First or Third person?

Dedicated for the vore artists who have an album in this site, including commission advertisement, one thread per user please.

1a. Each artist should only have one thread for an open offer that has no deadline, and one project offers thread. Every commission / stream opening and closing, New publish for purchase, etc, should just be added to the commission thread.

1b. Likewise. Any other deadline orientated project (for example YCH) please just add to your project thread.

-Doing this mostly to make sure we don't have hundreds of artists making new threads every time for people to wands through.

2. Thread bumping is once a week! That means if you just want to add visibility to your thread, please don't bump it more than once a week.

3. Please link to your commission tab, like one of those here https://aryion.com/g4/commission.list.php

4. If you are hiring someone, use our forum for hiring viewforum.php?f=99

Artists recommendation before accepting commission, check for poster reputation. If they don't seem active, new account etc, You should do the following:

1. NEVER do free spec work without payment first...not even simple "test" sketches.
2. ALWAYS have a clear and detail mutual agreement
3. ALWAYS ask for half payment upfront before you do any work at all
4. NEVER send final artwork until you have received final payment
5. Check #blacklist for information on scam related activity in our artist Discord viewtopic.php?f=99&t=55569

Forum rules
Dedicated for the vore artists who have an album in this site, including commission advertisement, one thread per user please.

1a. Each artist should only have one thread for an open offer that has no deadline, and one project offers thread. Every commission / stream opening and closing, New publish for purchase, etc, should just be added to the commission thread.

1b. Likewise. Any other deadline orientated project (for example YCH) please just add to your project thread.

-Doing this mostly to make sure we don't have hundreds of artists making new threads every time for people to wands through.

2. Thread bumping is once a week! That means if you just want to add visibility to your thread, please don't bump it more than once a week.

3. Please link to your commission tab, like one of those here https://aryion.com/g4/commission.list.php

4. If you are hiring someone, use our forum for hiring viewforum.php?f=99

Artists recommendation before accepting commission, check for poster reputation. If they don't seem active, new account etc, You should do the following:

1. NEVER do free spec work without payment first...not even simple "test" sketches.
2. ALWAYS have a clear and detail mutual agreement
3. ALWAYS ask for half payment upfront before you do any work at all
4. NEVER send final artwork until you have received final payment
5. Check #blacklist for information on scam related activity in our artist Discord viewtopic.php?f=99&t=55569

First person or third person for my stories?

Poll ended at Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:19 pm

Third person
68%
First person
32%

Total votes : 25

First or Third person?

Postby TW » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:19 pm

Some of you may have noticed that some of my stories are written from the third person perspective and some from the first person perspective. Now I would like to know which style you prefer. I can write in both, O have no preferance which one I write in. I just want to know what you all think.

I set up a poll for this question, it will end in 30 days.
I love bellies! Round, Soft, hard, Prey filled, food filled, Inflated, or Pregnancy, so long as it is big and round. :)

I am a maieusophile are you?

TW
Belly Loving Author

Postby Eka » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:23 pm

Definitely third person. It is just more comfortable to read as a story. But a lot of people want to see story in first person because they want to pretend it is 'them' who are experiencing the event.

This whole thing is like the Human vs Furry debate, to be honest. ^^; The vore community have so many of these "Separation" where people won't want it any way other then their side, on a lot of thing. For someone who lack some understanding, these kinda things making this whole 'community' seem full of 'subborn' or 'rude' people.
Eka
Administrator

Postby TW » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:30 pm

Understandably so. I know it is a rather "controversial" subject. Yet I do want to know. If more people like third person, I will wirte more of my stories from that angle, it does not mean I will ONLY write one way or the other. It just may be that 3 out of 5 stories are third person or something... Thanks for your input Eka.
I love bellies! Round, Soft, hard, Prey filled, food filled, Inflated, or Pregnancy, so long as it is big and round. :)

TW
Belly Loving Author

Postby Ruki » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:34 pm

There's a place for third person stories and there's a place for first. There's an audience for both. Have you ever considered writing a story in second-person? If not, you should at least give it a try. It might be horribly horribly wrong from a literary standpoint, but I always did love those Choose Your Own Adventure books when I was younger.
Ruki
Been posting for a bit

:)

Postby Journeyman » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:36 pm

@ Ruki:
If you still love choose-your-own adventures, make sure you check out writing.com's interactive stories. There's lot's of vore stories! In fact, I think there was a post here a while back listing some of the best ones...
Journeyman
Advanced Vorarephile

writing

Postby Chrisis » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:38 pm

Yes for examples, look at writing.com the vore stories there are often in second person
Chrisis
The eternal procrastinator

