Need Help Deciding on what Game to Make

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Which Option Sounds more Fun?

Poll ended at Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:53 am

Option A: Survival Fantasy
47%
Option B: Space Adventure
35%
Option C: Space Turn-based-strategy
18%

Total votes : 259

Need Help Deciding on what Game to Make

Postby ParaLeDigm » Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:53 am

Hello all!

At the minute I’m considering making a vore game, I’m confident I can make the game, but can’t decide between a few options. So I figured I would post the ideas here, and then see what the community thinks - Assuming I don’t get sudden hyper-compelling motivation for one of them, or a new terrible idea… or obviously unless life goes all out - I can then take that as the choice!

Obviously all of them will have vore as the main threat of failure and player-pred is pretty likely. I’m not much of an artist though, so based on the number of sprites I need to make, it might become exponentially more time-consuming. And unless this project gets all the traction and attention in the universe, I'll be working around university to make it.

Option A:
Your town is attacked and destroyed by predators, forcing you to survive in the wild, avoiding preds and working to gain enough strength to defeat the predatory Lords in the lands, in order to reveal the dark lord’s dungeon who serves as a final boss; placed in a world with little side quests scattered around. - Overhead view, RPG stats, simple building mechanics. Maybe each time you complete the game successfully, you could unlock a character, some of which could have predatory moves?

Option B:
You’re the captain of the first human starship with FTL, and you need to explore the galaxy - which happens to be filled with predatory species! Naturally. Different systems will have different little side quests where you have to avoid getting eaten during them. - Overhead view, ship management. Maybe some quests could have rebirth options that allows changing species, for pred options?

Option C:
Space-themed turn-based-strategy game, where you do the usual control of fleets, systems and planets, maybe with the additional feature that your leader character can be played in-person on whatever starbase, starship or planet you station them on for a certain bonus. Albeit with the risk of your own people betraying and devouring you, or being attacked by other factions. Naturally there would be race options, some predatory and some not so much; though if you do pick a predatory route, I’d also want to make eating your own subordinates an option.

I’ll run the poll for a week and see the results after? If people would like to suggest ideas then that’d be cool too!

!!! EDIT !!!: 24th Mar
Than-you everyone for voting and giving helpful advice and suggestions in the comments! I’ve decided to take option B. While there were some more votes for Fantasy, the comments were mostly in favour of explaining that fantasy has been somewhat overdone on Eka’s - So based on that, and it having the second most votes to fantasy, I’ll take option B.

Thanks again for all the help! I’m going to go plan out the game and it’s mechanics, to make sure I don’t go in blind. Plus, since my friend dropped my laptop and broke it, it’s still in for repairs and will take a hot minute to get fixed - I’ll probably make a new post when I make the first prototype ^^
Last edited by ParaLeDigm on Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
ParaLeDigm
Been posting for a bit

Re: Need Help Deciding on what Game to Make

Postby RedOrange » Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:21 pm

I like option A best personally.

Especially if you could become a pred and take revenge on the people who attacked your village through voring them.

I would also want a male protagonist and I really like cock vore so that would be my dream choice of revenge.
RedOrange
New to the forum

Postby Ryuu27 » Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:59 pm

Difficult choice, but I think I prefer option A
Ryuu27
Participator

Postby chocobun » Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:17 pm

B sounds lovely. Don't remember having a space adventure vore game
chocobun
Somewhat familiar

Postby umakeisee » Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:36 pm

A sounds good, but very generic. I can think of five very popular vore games with essentially the same setup.

B is my vote. There's just not enough space vore content. Yeah, we have MMA2, but it's still mostly fantasy. It would add diversity to the site.

C is an odd one. TBS doesn't really sound like it would make a good vore game, but that might just be because of my preferences. It would make most vore very impersonal. It also sounds like more than you expect. Never underestimate how much effort a game will take. The first two sound doable, if ambitious. C sounds like it would never get off the ground.
Artist previously known as yourface5672.
umakeisee
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ParaLeDigm » Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:23 pm

RedOrange wrote:I like option A best personally.

Especially if you could become a pred and take revenge on the people who attacked your village through voring them.

I would also want a male protagonist and I really like cock vore so that would be my dream choice of revenge.

Fair statement~ CV is definitely something I’d want to add, though I’m not a dedicated artist and having a large variety of vore animations might be difficult; we’ll see how it goes though!

Currently the starter protagonist I have in mind would be androgynous, to act as a better insert for the player c:
ParaLeDigm
Been posting for a bit

Postby ParaLeDigm » Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:33 pm

umakeisee wrote:A sounds good, but very generic. I can think of five very popular vore games with essentially the same setup.

