Mod Vore Viper Race X-Com-Files[7.0.4] Tyran

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Mod Vore Playable Viper Race X-Com-Files [2.5.5]

Postby jeveasy » Mon May 22, 2023 9:55 am

MisterXUwU wrote:jeveasy, Hello dude, it seems to me that you just installed my mod incorrectly, for understanding, my mod only works with global modification, x com files, there are no installed mods in this mod, only dark geoscape, my mod is not suitable for the main game, if somehow bypassed this method then play with my mod in the main game at your own risk

No, see, I haven't had any issues with your mod I'm talking about one of the modifications that come attached to Open X-Com Extended itself, I was in the middle of a playthrough when I activated the always daytime mod, and after the restart, my saves were no longer there.
jeveasy
Been posting for a bit

Postby MisterXUwU » Mon May 22, 2023 11:29 am

jeveasy, Once again, if you did everything right and chose the global mod, x com files, all additional modifications presented by x com of the extended version should not be displayed at all, unless you yourself have changed anything in the files
MisterXUwU
Somewhat familiar

Postby jeveasy » Mon May 22, 2023 2:19 pm

MisterXUwU wrote:jeveasy, Once again, if you did everything right and chose the global mod, x com files, all additional modifications presented by x com of the extended version should not be displayed at all, unless you yourself have changed anything in the files

When I go into mods, I see two separate menus. The first contains modifications that came with base Extended, and the second X-Com Files menu contains your mod, the Dark Geoscape mod and the Cyillic names mod. I assumed this was working as intended, but are you saying that I shouldn't be able to see or access the first menu?
jeveasy
Been posting for a bit

Postby GrayLotus » Mon May 22, 2023 8:54 pm

jeveasy wrote:When I go into mods, I see two separate menus. The first contains modifications that came with base Extended, and the second X-Com Files menu contains your mod, the Dark Geoscape mod and the Cyillic names mod. I assumed this was working as intended, but are you saying that I shouldn't be able to see or access the first menu?

You're trying to activate a mod for X-Com UFO Defense and not for X-Com Files. They're separate base games these days in OpenXCom these days, so you'll have to select X-Com Files as the base game to see and activate the Viper mod. I'll try to explain more thoroughly below. Screenshots attached in the spoiler sections for space.
The installation process for mods has changed a bit since that install guide video was made, but it's really just the master mod system that matters here. When you start up a clean install of OpenXComExtended with X-Com Files, it defaults to the vanilla X-Com UFO Defense game.
Spoiler: show
2023-05-23-OpenXcom Extended 7.9.6 (v2023-05-21)-000191.png
Default start screen
2023-05-23-OpenXcom Extended 7.9.6 (v2023-05-21)-000191.png (31.13 KiB) Viewed 2765 times

You need to open the mods menu, which will let you select which master mod (Base game) is active, and which submods to that master are active. Submods are tied to specific masters, and will only appear and be active for that master. The same is true for save games, they are tied to specific masters and only appear in the save/load menu when their associated master is currently active. So you can have savegames for UFO Defense, TFTD, and a megamod master, and each games saves will only appear when that master is currently active.
2023-05-23-OpenXcom Extended 7.9.6 (v2023-05-21)-000192.png
Default mods menu (Vanilla X-Com UFO Defense master active)

Select X-Com Files as the master, and the relevant submods will appear in the list below.
2023-05-23-OpenXcom Extended 7.9.6 (v2023-05-21)-000193.png
Opening master mod menu (Base game)

Now you can select and activate the Viper submod, click OK to confirm and after OpenXCom restarts, X-Com Files with the Viper submod will be running. Any submods enabled on other masters will not be active, and saves for those games will not be visible in the save/load menu.
2023-05-23-OpenXcom Extended 7.9.6 (v2023-05-21)-000194.png
X-Com Files master active

I hope this gets things sorted out.
GrayLotus
Somewhat familiar

Postby jeveasy » Tue May 23, 2023 9:51 am

GrayLotus wrote:
jeveasy wrote:When I go into mods, I see two separate menus. The first contains modifications that came with base Extended, and the second X-Com Files menu contains your mod, the Dark Geoscape mod and the Cyillic names mod. I assumed this was working as intended, but are you saying that I shouldn't be able to see or access the first menu?

