Style, and the challanges of it.

Dedicated for the vore artists who have an album in this site, including commission advertisement, one thread per user please.

1a. Each artist should only have one thread for an open offer that has no deadline, and one project offers thread. Every commission / stream opening and closing, New publish for purchase, etc, should just be added to the commission thread.

1b. Likewise. Any other deadline orientated project (for example YCH) please just add to your project thread.

-Doing this mostly to make sure we don't have hundreds of artists making new threads every time for people to wands through.

2. Thread bumping is once a week! That means if you just want to add visibility to your thread, please don't bump it more than once a week.

3. Please link to your commission tab, like one of those here https://aryion.com/g4/commission.list.php

4. If you are hiring someone, use our forum for hiring viewforum.php?f=99

Artists recommendation before accepting commission, check for poster reputation. If they don't seem active, new account etc, You should do the following:

1. NEVER do free spec work without payment first...not even simple "test" sketches.
2. ALWAYS have a clear and detail mutual agreement
3. ALWAYS ask for half payment upfront before you do any work at all
4. NEVER send final artwork until you have received final payment
5. Check #blacklist for information on scam related activity in our artist Discord viewtopic.php?f=99&t=55569

Forum rules
Dedicated for the vore artists who have an album in this site, including commission advertisement, one thread per user please.

1a. Each artist should only have one thread for an open offer that has no deadline, and one project offers thread. Every commission / stream opening and closing, New publish for purchase, etc, should just be added to the commission thread.

1b. Likewise. Any other deadline orientated project (for example YCH) please just add to your project thread.

-Doing this mostly to make sure we don't have hundreds of artists making new threads every time for people to wands through.

2. Thread bumping is once a week! That means if you just want to add visibility to your thread, please don't bump it more than once a week.

3. Please link to your commission tab, like one of those here https://aryion.com/g4/commission.list.php

4. If you are hiring someone, use our forum for hiring viewforum.php?f=99

Artists recommendation before accepting commission, check for poster reputation. If they don't seem active, new account etc, You should do the following:

1. NEVER do free spec work without payment first...not even simple "test" sketches.
2. ALWAYS have a clear and detail mutual agreement
3. ALWAYS ask for half payment upfront before you do any work at all
4. NEVER send final artwork until you have received final payment
5. Check #blacklist for information on scam related activity in our artist Discord viewtopic.php?f=99&t=55569

Style, and the challanges of it.

Postby talonsaurn » Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:09 pm

Style, and the challenges of it. A few words about playing well.

Guess this is part of the old guard in me, but it seems there are fewer and fewer people who are gifted with the ability to roleplay stylishly and with good pacing. Perhaps it comes from a wider range of people sharing the interest, a more vivid and skillful set of artists drawing or something else but I've found fewer people who are able to handle a dynamic roleplay. Now what do i mean by that, well. i'll take a few examples. First the most challenging.

Stylish evil. Preds can to horrible and nasty things, Rape, dismemberment, soul devouring, and all sorts of other kinks, however like good books and fine wine a rp is best when savored. building toward a climax with an exotic kink is fine but it loses its special nature when used to just be filler and the acts over done. Rping is an art form, takes lots of practice to do well(and like art there are countless styles out there, not everyone likes everything. Evil though seems to be the hardest for preds to do, beyond the actions comes the setup and afterplay, supportive and useful and yet its hard for most people to compartmentalize there mind and be real bastards to people they like(Yes, Leo is the same way, i cant use him anymore in truly dark stuff), I THINK its harder still for people to play prey to villains like that though. They want it ooc, but because of that its hard for people to play the prey as natural unwilling(most evil preds don't want there prey to enjoy it, kinda makes it not evil)

Stylish Romance
This is the far easier way for people it seems, We all want to be loved and appricated, even if the romance is duplicitous(evil) the way things start is the same, loving, affection, taking your time seducing. Its easier to do because most people understand how they'd like to be in this position. RL gives us PLENTY of ideas of how to make a woman yours,that being said its still not easy, it is more than getting a person down and yiffing them before dinner. It takes the same buildup and quality preperation before the act as being a total bastard, just that most of us understand it easier. It comes more natural to the people who have moved from fat furs to vore for instance, gentle gluttony.

