Typing of the Digested 2.8 Hardcore Permadeath mod

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Typing of the Digested 2.8 Hardcore Permadeath mod

Postby hexcorsist » Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:12 pm

Hi all.

While working on my own game I added automated save deletion (to easily clear out old broken saves) and remembered someone commenting on Ryan's typing game about adding a hardcore mode and Ryan saying it was interesting but he didn't really know how to do it. So after finishing my save deletion algorithm I wondered how long it would take to mod it into a hardcore/permadeath mode. It turns out about a day. So here we have it a permadeath mode for Ryan's typing game.

Now if you die in a run it will delete all the saves of that specific run.

It should be noted that while saves from my version are compatible with Ryan's if you try to use a save from the official save in mine everything will break. If you try to load a save from the official version the game will crash and if you die and reach the score screen while there are any saves from the official version the game will crash. i advise you use the delete all saves function I added to the start of the game to prevent these issues.

I've also included the hardcore.rpy file for if anyone wants to include it in their own game, feel free to use/modify it however you want.

https://bit.ly/3iVHjjE PC
https://bit.ly/3J484gk Mac
https://aryion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=62274 Original thread
https://bit.ly/3WmYOqI hardcore.rpy
Last edited by hexcorsist on Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
hexcorsist
Somewhat familiar

Re: Typing of the Digested 2.8 Hardcore Permadeath mod

Postby Whereaminow27 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:56 pm

That is going to add a new level of difficulty.
Whereaminow27
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Kizma » Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:21 am

What exactly does this Mod Change from the original?
Kizma
New to the forum

Postby hexcorsist » Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:39 am

It adds a permadeath mode that when enabled will delete all saves of a given run if you die, I thought i put that in the description but apparently I didn't so I've fixed that now.

I also added an option to delete all your saves to make starting a fresh easier.
hexcorsist
Somewhat familiar

Postby Kizma » Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:50 am

Okay good to know
Kizma
New to the forum

Postby PizzPants » Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:10 am

hexcorsist wrote:It adds a permadeath mode that when enabled will delete all saves of a given run if you die, I thought i put that in the description but apparently I didn't so I've fixed that now.

I also added an option to delete all your saves to make starting a fresh easier.

Does that also disables rollbacks? Because if not, you can reload your save moments before the full digestion
PizzPants
Somewhat familiar

Postby hexcorsist » Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:28 am

PizzPants wrote:
hexcorsist wrote:It adds a permadeath mode that when enabled will delete all saves of a given run if you die, I thought i put that in the description but apparently I didn't so I've fixed that now.

Does that also disables rollbacks? Because if not, you can reload your save moments before the full digestion

You could do that if rollback was disabled anyway. I'm running the save deletion algorithm one line before the score screen. The ideal location to run it would be just after a no reformation digestion loss but
1 That would mess up with the first mindmage fight
2 Ryans code is significantly more complicated (but better laid out) then mine and I can't really be bothered sorting through it all.
Also rolling back through my save deletion will not undo that save deletion so rollback prevention would not be needed.
Mostly this was just a proof on concept for permadeath in renpy that I added to Ryan's game because I remembered some comments in the thread.
I might add it to my game at some point but there's no plan for it now.
hexcorsist
Somewhat familiar

Postby ryanshowseason3 » Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:18 pm

FYI I extracted the code for this and I'm looking to do a more refined version.

It will be run in common end game code. So that right after the game has confirmed you're done for the saves will be deleted. Rollback is already disabled so you shouldn't be able to go before a digestion and save again.

I'm working on finding every case where a fight is pre-destined to end in failure and disable the save devouring in those cases before re-enabling it.

So you'll have no choice but to go through with being reduced to a girl's rack.

I decided the idea of having your playthrough completely ended by digestion was arousing so I decided to take this to the next level.

Thanks for making it hexcorsist! I enjoy your stuff too and look forward to it!
ryanshowseason3
???

Return to Vore game