Glut-Tonne Demon (Vore Twin Stick Shooter)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Making a vore themed twin stick shooter

Postby RSBH » Sat May 27, 2023 9:33 am

TheFetishBeast wrote:I had some trouble getting through the first few waves but, as soon as I got that first power up (I chose rate of fire), it became much easier and a lot of fun. Anyway, here's a few ideas/suggestions.

1: Custom cursor
The little default PC cursor is a little hard to see in all the chaos that's going on. Could we get a custom cursor? You know, one that looks like a reticle of some kind. Doesn't have to be anything fancy, just something that's a little bigger and more visible.

2: Upgradeable devour range & speed
We can already upgrade the main attack in two different ways, how about upgrading the devour range and speed? Higher level range would increase how far away the player can be from a prey before they start moving towards the player. Increasing speed would make them move towards the player faster.

3: Upgrade health separately
You know, just to get more things to upgrade ^_^ .

4: Interrupt digestion
As soon as you start digesting, enemies cannot hurt you. You just stand there and wait until you've finished digesting. How about enemies being able to interrupt your digesting? Now, I can see two ways for this to work.
One: Every time an enemy hurts you, the fullness bar goes back to full and you have to start over. You would need to find an opportunity where you get enough time to fully digest (Of course, with the way things currently are, such an opportunity doesn't exist. See suggestion 5).
Two: There's a separate bar that is basically an experience points bar. Every time you hold the digest button, the fullness bar goes down and the experience bar goes up. Once the experience bar becomes full, you get a power up.

5: A brief moment to relax between waves
At first, I didn't even realize the game had waves. I thought enemies were just coming at me. I mean, as soon as all enemies are down, the next wave has already started. How about a few five to ten seconds of nothing between each wave? Could be a good opportunity to devour any remaining prey on the field or to digest (See suggestion 4, part One).

I've implemented all these changes except for the custom cursor, I'll do it as soon as I can. Do check out the new build please!
RSBH
Been posting for a bit

Postby Houyo » Sat May 27, 2023 10:46 am

RSBH wrote: except for the custom cursor

No custom cursor? What's the point of it all then. ; A;

Nah, I'm just kidding. Nice job getting work done on it!
Houyo
???

Postby RSBH » Sun May 28, 2023 8:54 am

Added custom cursor and animations. Check out the new build and let me know what you guys think!
https://forum.weightgaming.com/t/vore-t ... demo/32785
RSBH
Been posting for a bit

Postby RSBH » Wed May 31, 2023 12:50 pm

I've added ranged and melee enemy animations, along with some sounds.
Check out the new build: https://forum.weightgaming.com/t/vore-themed-twin-stick-shooter-basic-coding-demo/32785/2
RSBH
Been posting for a bit

Postby CoinToast » Wed May 31, 2023 4:02 pm

Nice game! Sorry I don't have much else to say, the game is very fun and relaxing, even if it is a bit short.
CoinToast
Been posting for a bit

Postby TheFetishBeast » Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:51 am

Took me long enough to try out the latest version where you literally added every single suggestion that I made. Honestly, I wasn't expecting that... It feels good.

Anyway, the game's coming along nicely but it seems imbalanced. It's fun, a lot of fun, really, but it's a little too easy. I beat it on my first try and only took a few hits. I was brought down to 1 HP at one point but that was me being careless, not having upgraded my health and it was fixed as soon as I leveled up. My biggest concern is that I didn't use the dodge function even once. So, here's a few more suggestions from me. Now, keep in mind, these are just suggestions, these are just things that I would like to see, it's entirely up to you whether or not you want them in the game.

1: Enemy with a wide-range attack
This would be a brand new enemy. This enemy has an attack that is so wide that it's almost impossible to step to the side of it. Instead, you'd be better off dodging through it. The attack may be wide but it moves very slowly and the enemy cannot fire it often at all. It'll most likely fire the attack only once before it's dead (Assuming it's not a boss). Optionally, the attack could move slightly faster, fire more often but also not have as wide a range making dodging through it still the better option.

2: Limited power ups
Some power ups should be limited for when you can get them. Specifically, the extra bullet. That power up is, quite frankly, overpowered. It could be that you can only get it once you're at a certain weight. Maybe you need a high enough fire rate and it'll cost you three or so levels of fire rate to get an extra bullet. Whatever the case, it needs to be nerfed.

