Anyone remember this book? (it had safe dragon maw things)

Formerly called "Extra softvore". Which imply vore that are generally safe. In additional for this particular form, we accept worksafe only material, that means no violent and no sexual contain allowed here. See forum's sticky before posting please!
Forum rules
Cause of this section. See here

Formerly called "Extra softvore". Which imply vore that are generally safe. In additional for this particular form, we accept worksafe only material, that means no violent and no sexual contain (ie. No blood, no scat, no digestion, etc) allowed here. See forum's sticky before posting please!

Read them in detail here

Anyone remember this book? (it had safe dragon maw things)

Postby SpiderMilkshake » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:09 am

I've spent about six months total, on and off, trying to remember the name of this one children's book I really connected with, and failing to recall the title. XD

It was probably the very first time in my childhood that I really looked at something that I understood to be a fantasy "something eats something alive" scenario and went "YEP. This is a thing I love to see." I can even recall some of the illustrations (the one with the vore most strongly XD figures) faintly too, but not the title. Which is a shame because I'd really love to find a copy of it and relive some fond memories.

The basic premise of the book was that there was this large, serpentine dragon living in the old subways, tunnels, and crawlspaces underneath New York City, most specifically underneath Chinatown. There was a knight character who meets this young boy and explains to him that his order used to hunt down dragons, but it had resulted in cool magical things becoming more scarce, so now the order was out to protect dragons and other magical beings. So the knight enlists this boy's help, they track down the dragon (who is rather friendly, and also vegetarian X3) and have some shenanigans go down. The dragon is surviving on bean sprouts and hydroponic gardens in Chinatown, which the residents (especially the restaurateurs) are getting enraged about. Long story short, one of the last scenes in the book is when this angry mob has cornered the boy and the dragon, and the boy tries to bargain for the dragon's safety by offering to enlist the dragon to dig precious gems to pay for the veggies, to do work and help repair old tunnels, and all sorts of other things. The mob accepts all of these terms but still think the dragon is inherently dangerous, and will attack and eat people.

XD So this kid, pulling the most preyish trust-move in the world, proves the mob wrong by, uh, prying the dragon's mouth open and stepping inside. That page had a very large, lovely illustration on it, and it made me super-happy. Teeth, tongue, a little drool, and a boy in the dragon's maw showing off to a crowd of stunned spectators.

Trouble is, I can't remember the name of the book so that I can seek it out and share it. XD Does anyone remember a children's book like this? I'd be eternally grateful if you could end my search!
"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."-W.C. Fields
Non-Fatal Vore Artist~Why Be Eaten Just Once?
SpiderMilkshake
Been posting for a bit

Re: Anyone remember this book? (it had safe dragon maw thing

Postby delet609hw6bn3296 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:44 pm

I have the same problem looking for this old video of a "Cinderella in different cultures" video, which involved the Cinderella character climbing into a giant frog's mouth so that he could swim her over to an island.
delet609hw6bn3296
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby SpiderMilkshake » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:21 pm

^^ I do faintly remember that being a different part in the story, never saw any video illustrating that though. I might start searching around today and post what I come up with in case I stumble on it.

XD It seems like the best, subtle stuff that really catches people's eye as kids ends up lost to time. Hopefully not forever though!
"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."-W.C. Fields
SpiderMilkshake
Been posting for a bit

Postby SpiderMilkshake » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:51 am

I FINALLY FOUND IT!

This book is The Dragon That Lived Under Manhattan, by E.W. Hildick. XD And I also managed to find an image online of the all-important dragon maw illustration; it's exactly as cool as I remember it.

SpiderMilkshake
Been posting for a bit

Postby MisterEbony » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:04 pm

Remknds me a little of a story from my childhood called Living in W'Ales where a girl misinterpreted the message of a house builder and went to an actual whale to live in his bely.
Voraphile, Furry, Brony, and Gamer.

Shall we play a game?
MisterEbony
???

Postby RedBoggle » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:51 pm

MisterEbony wrote:Remknds me a little of a story from my childhood called Living in W'Ales where a girl misinterpreted the message of a house builder and went to an actual whale to live in his bely.

Here's the pdf of that story:
http://www.unz.org/Pub/WilliamsMabel-1938v02-00032
RedBoggle
Somewhat familiar

Postby MisterEbony » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:00 pm

images.jpeg
images.jpeg (7.78 KiB) Viewed 5859 times

You are awesome!!!!
Voraphile, Furry, Brony, and Gamer.

Shall we play a game?
MisterEbony
???

Postby twlightking » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:16 am

MikeKitty wrote:I have the same problem looking for this old video of a "Cinderella in different cultures" video, which involved the Cinderella character climbing into a giant frog's mouth so that he could swim her over to an island.

i found something that might be it

https://youtu.be/x02b99N30d4?t=1m13s
twlightking
Somewhat familiar

Postby delet609hw6bn3296 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:59 pm

twlightking wrote:
MikeKitty wrote:I have the same problem looking for this old video of a "Cinderella in different cultures" video, which involved the Cinderella character climbing into a giant frog's mouth so that he could swim her over to an island.

i found something that might be it

https://youtu.be/x02b99N30d4?t=1m13s

FUCK ITS BEEN TAKEN OFF

Any other mirrors?
delet609hw6bn3296
Intermediate Vorarephile

Return to Safe vore