Opinion of your old work.

Dedicated for the vore artists who have an album in this site, including commission advertisement, one thread per user please.

1a. Each artist should only have one thread for an open offer that has no deadline, and one project offers thread. Every commission / stream opening and closing, New publish for purchase, etc, should just be added to the commission thread.

1b. Likewise. Any other deadline orientated project (for example YCH) please just add to your project thread.

-Doing this mostly to make sure we don't have hundreds of artists making new threads every time for people to wands through.

2. Thread bumping is once a week! That means if you just want to add visibility to your thread, please don't bump it more than once a week.

3. Please link to your commission tab, like one of those here https://aryion.com/g4/commission.list.php

4. If you are hiring someone, use our forum for hiring viewforum.php?f=99

Artists recommendation before accepting commission, check for poster reputation. If they don't seem active, new account etc, You should do the following:

1. NEVER do free spec work without payment first...not even simple "test" sketches.
2. ALWAYS have a clear and detail mutual agreement
3. ALWAYS ask for half payment upfront before you do any work at all
4. NEVER send final artwork until you have received final payment
5. Check #blacklist for information on scam related activity in our artist Discord viewtopic.php?f=99&t=55569

Forum rules
Dedicated for the vore artists who have an album in this site, including commission advertisement, one thread per user please.

1a. Each artist should only have one thread for an open offer that has no deadline, and one project offers thread. Every commission / stream opening and closing, New publish for purchase, etc, should just be added to the commission thread.

1b. Likewise. Any other deadline orientated project (for example YCH) please just add to your project thread.

-Doing this mostly to make sure we don't have hundreds of artists making new threads every time for people to wands through.

2. Thread bumping is once a week! That means if you just want to add visibility to your thread, please don't bump it more than once a week.

3. Please link to your commission tab, like one of those here https://aryion.com/g4/commission.list.php

4. If you are hiring someone, use our forum for hiring viewforum.php?f=99

Artists recommendation before accepting commission, check for poster reputation. If they don't seem active, new account etc, You should do the following:

1. NEVER do free spec work without payment first...not even simple "test" sketches.
2. ALWAYS have a clear and detail mutual agreement
3. ALWAYS ask for half payment upfront before you do any work at all
4. NEVER send final artwork until you have received final payment
5. Check #blacklist for information on scam related activity in our artist Discord viewtopic.php?f=99&t=55569

Opinion of your old work.

Postby Datonenumbnuts » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:58 am

How do you feel when you look back on your older content? Pictures, stories, animations, anything. Do you feel proud of how much you have improved? Do you see past errors you made and learned from? etc.

Someone once told me, If you look back on your older work and see no improvement of any kind, you're doing something wrong. All jokes aside about how I think my work is crap, I personally feel I have made great progress, in such a short time too. I still have a long way to go, but i'm proud of where I have gotten now. A lot of it due to the people who have helped keep pushing me to strive and get better at my work. I look back in my old sketch books...and its so hard not to wanna either laugh, cringe, or burn them.
Datonenumbnuts
Been posting for a bit

Re: Opinion of your old work.

Postby GoTee1 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:29 am

Most of it hasn't aged well, I think. A few too many stories phoned in, and a bit too much repetition of 'mountainous orbs' and 'squirming cages of flesh' and the like. There's a few that I wrote under some different states of mind that I out and out regret, but overall I am glad I wrote most of my work, and I feel I've genuinely improved in the last few years.
I think since 2015, my work's been its best.
GoTee1
Somewhat familiar

Postby sinsnail » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:38 am

Last edited by sinsnail on Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
sinsnail
Been posting for a bit

Postby merlovinit » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:43 am

My "old" work is only 2 years old which really isn't very long for an artist. However, it is a lot different (read:worse) than the work I create now. It makes me happy that I've improved.

However, in my recent work I think I've stagnated some. Although I don't really see a time where I wasn't improving at all. Part of the reason I haven't been uploading anything lately is that I'm focusing a bit more on the fundamentals right now and haven't been drawing a lot of vore.

As far as dislike. I don't really dislike any of my old vore artwork. Which is sorta surprising, because my older non-vore artwork I tend to hate. But I guess when it comes to vore I am passionate about it and I feel like that passion has come through in my older work even if the technical ability was lacking.
merlovinit
Participator

Postby Humbug » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:22 am

It's garbage. Though I haven't improved as much as I probably should have in the time I've been drawing, there's still an obvious improvement, especially since I got serious over the last couple of years.
But looking at it just makes me laugh. I don't hate it as a lot of artists tend to, and I'll never purge my old artwork, as some do. It's a good reminder that, yes, there is improvement. I just don't notice it most of the time because it's slow.
Humbug
---

Postby jaggedjagd » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:35 am

Burn it. Burn it all.
jaggedjagd
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby hamletvalley » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:04 am

jaggedjagd wrote:Burn it. Burn it all.

