[Mod] Project Zomboid Vore Mod [Alpha] v0.1.6

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

[Mod] Project Zomboid Vore Mod [Alpha] v0.1.6

Postby NobodyOfAnyMatter » Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:49 pm

Technical description:

In the current iteration it is mostly a role-play tool vore mod for Project Zomboid.

In terms of game mechanics it is just a collection of over-powered fanny packs with custom sounds, textures, and a 3d model for each gender.

Simple vore system (provided by AstraLight) that deletes a zombie hit by a vore weapon and adds a vored zombie food item to the inventory.
Vored zombie food item is instantly digested. (Instant digestion not easily toggle-able at this time.)
Useful for object vore and the bags have a large enough capacity to store zombie corpses.

Installation instructions:

1. Download the mod here.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kA5vHJo1ntaFLp650bgSNC1lVwHrl5z7/view
2. Unzip the folder and copy the “Vore” folder to the directory for your system.
https://pzwiki.net/wiki/Installing_mods#Where_to_find_the_mods_folder_from_Steam_and_the_Zomboid_folder
3. Activate the mod in game when setting up a solo game. (It should be possible to set up a server in multiplayer but it is untested.)

Usage instructions:

Apparel:
1. Find a “Basic Vore Serum” (Check medical spawns)
2. Under the “Vore” tab of the crafting window select the belly number that matches your character’s skin tone. (5 skin tones in the base game so the skins are labelled 1-5 lightest to darkest)
3. Drink the result
4. Equip the vore belly from your inventory like a normal bag.

Vore:
1.Craft a vore weapon similar to to the belly crafting.
2.Equip the vore weapon
3.Attack with the vore when for a chance to vore the hit zombie based on your vore level if you do not have the "full to bursting" moodle. (Moodle restriction can be patched out with included patches.)

Notes:

1. Vore skill is implemented and used in calculation of vore success chance.
2. Vore skill only currently leveled up via "vore attempts" with more XP awarded for successes.
3. Vore Profession and Trait implemented.
4. Only one 3d model currently but the files are arranged for replacements to be easily dropped into place for female and male characters.
5. Vore skill books are present in the drop tables and should be functional.
6. Higher tier vore bellies are craftable. They have better stats and take exponentially more “Basic Vore Serum” for each tier.
7. Voring a zombie will delete them from the world including any items on them.
8. Voring a zombie will result in you having "eaten" the zombie food item.

Videos
Spoiler: show
Character rotation

Audio example

Changelog:
V0.1.6
Additions
-Added instant digestion of zombie food item upon swallow
-Added trigger that stops you from eating zombies if you have the "full to bursting" moodle
-Added optional patch file to remove the "full to bursting" limit. Behavior consequences of stuffing one self beyond the games normal limits not tested
-Added optional patch files to rebalance the zombie food item (Not entirely save compatible as your zombie food items maybe deleted from your inventories) (Compatible with mod version 0.1.5 as well)
-Any food item patch and the removal of the full to bursting limit patch are compatible.

Known bugs
-If you convert a vore belly you are wearing into a serum the model will remain on your character until you equip a different belly. And all items in the vore belly will be lost upon conversion to a serum. Possible memory leak that needs investigation.
-Zombie food item seems to sometimes delete from inventories upon reload. Cause unknown at the moment.
-Unlikely to be multiplayer compatible (No changes that would make it less likely to be compatible but more research has been done in regards to it but still no multiplayer testing.)

Older changelogs:
Spoiler: show

V0.1.5 Mixed the code that I was building for v0.1.4 with the code created by the user AstraLight.
-Added vore weapon
-Added zombie deletion on vore success
-Basic vore attempt system (still not connected to the settings for that yet)
-New belly icon in inventory
-Vored zombie food item. (Will definitely need rebalancing in the buffing direction)
-Additional crafting recipes to recover spent vore serums

Known bugs:
Attempting to convert a vore belly you are wearing into a vore serum will cause the model to remain on your body even though the item no longer exists. Fixed by equipping another vore belly or fanny pack.

