Vessel Tactics v0.04d | A vore focused Strategy RPG!

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vessel Tactics v0.02 | A vore focused Strategy RPG!

Postby Cyrk » Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:05 pm

v0.02 is now live on Patreon! https://www.patreon.com/MeshiSoftworks/ Thank you so much if you choose to support us there!

Stunlocked wrote:I will now dedicate the rest of my comment to why Cornucopia is the best character

Based.

DemonOfDeath567 wrote:Do you have a roadmap for what order you're gonna implement the features in?

Sorry, not at the moment. In general though, once I finish the battle scene, I'll move onto the lobby, and then start adding in the story and proper missions.

Kreate48 wrote:I don't know if i experienced this problem by playing on a linux system, but when moving the camera around it kind of got stuck on the bottom of the screen. Up, left and down, right ended up giving the same camera movement result until i centered the camera on the selected unit again. Also had some issues with some of the clickable icons either not working or stopped doing so. The x in the character info page in game did not work, right click did however and when tabbing out and back to the game the buttons in the main menu would stop working for me. Probably just an issue with my system though.

Thank you! Yeah, I don't have a good way to test it for linux, so there may be some weird bugs on that version, sorry about that.

DragonOfEmerald wrote:Well this pounced on my list of favorite vore games like Schrodinger on the Brunch Squad. Gotta say, I love pretty much everything about this game. Beautiful aesthetics. Characters that DON'T feel flat or one-dimensional. Well-written dialogue. Genuinely enjoyable gameplay; my favorite part being that the first time I played the demo level it kicked my butt because I didn't know the, heh, "ins-and-outs" of the vore mechanic. A style of vore I find very appealing. I love all the things you can do with your secretary. The gacha style is bright, colorful, and cheery; very on-point. And I look forward to enjoying a gacha game without the money-grubby business decisions getting in the way of a good time.

I'm so happy you like it! Sorry about Covenant, I was kind of worried about how she would come across to someone from a religious background. If it helps, she really does try her best to be a good nun, she's just... not very good at it.

Gachadragon5 wrote:Cyrk, Are you planning on making a mobile version of this?? ^^;

I don't have any plans to at the moment, sorry.

DemonOfDeath567 wrote:Will the patreon updates become available for free on here?

Eventually! I can't give an exact date, but once I release the next build I'll put v0.02 on the itch.io
Cyrk
New to the forum

Postby BlackAion2 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:35 pm

Alright so I found the first bug. During the demo if you manage to beat the blonde lamia into submission she starts coughing up the others but then the game freezes and nothing else happens.
BlackAion2
Been posting for a bit

Postby BlackAion2 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:42 pm

This is another bug I found.
BlackAion2
Been posting for a bit

Postby TacDel » Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:02 pm

Covenant with that discord light mode drip 8O
TacDel
New to the forum

Postby Darl123 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:12 am

BlackAion2 wrote:Alright so I found the first bug. During the demo if you manage to beat the blonde lamia into submission she starts coughing up the others but then the game freezes and nothing else happens.

Specifically, it seems like if a predator is forced to release prey, but the game can't find an adjacent tile to place them, it crashes. Beating a Lamia that had only eaten two people didn't cause a crash, but beating one that had eaten five (and with two of the adjacent tiles occupied by a wall and Theano) did.
Darl123
New to the forum

Postby GrandestBlue » Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:58 pm

I loved it, eagerly awaiting more.
For suggestions, the only original one I have is to either make the screen after you get eaten in the menu skippable, somehow better, or both.
As for things already suggested, I'm behind the weight gain ideas.
GrandestBlue
Somewhat familiar

Postby Darl123 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:22 am

So having messed around a bit with the newer build, my immediate thoughts:

1. I really like Lamia's design in particular: The pose is very dynamic and just looks really stand-out! And while we don't get a chance to really play with them, her passives also seem really interesting, as both a power unit and also a buffer.

2. My earlier complaints that vore percentages felt a little high feel much better addressed! Initially, I sometimes felt like they were a liiiiittle low, to the point where an enemy would almost be completely knocked out before a percentage was above 50%. At that point, it felt like the Optimal Action was to just knock them out anyway, especially if they'd already swallowed one of my own units, and then let a unit I wanted to get the experience eat them.

