VoreCraft, A Vanilla 1.20.4 Minecraft vore server Info&IP

Forum for our dedicated Vore themed Minecraft server, more details [url=https://aryion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=43179]here[/url]

Moderator: Vorecraft

Re: VoreCraft, A Vanilla 1.8.+ Minecraft vore server NEW MPM

Postby LiekosSilver » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:04 am

ah ok ^_^
LiekosSilver
New to the forum

Postby Artemis » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:19 pm

While we're waiting...

I looked at the poll and I feel like tummy lumps (or animated tummy lumps) would be the best quality-of-kink improvement for the server right now.

Animated swallowing is nice, but it only lasts a second or two and then you forget it until the next time you vore someone. Considering how much work it would be, you aren't really getting the most bang or your buck. Y'know?

And as I've mentioned before, I honestly don't think we need MPM cocks and vaginas or whatever. The ability to passively flaunt your junk at people contradicts the "respect people's preferences" rule and would easily convince some of us to uninstall/turn off MPM if it were implemented. The feature has more potential to do harm by dividing the community than good.

Finally... to be honest I have no idea what the vore beta plugin entails, though it sounds exciting knowing what little I've heard. =o
Artemis
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby doomrider012345 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:56 am

Artemis wrote:While we're waiting...

I looked at the poll and I feel like tummy lumps (or animated tummy lumps) would be the best quality-of-kink improvement for the server right now.

Animated swallowing is nice, but it only lasts a second or two and then you forget it until the next time you vore someone. Considering how much work it would be, you aren't really getting the most bang or your buck. Y'know?

And as I've mentioned before, I honestly don't think we need MPM cocks and vaginas or whatever. The ability to passively flaunt your junk at people contradicts the "respect people's preferences" rule and would easily convince some of us to uninstall/turn off MPM if it were implemented. The feature has more potential to do harm by dividing the community than good.

Finally... to be honest I have no idea what the vore beta plugin entails, though it sounds exciting knowing what little I've heard. =o

I agree with them, I'm not really a fan of CV, and I would prefer to not see people waving their junk around if I could avoid it... It can make things a lot more awkward too...
Maybe in the future if a hide/show button was made...
doomrider012345
Been posting for a bit

Postby LiekosSilver » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:55 pm

Sever is having a stroke again xD
something is booting us off as we join
LiekosSilver
New to the forum

Postby Potato » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:28 pm

LiekosSilver wrote:Sever is having a stroke again xD
something is booting us off as we join

Yep, server ran out of hdd space, had to delete the dynmap. and restore a chunk from backup.
It's all good now tho :D
Potato
Vorecraft Mod

Postby LiekosSilver » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:33 pm

awesome
LiekosSilver
New to the forum

Postby Artemis » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:16 pm

doomrider012345 wrote:Maybe in the future if a hide/show button was made...

There's a couple of obstacles with this idea.

MPM currently does not have any function for hiding certain features on others or even turning itself off on demand, so that entire function would have to be coded from the ground up.

MPM is also already a pretty unreliable mod. There are already issues with it displaying the wrong stuff on people, usually either failing to display stuff or displaying out-of-date stuff. These kinds of bugs and mod limitations would possibly impact the function of a hide/show button.

Even if you did have a non-buggy hide/show button, which would impress me personally, you're still left with this situation where people are passively initiating sexual encounters with others and other people have to opt out of those encounters instead of opting in. See, even if you do turn dongs and cooters off on your end other people won't necessarily know that and that's going to result in at least a few very awkward exchanges. ("Hey bro, like my hyper dong?" "...")
Artemis
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Catzalot » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:02 pm

Artemis wrote:
doomrider012345 wrote:Maybe in the future if a hide/show button was made...

There's a couple of obstacles with this idea.

MPM currently does not have any function for hiding certain features on others or even turning itself off on demand, so that entire function would have to be coded from the ground up.

MPM is also already a pretty unreliable mod. There are already issues with it displaying the wrong stuff on people, usually either failing to display stuff or displaying out-of-date stuff. These kinds of bugs and mod limitations would possibly impact the function of a hide/show button.

Even if you did have a non-buggy hide/show button, which would impress me personally, you're still left with this situation where people are passively initiating sexual encounters with others and other people have to opt out of those encounters instead of opting in. See, even if you do turn dongs and cooters off on your end other people won't necessarily know that and that's going to result in at least a few very awkward exchanges. ("Hey bro, like my hyper dong?" "...")

What if the default state in the MPM was to have the genitals off? That way it was an Opt in?

Your "MPM is buggy" point isn't very valid, as the /vo plugin is buggy, and I could easily see someone getting vored when set to pred. Heck, Earlier today someone was being swallowed while a pred thanks to /vo eatme not toggling off when they did /vo stopand then /go pred.

People have already complained about RPing in global, so how is that less awkward then someone asking you about Genitalia?

And finally, should we really disallow everyone from using a potentially good feature because it might upset others? Why have the option to digest? Couldn't it upset some people?

It's not even like I plan on using said feature myself, neither of my two Chars would have a use for it. But I think we shouldn't outright ban the concept without looking at ways to alleviate problems.
Catzalot
Been posting for a bit

Postby Artemis » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:59 am

Catzalot wrote:What if the default state in the MPM was to have the genitals off? That way it was an Opt in?
That's not really opt in. People are still going to show their genitals to you, you're just opting out of seeing them. Opt-In would be if nobody's genitals displayed unless everyone involved agreed on it. Say if there was a command to request to show someone your MPM genitals. That would be opt-in. The problem is the idea of passively initiating a sexual encounter without asking permission first.

