Gurglr - A site in need of attention

Talk about gatherings of any kind that are relevant to our community!

Gurglr - A site in need of attention

Postby THEDEMONWARLOCK » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:35 pm

I found this site a while back, I lurk and from time to time casually RP with someone.

Here's a link for those interested. https://gurglrvore.com

Anyways, the site is low on activity since many of the users abandoned it, but now due to only one person just posting a simple forum it seems to have gotten more users applying for, well, usage! So if you could possibly share this with your colleges than maybe it may become better yet, and some how along the way revived.

I suggest checking it out, because it houses predators and preys of all likeness! (Though in my opinion we really lack diversity mostly since nobody new shows up often...SO BE THAT ONE! YEAH!...I guess? ^^; )

(I'm just gonna keep this short and simple since I've never used a forum before....)
THEDEMONWARLOCK
New to the forum

Re: Gurglr - A site in need of attention

Postby Aleph-Null » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:28 pm

Why is this posted in convention connection?

And what are the advantages of Gutglr? I poked around the site, it seems to be an RP community, although like you said, there is hardly any activity. What advantages are there to using that site versus another? Why not RP here? especially considering the lack of participants there?
Aleph-Null
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby THEDEMONWARLOCK » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:15 am

Should I remove the post then?

Well currently at the time I'm sure many of them have gone to sleep, or got offline. Perhaps that is true, but another site that is trying to thrive shouldn't be discouraged, right? I'm simply trying to encourage others to survey the site and give their opinion, though I didn't say that in the forum... I'm not really sure why they don't let go and come here possibly since the mechanics there are easier to use and less cumbersome. What do I mean by that? You can create a private chat that follows you where ever you go on the site and you may respond to any messages within an instant. It features a block function as well, which I'm sure you know what that does. I'd like to think that the small community would cling to their site till the very end, and well that may be their fate...(Aren't I good at this? If I am to remove this, then where do you suggest I should post it instead of here? Because as stated I'm not really familiar with forums or anything like that.)]

Edit: Nevermind all of that I believe I have found the place, hopefully.. The general vore discussion
THEDEMONWARLOCK
New to the forum

Postby Aleph-Null » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:53 am

Yeah, general is probably a better sport. A mod can move it when they are on.

I didn't mean to suggest that users of other sites shouldn't advertise, what I mean to ask is what are the things that make people want to uses gurglr over other sites? What was the site created for, and what features support that specific use?

For example, some people prefer writing.com for creating interactive stories due to the moderation/administration features.

It seems that gurglr is chat RP focused, and there is some sort of RP rating system (vore score), but it is really difficult to understand how users are using the site from a glance at the link. Most forum posting is dead over there.
Aleph-Null
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby THEDEMONWARLOCK » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:00 am

That would be helpful.

Probably it's simple design, though starting out new is always hard usually.

I see, and yes that is valid.

Yeah I'm pretty sure that most of them decide to not use that system since it was out of the ordinary for an RP site, but I suppose that's a unique feature to it. Many of the users go offline at the same time, and some don't since they don't log off or just respond at all.
THEDEMONWARLOCK
New to the forum

Postby sweetladyamy » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:09 am

I've bookmarked it for sure; a bit weary with the hour to register (but will later)...

However...I'm not as much into the furry as I am into just being me; hairless me...I dunno...*YAAAAAAAAAAWWWNNN*

Pardon me...off to bed now...
Amyrakunejo, Princess of Purity

No, this is not okay...
sweetladyamy
Intermediate Vorarephile

Blog: View Blog (5)

Postby eatmeplease » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:11 am

It's not really dead, the Gurglr Telegram group is quite active. I'm not sure about the main site, I think most people just chat in the Telegram group.
eatmeplease
---

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby harek » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:31 am

It's a gimmick, simple as that. Basically, "Hey, what if we did like a social network with vore?" A very simple, small-scale one at that.

RP groups will always have a massive number of players looking for the next theme to try out before slowly growing bored.
harek
Somewhat familiar

Blog: View Blog (10)

Postby eatmeplease » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:38 am

I wouldn't call it a gimmick.
eatmeplease
---

Postby Bannor » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:33 pm

The site can be fun when there are a few people around that participate. To be honest, I've always been too intimidated to use the chat rooms here, but Gurglr is easy and welcoming - just not active enough. But it's a nice place to make new friends and find new bellies to digest in. :3
Bannor
???

Postby Jamjo » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:46 am

I'll definitely check this out later :D
Thanks for sharing, it might be fun
Jamjo
Somewhat familiar

Postby Liz » Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:03 pm

I had a look at it, good luck with it ^^

I found for most part the chatroom here or VH does the job :)
Liz
---

Blog: View Blog (263)

Postby Fabrja13 » Mon May 01, 2017 9:17 am

Is it only for furries and non-humans?
Fabrja13
Somewhat familiar

Return to Conventions connection