Even so, I definitely prefer that to how it was in the first build, where it felt like vore was the Optimal Action instead, and healers like Covenant felt useless! On further reflection, most of the major enemies in this build were either Lamias (who are supposed to be harder to swallow), Theano, and the occasional Shcrodinger (who only really needed to be at half to have a decent chance of getting swallowed) *and* the player's units are all about level one. For tough enemies with player units that are lower in power, I think it actually felt about right! Certainly an improvement over the old numbers, but these current numbers and percentages being the norm against the bulk of enemies and even with higher levels might be tactically stifling.

3. I liked the way the Dusk Lamia was set-up as the 'boss' of the stage, with a clear showing of what her abilities were while powering her up in the corner of the map. The Wild Lamia off to the side was also nice, with the three Evil Cornucopias for the player in the opposite direction to discourage rushing her down.

4. Covenant Buffs feel good. I admittedly never felt hugely compelled to use her passives in the demo, but I can see them being useful in more difficult stages, or once team compositions become more of a thing; and the fact that health just seems to be more important for your own units makes her feel more important anyway! The fact that she's also a way to take an injured unit safely off the board is a genuinely interesting intersection of TRPG design and vore degeneracy.

5. I don't know if it was a deliberate thing or not, but the Dusk Lamia being able to put a healer to sleep to make them digest is a spooky but also interesting combo. If it was deliberate, then I wanted to make sure it was noticed, and if it wasn't deliberate, then organic combos of design are always neat and might be interesting to use in future levels! (A stage where the enemy abuses healers, encouraging the player to use debuffs like the Dusk Lamia's, or a stage with an NPC healer who starts off very helpful but can end up being a Problem)
Darl123
New to the forum

Postby TacDel » Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:03 pm

So, the luckiest thing just happened to me.

It was all going fine, everyone was still good and we were all there, chilling on the bridge after defeating the regular lamia. Theano grabbed our Cornucopia Nº2 for a snack although we were still good.

So I wondered "What if I fed the lamia, would she join me?" so I fed Cornucopia Nº3 to her. Lamia woke up and was not happy to be around a bunch of half-hp vessels and started eating everyone, Wild Lamia appeared too and was 1v2ing Cornucopia Nº1 and Theano. Then the Dusk Lamia woke up from her nap and thought it'd be funny to sleep Covenant.

We were, pretty much, screwed. Well, then Cornucopia Nº1 turned around and smacked the bridge lamia back into unconsciousness, then she went back to the frontline and smacked the Wild Lamia until the other oversized worm got knocked out as well.

Theano ate the Wild Lamia and Covenant did the same to the Bridge Lamia, problem was, the Dusk Lamia had about 600 HP and was currently eating Schroedinger, who I sent as a distraction.

So there I was, sitting in front of a 600 HP snake-woman with a 60 HP Theano, Covenant and a 30 HP Schroedinger. As much as it pained me to do it, I sent our hero, Cornucopia, to hold the giant snake while I healed Theano and Schroedinger.

And perhaps, in the most plot-armour movie bullshit I've ever seen in my entire life, the Dusk Lamia tripped and fell inside the mouth of Cornucopia Nº1.

Someone get this girl a novel prize, the medal of honor, the Victorian cross, a "hero-of-the-soviet-union" medal and whatever else valiant hero medals are out there to her. She truly is the main character of the game, quite literally carrying the team on her back while still being its stress ball.

I'm now an avid believer of the Church of Cornucopia and no one can sway me away from it.
TacDel
New to the forum

Postby Nuenshi » Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:44 pm

Welp, looks like Dusk Lamia is joining Covenant in the "best girl" tier for me. Tbh, all the characters are pretty great, and I love how distinct their personalities are. The amount of unique dialogue each has for so many situations is fun.

A thing I noticed that I'm not sure is a glitch or a conscious decision, but sometimes when a character got digested, the pred didn't level up, which I could have sworn was how it worked in the last version. Is this a gaff or a rebalancing of exp? Just curious.
Nuenshi
Been posting for a bit

Postby Darl123 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:20 pm

Nuenshi wrote:Welp, looks like Dusk Lamia is joining Covenant in the "best girl" tier for me. Tbh, all the characters are pretty great, and I love how distinct their personalities are. The amount of unique dialogue each has for so many situations is fun.

A thing I noticed that I'm not sure is a glitch or a conscious decision, but sometimes when a character got digested, the pred didn't level up, which I could have sworn was how it worked in the last version. Is this a gaff or a rebalancing of exp? Just curious.