B is my vote. There's just not enough space vore content. Yeah, we have MMA2, but it's still mostly fantasy. It would add diversity to the site.

C is an odd one. TBS doesn't really sound like it would make a good vore game, but that might just be because of my preferences. It would make most vore very impersonal. It also sounds like more than you expect. Never underestimate how much effort a game will take. The first two sound doable, if ambitious. C sounds like it would never get off the ground.

Pretty much agree! I had ideas for making C simpler and personalise the vore stuff more, but it seems like a more long-term project (at best) the more I think about it.
ParaLeDigm
Been posting for a bit

Postby Schagura » Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:55 pm

Option B sounds the most interesting.
A has been made numerous times already, or at the least the standard "Fantasy" setting.
C also sounds pretty interesting, like "Space Oddysey" with ships, crewmembers and fighting.

Of course, at the end it depends on what you truly want to make.
I'll definitely look forward to the future project that you chose!
regards
Schagura
Schagura
Somewhat familiar

Postby LordCrowe » Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:33 pm

ParaLeDigm wrote:
umakeisee wrote:A sounds good, but very generic. I can think of five very popular vore games with essentially the same setup.

Pretty much agree! I had ideas for making C simpler and personalise the vore stuff more, but it seems like a more long-term project (at best) the more I think about it.

Unfortunate that, maybe I'm the odd one out but I love strategy games, and I love when they come with my favorite fetishes. The only similar idea I can think of that's around right now is the Vore War RTS, so adding another game to that very short list would have been amazing.
LordCrowe
New to the forum

Postby wariodude128 » Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:00 pm

I think B would be a great idea, and you could make it even more interesting by making the ship you pilot be what you control and is what gets into battles. Similar to an NES game called Destiny of an Emperor, the idea would be turn based ship-to-ship combat. The main thing to care about are the Hull Points or HP, which is the general health of your ship. You can also get other ships to join you on your journey and you would form a little party of ships. If your HP runs out, that's when vore happens. What kind depends on the foe being encountered. Might have more ideas where that came from, if you want them, but I'll leave it there for now.
wariodude128
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby RedOrange » Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:06 pm

ParaLeDigm wrote:

Fair statement~ CV is definitely something I’d want to add, though I’m not a dedicated artist and having a large variety of vore animations might be difficult; we’ll see how it goes though!

Currently the starter protagonist I have in mind would be androgynous, to act as a better insert for the player c:

What is the software you'll be using? I'm guessing RPG Maker?
RedOrange
New to the forum

Postby ParaLeDigm » Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:14 pm

RedOrange wrote:
ParaLeDigm wrote:

What is the software you'll be using? I'm guessing RPG Maker?

Nope! Planning to use Gamemaker Studio 2; still fairly simple to use and lets me make mechanics from scratch c:
ParaLeDigm
Been posting for a bit

Postby ParaLeDigm » Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:26 pm

wariodude128 wrote:I think B would be a great idea, and you could make it even more interesting by making the ship you pilot be what you control and is what gets into battles. Similar to an NES game called Destiny of an Emperor, the idea would be turn based ship-to-ship combat. The main thing to care about are the Hull Points or HP, which is the general health of your ship. You can also get other ships to join you on your journey and you would form a little party of ships. If your HP runs out, that's when vore happens. What kind depends on the foe being encountered. Might have more ideas where that came from, if you want them, but I'll leave it there for now.

I’m BIG on space won’t lie - The idea I had for the space game was that you’d have your ship, but if your ship’s energy shields fail, then you get boarded; and then you and your crew get devoured as you try and fight them off, both onboard and outside the ship. Might become complicated on how to balance the controlling the ship and repelling boarders, but it could be used to make it stressful and exciting in its own way? It’ll be something to work out the kinks on depending on the game to pick c:

Also! Always open to ideas, even some crazy ones ;3
ParaLeDigm
Been posting for a bit

Postby ParaLeDigm » Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:31 pm

Schagura wrote:Option B sounds the most interesting.
A has been made numerous times already, or at the least the standard "Fantasy" setting.
C also sounds pretty interesting, like "Space Oddysey" with ships, crewmembers and fighting.

Of course, at the end it depends on what you truly want to make.
I'll definitely look forward to the future project that you chose!