V0.1.3 Added simple model for male bellies and added videos to post.
V0.1.2 Initial release

Previous Version(s)

Anyone is free and encouraged to take the provided files to modify and reproduce.
Last edited by NobodyOfAnyMatter on Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:58 pm, edited 6 times in total.
NobodyOfAnyMatter
Been posting for a bit

Re: [Mod] Project Zomboid Vore Mod [Alpha] v0.1.2

Postby jackolatern68 » Sun Mar 12, 2023 6:00 am

is there any footage of this mod so far?
jackolatern68
New to the forum

Postby Fluffofcat » Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:32 am

a vore mod for PjZ sounds cool, any idea how youd make it allow the player to eat ncps? (either the modded survivers or zombies)
Fluffofcat
Been posting for a bit

Postby Scoutboy25 » Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:37 pm

Hi, I was wondering if player prey would ever be added through the incoming NPC update or the survivor mod. If it will only remain a rp tool though, that's fine!
A single random brony from like 2010, uses Eka's for games and made an account to share opinions and ask questions. Ask me nothing.
Scoutboy25
Been posting for a bit

Postby JDandAliProductions » Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:51 pm

This truly is an interesting idea, i look forward to seeing how it progresses.

Also if you're looking for a good way to play the game i have gone through the effort of making a collection on Steam to add in all up to date and compatible towns that players have made along with a few other helpful additions for immersion and multiplayer https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2920163949 (Just remove the survivor mod cause it's the only thing that doesn't work properly for multiplayer)
If you wanna support what I do then please check out my Patreon, I'm working on a novel series too https://www.patreon.com/AliRenegade
JDandAliProductions
Participator

Postby NobodyOfAnyMatter » Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:56 pm

jackolatern68 wrote:is there any footage of this mod so far?

Not currently, it is functional but I will get around to getting some footage in the coming week. I was just so done last night after hunting a bug for about 12 hours. This is kinda my first mod.

Fluffofcat wrote:a vore mod for PjZ sounds cool, any idea how youd make it allow the player to eat ncps? (either the modded survivers or zombies)

In terms of lethal vore a probably easier to implement idea is that maybe I can capture the hit of a short range vore "weapon" as a trigger, have the player play the empty handed shove animation and take part of the zombie going over a fence animation for a basic animation, and instant kill the target on vore success and place the corpse in a belly on the player character.

Possibly using code similar to the trash can's delete code as part of a digestion system.

In terms of a more complex system vore I would probably try and find a way render the character, invisible/intangible and have them (follow/teleport to) the character to start with. And follow the weapon lock on idea above for targeting? Possibly tracking prey on the health window as a treatable health condition with different actions that can be taken against the prey being different "treatments".

I will be honest I am not well versed in Project Zomboid's structure and I am very new to modding in general. So the vast majority of the time I have spent on this is just trying to figure out how any of it works.
NobodyOfAnyMatter
Been posting for a bit

Postby NobodyOfAnyMatter » Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:09 pm

Scoutboy25 wrote:Hi, I was wondering if player prey would ever be added through the incoming NPC update or the survivor mod. If it will only remain a rp tool though, that's fine!

If I can figure out how I would probably add it. I was just going for a minimum viable product to start with after hitting several roadblocks.
NobodyOfAnyMatter
Been posting for a bit

Re: [Mod] Project Zomboid Vore Mod [Alpha] v0.1.3

Postby bobert1234567 » Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:51 am

I'm excited to run around the apocalypse, voreing things when I can't find food. Can't wait.
bobert1234567
Been posting for a bit

Postby ProudMonsterFucker » Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:48 pm

Bro I literally just got into Project Zomboid like a week ago, you read my mind lol
ProudMonsterFucker
New to the forum

Postby SmoothAsButter23 » Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:23 am

This mod has definitely caught my attention, look forward to see what future updates hold!
SmoothAsButter23
Somewhat familiar

Postby chris9774 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:09 am

Out of curiosity, what kind of functions/plans did you have for all of this?
chris9774
Somewhat familiar

Postby NobodyOfAnyMatter » Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:15 am

chris9774 wrote:Out of curiosity, what kind of functions/plans did you have for all of this?

