Voraria: Second Course (Terraria Vore Mod...Again)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Voraria: Second Course (Terraria Vore Mod...Again)

Postby TheSignPainter » Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:14 am

hi!
I’m Thomas
you might know me as the pixelated Sign Painter here

so there’s this mod for Terraria called Voraria that adds vore to the game (link to original mod). it's pretty neat! what's less neat is that the original creator for it, Maroy, disappeared into the ether 4-5 years ago and has not been seen in any real capacity since. so, naturally, I took up the mantle of bein’ the mod’s lead dev, soon realized I was in way over my head if I tried to port it, and decided to restart from scratch for the 1.4 transition

this is Voraria: Second Course, the new-and-potentially-improved vore mod for Terraria spearheaded by yours truly. it’s not all that much at the time of writin’, and I wholly acknowledge this is a really bad time for me to be makin' this thread (April Fool’s is a great day, isn’t it?), but I wanted to get this thread out of the way so people stop postin’ in the original thread that I can't do anything with and takin’ up my time as the new head of Voraria development
I promise you the actual mod isn't just a high-quality shitpost. not yet, at least

epic Q&A time because I’m sure people have a lot to ask

Q: Hey, that’s great and all, but what have you actually done so far?
A:
good question! currently, as of the latest actual beta, the mod has:
- pred functionality for players
- a (currently very rudimentary) pred stat and goal system unique to VSC which tries to neatly tie player pred progression into Terraria progression
- tum sprites! with unique variants for while airborne vs. while on the ground
- pred functionality for NPCs
--- each NPC has their own pred stats
--- only certain NPCs can be preds currently. list is as follows because it’s short enough to be said here:
----- Nurse
----- Arms Dealer
----- Stylist
----- Dryad
----- Mechanic
----- Party Girl
----- Steampunker
----- Empress of Light
- the ability for players, NPCs, and items to be eaten (projectile noms comin’ soon)
- a brand-not-so-new NPC who players of the OG Voraria might recognize: Lucinda, the Succubus
--- she’ll move into a house after you find her in the Underworld and free her (yes I know this is currently bugged)
--- she’s very hungry and insists she’s a top-tier pred, but her pred stats tell no lies
--- she likes the Ocean and generally likes meatier neighbors
- a SMALL configuration setup designed to be much less absurd and much easier to get the hang of compared to the OG Voraria's config, which was a nightmare to set up and honestly barely did anything anyway. take a look through it!

Q: Okay, but what do you plan to have? What will or won't you do for this mod?
A:
wouldn’t you like to know?

no, really. wouldn’t you? because it’s entirely too much to reasonably list here. which brings me to the next question

Q: Alright, enough of the bullshit. How can I get the current version of the mod and what all you have planned/are working on for the near and far future?
A:
join our funny Discord! you can download the mod there and you can also see all my plans! you can also chat with me and possibly get even MORE information about the mod’s future, since I don’t really have any qualms sharin’ anything that’s not a super big spoiler for something I wanna keep secret! transparency is awesome. aren’t I just the best?

I also might put a download mirror here once v1.0 is ready. we’ll see. Discord distribution tends to be easier, okay?
also, you’ll need to join there for me to troubleshoot your problems. this is an instruction
do not post your bug reports in this thread. post them in the VSC server’s dedicated bug reports forum or I will ignore them

there’s a guide on the VSC server on how to install the mod, as well as what dependencies are needed. please read them so I can keep what is left of my mind
I will not aid with installation if you post in this thread about it

Q: Wait, so why would you make this thread on April Fool’s and “release” a stupid shitpost version of the mod designed to emanate the vibe of the average bad slideshow-level vore video from 2012 in your mod's Discord server on the same day? You know nobody's gonna believe this is a legitimate thread now even if you inform them that it is, right?
A:
in my defense, it was funny

Q: Do you have any screenshots of the ACTUAL mod at play before I go downloading it?
A:
yes! have some screenshots. note that some might be from things that are currently in development for the next beta
Spoiler: show
Rose tummy + pred bars.png
this is Rose! she's my specially-made Highly Appreciated Tester(TM) that I made specifically for the purposes of testin' VSC! I feed her quite a lot; she gets really hungry. here she is after a snack, actin' as a showcase of the current player tum sprites*, the stomach capacity bar (bottom bar), and the stomachache meter (top bar)! the stomach capacity bar shows you how full your stomach is (yellow is prey that's still alive), while the stomachache meter is something you ought to keep from fillin' up if you wanna keep down your meals!

* - latest player tum sprites are only in the currently-WIP beta 4 for 1.0, player tum sprites in current beta will look different
Rose tummy + pred bars.png (2.85 KiB) Viewed 8344 times

Nurse and Mechanic tummies.png
NPCs can be preds, too! sometimes, they'll eat each other, and sometimes, they might eat you! you can also feed yourself to them, and when they eat, they get bloated bellies made with additional sheets* instead of simply throwin' a "universal" belly sprite onto the NPC in question! isn't that great?

* - this is also a big part of why pred functionalities are on an individual type basis outside of the shitpost April Fool's De-Release
Nurse and Mechanic tummies.png (2.81 KiB) Viewed 8344 times

Heiress of Light tum.png
[BETA 4 WIP] it's not just NPCs that'll be able to eat things, either --- a work-in-progress feature is the ability for certain pets and other projectiles to also chow down on nearby things they find appetizing, such as the Heiress of Light, which is what I've decided to name the Jewel of Light's fairy princess pet! she'll hunt down and eat anything that's shiny and/or sparkly enough for her tastes, as well as other fairies and other royalty* to add to her waistline as the Hallow's empress-to-be!