You're trying to activate a mod for X-Com UFO Defense and not for X-Com Files. They're separate base games these days in OpenXCom these days, so you'll have to select X-Com Files as the base game to see and activate the Viper mod. I'll try to explain more thoroughly below. Screenshots attached in the spoiler sections for space.
The installation process for mods has changed a bit since that install guide video was made, but it's really just the master mod system that matters here. When you start up a clean install of OpenXComExtended with X-Com Files, it defaults to the vanilla X-Com UFO Defense game.
2023-05-23-OpenXcom Extended 7.9.6 (v2023-05-21)-000191.png

You need to open the mods menu, which will let you select which master mod (Base game) is active, and which submods to that master are active. Submods are tied to specific masters, and will only appear and be active for that master. The same is true for save games, they are tied to specific masters and only appear in the save/load menu when their associated master is currently active. So you can have savegames for UFO Defense, TFTD, and a megamod master, and each games saves will only appear when that master is currently active.
2023-05-23-OpenXcom Extended 7.9.6 (v2023-05-21)-000192.png

Select X-Com Files as the master, and the relevant submods will appear in the list below.
2023-05-23-OpenXcom Extended 7.9.6 (v2023-05-21)-000193.png

Now you can select and activate the Viper submod, click OK to confirm and after OpenXCom restarts, X-Com Files with the Viper submod will be running. Any submods enabled on other masters will not be active, and saves for those games will not be visible in the save/load menu.
2023-05-23-OpenXcom Extended 7.9.6 (v2023-05-21)-000194.png

I hope this gets things sorted out.

Thanks for clearing that up. Last night I went back and realized the saves were back but didn't understand why.
jeveasy
Been posting for a bit

Postby MisterXUwU » Wed May 24, 2023 9:48 am

GrayLotus, Thanks for the support, I hope it will be easier for others to change how to install my mod :D
MisterXUwU
Somewhat familiar

Postby veteraniu » Fri May 26, 2023 3:57 pm

I'm enjoying the mod, it's installed and working out well. Cheers
veteraniu
New to the forum

Postby MisterXUwU » Sat May 27, 2023 1:12 am

veteraniu, Thank you very much, I'm glad you liked it, I tried to make the mod error-free so as not to spoil the impression
MisterXUwU
Somewhat familiar

Postby MisterXUwU » Sat May 27, 2023 1:13 am

there will be another update soon, but I need some time, so stay tuned :-D
MisterXUwU
Somewhat familiar

Postby MisterXUwU » Sat May 27, 2023 1:25 am

Then when I release the update, if anyone can draw for this style of the game, who can draw 10 types of armor and all combat sprites, write to me on the discord, I will help with coding, if anyone just wants to participate
MisterXUwU
Somewhat familiar

Re: Mod Vore Viper Race X-Com-Files[4.0.0]Python Summoner Un

Postby MisterXUwU » Wed May 31, 2023 9:45 am

A little about the Characteristics of the Viper-Python Hybrid.
1. He is stronger than a man Weaker than a Viper
2.He can release another Lamia unit named Lucy
3. He can heal other units himself and Lamia Lucy
4. If Lucy dies but the body remains. The hybrid can swallow Lucy and resurrect her, and only her.
5. Lucy has several upgrades, they will appear with when the Hybrid changes new armor
6.After the death of Lucy in the new armor, and her resurrection, she loses her armor and new characteristics, so play her carefully
7. Lamia Lucy can safely die and will recover after the end of the battle, she is not trainable so do not pump her
8. Hybrid can only use one-handed weapons
9. The ability to Heal a Hybrid is effective but dangerous for the hybrid itself, use as a last resort
MisterXUwU
Somewhat familiar

Postby jeveasy » Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:24 am

Maybe you could put some variant of "requesting an artist" in the title?
jeveasy
Been posting for a bit

Postby MisterXUwU » Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:18 pm

jeveasy, I can try, but I don't think that anyone will want to draw sprites, not to mention coding
MisterXUwU
Somewhat familiar

Re: Mod Vore Viper Race X-Com-Files[4.0.1]Python Summoner Un

Postby MisterXUwU » Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:29 am

By popular demand I adapted my mod to the base build of Open XCOM
link to my mod: https://mega.nz/file/NelwERgY#m-e_9NBnb ... r9z0nHS5do
Перевод Ru ссылка: https://mega.nz/file/UPdRVKhB#rZctCavoU ... dvs6ybNOoE
MisterXUwU
Somewhat familiar

Postby Rubiont-47 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:11 am

Oh nice. Looks very promising. I should try it someday [XD]
Sorry for my bad english.
Made in Russia.
Make some pixels.
Rubiont-47
Participator

Postby MisterXUwU » Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:16 am

Rubiont-47, I hope you enjoy my mod, enjoy :D
MisterXUwU
Somewhat familiar

Postby blyatman » Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:29 pm

is their an easy way to make viper invincible?
blyatman
Been posting for a bit

Postby MisterXUwU » Sun Jun 11, 2023 3:53 am

blyatman, I already made the Vipers strong in characteristics, I think if you make the whole team Vipers, I think it will be invincible.
MisterXUwU
Somewhat familiar

Postby Mab17 » Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:49 pm

I may just be misunderstanding--is there a version that works in OpenXcom (not Extended?) The version there says it requires Extended and crashes the game when I try to activate it.
Mab17
Somewhat familiar

Postby MisterXUwU » Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:40 am

Mab17, If I understood you correctly, there is no version that works in OpenXcom (not Extended), so it is an Extended version and is considered a basic game that can support mods, if you play literally old xcom that just bought, it does not support mods at all, if you want you can go to my discord I will try to help if possible
MisterXUwU
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game