Well, I am still getting a grip on how mods work within project zomboid currently so I don't want to bite off too much to start with. Also expect progress to be very slow as I have very little free time.

General Project Design Goals:
-Customizable via mostly (if not all) by in game settings.
-Offer options for both pred and prey players if possible.
-Attempt to keep everything well documented.

Goals for Alpha v0.2.0:
-Clean up code and properly document everything after the initial minimum viable product build.
-Create weapon placeholder(s) for vore weapon(s)
-Get the xp tracking for the "Vore skill" working for vore weapon hits
-Get xp tracking for vore related crafting working

The first big goal is to get a full vore attack implemented.

Very Long term though I would like to attempt to integrate vore content into the world more solidly. Here are just some ideas I had that I think I could implement given enough time.
-Balance the skill book accessibility around the idea of vore being uncommon.
-Additional vorish benefits from vanilla traits and/or professions
-Optional zombie infection risk from eating zombies
-Nutritious zombies
-Moodle based digestion/stomach tracking (Predator and prey sides possibly)
-Custom VHS tapes (for skill boosts and some additional text)
-Fitness, strength, etc stats modifying other systems in the mod
-Maybe a form of struggle system but I don't have solid ideas at this time on how to implement that aren't clunky even in theory
-And an extreme stretch of organ internals similar to the RV interior mod. That custom world space idea would likely take a lot to figure out and/or reverse engineer.

What are definitely beyond the scope of my abilities at this time include:
-high quality modeling
-detailed texturing
-custom animations outside of reusing animations from the game.
NobodyOfAnyMatter
Been posting for a bit

Postby chris9774 » Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:59 pm

Honestly I appreciate the honesty and the avoiding of taking things that are way out of your current scope and all. Its admirable imo. That said, I'm honestly hopeful that you can actually get this sort of thing off the ground and going, and you've got all my support :P

I'm also totally with you on the lack of free time so i get it 100%. Life is more important anyways so I don't mind if things are slow, and i'd imagine a good chunk of people would agree. That said, I do have a suggestion that might not jive with everyone lol. Idk how often people willingly use the shout mechanic, but I think it would be cool if you could have another button do a vore themed shout, like if your crouching for the whisper it could be a loud stomach gurgle or groan, and the standard shout could be a belch of sorts. No idea if sounds are possible with the shouts, but would make it more fun lol.

That said, I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors, and i very much look forward to what you do with this :)
chris9774
Somewhat familiar

Postby NobodyOfAnyMatter » Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:35 am

chris9774 wrote:...That said, I do have a suggestion that might not jive with everyone lol. Idk how often people willingly use the shout mechanic, but I think it would be cool if you could have another button do a vore themed shout, like if your crouching for the whisper it could be a loud stomach gurgle or groan, and the standard shout could be a belch of sorts. No idea if sounds are possible with the shouts, but would make it more fun lol...

That looks definitely doable. It looks like there is already a mod that adds custom shout text (Here. I will have to see how it was done.) and I already have seen code references for custom sound triggers so I know that part is possible.

About it not jiving with everyone that is fine since I want to make the mod customizable so people could disable it. I will add it onto the ideas list!

Anyway thank you for the suggestion and support! Ideas and suggestions are really appreciated for this even if they turn out to be effectively impossible to implement. Since I am really not sure what would be the best features to add into this apocalypse that would compliment the gameplay loop.
NobodyOfAnyMatter
Been posting for a bit

Postby chris9774 » Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:40 pm

NobodyOfAnyMatter wrote:
chris9774 wrote:...That said, I do have a suggestion that might not jive with everyone lol. Idk how often people willingly use the shout mechanic, but I think it would be cool if you could have another button do a vore themed shout, like if your crouching for the whisper it could be a loud stomach gurgle or groan, and the standard shout could be a belch of sorts. No idea if sounds are possible with the shouts, but would make it more fun lol...