Stylish vore
The purest and most basic of forms still has to be done right in my mind. No malice or love but hunting for food, any sex just being part of the thrill of the hunt. The chase though, the trapping, the setup here comes to be the most key, you can't just use evil or good ideas, this is about food. A hunter chasing their meal down, a stalker sneaking into someones home to pick up food.

Summation
For those who want to improve how they play, remember that deep down a rp is a two person story, and as such is best when thoughtfully done and well made. enjoy yourself and learn abuot your parner so you can make wonderful bulges together, there is room for all kinds, but your glory is far better when shown with a bit of razle dazle.
talonsaurn
Been posting for a bit

Postby Ruki » Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:29 pm

I personally believe that a 'style guide' is the absolute /wrong/ way to go to find better RP's. My character Wrath is the sin of Wrath embodied. There's nothing subtle about her evil. Piss her off, and don't be surprised when she's raping you with your own severed arm. In the same manner, romance can erupt from anything, even a fight, struggle, or yelling match when all of a sudden that special little thing clicks and then there's that awkward silence. In my view, real life experience (not with dismemberment, just in general, and especially with romance) helps a ton. The one thing that irks me is when people try to romance Wrath and make a horrible faux pas or two I'm not sure if I can attribute to their character or their player. When you get right down to it, however, real life experience isn't a necessity - it just helps.
Ruki
Been posting for a bit

Postby SeruOmen » Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:34 am

It has been my experience that the people who seem more skilled at role playing, also seem to be the type of people who read regularly, or did so in the past. If you get complaints of being a shoddy role player... try picking up a good book or two, something you can enjoy. You'll learn better grammer and more descriptive ways to explain a scene.
SeruOmen
I like sword

Postby TW » Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:52 pm

Roleplaying is a trial and error thing in my opinion. When I first started.... well lets just say It took me a while to learn how to role play properly. Roleplaying is not something that can really be taught. I mean, other roleplayers can help guide you, but until you decide that you want to take more time and effort into Roleplaying. Your partner's and you will suffer for it.

If you get complaints of being a shoddy role player... try picking up a good book or two, something you can enjoy. You'll learn better grammer and more descriptive ways to explain a scene.

I totally agree. though lets not forget, Sometimes people expect too much of their partner. Just because you had the most fantastic RP one day does not mean that your next one is going to be of the same level. It will vary day to day. (I know from experiance.)

The best advice I have to roleplaying is be descriptive. Enjoy explaining what, where,why,how. Do not try and rush through a scene.

Well thats my thoughts anyway...
I love bellies! Round, Soft, hard, Prey filled, food filled, Inflated, or Pregnancy, so long as it is big and round. :)

I am a maieusophile are you?

TW
Belly Loving Author

Postby Slash » Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:42 pm

To me it's best to get to know the other person. Before the roleplay. There likes and dislikes. Have an understanding of each other before the RP. As a newbie best to take things slow. Might as well not Rp unless it's enjoyable for both sides.
Slash
Participator

Postby TW » Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:54 pm

Slash wrote:To me it's best to get to know the other person. Before the roleplay.

I would have to agree. Two friends roleplaying is much more enjoyable than two complete strangers in my opinion.
I love bellies! Round, Soft, hard, Prey filled, food filled, Inflated, or Pregnancy, so long as it is big and round. :)

I am a maieusophile are you?

TW
Belly Loving Author

Postby talonsaurn » Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:30 am

That actually does end up covering one of my biggest natural tendencies, i actually find it hard to get into rps with those who i don't know much about. It probally explains why i tend not to work well with chat rooms and the like. Not everyone is compatable with eachother afterall
Practice is of course key in almost everything, no one is born as a supurb player, or artist, or author, it just all takes time. Still not all can come from inside, mind has to see and feel other things just as much Read stories, logs, and books, admitedly the later is probally best for range of experiance

Finally rather impressed that this started such a converstation, just was the lions two cents afterall. nothing at all wrong with varying views on such things
Talonsaurn
talonsaurn
Been posting for a bit

Return to Artists Valley