Reinvigorated Hedonism, Version 9C

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Reinvigorated Hedonism, Version 9C

Postby Number1Vor3Boy » Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:38 pm

Reinvigorated Hedonism is a stand-alone, open source mod/fork of the game “Unbridled Hedonism” by Aurilika. Includes new interactions, texts, traits, personality sliders, customization features, QOL features, maps, and utilities for making custom characters.

Unbridled Hedonism places an emphasis on player-made content, including characters, maps, dialogue text, and races. Join the discord (links below!) to share these files with other players! If you would like to contribute to the development of RH, the game's code can be found on gitlab - feel free to make merge requests there and discuss the code on discord.

Latest Version: RH 9C
Released 12/23/2023

About the Game:
Spoiler: show

Unbridled Hedonism is an interaction simulator played on a grid, with the player controlling a single character. You may move using movement keys, or by right clicking a tile to move towards it. You can inspect a tile with left click to view characters who are standing there.

Characters will interact in different ways over the course of a game - becoming friends, enemies, romantic partners, and (often) food. Clicking on a nearby character provides a variety of interaction options, with success odds for each based on your character's combined personalities and relationship so far. Descriptive text is generated at the bottom of the screen, letting you know what is going on in the world nearby.

Pressing slash will cause your controlled character to act automatically for a turn. You can also simulate the world for multiple turns using the buttons on the bottom left of the screen. The game will pause if your character becomes a vore target or needs to make a decision.

Depending on your game settings, this world may be one where vore is common, or one where it is unusual and frightening. Characters will react differently to vore based on their personality, traits, and game settings. Characters looking to snag an unwilling meal will often lure them to a secluded location, or wait until they are alone to strike. If a character is sleeping, masturbating, weakened, or undressed, vore success odds are boosted towards them and AI characters will generally target them more often.

By default, most characters prefer not to be eaten. Very few characters are ok with being digested. If unwilling prey has good friends nearby, they may try to free them from their predator. If you become prey, scream and hope that your friends can hear you...

Characters have needs which must be managed - hunger, energy, horniness, cleanliness, and health.
- Hungry characters are more likely to hunt, and will slowly lose health down to 50% if they become starving. To restore hunger, either visit the cafeteria or eat somebody.
- Tired characters are unable to struggle, and are very bad at escaping. Exhausted characters may even pass out and fall asleep on the floor in public, making them an easy target for predators. To restore energy, rest in your bed.
- Horny characters are more receptive to romantic advances. Depending on the character's personality, witnessing nudity, sex, or vore may increase horniness. If horniness reaches max, a character will have an orgasm and horniness will drop. If you are currently prey to a digesting predator, being too horny is a surefire way to melt down quickly.
- Dirty characters receive a penalty to success odds for most friendly and romantic interactions. People won't want to hang out with you if you're sweaty and gross. To restore cleanliness, strip down and take a shower. Clothes will stay on the floor unless you move tiles.
- Health measures how near to death your character is. The only way to kill a character is by digesting them, though a weakened character makes for very easy prey. Health restores slowly over time, or can be healed by resting at the nurse's office.

If magic is enabled, some characters may have the ability to cast spells. Spells cost 1 mana each, with most characters having a max of 3 mana. A character will typically be upset if they are the target of a hostile spell, though some spells like Arouse are only noticeable if they fail. By default, mana regenerates very slowly over time, increased by meditating or studying arcane tomes. Digesting someone will recover a great deal of mana.

Unbridled Hedonism is highly-configurable, with many options for setting up a game world, crafting character personalities, and more. Character image packs, dialogue packs, races, maps, additional in-depth tutorials, and more can be downloaded online, found on the UH Discord or on the game discussion thread at Eka's Portal. Hope you enjoy your time!

Screenshots:

RH_MainMenu.PNG

RH_SetupScreen.PNG

RH_Gameplay1.PNG

RH_Gameplay2.PNG

RH_Gameplay3.PNG

RH_TraitsScreen.PNG

RH_SettingsScreen.PNG

RH Relationship Screen.PNG

RH_ContentScreen.PNG

Download Links:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... share_link

RH Google Drive (contains some tutorials and all other links below):
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... share_link

Changelog:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nY5 ... share_link

Issue Tracker / Source Code:
https://gitlab.com/Zebranky/unbridledhedonism/-/issues

Character Packs List:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... share_link

UH Official Discord:
https://discord.gg/fgsrCnW

Credits:

Unbridled Hedonism Original Thread:
viewtopic.php?f=79&t=57211

Credits:
Unbridled Hedonism is a game by Aurilika
RowdyMod is a mod/fork of UH by RowdyBoye (Lupe) and Zebranky
With significant code contributions by J3DGTS, Akai, and WhatIf12

Thank you to all of the people who contributed dialogue text.
Thank you to all of the people who have contributed to Auri's patreon.

Background Images:
Internals are stills from Eskoz's public videos, used with permission.