I also feel this way x3
hamletvalley
Been posting for a bit

Postby Shyny » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:45 am

I mean, it's a little odd for me to say, relative to Eka's Portal. The content I've uploaded so far has at most only been a year old, and essentially any and all digital art I've produced has come out of this last year. The majority of writing I produce is from roleplays, as well. As a result, just looking from my first upload to the works I've been producing this past weekend...it's crazy how far I've come in such a short time. Some of my older writing from a few years back is GHASTLY, and shall never see the light of day if I can assure it, but nonetheless I acknowledge it was necessary to get to where I am today.
I mean, I'm in the process of trying to redo earlier art, since I'm not a fan of it, but I don't think I'll remove the originals by any means. Looking back is definitely helpful, if only to laugh at it from time to time.
Shyny
New to the forum

Postby TimeToRun » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:01 am

When i see my old work i want to delet them out of this univers for ever. But jokes aside, I am happy that i still have my old work, without it I wouldn't be able to see my own progress. It's true that i don't realy like looking at my olderwork becuase it makes cringe.

I always keep this in mind the stuff that I make now will become old stuff in de future and it will maybe trigger that same rejection that I have now agianst my oldwork. I think its progress of making art, becuase a lot of artist are not happy with what they made.
TimeToRun
New to the forum

Postby EndercreeperMugen » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:44 pm

Whilst my oldest thing here is from nine months ago (not even a year yet), I can still say that I don't at all like those first few pieces of mine. It's still relieving to see that I have indeed improved during the past nine months, however.
EndercreeperMugen
Somewhat familiar

Postby Artemis » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:38 pm

It's important to know where you come from.

When it comes to the online art community as a whole, I tend to have very strong and very negative opinions. There's a lot to be critical of. And, with few exceptions, most of those criticisms stem from ego and entitlement. Therefore, when it comes to art I try to keep my ego nice and humble.
Artemis
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Paradox » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:26 pm

The only reason i don't delete my old stuff is probably that there are still people liking the old comics i did almost 10 years ago by now.

Looking back on some of these today I cant deny that they look awful. Really Really Awful.

But then I am still self critique today. I may focus on Animations nowadays, but each time I am in the middle of one i think: It looks average at best, i could do way WAAYY better. :roll:
You're welcome to visit my Gallery here on Ekas :3
(just click on the dancing girl)
Paradox
---

Postby Dango » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:32 pm

I definitely think it's worth keeping a few of your pieces up, at least for when things finally began to click; I think it's a good reminder to viewers that you didn't start off amazing, and hard work and practice really goes a long away : )

If you haven't seen any improvement, its definitely time to start taking lessons or mixing it up a bit more; the feeling can be immensely discouraging, and I've felt it quite a few times.
Dango
New to the forum

Postby SarahTheCuteVixen » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:44 pm

my response
To younger me,
Your art is bad and you should feel
Sincerely current

rinse and repeat for eternity i suppose
SarahTheCuteVixen
Been posting for a bit

Postby Damienfox » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:02 am

Used to be I'd actively avoid looking back through my gallery for how terrible I thought the old stuff was. Would never hide it, because it still shows my progress over the years, but I hated it myself. These days I see the progress more than the bad art, and it's not so bad. I mean, it's still terribly drawn, but I don't bear it ill-will.
Plus I've been finding more often of late that I'll be reminded of an older work and look at it and see "Hey... this is still pretty awesome. I did a lot better than I thought I did. Not great, but look at this here I did, even though I'd not tried it before. Good on me."
Damienfox
Somewhat familiar

Postby immortalsane » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:14 am

I mean, you have to understand something. I've been writing for close to two decades now. I've lost every old bit of work I ever did, due to the early stuff being pencil and paper, my main internet home going down before I had gdocs, losing flash drives, and computers dying.

Most of the "old" work i have access to...yeah, some of it's a little cringe worthy. Not too detailed. Terrible plots.

But at this point, I'm pretty set. My work will never be the next great american novel, but it's serviceable, people like it enough to pay me for it, and I (mostly) don't want to die when I read it.

Am I still improving? It varies. Some stories I look at and scratch my head and go, "I have no idea what I could have done better, but I ain't happy." Some stories I think are some of the best things I've ever done or will do. Some stories are mixed, things I really like, and things that make me go "eh." And some stories, I take on commission and about halfway through I have to stop, go back, and start over going in the direction the commissioner wanted because the story is flowing but not in the right way. Those are hard, because I have no way to judge the quality except to give it to the person who paid for it and go, "is it ok? Is that what you wanted?" Because it's not what *I* thought should happen, so it will always look wrong to me.

So...some of my old stuff is trash. Some of it is my best work. Some of it is a mix.

About the same as now.

Go figure.
I'm fast, cheap, and easy. Commission me!
immortalsane
Been posting for a bit

Return to Artists Valley