That looks definitely doable. It looks like there is already a mod that adds custom shout text (Here. I will have to see how it was done.) and I already have seen code references for custom sound triggers so I know that part is possible.

About it not jiving with everyone that is fine since I want to make the mod customizable so people could disable it. I will add it onto the ideas list!

Anyway thank you for the suggestion and support! Ideas and suggestions are really appreciated for this even if they turn out to be effectively impossible to implement. Since I am really not sure what would be the best features to add into this apocalypse that would compliment the gameplay loop.

Idk why I wasn't expecting the suggestion to be taken so well lmao, but it was and it makes me happy to hear it! As well as all the information you shared about how its actually pretty doable all things considered.

I'm very excited to see what you end up doing with the project, and if you need any resources i'm sure there are people interested who have things to share, whether it be audio or or modeling etc.
chris9774
Somewhat familiar

Postby xing » Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:14 pm

"I didn't understand this mods, and I couldn't watch the video. Who told me how to eat this zombie?"
xing
Been posting for a bit

Postby NobodyOfAnyMatter » Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:09 pm

xing wrote:"I didn't understand this mods, and I couldn't watch the video. Who told me how to eat this zombie?"

Eating zombies directly is not currently implemented. The initial release was basically just a large capacity bag that can fit zombies modeled to be a belly with custom sounds. Initially just a proof of concept and background setup for future additions.
NobodyOfAnyMatter
Been posting for a bit

Postby RossTheEmeraldFox » Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:00 am

NobodyOfAnyMatter wrote:
xing wrote:"I didn't understand this mods, and I couldn't watch the video. Who told me how to eat this zombie?"

Eating zombies directly is not currently implemented. The initial release was basically just a large capacity bag that can fit zombies modeled to be a belly with custom sounds. Initially just a proof of concept and background setup for future additions.

What kinda stuff might be next for the mod? I'm quite curious actually. Do you have any current ideas on how to implement a more proper functionality?
RossTheEmeraldFox
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby NobodyOfAnyMatter » Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:05 pm

RossTheEmeraldFox wrote:What kinda stuff might be next for the mod? I'm quite curious actually. Do you have any current ideas on how to implement a more proper functionality?

I haven't been able to work on it for several weeks at all if I am honest.

But in terms of how it could be implemented in theory I do have ideas. (Not looking at my notes at the moment since different location so going off memory)

From the predator side of things there is a function exposed by the api for modding that is called every time that the player hits a zombie with a weapon that indicates what the weapon is (could be used for a special "Vore weapon" for simplicity), the id of the zombie, and some other information that is less relevant. From there you can have that trigger some logic to either move the id-ed zombie offscreen, kill and place in belly inventory, or otherwise render it a non-threat to the player and then trigger a bit of logic and runs on the common update to act as a digestion system that slowly applies damage to the zed with some cases for interrupting the loop for a vomit trigger of some kind. (Also just as a note I think the empty handed shove animation and the first part of the zombie leaping over a fence animation may be good candidates for repurposing/modifying for a simple vore animation.)

From the prey side of things there is an exposed trigger of some kind for when a zombie hits a player but forgetting the details at the moment but similarly that could be done but rendering the player invisible and the ai attention on the player disabled. (Reference god mode cheat mods for reference on how to disable the ai player attention and invis)

There also appear to be script based ways to manage equipment and inventory (see how the dumpster deletion script works) so those could be used as part of auto equipping vore bellies and placing/digesting items given scripts.

But yeah I haven't been able to set aside time for a long while now so memories are rusty (and i am not looking at my notes when writing this) and there are probably better ways to implement it I haven't found yet.
NobodyOfAnyMatter
Been posting for a bit

Postby SymLeikill » Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:14 am

This definitely has some promise if you continue working on it. Just remember that no vore mod has ever been easily made, just keep at it and make sure you don't burn yourself out. Im sure you'll make a really good mod the longer you work on this project.
SymLeikill
New to the forum

Next

Return to Vore game