Rule for the Safe vore forum!

Formerly called "Extra softvore". Which imply vore that are generally safe. In additional for this particular form, we accept worksafe only material, that means no violent and no sexual contain allowed here. See forum's sticky before posting please!
Forum rules
Cause of this section. See here

Formerly called "Extra softvore". Which imply vore that are generally safe. In additional for this particular form, we accept worksafe only material, that means no violent and no sexual contain (ie. No blood, no scat, no digestion, etc) allowed here. See forum's sticky before posting please!

Read them in detail here

Rule for the Safe vore forum!

Postby Eka » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:53 pm

First and foremost, read the Site rule first~!

Cause of this section. See here

Basically, this section is work safe only. That means No violent, No sex

More rules will surely be added in the future.

To see any other detail, please refer to the cause at the top of this post and the next post.
Last edited by Eka on Thu May 22, 2008 10:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Eka
Administrator

Specifc rules section

Postby Deathworks » Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:57 am

Hi!

This rule thread will be used for both showing the current rules as well as discussing any suggestions for rules changes or additions.

For ease of use, this reply here, will always contain the current version of the detailed rules. If a rule is changed or added, this post you are currently reading will be edited to describe the current situation correctly.

1. General Nature of this Section and the Contributions

This section is dedicated to catering to the more sensitive members of the communities visiting Eka's Portal. Because of that, when compared to the other sections, it is heavily restricted and exceptions are probably only rarely accepted. The aim of this is that people are not offended by unexpectedly meeting material that goes beyond what they can bear. Of course, since this is a vore sub-forum, there are certain aspects that you are expected to be fine with.

Although this forum is located in the Upload section, any kind of contribution that complies with the content rules is welcome, including vore polls and vore discussions of any kind. However, when participating in these, make sure that you do your best to comply with the rules. For instance, if there was a discussion about what vore is to you, and your preferences include also vore variants that are clearly not in compliance with our local rules, please stick only to those aspects of your fetish that are in compliance. There may also be cases where you can use "inside the body" or a similar expression as a vague term hinting at your feelings including more than you are explicitly mentioning, but beyond that, please don't give any specifics.

Finally, while this section is called a "vore" section, it does welcome "endosoma" material as well, provided that that material is in compliance with the forum's rules.

2. Content Rules

2a. Uploads and their kin

As was mentioned above, both vore and endo pictures and stories can be uploaded to this forum.

However, these uploads must comply with the following do's and don't's:

No Sexual Content beyond Kissing for example masturbation or sexual intercourse.

No Uncensored or Full Frontal Nudity

No Chewing of any sentient or living creatures

No Digestion of any sentient or living creatures

No Severe Injury or Death directly caused by the vore or endo aspect

No announcement of characters to the effect of one of the points above, e.g. "I will digest you!" unless the presented complete work definitely shows that that announcement will not be followed up with the appropriate action, e.g. the prey escapes the predator's stomach before any digestion starts.

No photos of any kind. No exceptions. (The previous exception rule has been removed June 23rd, 2008 in order to avoid confusion)

In addition, underage fictional characters are welcome, although participants are adviced to be especially careful when using them.

No material from paysites

No material that the artist has requested not to be redistributed

Link back to the original site (This rule was officially added October 30th,2007. Any posts before that date are not subjected to it, although copmliance is heartily welcomed.)

2b. Discussions

When participating in or starting discussion, all the rules concerning uploads apply as well. In addition, there are the following rules:

No flaming/attacking of any other vore section
While you may have a discussion about things that trouble you personally, any claims that others are "wrong" are forbidden. Also keep in mind that those preferring harder forms of vore might be ignorant about what you are discussing here because they don't see the need to visit this section, so if you want to discuss things with them, choosing a different location may be better.

No preparation or plotting of so-called "raids" against other vore sections

You agree to the moderators editing your non-story posts if they are not in compliance with the rules. The moderators in turn guarantee that they will do this only if absolutely necessary to protect the rules of this section and that they will try their best to use the most appropriate non-offensive synonym.

Finally, please remember that this is a place for people to come together and relax and have fun together.

Last Edited: June 23rd, 2008

Deathworks
Last edited by Deathworks on Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Deathworks
Innocence and Cuteness!

Re: Specifc rules section

Postby Realities » Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:33 am

Last edited by Realities on Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Realities
Been posting for a bit

A tricky one

Postby Deathworks » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:05 am

Hi!

Yes, these cases can be tricky, so I hope that participants can help clarify things. In my opinion, in these ambiguous cases, if there is nothing else, you can go by the atmosphere. If there is an air of hostility or disdain around the predator, or if the predator explicitly degrades the prey beforehand, I think this may leave a rather bad feeling. If, on the other hand, you have the impression that the predator likes the prey as a person, or if the entire setup is quite cartoony/funny, I don't think people would be troubled.

The main goal of this section is to provide a safe place where people can share things without the viewers feeling uneasy because of sexual or violent content. Therefore, I think that the important thing is whether or not something is causing people to feel uneasy.

