell, maybe 3 or 4 energy, or a passive effect of a predator that adds a new prey everytime they swallow one.

If you end up adding many more cards, it could also be interesting to include some form of deck building, building either the prey or the predator deck would both be very interesting.

I suspect you're going to like this current update, it already adds refreshing the prey track, a card that affect adjecent locations and ramping is coming soonish
Moebius
Participator

Postby Dage » Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:04 pm

This game is a lot of fun. I saw someone else mention it but it could be fun to have a campaign mode, or even just characters to play against with scores to beat lest the player get eaten.
Dage
Been posting for a bit

Postby AssVFanatic » Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:38 pm

Thiiiiiiiis is actually amazing. please make this a full out project. It could work like texas holdem, i dunno but the concept is lovely
AssVFanatic
New to the forum

Postby ThatGal21 » Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:43 pm

It's a pretty fun game and love the idea! I got 262 points for my first try :p
ThatGal21
New to the forum

Postby Njux » Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:43 am

This game highly resembles Succubus Reborn which has same systems in place.

A way of maybe upgrading would be a deck building with more cards and adding an opponent with shared prey over which you both fight for, but against you could lose your own preds.

Maybe even adding your own prey cards that you can summon?
Njux
Somewhat familiar

Postby clone4000 » Sat Jan 14, 2023 3:25 pm

I'm loving this so far.
318 is my current record using a capacity Moshi to hold as much as I can flanked by charlotte's to buff and take care of any low HP cards to clear the board then burning through redraws on turn 10 to fill her up as much as I can before playing a digestr all.
clone4000
Somewhat familiar

Postby Moebius » Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:24 pm

Dage wrote:This game is a lot of fun. I saw someone else mention it but it could be fun to have a campaign mode, or even just characters to play against with scores to beat lest the player get eaten.

Working on something very similar to that!

ThatGal21 wrote:It's a pretty fun game and love the idea! I got 262 points for my first try :p

Thanks <3

Njux wrote:This game highly resembles Succubus Reborn which has same systems in place.

A way of maybe upgrading would be a deck building with more cards and adding an opponent with shared prey over which you both fight for, but against you could lose your own preds.

Maybe even adding your own prey cards that you can summon?

Never seen Succubus Reborn, will have to heck it out!
Curiously enough what you're describing was my first idea for the game, but decided to simplify it instead

clone4000 wrote:I'm loving this so far.
318 is my current record using a capacity Moshi to hold as much as I can flanked by charlotte's to buff and take care of any low HP cards to clear the board then burning through redraws on turn 10 to fill her up as much as I can before playing a digestr all.

It's a pretty solid strategy! It would probably shift a bit with the new update. Speaking of it...

New Update!
Play it here:
https://m0b1.itch.io/buffet

Join our Discord!
https://discord.gg/4WcpUEaw
Moebius
Participator

Postby clone4000 » Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:01 pm

Moebius wrote:
clone4000 wrote:I'm loving this so far.

It's a pretty solid strategy! It would probably shift a bit with the new update. Speaking of it...

A little. 343 by adding Juno to get a redraw a turn. More if you up her capacity.
clone4000
Somewhat familiar

Postby Xidas » Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:47 pm

Got 486 with high capacity Juno plus the Charlotte buffing Mobi as the main engine. So Juno's pretty good
Xidas
Been posting for a bit

Postby zandveer » Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:28 am

Really enjoy the game so far ^^ Love the little pic changes when the preds are full or they're about to nom a character. Do think a "hard" mode idea would be fun where maybe they have to take a turn actually consuming the prey and a turn for "getting rid" of them. Mostly just an excuse for more lewds but could be a fun mechanic too :P
zandveer
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game