how much should i charge for comissions?

Dedicated for the vore artists who have an album in this site, including commission advertisement, one thread per user please.

1a. Each artist should only have one thread for an open offer that has no deadline, and one project offers thread. Every commission / stream opening and closing, New publish for purchase, etc, should just be added to the commission thread.

1b. Likewise. Any other deadline orientated project (for example YCH) please just add to your project thread.

-Doing this mostly to make sure we don't have hundreds of artists making new threads every time for people to wands through.

2. Thread bumping is once a week! That means if you just want to add visibility to your thread, please don't bump it more than once a week.

3. Please link to your commission tab, like one of those here https://aryion.com/g4/commission.list.php

4. If you are hiring someone, use our forum for hiring viewforum.php?f=99

Artists recommendation before accepting commission, check for poster reputation. If they don't seem active, new account etc, You should do the following:

1. NEVER do free spec work without payment first...not even simple "test" sketches.
2. ALWAYS have a clear and detail mutual agreement
3. ALWAYS ask for half payment upfront before you do any work at all
4. NEVER send final artwork until you have received final payment
5. Check #blacklist for information on scam related activity in our artist Discord viewtopic.php?f=99&t=55569

Forum rules
Dedicated for the vore artists who have an album in this site, including commission advertisement, one thread per user please.

1a. Each artist should only have one thread for an open offer that has no deadline, and one project offers thread. Every commission / stream opening and closing, New publish for purchase, etc, should just be added to the commission thread.

1b. Likewise. Any other deadline orientated project (for example YCH) please just add to your project thread.

-Doing this mostly to make sure we don't have hundreds of artists making new threads every time for people to wands through.

2. Thread bumping is once a week! That means if you just want to add visibility to your thread, please don't bump it more than once a week.

3. Please link to your commission tab, like one of those here https://aryion.com/g4/commission.list.php

4. If you are hiring someone, use our forum for hiring viewforum.php?f=99

Artists recommendation before accepting commission, check for poster reputation. If they don't seem active, new account etc, You should do the following:

1. NEVER do free spec work without payment first...not even simple "test" sketches.
2. ALWAYS have a clear and detail mutual agreement
3. ALWAYS ask for half payment upfront before you do any work at all
4. NEVER send final artwork until you have received final payment
5. Check #blacklist for information on scam related activity in our artist Discord viewtopic.php?f=99&t=55569

how much should i charge for comissions?

Postby extremelydevious » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:14 am

Hey, could someone appraise the comissionable value of my art?
A few people enquired about comissions to me now, i turned them down but now decided to open up since people thought i was good enough to ask. now, ive had a couple enquireys, but everyone asks me, "how much"?

Now im wondering, what is my work actually worth? could someone appraise me?
https://aryion.com/g4/gallery/extremelydevious

every page i do, i do the sketch version and the lined in version in 1 day each, sometimes both in the same day, only because thats my window, around 2 hours each day for drawing unless i put stuff off.

im not to concerned about earning the big bucks, yet, but im just interested in what my work could be worth.
Also, when people ask me for comission prices, ited be nice to have a price range to pull a number from.

So far yet nobody has actually confirmed they want a comission done we have discussed conversation usually ends around the time i ask, how much do you want to pay?
extremelydevious
Been posting for a bit

Re: how much should i charge for comissions?

Postby KingKabal777 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:09 am

extremelydevious wrote:Hey, could someone appraise the comissionable value of my art?
A few people enquired about comissions to me now, i turned them down but now decided to open up since people thought i was good enough to ask. now, ive had a couple enquireys, but everyone asks me, "how much"?

Now im wondering, what is my work actually worth? could someone appraise me?
https://aryion.com/g4/gallery/extremelydevious

every page i do, i do the sketch version and the lined in version in 1 day each, sometimes both in the same day, only because thats my window, around 2 hours each day for drawing unless i put stuff off.

im not to concerned about earning the big bucks, yet, but im just interested in what my work could be worth.
Also, when people ask me for comission prices, ited be nice to have a price range to pull a number from.

So far yet nobody has actually confirmed they want a comission done we have discussed conversation usually ends around the time i ask, how much do you want to pay?

Wont do:
Graphic Scat or scat play
graphic gore
underage pred/prey
food stuffing/ridiculous hyper expansion
Overly tiny preds, becoming ultra inflated from eating normal sized/ giant prey
Just no super inflation in general

Does the part above apply to requests as well? Extreme content would be a no go for me, some on Eka's portal are fans of extreme content so if at some point you'd be willing to do it, you could get more people to offer you commissions.

"food stuffing/ridiculous hyper expansion
Overly tiny preds, becoming ultra inflated from eating normal sized/ giant prey"

Define this more specifically? I never requested or commissioned anyone something like this at all before.

Perhaps at some point, if you do non-vore, soul vore, and can do very unique artwork, I'd be glad to consider a good amount of money to you depending on your rules and based upon your interests and preferences, as I'm open to offer ideas that could be based off the interests of the artist.

If your works would highly fit my interests, I could go around 50-100 USD depending on the difficulty, I suggest based on difficulty.
KingKabal777
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: how much should i charge for comissions?

Postby IvISenpai » Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:09 pm

I'm no art critic and I'm definitely no artist, I won't pretend to know the amount of effort or time that goes into your work so take anything I say with a couple thousand grains of salt.

Obviously factors such as time and effort go into charging a commission, quality is another factor but since everyone's view of quality can be different it's not something I would focus too much on.

A good way to charge is a flat rate, say $40 to 50 dollars for a piece with two characters and a background, then have extras that can be purchased, like say $10 per extra character, $15 for color and so on.

You could also charge for the hour, say I wan't you to draw me something and it takes 12 hours and your rate is $8 an hour, then the commission would be $96 dollars. You could also apply the extra charges to this, for example $8 an hour for a sketch with two characters and a background, if you want more characters it costs $10 for every one added, then when your done the price would be figured by adding the extra charges and the variable charges together. (8h + e = Final Price)

Keep in mind the prices in this are not actually recommended prices, they are example numbers I used to explain the systems I was talking about in a easy to understand way. :-D

Honestly this is as much advice as I can give as I've never done commissions, ^^; I hope I was able to help somehow and I wish you luck in your future projects. :)
IvISenpai
New to the forum

Return to Artists Valley