I know, this is awfully vague, but as I said, I hope that we can find the best solution for as many people as possible, together.

Deathworks
Deathworks
Innocence and Cuteness!

Re: A tricky one

Postby Shinnigami » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:13 am

Wow, I kinda wish they had this forum back when I was starting to get into vore. Not because I can't handle the violent or the sex stuff (Heck I loves the sex stuff) but it would have been an easier transition into my acceptance of my fetish. Actually, the first official vore story I ever read kinda traumatized me because it had graphic digestion in it (Like graphic to the point of bing a far cry from realism). This I feel will be a good addition for the "vore beginners" if you will.
Shinnigami
---

Postby DragoxDugles » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:41 am

I have one question about this. Eka says that this section should be work safe. Does that mean that mean that everyone in the stories and pics must have clothes on because I am pretty sure that someone who is naked isn't work safe.
Everyone's normal in their own special way.
What Dragox looks like: Dragox
DragoxDugles
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Requiem » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:32 pm

Simple rule of thumb: if you don't think something is work safe, it's not work safe.
"A solid beginning may lead to the perfect ending. Go for it!"--Charles Glover, Power Stone 2
Requiem
Three Pencil Style!
Three Pencil Style!

Postby Norm » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:59 pm

I only really like Vore for the bellies, so It's all good for me ^_^
Norm
Somewhat familiar

Again my opinion

Postby Deathworks » Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:32 am

Hi!

DragoxDugles: Basically, Requiem has it right that, if you already doubt that something is work safe, others probably think so too.

Actually, I have been pondering the nudity question myself. Truth be told, the vore story I just did for torotoro's site (Monster Girl Overview) would have been the perfect candidate to be translated and shared here. However, one of the characters (an underaged mermaid) is in the nude. There is no real interaction with that, it is merely mentioned in the description of the character/situation. And actually, that is just her chest region since, unlike many other erotic depictions of mermaids and nagas, I don't think the genitals should be at human hip location but rather in accordance with the animal part - the important section of which is not visible throughout the story. Actually, removing that from the story wouldn't harm the flow of the story or the plot, but I am still undecided about this. I mean, I would simply not mention her clothes (I really don't believe in adding clothes for the sake of censorship). But right now, I refrain from putting the story up here.

As a rule of thumb, I simply suggest to err on the side of silence here. While we want this section to thrive and as many contributions as possible, the main goal is to guarantee that all visitors have a good time. And with the lofty ideal of being as non-offensive as possible, this means we have to ask contributors to be extra-careful about what they share. Sorry, but I honestly believe that that can't be avoided.

Shinnigami: Thank you for the thumbs up. Traumatized by the first experiences in the communities ... that does sound horribly familiar (T_T) .

Well, let's try to make this section work so that it is really able to welcome newcomers properly.

Deathworks
Deathworks
Innocence and Cuteness!

Re: Again my opinion

Postby Eka » Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:24 pm

Should "nudeness" be a problem in this section then? I really don't know what they means by "Sexual".
Eka
Administrator

Re: Again my opinion

Postby Ciriun » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:55 pm

I would suggest that uncensored or full-frontal nudity not be allowed. However, if the certain areas (chest on females, between the legs for both genders) are somehow obscured it should be safe. (i.e. hair in the way, legs placed to cover it, ect)

I'd also add no detailed violence, but again that's just personal preference. Think Disney, but with more people eating each other.
Proudly using words like sugar, sauce, candy, sucker, milkshake, and cherry without any double meaning.
Ciriun
Somewhat familiar

Additions

Postby Deathworks » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:14 am

Hi!

I added nudity to the "Don'ts" and kind of clarified (ar at least tried to) sexual content.

Sorry about being so slow on supporting this section, but my current activity at the Monster Girl Overview site is really keeping me pre-occupied.

Ciriun: As for sharing your art, please do so, if you can. The ice is not broken for this section yet, and besides, I don't think your picture can be as bad as you keep saying.

Deathworks
Deathworks
Innocence and Cuteness!

March 24th

Postby Deathworks » Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:09 am

Hi!

Added a clarification about photos together with a link to the real life photo thread.

Deathworks
Deathworks
Innocence and Cuteness!

Re: March 24th

Postby jerberjer » Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:06 pm

Question

It looks like things like x-ray shots might be on the fence here. Are they allowed here, as long as they aren't full of acids and all the flesh eating crap? because that sounds just like what I'm looking for.
jerberjer
Somewhat familiar

I hope for Ciriun's opinion as well

Postby Deathworks » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:20 am

Hi!

Jerberjer: I assume you are talking about real x-rays, like the ones that showed up in one of the threads concerning pelicans eating pidgeons.

First of all, I would believe that these are effectively real life photos, only that an unorthodox method was used. So they would belong in the real life photo thread and may not contain any humans.

In addition, you are right that they may not show any pain or injury.

If you mean cut-away drawings, though, like most of the Despair Game stuff by Camel, they would basically be allowed, provided they abide by the rules. Camel's Despair Game drawings would actually be NG here because of two reasons: Nudity, Digestive Process (even though Camel rarely shows the prey's body dissolving, he does show her clothes melting away, which would already be a very strong implication of pain and death and thus not be allowed here.)