* - may not include all royalty
Heiress of Light tum.png (5.74 KiB) Viewed 8344 times

Lucinda with tum.png
a "new" NPC, Lucinda the Succubus, who old Voraria players might recognize! of course, she'll also snack on nearby townsfolk (namely the ladies), as well as you (if you hang around her long enough)
Lucinda with tum.png (2.6 KiB) Viewed 8344 times

that's it
that's the post
bye
Last edited by TheSignPainter on Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Sincerely, the Sign Painter
TheSignPainter
Somewhat familiar

Re: Voraria: Second Course (Terraria Vore Mod...Again)

Postby Egads » Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:28 am

Finally, Terraria vore mod 2

That aside, great work on the mod! :gulp:
What is vore? Baby don't- wait wrong song.
Egads
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Skyler9001 » Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:42 pm

Terraria vore 2.0, interesting. I look forwards to seeing what you'll do with the mod!
Skyler9001
New to the forum

Postby Turbotowns » Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:06 pm

Hyped! Especially that adorable fairy pet!
Turbotowns
???

Postby FishyTheEel » Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:36 am

Please don't tell me this was just an April fools post
FishyTheEel
New to the forum

Postby TheSignPainter » Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:01 am

FishyTheEel wrote:Please don't tell me this was just an April fools post

it's not! the mod is real
I just thought it'd be funny to post the thread on April Fool's and see what people thought as a result of that
TheSignPainter
Somewhat familiar

Postby Arecan » Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:36 am

Looking forward to it. Also, will there be shrinking content?
Arecan
Been posting for a bit

Postby FishyTheEel » Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:00 pm

TheSignPainter wrote:
FishyTheEel wrote:Please don't tell me this was just an April fools post

it's not! the mod is real
I just thought it'd be funny to post the thread on April Fool's and see what people thought as a result of that

Awesome! I'll be happy to give it a try when you have a working version.
FishyTheEel
New to the forum

Postby Lackey2 » Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:08 pm

Well, I'm certainly going to keep an eye on this. Best of luck!
Lackey2
Somewhat familiar

Postby grz01 » Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:14 pm

Dunno if I'm being stupid but with this new version the bellies I get look like https://gyazo.com/bdf4804d68f1f0b07017cd631070b84e - am I missing here please?
grz01
Somewhat familiar

Postby theonlymatt » Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:28 pm

Someone made a suggestion in the original mod of adding the disposal function to create poop blocks. But it seems it was abandoned by the. Would that be possible for this version?
theonlymatt
Somewhat familiar

Postby Turbotowns » Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:44 pm

grz01 wrote:Dunno if I'm being stupid but with this new version the bellies I get look like https://gyazo.com/bdf4804d68f1f0b07017cd631070b84e - am I missing here please?

The latest "release" is an april fool's de-release(Did the guide eat you on world spawn?). Download the beta3 version.
Turbotowns
???

Postby TheSignPainter » Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:53 pm

Arecan wrote:Looking forward to it. Also, will there be shrinking content?

I'm not sure to what context exactly this refers, so I'll cover a few bases here
- shrinkin' NPCs is a possible thing, but I can't think of a good reason to add it as something that's properly focused on when the point of the mod is the big gurgly tummies that go grgl
- changin' player size is a nightmare and is not something I want to spend 5 years rippin' open and near-rewritin' the game to make sensible to do

theonlymatt wrote:Someone made a suggestion in the original mod of adding the disposal function to create poop blocks. But it seems it was abandoned by the. Would that be possible for this version?

disposal is very much Not My Thing:tm:, and I am the lead-and-currently-only VSC dev, so do with that information what you will
TheSignPainter
Somewhat familiar

Postby Cinquint » Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:52 am

TheSignPainter wrote:disposal is very much Not My Thing™, and I am the lead-and-currently-only VSC dev, so do with that information what you will

Great, have it on my desk by tomorrow morning. Thanks.
One of these days, that fish is gonna get what's comin' to 'im.
Cinquint
???

Postby neko1992 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:31 pm

this is more of a long term slowly over time suggestion. if monsters get the ability to nom I'd prefer if they got converted into monster girls instead. I already know this would require custom sprites for all creatures so I don't expect it to actually get done but still would be nice.
neko1992
Been posting for a bit

Postby Scoutboy25 » Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:35 am

Welp, now I have to actually play the game instead of just downloading a completed map with all the npc's if I want to have the succubus. Eh, I'm fine with that. Gives me a reason to after all.
A single random brony from like 2010, uses Eka's for games and made an account to share opinions and ask questions. Ask me nothing.
Scoutboy25
Been posting for a bit

Postby xing » Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:21 am

I've found an issue where pred doesn't digest when swallowing other NPCs. Is it a bug or other mod conflicts
xing
Been posting for a bit

Postby Turbotowns » Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:11 pm

xing wrote:I've found an issue where pred doesn't digest when swallowing other NPCs. Is it a bug or other mod conflicts

You mean the prey never dies? Who was the pred in this instance, and who/what was the prey?
Turbotowns
???

Postby LoneRanger2420 » Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:30 pm

I knew if I held out hope long enough (3 years :cry: ), then Voraria would eventually return! Glad to see a new developer under the mantle finally.
LoneRanger2420
New to the forum

Postby Gillsley » Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:55 pm

Magnificent! Absolutely magnificent! You, sir, are a legend! Thank you sincerely for this!!
Gillsley
New to the forum

Return to Vore game