Postby CerberusTheHitman » Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:02 am

They are both good. But most seem to be 3rd. So a few more 1st might be nice. Although I never read any of your stories, and am now interested in reading them!
CerberusTheHitman
Somewhat familiar

Samantha Weltzin (Humbug)

Postby Humbug » Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:40 am

Creative writing is just that: creative. The best stories are whatever your mood at the time takes you into. If you write for a target audience, make sure you don't forget yourself in the process. Otherwise it's worse for all.
-Advice from an English major
Humbug
---

Re: Samantha Weltzin (Humbug)

Postby TW » Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:47 am

Humbug wrote:Creative writing is just that: creative. The best stories are whatever your mood at the time takes you into. If you write for a target audience, make sure you don't forget yourself in the process. Otherwise it's worse for all.
-Advice from an English major

Yeah, Well, I am happy when my fans are happy. If a particular perspective makes them happy, I will try and write from it more often. ^_^

On a side note. Thank you to everyone for giving me your opinion. ^_^

TW
Belly Loving Author

Postby Kaoru » Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:13 am

Ruki wrote:There's a place for third person stories and there's a place for first. There's an audience for both. Have you ever considered writing a story in second-person? If not, you should at least give it a try. It might be horribly horribly wrong from a literary standpoint, but I always did love those Choose Your Own Adventure books when I was younger.

Totally off-topic, but I still love them, even if they're rather childish to me now. ...And even if I cheated sometimes. :oops: :wink:
As for my advice, I agree with Ruki, and suggest you just find out what works for you. Don't stick to it exclusively, experiment, but don't try to force yourself into a mold that doesn't fit!

P.S.: Props to Humbug, Eka, and everyone else who so beat me to the punch. :P
"It is better to die for an idea that will live, than to live for an idea that will die." ~ Steve Biko
And Now Whatever Way Our Stories End, I Know You Have Re-Written Mine - By Being My Friend.
-To Paul
Kaoru
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Silky » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:36 pm

Just my two cents. In my stories I find first person allows the reader to get into the psycology of the person telling the story. It works for a story where a limited number of characters (like two) participate. It also feels more intimate if that fits the mood of the story. Great for personal flashback type of stories: 'This happened to me...'.

On stories where I've had four or more characters, it was more advantageous to have a more godlike view. Third person then allows you to float from character to character and describe the action or what they are feeling in a manner that I find more easy to digest (har!). Anima does this in his stories to good effect.
Silky
Somewhat familiar

Postby Silky » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:07 pm

Oops...meant to say Arilin's stories... :oops:
Silky
Somewhat familiar

Postby Eka » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:47 pm

Not enough people is putting their opinion down. I think I'm making this a site wide poll.

Just look to your left to vote, or here:
http://aryion.com/modules.php?name=Opros&f_id=26

result will be seen here
http://aryion.com/modules.php?name=Opro ... 26&op=stat
Eka
Administrator

Postby SeruOmen » Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:09 pm

I think third person view tends to work better as far as vore goes- that way, you get the point of view from both the pred and the prey. But that's just personal opinion- a story can be well written no matter what point of view it is in.
SeruOmen
I like sword

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:53 pm

Eka wrote:Not enough people is putting their opinion down. I think I'm making this a site wide poll.

Just look to your left to vote, or here:
http://aryion.com/modules.php?name=Opros&f_id=26

result will be seen here
http://aryion.com/modules.php?name=Opro ... 26&op=stat

HAHA I think it is rather funny that this thread was getting so much attention that a site wide poll was needed. Though I must say I am happy to see people posting. Thanks for keeping the eye out Miss Eka.

Postby TW » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:59 pm

Ooops. Forgot to log in. Last post was mine. :oops:

TW
Belly Loving Author

Postby Jack » Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:19 am

And this one is going to be mine. *grabs for it*

I personally think, that the third person view is going to be better. If the story is written in first person, I'll be set to one special person. Of course, you may write each scene several times, one for each actor, but this will be a little bit... bloviated (? not sure for the correct word). If third person is used, I will be able to switch between the actors as I like.
But... 'cause I like third person _much_ more then first, this might be a little bit less objective.
Tranquility breeds strength.
Jack
Intermediate Vorarephile

Return to Artists Valley