Dedicated for the vore artists who have an album in this site
Forum rules
1a. Each artist should only have one thread for an open offer that has no deadline, and one project offers thread. Every commission / stream opening and closing, New publish for purchase, etc, should just be added to the commission thread.

1b. Likewise. Any other deadline orientated project (for example YCH) please just add to your project thread.

-Doing this mostly to make sure we don't have hundreds of artists making new threads every time for people to wands through.

2. Thread bumping is once a week! That means if you just want to add visibility to your thread, please don't bump it more than once a week.

3. Please link to your commission tab, like one of those here https://aryion.com/g4/commission.list.php

4. If you are hiring someone, use our forum for hiring viewforum.php?f=99

Postby Chuba » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:37 pm

Last edited by Chuba on Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chuba
New to the forum

Blog: View Blog (2)

Re: Writer for hire / Writing commissions opened!

Postby madsci » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:37 pm

This is possibly the worst way I've seen pricing ever written out. I think you might be trying to re-invent the wheel. You basically are charging 16$ per 1000 words. People should do that math from that. Also given you have 1 piece of writing up my advice would be... do a third of that. But thats just me.
madsci
Participator

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Brazzel » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:05 pm

madsci wrote:This is possibly the worst way I've seen pricing ever written out. I think you might be trying to re-invent the wheel. You basically are charging 16$ per 1000 words. People should do that math from that. Also given you have 1 piece of writing up my advice would be... do a third of that. But thats just me.

The pricing system can come across as a bit confusing. Most writers price by word (For example, you'd be set at $.016 a word) or by 1000 words. However, $16 per 1000 words is a completely fair price. Most competent writers, even on Eka's, charge at minimum $20 per 1000 words. A third of $16 is only just over $5! That's half a cent a word. Anyone who writes for that much is being extorted. Chuba's pricing is fine.
Brazzel
Been posting for a bit

Blog: View Blog (22)

Postby madsci » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:41 pm

Brazzel wrote:
madsci wrote:This is possibly the worst way I've seen pricing ever written out. I think you might be trying to re-invent the wheel. You basically are charging 16$ per 1000 words. People should do that math from that. Also given you have 1 piece of writing up my advice would be... do a third of that. But thats just me.

The pricing system can come across as a bit confusing. Most writers price by word (For example, you'd be set at $.016 a word) or by 1000 words. However, $16 per 1000 words is a completely fair price. Most competent writers, even on Eka's, charge at minimum $20 per 1000 words. A third of $16 is only just over $5! That's half a cent a word. Anyone who writes for that much is being extorted. Chuba's pricing is fine.

That's just completely false. Almost no one on Eka's writes for $20 per 1000 - I don't know where you got this from? Almost all writers on ekas are at $10 per 1000- if you're starting out usually begins at $5 per 1000. And VERY few - I mean, literally I know of maybe 2 people on this forum who have a select clientele and thus can charge that but aren't actually getting new customers. The reason $10 is the professional rate is that in 1 hour you should be able to write between 1000-2000 words. So on the high-end thats $20 an hour (a fair wage for a commission writer).
madsci
Participator

Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to Artists Valley