Need Help Deciding on what Game to Make

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Which Option Sounds more Fun?

Poll ended at Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:53 am

Option A: Survival Fantasy
47%
Option B: Space Adventure
35%
Option C: Space Turn-based-strategy
18%

Total votes : 259

Re: Need Help Deciding on what Game to Make

Postby Noxyoursox » Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:05 pm

Option A sounds like too many existing games, while B and C pique my interest. Space Adventure could be a ton of fun!
Noxyoursox
Participator

Postby ParaLeDigm » Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:28 am

Noxyoursox wrote:Option A sounds like too many existing games, while B and C pique my interest. Space Adventure could be a ton of fun!

A lot of people seem to agree, and I’m certainly leaning in the direction of B based on that, and it having the second most votes!
ParaLeDigm
Been posting for a bit

Postby Tilalumtar » Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:42 pm

ParaLeDigm wrote:
RedOrange wrote:
What is the software you'll be using? I'm guessing RPG Maker?

Nope! Planning to use Gamemaker Studio 2; still fairly simple to use and lets me make mechanics from scratch c:

Oh, if you ever need help, I would be more than willing to lend a hand! I am pretty confident with that engine.
Also: Option C is something I have as a pretty rough concept still laying around in good ol' GMS1, thus I can't really continue to work on it, after YoYo-Games discontinued any support for their first engine. But this makes me wonder if I should pick it up and work on it with the new engine... :silly:

I like Option A the best, it's pretty open for any mechanics you would like to add and I just love medieval fantasy settings!
I wish you all the best for your developing journey!
I am in love with history and humans in general.
Hope that provides enough information to understand my mindset. Thank you. I like you. Have a nice day.
Tilalumtar
Somewhat familiar

Postby ParaLeDigm » Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:18 pm

Tilalumtar wrote:
ParaLeDigm wrote:
RedOrange wrote:
What is the software you'll be using? I'm guessing RPG Maker?

Nope! Planning to use Gamemaker Studio 2; still fairly simple to use and lets me make mechanics from scratch c:

Oh, if you ever need help, I would be more than willing to lend a hand! I am pretty confident with that engine.
Also: Option C is something I have as a pretty rough concept still laying around in good ol' GMS1, thus I can't really continue to work on it, after YoYo-Games discontinued any support for their first engine. But this makes me wonder if I should pick it up and work on it with the new engine... :silly:

I like Option A the best, it's pretty open for any mechanics you would like to add and I just love medieval fantasy settings!
I wish you all the best for your developing journey!

I’ll keep that in mind! There are. Few things I’m not sure how I’ll do right now, but I know of some tutorials to follow, and even then if that should fail I know how I could simplify things to make a less satisfying, but ultimately serviceable system

Thanks!
ParaLeDigm
Been posting for a bit

Postby Vennaya » Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:34 am

There certinaly is a lack of scifi games on here. We've seen plenty of fantasy and modern settings.
Vennaya
Somewhat familiar

Postby ParaLeDigm » Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:45 am

Vennaya wrote:There certinaly is a lack of scifi games on here. We've seen plenty of fantasy and modern settings.

That definitely seems the case yeah, might go with space adventure just for that reason to be honest ^^
ParaLeDigm
Been posting for a bit

Postby ParaLeDigm » Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:58 am

Decided what game to go with, and made an edit on the original post for explaining that ^^

Thanks for the help everyone!
ParaLeDigm
Been posting for a bit

Postby wariodude128 » Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:36 am

If you want more details of how I would do a game where your ship is basically your game avatar and how you fight with it, let me know.
wariodude128
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby unzipsdick » Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:11 am

ParaLeDigm wrote:Maybe some quests could have rebirth options that allows changing species, for pred options?

Why bother needing to change species for pred options? Maybe a story route (or even the main quest) could be to show the galaxy that humans are on top of the food chain. You had expressed interest in a lot of player-as-pred options, including smaller pred, which would be perfect for that kind of content.
"What was it he said that got everyone so upset?"
"Be kind to each other."
"Oh yeah, that'll do it."
unzipsdick
Somewhat familiar

Postby ParaLeDigm » Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:14 pm

unzipsdick wrote:
ParaLeDigm wrote:Maybe some quests could have rebirth options that allows changing species, for pred options?

