Needing ideas to start a convention...

Talk about group gatherings of any kind that are relevant to our community!
Forum rules
Talk about group gatherings of any kind that are relevant to our community! This is not for individual meetings. Group only. Find another site if you are looking for a hook up. This site does not accept personal hook up.

Needing ideas to start a convention...

Postby Sereno_Orenov » Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:27 am

When I'm off in Boseman, I'd be interested in helping the vore community start their own convention, if anyone has any suggestions. I myself could possibly find a place to host it, but ideas for what it should have would be a concern, really.

I feel I am taking an overly big step... But there isn't harm in trying, is there? What does the general public think?
Sereno_Orenov
Been posting for a bit

Re: Needing ideas to start a convention...

Postby Katojana » Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:09 am

nyaw well it's hard to do a convention. it costs lots of money and it will be a problem for some ppl to get there.
the next problem would be where to do. there are a lot of ppl who find vore disgusting. nyaw. p.p

well but I think such a con doesn't need very much program. a gamers room, a dining hall, a place for a camp fire hmnnnn well dunno XD
Katojana
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Umiriko » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:54 am

well i hold mini umi-cons for my close uk vore friends from time to time but i wanna make them huge country wide events someday, but i need to get money, planning, and well alot of other stuff ^^ il be happy if anyone wants to give ideas for what they would like at one
I now stream. Casual games with vorish discussion while hanging out with tasty treats. Would love to see you there sweetie <3
https://www.twitch.tv/umi_durg
Umiriko
Most Talkative Dragon, ever

Postby Kanosint » Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:03 am

Umi-Con... "It's as if there's a party in Umi's mouth, and everyone's invited :3"
Little Tiger, burning bright
With a subtle Blakeish light,
Tell what visions have their home
In those eyes of flame and chrome!
Kanosint
Chokkit Shmup Kitty

Postby Sereno_Orenov » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:20 pm

Well, I know of such people that find vore as a strange and sick thing, but they don't really care. And I doubt that anyone that started or made a Vor-Con would have anyone protesting... Are there protestors at Furr-Con? I never went to any convention of any kind, so this whole thing is new (to me). I got the idea from just surfin the net, and seeing conventions for alot of things, but none for the vore community. I understand that it would cost alot of money, and the troubles MANY people would have just to show up, but I think it would be fun. A place to hold it wouldn't be a problem, I don't think. But money and things to do would be.

Umi, you say you hold little conventions with your friends? Wanna help me out a bit? Maybe you know what yer talkin about.

And a campfire is a brilliant idea! S'mores rule! 8)

I'm thinking that there wouldn't be need for an actual "dining hall"... But video games, maybe. Anything else from anyone else?

Thank you Itachi for chipping in! And Umi, the offer stands, lemme know if you'd like to do that.
Sereno_Orenov
Been posting for a bit

Re:

Postby Lexifoxy » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:33 am

Personally I don't think there's enough voraphiles for that. It's a fetish con FFS!
Lexifoxy
--- ?

Re:

Postby Umiriko » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:01 am

well my ones are just little gatherings of my buddies, nothing too special and im a bit skint atm to do anything large unfortunetly, but im working on that, and when it gets larger it wont be anything like the big furr cons, just gatherings of fellow vores, say 20-40 would be ideal for me ^^, atm its about 5-10, but its a start
I now stream. Casual games with vorish discussion while hanging out with tasty treats. Would love to see you there sweetie <3
https://www.twitch.tv/umi_durg
Umiriko
Most Talkative Dragon, ever

Re:

Postby Sereno_Orenov » Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:05 pm

Yeah, I understand completely that there wouldn't be a whole lot of people at a "vore con" but still, it would be interesting. Everyone seems to somewhere have something for the furry thing, me less then most I believe, but the Fur-Con will always be bigger then almost any convention ever... Except the Death-Con. But who of us is a ninja or medieval knight? Really, I don't think anyone. Plus, pirates are cooler... Off subject. Sorry...
Sereno_Orenov
Been posting for a bit

Re:

Postby Ajax » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:57 pm

What I would do for one in my town. At least I can tell the people there and not in my school. Just can't imagine what they would say if I said I was a macrophilic vore enthusiast.
I'm gonna take where your body will lie
I'm gonna take you there she said
I'm gonna take you where you life will end
This curse I cast you Pumpkinhead
Ajax
???

Re:

Postby Lamnia » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:04 pm

Having ran a few conventions where I live I can give some ideas.

Step one is knowing your target audience, survey them, and test interest. To do that you need to know them and those who are not your target. I would not suggest setting a time until you know numbers and facilities.

First off be mindful of reactions of others. Those you're not marketing to first off.
Being the nature of VORE it can be confusing or well you might know...

The next is knowing your target audience. For the types of conventions I did it meant the Comic shops, gaming stores, and looking to college forums.

It takes a lot of organizing.
On costs, try to get as much for free, like convention space. Some started as student orgs at colleges. They were allowed free space at the campus.

The rest you have to find based off what your marketing and networking skills help at. Some actually start as part of another convention, breaking off when critical mass occurs. Your helpers who you recruit will give you insight and abilities you may not have yourself.

Good luck.
Lamnia
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re:

Postby KonataSandwich » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:39 pm

... I support the idea... But I think measures should be taken to stop word from spreading. After all there are some things better kept small. Most of those things end up with random people on the street giving you funny looks if you don't and something goes wrong...
KonataSandwich
Advanced Vorarephile

Re:

Postby freya » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:59 pm

what kind of things would we do at a vor-con anyway?
freya
Somewhat familiar

Re:

Postby KonataSandwich » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:11 pm

Good question... Have screenings of vore? Buy vore merchandise? Have pictures taken with famous voraphiles?
KonataSandwich
Advanced Vorarephile

Re:

Postby mole » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:10 am

Vore artists with booths and a cleverly disguised name for the convention like "V-Con" Okay, so maybe not so clever.
Can you dig it?
mole
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re:

Postby Gamera » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:16 am

We'd probably just end up standing around talking for most of it... Since we're all pretty geeky, there'd be games hooked up too most likely.

How far would everybody drive to a vore meeting type thing?
Gamera
Advanced Vorarephile

Re:

Postby freya » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:21 am

mole wrote:Vore artists with booths and a cleverly disguised name for the convention like "V-Con" Okay, so maybe not so clever.

it IS clever! because there aren't many people who even know what vore is!
freya
Somewhat familiar

Re:

Postby KonataSandwich » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:23 am

Gamera wrote:We'd probably just end up standing around talking for most of it... Since we're all pretty geeky, there'd be games hooked up too most likely.

How far would everybody drive to a vore meeting type thing?

Not far... It would have to be somewhere that everyone would gather naturally anyway... like those Youtube gatherings... Or say... a REALLY big anime convention?
KonataSandwich
Advanced Vorarephile

Re:

Postby Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:54 am

I'm not sure how I'd get to one, as I don't have a driver's license yet, and since money is tight for me, I doubt I could fly there. Anyway, it's an interesting idea. As to what we would do, I know a lot of people here that I'd love to meet IRL.
A link to a fun game I love playing: http://www.blankmediagames.com/TownOfSalem/

Be sure to say that ParaYumi refered you when you register for it. That's me.
Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus
???

Re:

Postby GiantToby » Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:11 pm

At the Anthrocon, there is usually a get-together or vore folk. I've only been to one, alas- the 1999 meeting at Valley Forge, which was also the year they began. Notices and arrangements are made through the big-gulp message board, generally.
wotthehell wotthehell
GiantToby
Participator

Return to Conventions connection