vore conventions

Talk about group gatherings of any kind that are relevant to our community!
Forum rules
Talk about group gatherings of any kind that are relevant to our community! This is not for individual meetings. Group only. Find another site if you are looking for a hook up. This site does not accept personal hook up.

would you attend a convention for vore?

Poll ended at Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:51 pm

yes
41%
no
33%
maybe
26%

Total votes : 80

vore conventions

Postby vore_seeker » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:51 pm

wondering about conventions focused more on just vore.
vore_seeker
Participator

Re: vore conventions

Postby LittleAnna » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:32 pm

Yes pleas. but i'm wondering what are these conversions going to look like?
Maybe a bit like those leather/rubber fetish conversation, with toys and stuff, something alone those lines.
LittleAnna
New to the forum

Postby Surge » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:12 pm

Doubtful. This fandom has a lot of people I don't think I want to encounter in person.
Surge
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby PonyThroat » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:35 pm

You would have to consider what a convention centered on one fetish would entail. Would there be a separate area for more nsfw vore, or would the whole thing be considered nsfw? Then what would the panels be like? Recognized artists, writers, animators? Perhaps special guests like from vore heavy shows like Attack On Titan?

Then there's the different type of vore tastes people would have. I'm sure there are those who are into one form of vore wouldn't enjoy being near another who is in another that they despise. I talk to people with different tastes, so that doesn't bother me.

So yeah, there is a lot of factors to consider besides interests and openness. I myself would love to hang with people with my specific tastes, I know I do when I happen to run into voraphiles at different cons. Your best bet is a vore panel at a general con, than a whole vore con.
PonyThroat
Should be painting....

Postby Humbug » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:21 pm

Even though I identify with the vore community more than the furry community, I'm still going to say no, for many of the reasons PonyThroat listed.

Like, I look at the forums here for a laugh, but if I had to meet some of the people who create and respond to the topics on the Eka's Portal forums, I'd feel really uncomfortable and awkward. I think the people here are innocent enough, but there's a lot of creepiness going around, and if not creepiness, at least general social awkwardness. I know the furry community has its share of that, but I've seen more here on Eka's than on FA.

Besides all that, though, there just isn't that much connecting vore people on a deeper level. "Oh hey. I jack off to people eating each other too."
Furries, at least, have a sort of community, lingo, and general common bond. They've got the "innocence and acceptance" thing going on for them, which, while I'm not exactly innocent and I don't like the huggy-feely stuff furries do, I appreciate the hell out of the acceptance. The vore community, again as PonyThroat pointed out, is very fractured. We can't agree nigh-universally on anything, unlike furries who, at the very least, can all agree they generally like animals in some fashion or another.

I guess if someone tried it out and it actually really wound up working well, I'd consider myself proven wrong and I'd give it a try, but the way I've come to understand the community, I don't think it would work.
Humbug
---

Postby NekuTheEmo » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:53 pm

If this existed I'd come looking exactly like I do here. Red shirt, Blue jeans and A box..On my head. >.>
NekuTheEmo
Participator

Postby SeruOmen » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:14 pm

Maybe. I kind of feel a lot of the people that would go would be a tad too sensitive to handle me in person.
Dry Erase Kitty- where else can you find feline zombie computer viruses and inbred demon kittens?
http://dryerasekitty.thecomicseries.com/comics/
SeruOmen
I like sword

Postby Schpadoinkle » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:19 am

Absolutely not. It's a fetish, not a fandom, and should be kept out of the public eye.
Schpadoinkle
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby max123 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:51 am

People should wear masks before we head to the convention if they scared of their identify begin know
max123
Heavy user

Postby Ka-Atis » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:44 pm

Voted maybe. Depends on what the theme will be. Vore can be so much.. Will there also be the stuff I'm interested in? What will the program consist of? Who'll organize this? What people will come?

Also, chances are pretty big it would be in the United States, which is very far away for me..

So yes, at the one hand 'vore convention' may mean - meeting people who share my interests in person, enjoying the entertainiment and having my fun, in gerenal having a great time. But at the other hand it may quite as well mean - sitting nine hours or more in a steel pipe without much sleep, spending 700+ dollars, just to end up with the most boring stuff ever, uhm, no thanks.. :P
Now I eat you!}- >:-(.. ____ D: -{no.. nooo..
Ka-Atis
yum, slurp, and/or drool

Postby NezumiNom » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:52 pm

Oh yeah, no, I personally don't think a true.vorareaphile's convention would be that practical. Sure, I'd love to meet others with similar interests, but at the same time, think it over. There's all matters of locations, costs, arranging panels. Would the guests be famous artists? Admins? Would you pay to rent a panel? I mean, it seems to awkward to explain when, setting one up, that you're going to or holding a convention for a paraphilia that is uncommon and not understood. Not to mention the community's own slight segregation. That would be a hella hassle to work around.
plus, I just kind of humorously imagine it would lead to everyone(or at least the ones who find it sexually arousing) just conversing with awkward erections and arousal, lol. Miiiight be a tad creepy.

BUT I am all for at least meeting some people in person. I mean, that would be cool, if some were going to a nearby con and just saying hi and 'nice to meet you, love your work' or something. Like, in example, I know I'll be attending one of the comic-con ones(most likely in Dallas or Tulsa, US). But as far as a legit con goes, I gotta agree with Ponythroat and Humbug. Too impractical, lol.
NezumiNom
Somewhat familiar

Postby nephilim » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:51 pm

Um. Maybe? I would be afraid of people rushing me @_@
600k views - Click the banner for the content mecca
Webcomic Coming Winter '24
Read The Story Behind the Comic
Vore-Kink. Size-Kink. Legend & Lore
nephilim
???

Postby 4ofSwords » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:13 am

nephilim wrote:Um. Maybe? I would be afraid of people rushing me @_@

Hah! I'd be more afraid of not being rushed. :)
4ofSwords
???

Return to Conventions connection