Barbftr update, progress and flash tutorial (2014-02-17)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Barbftr update, progress and flash tutorial (2014-02-17)

Postby ImaginaryZ » Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:39 pm

Hi (2014-02-17)

Updated barbftr:

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/12732662/
http://imaginaryz.deviantart.com/art/Ba ... -191550156

But you should go play the superior Alsnapz mod:
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/8840199/

And you should make monsters using the monster maker .fla
http://www.4shared.com/zip/cixatCQcba/B ... ition.html
http://aryion.com/content/imaginaryzs-junk

Watch a complete flash tutorial on how to:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... YKbVstThTd
The Quick n Dirty how to use flash part is 05 part 5

Make stuff.

Project is now officially BarbftrRX8

http://imaginaryz.deviantart.com/
http://imaginaryzvore.blogspot.com/2012 ... gress.html
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/imaginaryz/

DON'T forget to check out alsnapz's awesome mod: http://www.furaffinity.net/full/6737499/

AND the Version 2 (I am so shamed XD): http://www.furaffinity.net/view/7401202/

This is the year I finish things. I'm going to finish this cursed game out. Progress will be mainly displayed on DA, but the final release will be spread across FA, DA, and Eka's. Source will be made available on Eka's as well.
If you have suggestions for:
[list=]Plot
Monsters
Vore Types
Main Character Changes / Alternate Characters
Weapons[/list]
Post em' in this thread.

Again, check the DA page for progress updates.

IGNORE BELOW THIS LINE

I have reviewed the comments, and this is the current
TODO list:
    Stop copying peoples work without permission & give credit where it is due
    [DONE] Provide support for reduced/obscure keyboards (laptops)
    [DONE] Enable game statistics display
    Indicate which enemies are in progress and/or not working yet
    Improve actual game mechanics
    Add multiple landscapes and something to do besides fight
    Add more characters, prefer local ones
    Add more variety to enemies (minotaur, not reptiles, ect...)
    Generate unique sprites (I'm sorry Barbarian II !)
    Request for completion
    Implement advanced features/sequel

No idea yet when I can get started on any of these things, but at least I'm going to keep track.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback!
Last edited by ImaginaryZ on Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:19 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Loving-Ultra-Cuddle-Soft-Vore aficionado;
Fur Affinity
Deviant Art
YouTube
Nothing worth doing is easy!
ImaginaryZ
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Hungry Dragon » Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:40 pm

Hey, nothing wrong with alot of reptilians, and especially dragons. *grin*
Hungry Dragon

Postby BradRepko » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:29 pm

The enemies should also have more actions too. If the game is actually going to have a point other than just watch Barb get digested by different creatures, then being eaten so easily is going to make the game all but impossible. But, designing basic enemy animation is a good idea, I just hope you plan on making this an actual game. Good job, though, in any case.
BradRepko
Advanced Vorarephile

You nailed it.

Postby ImaginaryZ » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:46 pm

Heh, yeah, barbftr.swf was a vore flash animation with a game excuse. However, it was a proof of concept for being able to make reasonably dynamic enemies in flash (I'd get into details but they are boring... maybe...)

Ideally, the "game" was supposed to have a maze like element with plenty of fodder enemies, some simple quest items and more polished fighting stuff. I thought about how the system works, and fundamentally it's not very useful.
However, I think a sequel/improvment to the game isn't a horrible idea. I figured, with the way this system works internally, an adaption that is initially focused on the fun part of the game, rather than the vore, could be useful. When I get farther with the project, I'll blab about it more.

Oh yeah, thanks for the compliment!

P.S. I dug through it's code, apparently I had it so you could force the creature you were fighting to attack with the wasdf keys...
Fur Affinity
Deviant Art
YouTube
ImaginaryZ
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby dezzykitsune » Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:11 am

Yeah that is true Z though the unfinish project was well, a test anyways...I'm a gamer myself an fumbled with Rpg Maker often some years ago but that's another story. All I could say if you decide to revamp the game and finish the project is to fix the controls so you don't have to stop to attack which is preety hard to deal with in some of the monsters like Dark Dragon and the Adult Chinese dragon which ends you in the belly very quickly. Maybe add in a few spells to incease endurance for the character not to lose health very quickly and pleases the voraphile fanatics...also a few spells to add along with it and variety of predators
dezzykitsune
Artist

Uploading new versions is tricky

Postby ImaginaryZ » Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:48 pm

Ok, I fixed a few simple things.

Provide support for reduced/obscure keyboards (laptops)
Enable game statistics display

Aside from that, I cleaned up the comments and looked at how this thing works. It's anchient, so it's hard to read, but I added one non-technical detail.
Instead of just taking hits, If you aren't moving, you will automatically defend (damage/2). If you press up or down and don't move left or right, you can change which area you defend. This will take a while to go through and fix the crud, but it does prevent you from being so vulnerable. At least, just with the Saurosaur.
Oh yeah, I had Barb's high and low attacks set to 0. Whoops.
Cleaned up the interface and added a log setup, not useful or neat yet, but it will be later.

