Anyone going to Otakon 2006?

Talk about group gatherings of any kind that are relevant to our community!
Forum rules
Talk about group gatherings of any kind that are relevant to our community! This is not for individual meetings. Group only. Find another site if you are looking for a hook up. This site does not accept personal hook up.

Anyone going to Otakon 2006?

Postby pphunk00 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:01 pm

I'm debating as we speak... On the one hand, I don't know if I'm enough of an anime fan to shell out $60, but on the the hand, it's walking distance to my rowhouse.

Any fans out there who have stories from years' past? Anyone going this year?

P-Funk
pphunk00
New to the forum

Re: Anyone going to Otakon 2006?

Postby WHTB » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:45 am

I've been going for the last three years, but not this time. I have run into other vore fans there, but only in the most unlikely of circumstances.
WHTB
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby MaxTwenty » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:54 am

I'd be there in a second if I had some idea where it was... Ces't la vie.
MaxTwenty
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Saiai » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:54 pm

This'll be my fourth year, and it's in Baltimore, Maryland, Max.

www.otakon.com

Anyway... yeah, too many stories to recall. The people are fun, it's really easy to talk to almost anyone (esp. those in costume.) Stories from years past, though?

One guy I met was getting his con money back by telling the most awful con story ever for two bucks a pop. I can't remember much, but it was about somewhere in the southern U.S., a small animecon and a Baptist Revival were sharing the same hotel on the same weekend. So one dude, cosplaying as a demon from SOME series, happened to get on the elevator, and a few floors later, this little old lady gets on as well. The guy asks, "Going down?"

According to the story, the old lady was found out to have had a heart attack right after he'd left her. It's probably an urban legend, but it was hilarious. Or maybe it's just another episode of you had to be there theatre. 8O

But yeah, sixty bucks to get in is next to nothing - I'm spending a few hundred, because I need hotels. I'd say its worth it, but you'd have to see for yourself. :D
Saiai
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Jurodan » Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:56 pm

Oh god was it fun. Anyone who goes has to cosplay. There's just nothing better than going dressed up as someone and acting in character. I cosplayed a villain, Buggy the Clown, so I was calling out most of the Luffy's I saw. Adding to that when I got into the Ninja vs. Pirate fight (Buggy is a Pirate clown), I said, "Why do I feel like I'm surrounded by foreheads?" when I was surrounded by Sakura cosplayers. I also called most of the Ed's I met short. It was fun as all hell!
Busy giving humanity a bad rep.
Jurodan
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Guest Dude » Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:14 pm

heheh, man I love One Piece, But I'm also a huge Naruto fan! I wish I were you at that moment in time, Jurodan.heheheh, oh man!
Guest Dude

Postby Jurodan » Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:20 am

That went over real well, with me fleeing down a staircase with about five of them (including one guy dressed up as Sakura... *shiver* I hate Sailor Beefcakes) shouting at me.
Busy giving humanity a bad rep.
Jurodan
Advanced Vorarephile

Return to Conventions connection