Interaction Text:
Lots of text by RowdyBoye, especially for new RM actions and for "Talk"
A large scale extension of various interactions, particularly sex/vore by Shrabby
Another sex/vore expansion, featuring lots of mommy/gas content by Grimmer
More text contributed by GBGoose

Custom Races:
Lamia by Fvsparkles with some assist by Zerhusky
Kitsune, Demi-Tigers, Mosquitos by Softie
Sergal, Tyrannosaurus, Deathclaw by Johanna Eriksson
Anthro Cats by Unfortunate
Demi-mouse by TheEnchantedWolf
Oni, Fairy, Custom pop-up texts by KBuckets
Minotaur by Zerhusky

Other:
Male, female, and last names lists by Nikome
Last edited by Number1Vor3Boy on Sat Dec 23, 2023 1:11 pm, edited 15 times in total.
Number1Vor3Boy
Been posting for a bit

Re: Reinvigorated Hedonism, Version 5A

Postby TeamFortress2 » Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:12 am

This mod has some great QoL features that I felt were missing from the base game. And of course it has some nice extra content on top.
TeamFortress2
Somewhat familiar

Postby LethiaAzalea » Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:17 pm

Didn't know this was a thing. Does it make writing new dialogue easier? I enjoy quite raunchy language with vore and I found it a bit difficult to implement new dialogue, though my patience with computer programs tends to be VERY limited... which, kind of sucks.
LethiaAzalea
Somewhat familiar

Postby PhantomOfMars » Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:27 pm

Thanks for continuing to update this. I'll check out the new version.
PhantomOfMars
Somewhat familiar

Postby Number1Vor3Boy » Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:34 pm

LethiaAzalea wrote:Didn't know this was a thing. Does it make writing new dialogue easier? I enjoy quite raunchy language with vore and I found it a bit difficult to implement new dialogue, though my patience with computer programs tends to be VERY limited... which, kind of sucks.

Easier no, but a lot of new conditions have been added, allowing dialogue to be more complex. I can see about making a template excel sheet to make the starting process of learning the text system a bit easier.

In the mean time, the text tutorial can be found here!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CZy ... yZ3OA/edit

Also worth noting that the number of lines in the game has more than doubled since the original game’s last version, including some pretty raunchy new stuff. Hope you enjoy playing around!
Number1Vor3Boy
Been posting for a bit

Postby RhinoSalt » Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:51 pm

I've been playing UH since late 2021, and RH since build 3A. Absolutely essential voregame thanks to its sandbox nature.
Literally the only request I have is seperate bone disposal toggles.
RhinoSalt
Been posting for a bit

Postby nomnomvore » Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:13 pm

Loved it~ The custom content options are also great for expanding it.
nomnomvore
Been posting for a bit

Postby Nikkidafox » Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:30 pm

I'm a little bit confused about how to implement some of the characters. Rowdy's pack is just fine, but the FNIA and Helltaker collections appear to only be images? How exactly do I put them in?
Nikkidafox
Participator

Postby Firon » Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:32 pm

somedude601 wrote:I'm a little bit confused about how to implement some of the characters. Rowdy's pack is just fine, but the FNIA and Helltaker collections appear to only be images? How exactly do I put them in?

dump the pictures in the relavent folder and when you are making characters....use the name on the folder for the pictures you want
Firon
---

Postby Scoutboy25 » Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:12 pm

As someone who stumbled upon RH while looking through the thread for UH, this version is absolutely worth trying out. It even inspired me to try my hand at Kisekae, which was also quite fun.
A single random brony from like 2010, uses Eka's for games and made an account to share opinions and ask questions. Ask me nothing.
Scoutboy25
Been posting for a bit

Postby Tetrahedra » Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:33 am

Thank you guys so so much for continuing work on this game, one of my fav vore games by a mile. All the added features and text are so good.
Tetrahedra
Somewhat familiar

Postby Trashbird » Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:07 am

I am trying to get some of the character images and packs up and running, but I cant seem to figure it out, Can someone help? I need it explained to me like I am dumb.
Trashbird
New to the forum

Postby Panzershark » Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:38 am

Trashbird wrote:I am trying to get some of the character images and packs up and running, but I cant seem to figure it out, Can someone help? I need it explained to me like I am dumb.

If they don’t have a check mark, you will have to create characters manually with the same first name as the pictures. For example, if you have a picture pack with Lydia.png, you need to create a character named Lydia in the game start up menu. If you have plenty of time on your hands, I would suggest making characters that actually match the pictures and personalities, then saving them for future use, but if you just want to make sure it works, the first name is all that matters. It is—at least from my Mac testing—required to be the exact first name, so for instance, the ones in the Hex pack have to have the HF. in front, you can rename the files to get around this however—though again time consuming.