I don't think I uploaded it correctly either.
Turns out, you DO have to upload the new one and delete the old one, but it destroys all of your comments! Next time I'll save them cause a lot of them had really useful ideas.
Sorry again, but now I know what to do for next time.
Fur Affinity
Deviant Art
YouTube
ImaginaryZ
Intermediate Vorarephile

holy cow the code needs a re-do

Postby ImaginaryZ » Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:27 pm

I've looked over the code in barbftr.swf, and it makes me sick. Figuring it's a pretty old project, I can excuse it cause of decent animation but it finally pushed me over the edge. With consistent trends in comments (glitches), I've started a "sequel" to barbftr. As the sequel stands now, it's a fun game, but I havent implemented any vore elements. Once I add at least 3, I'll post it in my album, but until then i'll keep it on my website. The project is named "Farina - Fast Interactive Adventure" and I can easily import the old barbftr characters into it. This time, that Dark Dragon WILL be beatable. (Which means, I got lucky and killed it at least once = beatable)
This probably means I'll stop working on barbftr.swf altogether, but I'd be happy to put source somewhere so anyone who wants to add more stuff or maybe fix glitches is welcome to it. Just let me know. (That offer applies to ALL my junk)
Fur Affinity
Deviant Art
YouTube
ImaginaryZ
Intermediate Vorarephile

Barb game

Postby Rogue » Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:53 am

playing this, I think that it has great potential. If you put a little more work into it, instead of going a little into it and moveing to another, I think that this will be a big hit. one idea, increase the performance speed, check sound actions, and maybe add a little music.

If youd like some help, I can help, but only if you want. [email protected] <-- maily's! :D
Rogue

Postby kan » Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:16 pm

I've killed the Dark Dragon a lot of times withouth clicking the restore life button but the chamaleon, the worm-head alien and some other thingy need a way to scape from their bellies because if they eat you, you can't scape, or is it something that you want :P ? lol.
kan
Participator

Sure. I'd love some help!

Postby ImaginaryZ » Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:24 am

If you put a little more work into it, instead of going a little into it and moving to another, I think that this will be a big hit.

Right on, Rogue. That's my eternal problem. I guess I should point out that I designed barbftr.swf with the intent of making it easy to add characters, thus allowing anyone to get the source and throw in all sorts of creatures. SO,

If anyone wants to repair animations or add characters, let me know and I'll throw you the .fla (This offer applies to anything I make, by the way.)

One little catch: Although I own a copy of Flash 5, I don't legally own 6, MX, 7 or 8. I do have them, but found no reason to buy them since they still haven't fixed the shape tweening glitches. So, if you edit the .fla, let me know wich version to use... cause then anyone else will have to have the same version... (In other words, use 5 only please. I can also send you a demo version + crack)

PM or email me at: [email protected] , or use Gaim/Trillian and IM me.
Fur Affinity
Deviant Art
YouTube
ImaginaryZ
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Sure. I'd love some help!

Postby unknown user » Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:36 am

i really really want to paly the finished version please make it happen :mrgreen: :D
unknown user

Postby ImaginaryZ » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:56 am

I love this comment, unknown_user:
"not comment but request you must take everyones comments into effect please this game must be finished"
Can't get more straghtforward than that. :P
ROFL , alright, but first I have some other things I'm working on, you might be surprized to know I was working on it a little ways back, and I greatly improved the mechanics (bwa ha ha!)
Just wish I had someone in proximity to work with this stuff on. But wait! That's what the internet is a poor substitute for:
The new version of barbftr has a greatly improved system, and once I tweak out the animation details I'll post the specs for anyone to make their own characters.
Fur Affinity
Deviant Art
YouTube
ImaginaryZ
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re:

Postby dravus » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:26 pm

I just have one little request.....it's not additions or anything......it's just to fix the two character's Athelind and Thirsha

apart from that....I request nohing more ^^

good luck with the game all the same
dravus
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re:

Postby unknown user » Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:00 am

thankz z :D
unknown user

Re:

Postby unknown user » Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:03 am

i can't wait for it to be finished :mrgreen:
unknown user

Re:

Postby unknown uesr » Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:17 am

is it finished yet? :?
unknown uesr

The easiest and the hardest thing to say is no

Postby ImaginaryZ » Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:00 pm

*generic sweat drop* No...
I just got back yesterday, but my long lost friend also did, so we have catching up to do. If I could, i would give estimates, but I can't. Read my blog entry... (oh yeah, sorry about not having it finished. Believe me , if you were physically close enough to me it would get done fast.) Peace out, and don't stress! IM me if you would rather recieve up-to-the-minute updates.
Fur Affinity
Deviant Art
YouTube
ImaginaryZ
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: The easiest and the hardest thing to say is no

Postby dravus » Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:29 am

Take your time dude

you can't rush games

just take your time......and I agree with you wholeheartedly......Friends and Family come first and Vore is the last priority

don't you worry about all us.....We CAN wait....and I don't wanna hear any moaning from people on that

You do what you have to do Z......the game can wait
dravus
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby MaxTwenty » Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:11 pm

*mooooan*

But I want it nooowwww!

( :mrgreen: )
MaxTwenty
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby unknown uesr » Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:14 am

u should put guilmon ,renamon and a human gril naga and ekans slug blob and lots of other creatures that vore beasts
unknown uesr

Next

Return to Vore game