Morphicon?

Talk about group gatherings of any kind that are relevant to our community!
Forum rules
Talk about group gatherings of any kind that are relevant to our community! This is not for individual meetings. Group only. Find another site if you are looking for a hook up. This site does not accept personal hook up.

Morphicon?

Postby Dawnbringer... » Wed May 10, 2006 9:21 am

Hey, did anyone go to this thing? Apparently the 'Food Chain' was the main theme. One of the special guests was Bill Holbrook, the writer of the very vorish comic Kevin and Kell. Did anyone check this thing out? How was it and what did the rest of us miss?
Dawnbringer...

Re: Morphicon?

Postby Eka » Wed May 10, 2006 9:58 am

yup we do, we have a forum for people to hook up in convention too
check this out
http://aryion.com/modules.php?name=Foru ... pic&t=1350
Eka
Administrator

Postby nobodysville » Wed May 10, 2006 10:21 am

Check out my last blog entry for a full run-down of everything I experienced there. It was a blast.
"No offence, but do you have something against me? ...stop always trying to put me down for no reason please."
nobodysville
alcoholic, chain-smoking punk-ass

Re:

Postby Rodent » Wed May 10, 2006 2:25 pm

I managed to make it this year, pretty much a final hour decision; taking the 8 hour drive with 2 other friends and fellow vores.

It was a great con. The small size surprisingly not a deterrent. I'm not sure what the final attendance number was (250 - 300?), but that didn't stop the diversity of events from having something for everyone.

Besides the 2 main vore panels, I had attended the other predator/prey related panels taht were being held. While the turnout for these was quite small, there were some interesting conversations that took place. It is always nice to be able to hear people give their point-of-views on the various predator/prey issues.

Interesting side note: While most of the panel events had about 10 or fewer people attend, the vore panels had the most (over 20) of any of the other panel events at the con. Unfortunately, the vore panels were stuck in the smallest of the rooms, with more than half of the people either standing or sitting on the floor.

What struck me as most interesting, is that nobody seemed to complain about it. There is such a casual, friendly atmosphere among vorarephiles at these cons, that they took it all in stride, looking to instead just have a fun time. The panels that were in the larger rooms, with the chairs laid out like a classroom, had a much more structured, intimidating feel to them.

Besides the con events, some friends and I also took a trip to the nearby Science Center as well as the zoo. With the weather sunny and 70 degrees, it was a beautiful weekend to get out of the hotel.

My only main regret is that the vore panels were held late Saturday evening. While good for the panels, there were a number of people I met there for the first time, not knowing they were vores beforehand. Using Sunday for the trip to the zoo, there was never any chance to sit and talk with these people, to get to know them. So, while I got to meet a number of fellow vores for the first time, it was mostly in passing (It's amazing how quickly people can disperse and vanish, even at a small con such as this).

Hopefully the next time there's a vore panel, it will be in a larger room, with no events taking place afterwards. Once the panels were over, I am sure a lot of people would have liked to continue sitting around talking, but had to clear out for the next event. I guess one draw-back for having so many events, is that there were never any extended periods where a room was empty long enough for people to lounge around and chat.

I was disappointed by the size of the artist's alley/dealer's room, though it did save me a lot of money by not finding things to spend it on. I have a horrible time coming up with ideas for commissioning any artwork of my character, so despite how talented the artists there were, there was nothing for me to request. And being more of a vore than a furry, $30 for bunny-cuffs may have been a fair price, but not quite the same fetish I prefer to spend my money on. ;)

I'd like to thank Sharky and Digit for running the first vore panel, and Anima for running the second one. With so many people in the room, they did a wonderful job at keeping things on track. The discussions could have easily gone on for another hour.

A couple of people who showed up early on admitted to being there out of curiousity towards vore, and were not practicing vores themselves. I hope they went away with an understanding that we're not all psychotic deviants and in fact can simply be a lot of fun. They stayed for both of the panels, so I guess it's a good sign when they didn't run away screaming.