Why bother needing to change species for pred options? Maybe a story route (or even the main quest) could be to show the galaxy that humans are on top of the food chain. You had expressed interest in a lot of player-as-pred options, including smaller pred, which would be perfect for that kind of content.

Well you see, humans won’t be predatory (Not by default anyway) - Humans also, if anything, would likely be located at the bottom of the chain. (Though in a vore world, where small bunnies can swallow dragons with ease, I don’t think the concept of a food chain really applies Cx)

I do plan to have player pred options, but that’s sort of why ^^

(Plus, a practical reason for unbirth is a fun idea imo!)
ParaLeDigm
Been posting for a bit

Postby Pkmnguy6262 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:25 pm

ParaLeDigm wrote:
Pkmnguy6262 wrote:ill be honest, all three of these sound fun and interesting so im definetyl interrested regardless of what itll be.
however some things id wish for would be for an option for some mass vore of devouring an entire city by yourself or maybe some micro pred either by having giant pre or micro preds. and especially for the two space ones id really hope for a route/option to just stright up devoure entire planets or have an entity that can devour entire planets~ as thats something id really love to see more in games. differents vore types are also always fun so im especially hoping for some CV/BV options in the game~ but yeah either way ill be curious and interested in this game so count on my support!~

I’m not so sure about planet Vore right now, but CV is definitely something I’ll wanna have, (it’s my favourite nyeheheh)

I do like small preds though, that could be fun… hmmmmmmm

(Sorry to everyone for slow replies rn by the way, my friend broke my computer, going to try get it fixed today)

very fair on that, just have a major fondness for ridiculously large prey/bellies xd or ridiculous mass vore. but happy to hear CV will be featured as thats my favorite too~

small/micro preds would greatly improve any game for me as i love that so much and its not done often, most "giantess" content always as the giants as pred and micro as prey, so itd be super fun having a game where its the reverse for once~ def very eager to see what youll end up making^^
Pkmnguy6262
Been posting for a bit

Postby ParaLeDigm » Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:55 am

Pkmnguy6262 wrote:
ParaLeDigm wrote:
Pkmnguy6262 wrote:ill be honest, all three of these sound fun and interesting so im definetyl interrested regardless of what itll be.
however some things id wish for would be for an option for some mass vore of devouring an entire city by yourself or maybe some micro pred either by having giant pre or micro preds. and especially for the two space ones id really hope for a route/option to just stright up devoure entire planets or have an entity that can devour entire planets~ as thats something id really love to see more in games. differents vore types are also always fun so im especially hoping for some CV/BV options in the game~ but yeah either way ill be curious and interested in this game so count on my support!~

I’m not so sure about planet Vore right now, but CV is definitely something I’ll wanna have, (it’s my favourite nyeheheh)

I do like small preds though, that could be fun… hmmmmmmm

(Sorry to everyone for slow replies rn by the way, my friend broke my computer, going to try get it fixed today)

very fair on that, just have a major fondness for ridiculously large prey/bellies xd or ridiculous mass vore. but happy to hear CV will be featured as thats my favorite too~

small/micro preds would greatly improve any game for me as i love that so much and its not done often, most "giantess" content always as the giants as pred and micro as prey, so itd be super fun having a game where its the reverse for once~ def very eager to see what youll end up making^^

Thanks! I was considering some ideas for planet vore after you mentioned it, though for now I’ll leave them on the drawing board as I’m in the process of downscaling the idea c: (Gotta make sure it’s doable)

After the main features are done, I might cycle back and do additional things

My main problem right now with adding giants at all is simply the art element to it! (Not an artist, so making and animating large scale characters is somewhat beyond my abilities at the moment ^^ I plan to use pixel art, and while my computer’s in repairs I’ve started work on character animations. Might start posting pre-production updates? But I’d rather start people’s viewing with a prototype to show)
ParaLeDigm
Been posting for a bit

Postby 2410561942 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:29 am

if the preds are human shape or just human then it's fine for me :)
Been posting for a bit

Postby ParaLeDigm » Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:16 am

2410561942 wrote:if the preds are human shape or just human then it's fine for me :)

There’ll be humanoid preds yep! Just humans themselves won’t be c:
ParaLeDigm
Been posting for a bit

Previous

Return to Vore game