For those with a check mark all you should need to do is ensure that their .txt file is in the Char folder, it will be separate from the ones in the pictures (which sometimes have other .txt files so you can edit characters if you have Kisekae, I believe). Then you can add the characters from the orange portion of the saved characters menu. If you still need help I can send some pictures later, but aside from in-game content, it will be the Mac interface, so not sure how much it would help, probably better than nothing though.
Hello there! For those interested here is the current listing for my bots for C.AI:
viewtopic.php?p=2984781#p2984781
Panzershark
Participator

Postby Number1Vor3Boy » Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:32 pm

Panzershark wrote:It is—at least from my Mac testing—required to be the exact first name, so for instance, the ones in the Hex pack have to have the HF. in front, you can rename the files to get around this however—though again time consuming.

I’ll write up a more detailed guide on this this weekend - but you don’t actually need to rename the text files! Once a character is “generated” you can go to the “Edit Person” screen and set the value called “Picture” to the text matching the beginning of the picture files. If this field is blank (ie when you first make a custom character) the game will check the char’s first name instead.
Number1Vor3Boy
Been posting for a bit

Postby InuyashalovesKagome » Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:43 pm

Is this mod stand alone or do I need the original to mess with?
InuyashalovesKagome
Participator

Postby Number1Vor3Boy » Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:09 pm

InuyashalovesKagome wrote:Is this mod stand alone or do I need the original to mess with?

It’s stand-alone - I’ll update the main post to clarify that, thanks!
Number1Vor3Boy
Been posting for a bit

Postby Panzershark » Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:12 pm

InuyashalovesKagome wrote:Is this mod stand alone or do I need the original to mess with?

It is a stand alone install, works right out of the box/zip.

Number1Vor3Boy wrote:
Panzershark wrote:It is—at least from my Mac testing—required to be the exact first name, so for instance, the ones in the Hex pack have to have the HF. in front, you can rename the files to get around this however—though again time consuming.

I’ll write up a more detailed guide on this this weekend - but you don’t actually need to rename the text files! Once a character is “generated” you can go to the “Edit Person” screen and set the value called “Picture” to the text matching the beginning of the picture files. If this field is blank (ie when you first make a custom character) the game will check the char’s first name instead.

That would definitely help to explain how some of the orange/named chars did not have to play by that rule! Interesting to know more of the tips and tricks of the trade, and a full guide would definitely be much appreciated.
Hello there! For those interested here is the current listing for my bots for C.AI:
viewtopic.php?p=2984781#p2984781
Panzershark
Participator

Postby InuyashalovesKagome » Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:34 pm

Good to know.
InuyashalovesKagome
Participator

Re: Reinvigorated Hedonism, Version 5B

Postby Number1Vor3Boy » Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:30 am

Updated to RH 5B!

Changelog found here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nY5 ... sp=sharing

Changes include bug fixes, dialogue fixes, a new capacity slider, and config options to crop character portraits to the same size and more.
Number1Vor3Boy
Been posting for a bit

Re: Reinvigorated Hedonism, Version 5B

Postby limduhl1 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:06 pm

I'm having the same issues as Trashbird.

Rowdy's character pack, the demi fox/bat/mouse pack and the preygirls pack all work just fine. I'm aware I need to go in and put the exact name of the base image in the picture line on the character page. So RF_Allie gives allie's picture pack for the Rowdy set. PG.Quinn gives Quinn's picture set from the preygirls pack.

BUT, if I use, say, the Hex pack, or Luna, or Dela, they don't work. putting in HF.Eleanor, or LunaHerm or Dela into the picture slot just gives the default silhouette. The pictures are in the same pictures folder (they're each in their own folder...So, like in Rowdy's pack, "Allie" has her own folder with all her pictures. In the Preygirls pack, All of the preygirls are inside one preygirls folder with no subfolders and they work fine. But Luna or Dela from their own standalone packs or Tao from the family pack, which are each in their own folder named after their character don't seem to function. Nor do the Hex girls, who are set up like the Preygirls, all grouped into one folder).

I've tried changing the folder names (thinking the game might be mistakenly trying to use the named folder as the image file) with no effect
I've tried changing the picture names (same line of thinking) and updated the picture line with the new name, with no effect
I've tried pulling out the pictures into the main StreamingAssets/Pictures folder with no effect (other than a lot of loose files to cleanup)
I've tried a great many different packs, and I can't get ANY of them to work....except Preygirls, the 3 Demi-human packs, and rowdy's. Other than Rowdy's, which has fully saved and detailed characters, I can't figure out what is different about the demi/prey pack from the other ones that would keep them from working the same way.

I noticed some of them had some unintelligible text files mixed in with the pictures (notepad files with strings of numbers) but others didn't (and the demi/prey packs didn't either)

The ONLY thing I've found is that Rowdy's, Demi fox/bat/mouse and Preygirls all have text files in the "Races" subfolder under StreamingAssets. However, I haven't found any similar text files in any of those other character packs. As far as I can tell though, those only refer to the character values for certain stats or race randomizations, and shouldn't affect the pictures being used...

I'm not terribly computer literate with this sort of thing, but I'm not all that oblivious...I just simply cannot tell what the working character packs have that the others don't, or vice versa, to even attempt to fix the issue and get those awesome images working.
limduhl1
New to the forum

Next

Return to Vore game