I'm not definitively sure, but I think level ups only occur at every 100 experience which is more-or-less equal to Nutritional Value. Units like Cornucopia only give 75, which isn't enough for a full level.
Darl123
New to the forum

Postby Stunlocked » Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:40 pm

TacDel wrote:I'm now an avid believer of the Church of Cornucopia and no one can sway me away from it.

Welcome to the club
Stunlocked
Participator

Postby Achenar » Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:09 pm

Are there conditions that need to be met for Dusk Lamia to use her abilities? Whenever I tried to snackrifice my team to her, she only ever tried to get into melee range and attack or swallow them... I kinda wanted Theano running around swallowing everyone and feeding them to her new Dusk Mother...
Achenar
Participator

Postby InuyashalovesKagome » Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:46 pm

Wait I'm confused, is 0.02 live for public now or is it still just Patreon payers only?
InuyashalovesKagome
Participator

Postby MisterMan32 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:38 am

InuyashalovesKagome wrote:Wait I'm confused, is 0.02 live for public now or is it still just Patreon payers only?

Currently, 0.02 is still Patreon only. It'll be released for the public when Patreon payers get 0.03 in a month or 2.
Average lurker with a thing for bellies.
MisterMan32
Been posting for a bit

Postby InuyashalovesKagome » Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:38 am

Ah ok, figured as much. Anyone who are Patreon supporters should probably say as much so it doesn't confuse non-Patreon supporters.
InuyashalovesKagome
Participator

Postby Hivelord » Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:31 pm

Where can i find the discord link?
Hivelord
Somewhat familiar

Postby Nuenshi » Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:16 pm

Darl123 wrote:
Nuenshi wrote:Welp, looks like Dusk Lamia is joining Covenant in the "best girl" tier for me. Tbh, all the characters are pretty great, and I love how distinct their personalities are. The amount of unique dialogue each has for so many situations is fun.

I'm not definitively sure, but I think level ups only occur at every 100 experience which is more-or-less equal to Nutritional Value. Units like Cornucopia only give 75, which isn't enough for a full level.

I think you might be right. I really should take a minute to actually pay attention to all those numbers on the screen one day.

On another note, has anyone had this experience? I've been hitting X to control the enemies, and while it seems to work fine for a while, at some point it just stops, without fail, and getting it to work again seems pretty hit or miss. Not a big issue or anything, but it does throw a wrench into my bizarre attempt to have all the characters eat each other in a specific order.
Nuenshi
Been posting for a bit

Postby TacDel » Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:13 pm

Nuenshi wrote:
Darl123 wrote:

I think you might be right. I really should take a minute to actually pay attention to all those numbers on the screen one day.

On another note, has anyone had this experience? I've been hitting X to control the enemies, and while it seems to work fine for a while, at some point it just stops, without fail, and getting it to work again seems pretty hit or miss. Not a big issue or anything, but it does throw a wrench into my bizarre attempt to have all the characters eat each other in a specific order.

The X is a toggle, however, scripted events do take priority over that toggle and enable AI again. Just toggle it again by deactivating and activating it and you should be fine.
TacDel
New to the forum

Postby AuntieFloof » Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:05 pm

I'd love to see the sprites for the lamia get bigger tails when you devour enemies~
Also maybe even a moddable sprite folder so people could edit images and sprites to their liking~♥

What are your plans/ideas so far for other races and enemies?
Some tigers with quick speed would be cool~
Maybe some flying units that are harder to hit unless their bellies are full?
AuntieFloof
New to the forum

Postby Nuenshi » Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:01 pm

TacDel wrote:
The X is a toggle, however, scripted events do take priority over that toggle and enable AI again. Just toggle it again by deactivating and activating it and you should be fine.

Nah, I've tried that, but it just de-activates within a turn or two, or at least it seems to. Nothing to do with any scripted events as far as I can tell. At some point, one of the enemies just decides it's going do what it feels like again. Re-toggling control is also kind of a pain because if I time it wrong, the game just kind of stops until I untoggle it. Then again, considering its almost always a Cornucopia that makes its bid for freedom, maybe it's some weird quirk of its behaviour that takes priority over player control. Again, not a big issue, especially since I don't really expect the toggle to last into the finished game.
Nuenshi
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game