How is this any different than SAFE vore?

Everything about Endosomatophilia! For more information, inquires within (or check the wiki)

How is this any different than SAFE vore?

Postby N-Mario » Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:10 pm

I just realized what this word means after looking it up. So maybe, this should be me instead?
I say this because I absolutely LOVE the idea of being inside all of my favorite predator(s) without any harm! I have recently constructed a short sprite comic of me getting eaten by my sexy, robot dolphin boi! Honestly, I would LOVE to have a life size plush toy of him that I can snuggle myself inside of itself! :D :gulp:

It's like that one bible story of Jonah being sent inside the whale for a few days. But instead of being thrown out of the whale after, the said person in question (whether its a retold, made up Jonah, Pinocchio, or just an OC being swallowed) would prefer to be kept inside it.

But I have to ask this question. How is this any different than what SAFE vore does? Or is it basically the same thing, we just use a different word to describe ourselves?

From what I learned, endosoma is Greek, LITERALLY meaning 'Inside/within' and 'body'. While SAFE vore is being eaten/swallowed whole without any fatal consequences. So if we use endosomatophilia instead of 'safe vore', then that would mean you could be anywhere else in the body? While safe vore sounds like it would be strictly being held safe inside the belly? Or can safe vore be used just the same as in being an endosomatophilia?
I'm a dolphin that prefers devouring my best buddy.
He loves to be eaten by me. I don't mind that at all.
N-Mario
---

Re: How is this any different than SAFE vore?

Postby WolfieBoy » Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:20 pm

I think this is a situation where the two are not mutually exclusive, but one is just a broader version of the other. That is to say, "All safe vore is endo, but not all endo is safe vore."

The thing is, you're right about the definition of Endosoma, however, this has included and is not limited to non-vore scenarios. One such example is The Fantastic Voyage (1966), where a few people are shrunken down and sent into another person's body (specifically their bloodstream) in order to help deal with a potentially fatal blood clot that couldn't be reached from the outside.

Even if we stretch the definition of "vore" in this case, the shrunken doctors were not at all safe in this movie, facing several obstacles including turbulence, antibodies, and white blood cells.

This is just one example, but there are several more if you look for it.
WolfieBoy
???

Postby ihateu91 » Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:24 pm

Because it's not necessarily about being eaten. Most folks here will point you to the Fantastic Voyage trope. Journeying inside or exploring the body.

Of course like with any of this stuff it's a spectrum of different ideas and tastes, but ultimately all comes down to the idea of going inside of somebody.
ihateu91
---

Postby N-Mario » Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:03 pm

Ah, right. Endosoma can have a whole body explorer scenario, safe vore can be just being held by the predator. As you say, pretty much both can be considered as endosoma.

Like I said, I'd LOVE being held inside some of my favorite animal predators. Probably not so much as to explore them, just as long as they take me in their belly. So, that would mean safe vore for me then, as long as I am taken inside them somehow. That still seems/sounds like an endosoma type of deal, since there would be no harm to said character in the scenario.

Thanks for the info though. :)
I'm a dolphin that prefers devouring my best buddy.
He loves to be eaten by me. I don't mind that at all.
N-Mario
---

Postby WolfieBoy » Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:54 pm

Well, it's like I said. All safe vore is endosoma, but not all endosoma is safe vore. X3
WolfieBoy
???

Postby GramzonTheDragon » Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:44 pm

Usually in the specific lingo of the vore community, endosoma/endo is used to refer to vore with no digestion or absorption at all. Safe vore is usually used in the same way, but some people do consider digestion with reformation and no pain to also be "safe vore" in very rare instances. But usually they are used as synonyms. The vore community as a whole uses a decent amount of words incorrect from their standard definition or as slang. For example, vore is not technically a verb, but someone might say "I vored Johnny yesterday" as if it was.
GramzonTheDragon
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby TheNewMinkMan » Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:26 pm

Personally, I've always thought of it as something defined by a bit more permanence. I've usually seen "safe vore" end with prompt release of the prey, but endosoma not always. Probably a stupid and wrong definition, but eh.
TheNewMinkMan
New to the forum

Return to Endosomatophilia world