Should I open more slots in my commissions?

Dedicated for the vore artists who have an album in this site, including commission advertisement, one thread per user please.

1a. Each artist should only have one thread for an open offer that has no deadline, and one project offers thread. Every commission / stream opening and closing, New publish for purchase, etc, should just be added to the commission thread.

1b. Likewise. Any other deadline orientated project (for example YCH) please just add to your project thread.

-Doing this mostly to make sure we don't have hundreds of artists making new threads every time for people to wands through.

2. Thread bumping is once a week! That means if you just want to add visibility to your thread, please don't bump it more than once a week.

3. Please link to your commission tab, like one of those here https://aryion.com/g4/commission.list.php

4. If you are hiring someone, use our forum for hiring viewforum.php?f=99

Artists recommendation before accepting commission, check for poster reputation. If they don't seem active, new account etc, You should do the following:

1. NEVER do free spec work without payment first...not even simple "test" sketches.
2. ALWAYS have a clear and detail mutual agreement
3. ALWAYS ask for half payment upfront before you do any work at all
4. NEVER send final artwork until you have received final payment
5. Check #blacklist for information on scam related activity in our artist Discord viewtopic.php?f=99&t=55569

Forum rules
Dedicated for the vore artists who have an album in this site, including commission advertisement, one thread per user please.

1a. Each artist should only have one thread for an open offer that has no deadline, and one project offers thread. Every commission / stream opening and closing, New publish for purchase, etc, should just be added to the commission thread.

1b. Likewise. Any other deadline orientated project (for example YCH) please just add to your project thread.

-Doing this mostly to make sure we don't have hundreds of artists making new threads every time for people to wands through.

2. Thread bumping is once a week! That means if you just want to add visibility to your thread, please don't bump it more than once a week.

3. Please link to your commission tab, like one of those here https://aryion.com/g4/commission.list.php

4. If you are hiring someone, use our forum for hiring viewforum.php?f=99

Artists recommendation before accepting commission, check for poster reputation. If they don't seem active, new account etc, You should do the following:

1. NEVER do free spec work without payment first...not even simple "test" sketches.
2. ALWAYS have a clear and detail mutual agreement
3. ALWAYS ask for half payment upfront before you do any work at all
4. NEVER send final artwork until you have received final payment
5. Check #blacklist for information on scam related activity in our artist Discord viewtopic.php?f=99&t=55569

Should I open more slots in my commissions?

Postby Megumipan616 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:21 pm

Hello there! :-D I only want to know the opinion of the people, so, feel free to write all you think:
I have 8 slots of commissions, but lately a lot of people is asking me for commissions. Normally I'm so slow while I'm drawing and the queue fills so quick. I want to know if people cares about the time waiting for a commission. I always send sketches and updates at my customers, even I let them the option of change anything, but I make them wait so long, that's the problem, more slots, more time waiting, but, people care about this? Should I open more slots and reserve them for people who wants a commission?
You can see my commission chart here if you are interested, maybe I'll open more slots, but I take my time, I draw my things and obviously I have my life, so sorry if I take to long with a commission, anyway you can ask me all the time to see updates :3

https://aryion.com/g4/userpage.commission.php?id=Megumipan616
Megumipan616
New to the forum

Re: Should I open more slots in my commissions?

Postby Animagra » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:29 pm

I honestly wouldn't open more than you can handle at a time. It's up to you of course. :)
Animagra
New to the forum

Postby sweetladyamy » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:49 pm

Animagra wrote:I honestly wouldn't open more than you can handle at a time. It's up to you of course. :)

I second this. It's no different with myself, my self-care and the neediness of others.....
Amyrakunejo, Heiress of Purity

Philosophical Pagan Anarchist Femme Fair Gamer Lesbian Metalhead Chick
sweetladyamy
---

Postby Animagra » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:26 pm

sweetladyamy wrote:
Animagra wrote:I honestly wouldn't open more than you can handle at a time. It's up to you of course. :)

I second this. It's no different with myself, my self-care and the neediness of others.....

I hear that. Most clients are very patient, but there are some who will constantly pester you for updates, disrupt your flow, work ethic and then turn rather hostile, to the point where you don't want to work on it anymore. It's important to make sure you don't take too many on at any one time, and select clients you know will honor how you go about your business. :)
Animagra
New to the forum

Postby Doku » Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:18 am

As a rule, work at your current level for a little bit to gauge your ability to cover this or greater numbers of commissions. If you feel comfortable and willing to do more once you're sure you can? Go for it. But don't feel compelled to do it. It's better to be certain of your capacities and availability to not overtax yourself.
Doku
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby The Saint of Ravens » Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:19 am

Kinda echoing what's already been said, it's best to work to what your abilities are. Because having a large amount of commissions to do, working through them slowly, and looking at that list day after day can cause stress, which makes it harder to work, which makes it so the commissions are sitting there longer.
Just work at your own pace, clients who want something from you will generally be fine waiting until you're open~
No worries, I don't bite~
The Saint of Ravens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Return to Artists Valley