Thanks! - I definitely feel like going with option A will need brainstorming to make it unique; a classic fantasy world has been done quite a lot with vore games so far.
ParaLeDigm
Been posting for a bit

Postby maxicrack » Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:07 am

All I'm saying is that we need more space-themed vore games. Waaaay too many fantasy.
maxicrack
Been posting for a bit

Postby SquishySofty » Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:56 am

ParaLeDigm wrote:Planning to use Gamemaker Studio 2; still fairly simple to use and lets me make mechanics from scratch c:

When I heard GMS2, it intrigues me. 8O

There are a lot of games that's made in either RPG maker or Ren'py (Which the two are the most popular), but a game that's made in other engines like GMS2, Godot Engine, Unity, or Unreal is also something I don't see a lot.

And I'm also a huge space geek so you know what my choices are haha-
Game Developer (With Godot Engine) and Sprite artist/animator ❤
❤ Maria best chunky girl~ ❤
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Optimusprime1 » Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:18 am

Option B for me
Optimusprime1
New to the forum

Postby MarsKnight » Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:20 am

On the basis of what engine will you make the project, if not a secret?
Will it be possible to choose the gender and appearance of the character with his gender characteristics?
Will the vore type be available?
It will not be linear and will something change from our choices in the game (with the help of flags for example)?
Will you release the project as much as you can, or the whole thing?
Will you interact with the community for tests?
Will there be an option for fan-made voiceovers and subtitles?
If subtitles are not provided, will it be possible to copy words for translation from the text of subtitles in an accessible way, people who do not know it well and translate with the help of castles?
Will interesting mechanics and random events be implemented?
Will the project be implemented on one platform, or will we see a new experience and will it be possible to play on different platforms, including mobile ones?

P.S. If I loaded it, I apologize, but as for me, it’s best to decide at the idea stage, so that later you don’t waste your energy and abandon the project, as is often the case.
MarsKnight
New to the forum

Postby Chessa » Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:44 am

Don't feel pressured, and make sure to back up your stuff on a cloud, I personally recommend github for it, if you need any help PM me, and don't be afraid to make a discord. I love to see new people trying their hand at game dev.
Join the Discord for my game here: https://discord.gg/Ua3duEUqg

Support me on Patreon here!: https://www.patreon.com/user/membership?u=51030251
Chessa
Somewhat familiar

Postby ParaLeDigm » Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:46 am

MarsKnight wrote:On the basis of what engine will you make the project, if not a secret?
Will it be possible to choose the gender and appearance of the character with his gender characteristics?
Will the vore type be available?
It will not be linear and will something change from our choices in the game (with the help of flags for example)?
Will you release the project as much as you can, or the whole thing?
Will you interact with the community for tests?
Will there be an option for fan-made voiceovers and subtitles?
If subtitles are not provided, will it be possible to copy words for translation from the text of subtitles in an accessible way, people who do not know it well and translate with the help of castles?
Will interesting mechanics and random events be implemented?
Will the project be implemented on one platform, or will we see a new experience and will it be possible to play on different platforms, including mobile ones?

P.S. If I loaded it, I apologize, but as for me, it’s best to decide at the idea stage, so that later you don’t waste your energy and abandon the project, as is often the case.

Ohh, lots of questions! Currently deciding on a direction to go in terms of genre, but I do have a few plans in mind! But right now I am just deciding where to start developing firm ideas essentially, so I’m afraid it’s a bit early for me to answer them all fully ^^

Rest assured though, I’ll be setting up a trello board and pulling out all the stops in advance, since I personally hate getting stuck halfway on a problem I hadn’t anticipated

- I will be using GMS2 for my software, since GML script is simple and still provides diversity in the mechanics I can make
- I’m currently debating character customisation, as depending on how its done, it can be a significant jump in difficulty and I’m not sure the best way to implement it off the top of my head
- I’m planning to have multiple vore types, but will likely start with only Oral being available; I can add more types after the core gameplay is in, depending on how I prioritise tasks! C:
- This will depend on the game chosen, but I am a big fan of non-linear story-telling - I’d definitely consider ways of implementing that without overscoping myself at least
- I plan to release the project in versions, starting with prototypes for the core mechanics most likely
- I absolutely plan to take advantage of community testing as much as possible where I can!
- I haven’t really considered fan-made voiceovers to be honest, I was planning to use Soundly’s A.I voice synth to do any voices, though I suppose I’m not opposed to it? Will depend how I feel when it’s going!
- I recently fixed my GML script to make subtitles look pretty, there will ABSOLUTELY be visible text for dialogue
- I suppose whether you find them interesting would depend, but it will also be linked to the balancing that comes around. Random events? Also depends on which game - Option A would likely have minimal randomisation, whereas B would have random events perhaps during jumps - maybe randomised planets.
- I probably won’t be making this for multiple platforms, probably a bit much for a first project!
ParaLeDigm
Been posting for a bit

Next

Return to Vore game