3: Melee attack
This would be a close-range attack that has a much lower fire rate but deals significantly more damage than the bullets do. The direction of the attack would, of course, be whatever direction your cursor is in. I'm not sure what the attack would look like. I'm just imagining some kind of spire that just bursts from the player and disappears again in, like, half a second. To use it, I'd say you'd press either the Space key or the Middle mouse button.

4: Damage power ups
We have fire rate and we have more bullets. How about how much damage each bullet does? Of course, for balancing purposes, the starting base damage would need to be lower (Especially if Suggestion 3 would be a thing).

5: Bullet speed power ups
This power up would increase how fast a bullet travels across the field. Faster bullets would be easier to aim with... Honestly, this one might have to be skipped. I mean, if you get a high enough fire rate with extra bullets but no speed at all, you could potentially create a barrier around yourself that no enemy could get through. So... Yeah, one would need to think real hard on this one.

6: Custom cursor (Again)
I don't know about you but, the cursor was still pretty hard for me to see. Mostly because it was red and would easily mix with the red background. It's also still pretty small. How about an options menu where the player can customize their cursor? It wouldn't be much, just the size and it's colour.

7: Endless mode
It kinda bums me out when I beat that tenth wave and the game tells me that I won. I don't wanna win, I wanna keep going. So, how about a mode where the game just keeps going? Wave after wave, no end in sight, game gets progressively harder until eventually it's too much for the player to handle... Either that or too much for their computer to handle and the game crashes ^_^ .
TheFetishBeast
Participator

Postby RSBH » Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:34 am

TheFetishBeast wrote:Took me long enough to try out the latest version where you literally added every single suggestion that I made. Honestly, I wasn't expecting that... It feels good.

Anyway, the game's coming along nicely but it seems imbalanced. It's fun, a lot of fun, really, but it's a little too easy. I beat it on my first try and only took a few hits. I was brought down to 1 HP at one point but that was me being careless, not having upgraded my health and it was fixed as soon as I leveled up. My biggest concern is that I didn't use the dodge function even once. So, here's a few more suggestions from me. Now, keep in mind, these are just suggestions, these are just things that I would like to see, it's entirely up to you whether or not you want them in the game.

1: Enemy with a wide-range attack
This would be a brand new enemy. This enemy has an attack that is so wide that it's almost impossible to step to the side of it. Instead, you'd be better off dodging through it. The attack may be wide but it moves very slowly and the enemy cannot fire it often at all. It'll most likely fire the attack only once before it's dead (Assuming it's not a boss). Optionally, the attack could move slightly faster, fire more often but also not have as wide a range making dodging through it still the better option.

2: Limited power ups
Some power ups should be limited for when you can get them. Specifically, the extra bullet. That power up is, quite frankly, overpowered. It could be that you can only get it once you're at a certain weight. Maybe you need a high enough fire rate and it'll cost you three or so levels of fire rate to get an extra bullet. Whatever the case, it needs to be nerfed.

3: Melee attack
This would be a close-range attack that has a much lower fire rate but deals significantly more damage than the bullets do. The direction of the attack would, of course, be whatever direction your cursor is in. I'm not sure what the attack would look like. I'm just imagining some kind of spire that just bursts from the player and disappears again in, like, half a second. To use it, I'd say you'd press either the Space key or the Middle mouse button.

4: Damage power ups
We have fire rate and we have more bullets. How about how much damage each bullet does? Of course, for balancing purposes, the starting base damage would need to be lower (Especially if Suggestion 3 would be a thing).

5: Bullet speed power ups
This power up would increase how fast a bullet travels across the field. Faster bullets would be easier to aim with... Honestly, this one might have to be skipped. I mean, if you get a high enough fire rate with extra bullets but no speed at all, you could potentially create a barrier around yourself that no enemy could get through. So... Yeah, one would need to think real hard on this one.

6: Custom cursor (Again)
I don't know about you but, the cursor was still pretty hard for me to see. Mostly because it was red and would easily mix with the red background. It's also still pretty small. How about an options menu where the player can customize their cursor? It wouldn't be much, just the size and it's colour.

7: Endless mode
It kinda bums me out when I beat that tenth wave and the game tells me that I won. I don't wanna win, I wanna keep going. So, how about a mode where the game just keeps going? Wave after wave, no end in sight, game gets progressively harder until eventually it's too much for the player to handle... Either that or too much for their computer to handle and the game crashes ^_^ .

