Not Sure Where to put this... (Questions about Adoptables)

Dedicated for the vore artists who have an album in this site, including commission advertisement, one thread per user please.

1a. Each artist should only have one thread for an open offer that has no deadline, and one project offers thread. Every commission / stream opening and closing, New publish for purchase, etc, should just be added to the commission thread.

1b. Likewise. Any other deadline orientated project (for example YCH) please just add to your project thread.

-Doing this mostly to make sure we don't have hundreds of artists making new threads every time for people to wands through.

2. Thread bumping is once a week! That means if you just want to add visibility to your thread, please don't bump it more than once a week.

3. Please link to your commission tab, like one of those here https://aryion.com/g4/commission.list.php

4. If you are hiring someone, use our forum for hiring viewforum.php?f=99

Artists recommendation before accepting commission, check for poster reputation. If they don't seem active, new account etc, You should do the following:

1. NEVER do free spec work without payment first...not even simple "test" sketches.
2. ALWAYS have a clear and detail mutual agreement
3. ALWAYS ask for half payment upfront before you do any work at all
4. NEVER send final artwork until you have received final payment
5. Check #blacklist for information on scam related activity in our artist Discord viewtopic.php?f=99&t=55569

Forum rules
Dedicated for the vore artists who have an album in this site, including commission advertisement, one thread per user please.

1a. Each artist should only have one thread for an open offer that has no deadline, and one project offers thread. Every commission / stream opening and closing, New publish for purchase, etc, should just be added to the commission thread.

1b. Likewise. Any other deadline orientated project (for example YCH) please just add to your project thread.

-Doing this mostly to make sure we don't have hundreds of artists making new threads every time for people to wands through.

2. Thread bumping is once a week! That means if you just want to add visibility to your thread, please don't bump it more than once a week.

3. Please link to your commission tab, like one of those here https://aryion.com/g4/commission.list.php

4. If you are hiring someone, use our forum for hiring viewforum.php?f=99

Artists recommendation before accepting commission, check for poster reputation. If they don't seem active, new account etc, You should do the following:

1. NEVER do free spec work without payment first...not even simple "test" sketches.
2. ALWAYS have a clear and detail mutual agreement
3. ALWAYS ask for half payment upfront before you do any work at all
4. NEVER send final artwork until you have received final payment
5. Check #blacklist for information on scam related activity in our artist Discord viewtopic.php?f=99&t=55569

Not Sure Where to put this... (Questions about Adoptables)

Postby Shizu » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:45 pm

Hi, many don't know me (as to be expected, I'm a pretty boring fur) but I would just like to understand why everyone goes on and on about adoptables. Personally, I don't get it, and when an artist just mass-produces them as if basically filling in their own (or another artist's) base like a paint-by-numbers it makes me feel sad/angry.

Please understand I am not referring to artists that actually, to put it nicely, put effort towards the adoptables. I mean artists who pretty much recolor their own art and such. It pisses me off when I see them auctioned off from a set usually hitting double digits and people throw oodles of cash at them, and for what? A cookie cutter creature with a recolor? I don't understand it.

If anyone has input or personal stories I'd love to hear them. Are you an artist? Do you make adoptables, or have you bought one yourself? etcetc

I'm not trying to be a dick. ._.
Shizu
New to the forum

Re: Not Sure Where to put this... (Questions about Adoptable

Postby kernac » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:14 pm

Cookie cutter stuff is kind of shameful, but honestly I've only ever seen it once before, most of the time artist actually make each adoptable unique. Been in the furry fandom for 9 years now and I've only seen someone do cookie-cutter adoptable once before, so I don't imagine its that common.
Feel free to visit my gallery, there I store my art and writings as well as commissioned pieces I have gathered over the years:

-My gallery.
kernac
Overlord of the Rose

Postby Shizu » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:31 am

kernac wrote:Cookie cutter stuff is kind of shameful, but honestly I've only ever seen it once before, most of the time artist actually make each adoptable unique. Been in the furry fandom for 9 years now and I've only seen someone do cookie-cutter adoptable once before, so I don't imagine its that common.

Hi! Thanks for responding! It mostly happens on FA to be honest, but what irks me the most is when they auction them off. I mean hell, some well for 50-90$+ and up. An artist can make my weeks salary in one day from auctioning off adoptables. Yes, there's work involved but when all you see in your feed is YCH, Adoptables, and raffles from an artist's account it almost appears that they are a damn content mill.
Shizu
New to the forum

Postby AlluringPredation » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:26 pm

I would like to make adoptables, but the target (vorish) market is a fair bit smaller. Especially as I like to make monstergirls which I'm not sure how well received they'd be on FA.

I like the idea of adoptables, when they are unique. I see some artists use a mold 4-6 times, and give each their own unique flair. And while it dilutes the originality some, it's still there. What's worst is not the artists that sell the molds, but the users who buy the molds and sell off characters in mass production. Using only the basic colors skills to add unique markings, and that's it. That I don't care for so much. But then again the market for mass produced characters is reduced, they might try to sell a character for a high cost point, doesn't mean someone's going to pick it up. The unique ones I see going for a lot more money more consistently.

Kernac, lemme point you at my favorite mold. The flying teacup fox, a design I found to be quite great, but done to death. Been around nearly a year and a search brings up about 300. There's quite a few of these. Different molds I mean. There is also a template maker, which adds a fair bit more variety for species. But I've seen the same pose thousands of times, which isn't bad by any means as the studio creating the template is constantly adding new options. But still gets stale after a certain point.

Not saying it's good or bad, supply and demand in my opinion. If people are becoming willing to shell out big money for template characters, then there's a hole that can be filled as an artist. Unique adoptables aren't so common from what I've seen, most go quickly if of quality. People like getting things instantly when they like what they see. There's YCH, but that's not instant and if you don't have anything but a description things can go wrong. So picking up a quick cookie cutter character may be a starter to be handed to an artist, better ensuring the purchaser of the YCH auction will get what they want. In a unique pose.

Just my observations over the last half-year.
Discord for artists and those who commission them! https://discord.com/invite/F3UDqqAx53
AlluringPredation
Participator

Return to Artists Valley