This may sound like a cheap ad, but for illustration reasons, I would like to point to my own drawing Fun games with Megumi-chan, which is probably the most extreme that would still be allowed here.

Please note that this is just my interpretation and since Ciriun actually has a better understanding for some of the finer aspects, I hope we can have his opinion on this as well.

Deathworks
Deathworks
Innocence and Cuteness!

Re: I hope for Ciriun's opinion as well

Postby jerberjer » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:10 pm

I meant the cutaways. I'm not so much into Real life photographs. Just the toony stuff
jerberjer
Somewhat familiar

Postby Ciriun » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:02 pm

Yes, Deathworks has the right idea for both x-rays and cutaways, I'd say just go with that. No digesting, no full frontal nudity, etc.

I actually have a few questions myself that I'd like to bring up.

1. Would mental torture be permitted here? For example, a pred purposefully scaring their prey.

2. What do you think of a thread to discuss bad experiences with Vore? I see it as being something like a support group, but others may think of it as attacking the less gentle forms of vore.
Proudly using words like sugar, sauce, candy, sucker, milkshake, and cherry without any double meaning.
Ciriun
Somewhat familiar

Postby Eka » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:57 pm

Ciriun wrote:I actually have a few questions myself that I'd like to bring up.

1. Would mental torture be permitted here? For example, a pred purposefully scaring their prey.

If scaring someone is ok, imply digestion/death would also have to be ok. We have to have make the different between whether we are ok with them simply not happening. If that is the case, a lot of material could be here. Since they never actually took place and everyone are free to imagine any mentioning of them simply a scare tactic.

Ciriun wrote:2. What do you think of a thread to discuss bad experiences with Vore? I see it as being something like a support group, but others may think of it as attacking the less gentle forms of vore.

Bad experience with vore is ok, but I don't see why it need to be here. General vore discussion seem a much better choice. Every form of vore can have bad experience equally, not just the extra soft folks.
Eka
Administrator

My thoughts

Postby Deathworks » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:41 am

Hi!

I don't think mental torture would be okay as part of vore here. It can be a plot device in the background story, like for instance a villain threatening to attack and kill friends of the main character and the main character than turning into a giantess and swallowing the friends to shield them from the attack, but if the predator becomes sadistic, you are crossing a line. People underestimate the impact of mental torture. It is just as bad, maybe even worse than physical torture. One commonly known form of real life mental torture are fake executions. The prisoner is brought to an execution site, then a gun is pushed against the back of his head, so he can feel it. The torturer then derides him and says the usual stuff you would expect before he kills him. Then the torturer pulls the trigger - and the gun goes "klick" because it is actually not loaded. Believe me, that is a good way to traumatize people. Another variant of this that British grandparents may talk about are the Jericho trumpets of the German Stuka in WWII. The Stuka were small bombers designed to go into a rapid dive when delivering their payload. When they started the dive, the pilots activate a loud sirene, so that the people in the bomb shelters could hear a loud howling noise approaching. They knew that that howling noise meant that a bomb was approaching that could kill them if it hit the building they were in. And the sound grew louder and louder as it approached...

In other words, mental torture is really bad news, so I suggest we leave it out of things here. Personally, I would put it in the category psychological injury and pain.

About the thread discussing bad experiences, I would like to quote my Your Thoughts on Vore - Extra Soft Edition thread:

In addition, this thread is also open to your comments on the vore community in general. However, as was stated in the rules, this is not the place to flame or attack people.

Instead, you can tell us about the impressions you personally had/your personal feelings about other forms of vore. You can also tell us about incidents that made you feel bad about vore.

So, I actually already created such a thread because I agree with Ciriun that it is necessary here. The point is, if you put up such a thread in the General Vore section people may be afraid to post there about their bad experiences because they are afraid of being called unreasonable or being attacked. Here, the knowledge that this is a section dedicated to their preferences may help them overcome that fear and openly talk about what bothers them.

Deathworks
Deathworks
Innocence and Cuteness!

Copyright Rules

Postby Deathworks » Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:46 am

Hi!

I know I should have moved the discussion here ages ago, but I somehow missed the timing. Anyhow, I am petitioning for adding slightly tougher rules for redistribution within this subsection. Ciriun offered a good suggestion for them namely:

1. No material from paysites
2. No material that the artist has requested not to be redistributed
3. Link back to the original site

Personally, I think that these are not unreasonable demands but rather what respectful treatment of fellow artists would require us to do.

A lot of the argument has taken place in Ciriun's Comics thread, so I advice you to check up on the information that has been provided there. However, please do not continue the discussion there, but rather put any new statements up here in this thread, thank you.

Even though the above suggestion for the rules is something Ciriun and I have agreed upon, I want to make sure that people understand that we are not making additional rules for their own sake, but rather because we consider them necessary for the community's sake.

Deathworks
Deathworks
Innocence and Cuteness!

Next

Return to Safe vore