All great suggestions which can be added with time, atm this is just a short experience that I could later turn into a full fledged game and the challenge so far has been ok for most players. The cursor thing is an easy fix I can just turn the cursor white which should help it be more visible. The rest I'd have to see at a later date. For now I'll be working on animations etc and maybe more enemy types like charging enemies or that wave pattern you suggested. Everything's still early stages rn so depending on the support the project gets i can keep adding new stuff.
RSBH
Been posting for a bit

Postby RSBH » Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:53 pm

Added Boss enemy animations, now onto some menu art and other touches.
RSBH
Been posting for a bit

Postby CoinToast » Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:33 pm

I have some suggestions to give the game a bit more play time, if that's okay:

1- Changing background as higher levels are reached. This could give a sense of progression and story, and also be an excuse to increase the size of the arena which in turn allows for enemies with more exotic patterns to appear without cluttering the battlefield too much.

2- A power-up to increase bullet damage. I have seen this on other shooting games, so there could be something to it. It could work as an alternative to the multi-shot power up. Alternatively:

3- Two bullets in the same direction. This could also be an alternative to the multi-shot, instead of adding the increased damage power up.

4- Bestiary. Just a window with the enemy animations and a short description, including the PC.

5- Alternative objectives on certain levels, like destroying 4 static objects at the corners of the arena or defending an object at the center of it. Just for the sake of variety, and could also justify the presence of new enemy types who would be redundant in normal rounds like kamikaze enemies or slow, hard-hitting enemies.

6- Some small indicator that the dodge move finished recharging, like a beep or a quick flash.
CoinToast
Been posting for a bit

Postby RSBH » Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:17 pm

Menu.png
Menu

Gameplay.png
Gameplay

Made some adjustments to the game and added new UI and menu elements. Do check it out!
RSBH
Been posting for a bit

Postby zombiese » Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:06 pm

Solid game, really enjoyed it.
zombiese
Been posting for a bit

Postby RSBH » Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:53 am

Looking into what sort of music I can compose for the game. If you've played the game and have any suggestions may it be FL-studio tutorials or bits of music that might fit the game aesthetic do let me know. For now I'm thinking something with synths and guitars would fit the hell themed enemies and landscape.
RSBH
Been posting for a bit

Postby Traxiss » Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:54 am

Hey nice progress on your game. You've made some really good improvements from when you first started it. Adding animations, enemies and a better background. Solid! A suggestion, maybe for each level up you could do a random choice of either 2 or 3 upgrades so players don't keep picking and stacking just one? (at least I just stacked fire rate after getting spread shot) That might require some more upgrade options though. Nice work!
Traxiss
Been posting for a bit

Postby RSBH » Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:15 am

Added Music and Volume Sliders.
RSBH
Been posting for a bit

Postby RSBH » Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:01 am

Some big news: I have launched a Patreon! I'm trying to keep it simple and straightforward with just one tier. Check the page for more info!

It'll allow me to keep the lights on while I make this passion project and the people who are interested in following the game closely can be involved in the process while supporting me.

If you have the means to, I would greatly appreciate your support in pledging to the Patreon or getting the word out about it! I'm very excited and also kinda scared. (^._.^ )
RSBH
Been posting for a bit

Postby carlj » Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:10 am

Already part of it ^^
carlj
Participator

Postby RSBH » Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:17 am

carlj wrote:Already part of it ^^

Absolute mad lad! @_@
RSBH
Been posting for a bit

Re: Glut-Tonne Demon (Vore Twin Stick Shooter)

Postby Wolfcrux » Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:35 am

Any plans to make an android version later on?
Wolfcrux
Somewhat familiar

Postby RSBH » Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:51 pm

Wolfcrux wrote:Any plans to make an android version later on?

Probably not. Making it compatible for phones adds a lot of work, maybe linux and mac support can be added. That still seems doable (far as i know).
RSBH
Been posting for a bit

Postby TheEtherealKnight » Sat Jun 10, 2023 1:15 am

This is a great foundation! I look forward to seeing where you might go with this.

My suggestion: something like a "soul" system, where devouring different kinds or combinations of enemies influenced weapon type. It could add variety to the upgrades. Or even body types, leaning into different weight or demon aspects.
TheEtherealKnight
New to the forum

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game