Rodent
Rodent
The Rat

Postby Silky » Wed May 10, 2006 6:40 pm

I attended the con (had a blast!) but to my disappointment couldn't attend either vore panel because I was in the FVS practice. :? Seems like this happens every year. One panel was moved from Friday to Saturday, eliminating my attending it. Oh well. At least I have this site....
Silky
Somewhat familiar

Postby nobodysville » Wed May 10, 2006 10:24 pm

Wow, Rodent, you're right - I had no idea you were there, and I was at both the vore panels! A little more time to chat with all the cool people in there would've been nice, for sure. I also wish the Dealer's Den was bigger - I had a ton of money I'd saved mainly for t-shirts and stickers, and no one was selling any of that! Ended up falling back on my usual dough-wasting method: went into town and blew it on CDs.
"No offence, but do you have something against me? ...stop always trying to put me down for no reason please."
nobodysville
alcoholic, chain-smoking punk-ass

Postby Vale » Wed May 10, 2006 11:17 pm

nobodysville wrote:Wow, Rodent, you're right - I had no idea you were there, and I was at both the vore panels! A little more time to chat with all the cool people in there would've been nice, for sure. I also wish the Dealer's Den was bigger - I had a ton of money I'd saved mainly for t-shirts and stickers, and no one was selling any of that! Ended up falling back on my usual dough-wasting method: went into town and blew it on CDs.
LOL

Next year i'll be there on time. I'll force you to spend your money on me instead. XD
Vale
Been posting for a bit

Re:

Postby the_Wolf » Fri May 12, 2006 5:14 am

Really wish I could have gone to this, still haven't been able to get out to a con at all and this would have been the perfect one. Sounds like it was a blast. Would love to see the PP file of the presentation from the panel sometime if Sharky or Digit still have it.

the Wolf
the_Wolf
Accept no substitutes.

Re:

Postby Umiriko » Sat May 13, 2006 1:36 pm

*sniff sniff* dam it i wanan go to one of these :(, have to get planning and saving
Umiriko
Most Talkative Dragon, ever

Re:

Postby Rodent » Sat May 13, 2006 10:20 pm

Don't worry, Umiriko. You'll get the chance to go, and it will be just as good, if not better. Every year, these cons are growing larger in size, as it is with the vore community as well. And with that growth in size, there are more people contributing to making these cons better and better. I look forward to the day you're able to make it.

The same goes for you, Wolf. Though I don't know when or if I'll make it to a west-coast convention, if you ever make it to one in the mid-west or east-coast, I look forward to finally meeting you in person. I'm sure you'd have a great time at one of these conventions.
Rodent
The Rat

Re:

Postby Umiriko » Sun May 14, 2006 5:36 am

well if anyone heres of anything in england please give me a holler i would love to be able to attend one. either i wait here until it comes, or i evently move out of the country which is a plan in progess and hopfuly get one where i go toa
Umiriko

Postby Silky » Sun May 14, 2006 9:49 pm

Silky
Somewhat familiar

Re:

Postby Umiriko » Tue May 16, 2006 1:27 am

dude ^^ thanks il look into those right away, thanks for the heads up
Umiriko

Re:

Postby Animakitty » Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:01 pm

I'll be at Morphicon this year as well, though there aren't any vore panels planned. Instead, (apparently; I just learned this last week) I'll be supervising the
ATOMIC BATTLE OF DOOM.

It's a free-for-all with Nerf guns and foam swords/axes/clubs. I'll be providing a good chunk of the armory as well as setting up games and making sure the battle doesn't spill out into the halls and overwhelm the con. (Either that, or I'll be leading the battle out into the halls to overwhelm the con. We'll see.)

I haven't been in touch with Digit or anyone else really, so I've no idea who else will be showing up from the vore community.

If you can comfortably make it to the con, I suggest you do so. It's a relaxed, small, intimate convention with the most free food I've ever seen at a con. The dealer's den is small, it's true, but it does attract some names you'll recognize. P. Moss, Mary Mouse, BushyKat, and Jim Groat have all been there before. The Dragon Girl and Growly Genet have attended the last couple years, but I haven't heard about their plans for this year.
Animakitty
Been posting for a bit

Return to Conventions connection