Idea of a new game: Battle Nommerz

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

What do you think?

I would die for a game like this
15%
Seems interesting
54%
Eh...
22%
I would die if this game is released
1%
I would like to help with the game (also please state it in the comments)
1%
I don't want to/can't help with the game
8%

Total votes : 93

Idea of a new game: Battle Nommerz

Postby Watkacsa » Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:35 pm

Hello everyone! Recently I gained some inspiration and decided I would make a new game in Unity; core is tested and is functional, so only time (and many other things xd) stand in my way. The name (hopefully) will change, but for now I have no better idea for it.

Some questions I would like answer before they are asked:

What is this game?
This would be a 2D, side scrolling tower defense game, where the deployed characters would do the nom.

How will the game work?
Similar to any other td game; gain money, deploy units, outpower the enemy, win. I have planned an automatic mode, which will do the job for you, so both of your hands will be available for you.

How will the :gulp: happen?
The main idea when the deployed character reaches 0hp, they would be knocked out, then picked up by the next enemy (or friendly) unit and be consumed. I have some ideas how to tweak this, for example, when friendly unit does the nom, the character would revive and continue fighting in a weakened state.

Why is this such a big thing?
By itself this isn't, but I plan to make the content of the game community sustained. This means anyone with artistic and animation skill can add practically any character without my intervention. This means, once the game is discontinued, it won’t die out of content. The system should be easy (just as well a Sisyphean task): export the frames of the animation into a list of images -> do a little markup -> enjoy the game. Some futuristic plans include chatter among the characters on the battlefield too. Later on, I would also like to make the same expandability with the chatter, levels, sounds as well.

Okay, still not convinced
Do you have a favorite character? A waifu? Or anything? They can now be animated and played with in a game. Even if you can't animate, make a commission for it (this might seem more favorable for artists)…

When?
Can’t tell. First, I need to gather some info if this is worth making, then make it. Since I have zero drawing skills, even if the game is 100% completed, there will still be some time for the first few characters to show up. If I started working on it right in this moment, I would say... late summer? Maybe...

I would like to help. How can I?
If the lights turn green, I will need help with pretty much everything... design, sound, ideas, programming. But the biggest help is your patience and occasional “Hey, are you still working on this?” or “Can’t wait for the game”. Also, this "help" just as well as the project is totally laid back, not because I'm lazy, much rather because first, I barely have free time, two, from experience, game dev is like a fart: if you press it too hard it will be shit.

I honestly would like to share some screenshots, but all you would see is test1 test2 test3 floating around... If you have any other question, you can ask me, I will answer… eventually.
Soon...
Watkacsa
New to the forum

Re: Idea of a new game: Battle Nommerz

Postby umakeisee » Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:55 pm

Even though it sounds like you actually have a game in the works, this still has the optimism of someone who hasn't been on the forums long. While the idea of this becoming a community game that continues through player support is nice, I'm certain it will just fall to the way side without much support. I got started out modding Vore Days, which the creator actively encouraged and was free. I was the only one to take him up on it. I'm just going to quote a conversation I had here last month about player engagement.

umakeisee wrote:
gbboyth wrote:I did include in my fundraiser page the option to pay to have a scene written according to your specifications. The art and dialogue would be custom made for you (or art provided by you), it could involve your OCs, etc. This gives the player the opportunity to insert their perfect scenario into the game if they wish. As I expected, no one has done it. Lots of people are willing to tell you what kind of content you should make, but few are willing to pay you to make it. But then, my game is free, so it’s a lot nicer to play it for free and complain about it than to pay for something perfect!

One of the games I'm working on, "Daughter, Darling, Dinner", has a subscribestar option for a single scene to be added to the game and it has never been chosen. However, our option for adding recurring character has been selected twice, despite the much higher price and less control over their involvement. So, yeah, when there's less work involved, people are more likely to choose it. I think I'll talk to my co-dev about adding a prey option, where an OC is shuffled in as a one time prey to immediately be eaten. See how that goes.

I don't want to discourage you from making the game, but be ready to temper your expectations. Most users will not go beyond playing the game. Definitely don't expect help though. People have to be really dedicated to the idea to get involved, so you'd at least need some screenshots before anyone is going to be offering to help. It's better to just assume this will be a solo project.
Artist previously known as yourface5672.
umakeisee
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Idea of a new game: Battle Nommerz

Postby Watkacsa » Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:33 pm

Very well then. With the votes being somewhat positive, it will remain as a hobby project. I will post screenshots whenever I have more content than some text floating around.
And about the help; yes, you are right, I haven't posted many times here, didn't know how this goes. I didn't expect much, but at least tried
Soon...
Watkacsa
New to the forum

Return to Vore game