Catzalot wrote:Your "MPM is buggy" point isn't very valid
I've seen more people trying to figure out what's wrong with MPM than any other plugin.

Catzalot wrote:And finally, should we really disallow everyone from using a potentially good feature because it might upset others?
We already set the precedent for that when we asked people to start taking RPs to private.
Artemis
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby chibi-wolfy » Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:40 am

Speaking on the subject of MPM, do we even have permission to modify it for kink purposes? I'm honestly curious because I haven't really been keeping up with it - I don't know if the source code was ever released, or if the original author would be comfortable with the thought of some weird-ass vorarephiles tinkering with it. Or if there's a grey area and trying to type posts late at night is making me dumb. ._.
chibi-wolfy
Somewhat familiar

Postby LiekosSilver » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:45 am

anywhere i can post suggestions o.o
LiekosSilver
New to the forum

Postby dasamppa » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:03 am

Just a squishy, teasy sea serpent
dasamppa
Been posting for a bit

Postby Mustelid » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:53 am

Is there someplace I can readup on this mod/plugin before logging in for the first time and becoming overwhelmed?
[Curls up on a huge pet bed and looks upto you with a huff] What? ... its the end of the post ... Im taking a nap ^_^
Mustelid
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Catzalot » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:36 am

Artemis wrote:
Catzalot wrote:What if the default state in the MPM was to have the genitals off? That way it was an Opt in?
That's not really opt in. People are still going to show their genitals to you, you're just opting out of seeing them. Opt-In would be if nobody's genitals displayed unless everyone involved agreed on it. Say if there was a command to request to show someone your MPM genitals. That would be opt-in. The problem is the idea of passively initiating a sexual encounter without asking permission first.

Catzalot wrote:Your "MPM is buggy" point isn't very valid
I've seen more people trying to figure out what's wrong with MPM than any other plugin.

Catzalot wrote:And finally, should we really disallow everyone from using a potentially good feature because it might upset others?
We already set the precedent for that when we asked people to start taking RPs to private.

First, I said that the genitals would be off by default, meaning you'd have to activate to SEE them, not to have on your model. Making it a definate Opt in, and not an Opt Out.

Second, Then we have reached an impasse, because I have only twice seen people have problems with MPM, but have seen /vo mess up more times then I can count on two hands.

Third, No, we ASK people to go into Private for RPs, we don't mandate and ban RP's. That's the difference between what you are proposing and what we do with RPing.
Catzalot
Been posting for a bit

Postby Artemis » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:08 pm

Catzalot wrote:First, I said that the genitals would be off by default, meaning you'd have to activate to SEE them, not to have on your model. Making it a definite Opt in

Artemis, having already addressed this, wrote:That's not really opt in. People are still going to show their genitals to you, you're just opting out of seeing them. Opt-In would be if nobody's genitals displayed unless everyone involved agreed on it. Say if there was a command to request to show someone your MPM genitals. That would be opt-in. The problem is the idea of passively initiating a sexual encounter without asking permission first.

Catzalot wrote:Third, No, we ASK people to go into Private for RPs, we don't mandate and ban RP's.

Artemis, having said absolutely nothing about mandating and banning RP, wrote:We already set the precedent for that (Restricting users sexual interactions) when we asked people to start taking RPs to private.

All that's being asked is that you get consent before putting your dick in someone's face. A show/hide button doesn't work as consent because other people won't necessarily know that you have genitals turned off. There needs to be a "Want to see my genitals bro?" "Yes/No" exchange between users if this mod is ever going to become a thing. Maybe there could be some sort of list that keeps track of who has given you permission so that you don't necessarily have to ask every time.

Though regardless of development issues, I still believe all of the other options are a better bang for our buck strictly because they serve to benefit everyone, or almost everyone, instead of one specific crowd.
Last edited by Artemis on Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Artemis
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Catzalot » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:28 pm

I wouldn't exactly call Genitals a niche thing on a fetish server. And why do we NEED a "can I show you my junk?" button? That's like saying that you need a "Can I talk in global" button instead of having an ignore feature. I don't see how toggling the ability to view something isn't consenting to viewing said thing. That doesn't make sense. If you don't want to see genitals, why would you have the toggle on?

Once again, i wouldn't even use this feature, but I don't see why you are so vehemently against it. Especially for someone who fought against the removal of child interaction in the Devourment mod.
Or is it only "Kink shaming" if you are the one being denied a feature?
Catzalot
Been posting for a bit

Postby Artemis » Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:06 pm

Catzalot wrote:And why do we NEED a "can I show you my junk?" button?

That's a reasonable question. Why would we ever need to get consent on a sexual server? :roll:

Catzalot wrote:Or is it only "Kink shaming" if you are the one being denied a feature?

Skyrim is a single player game. I shouldn't need to explain to you why it is irrelevant to a conversation about consent. This is getting ridiculous.

You have a knack for marginalizing people and painting them as overly sensitive gits for not sharing your fetish. This isn't the first time you've broken out this shitty attitude either. I will be speaking to Cookie myself regarding consent concerns, putting an end to this argument. You need to stop marginalizing people though. If I see you doing that to anyone on any server related threads or on the server I'm just going to go straight to the mods and ask them to speak to you. I'm not doing this again.
Artemis
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Catzalot » Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:50 pm

Artemis wrote:
Catzalot wrote:And why do we NEED a "can I show you my junk?" button?

That's a reasonable question. Why would we ever need to get consent on a sexual server? :roll:

Catzalot wrote:Or is it only "Kink shaming" if you are the one being denied a feature?

Skyrim is a single player game. I shouldn't need to explain to you why it is irrelevant to a conversation about consent. This is getting ridiculous.

You have a knack for marginalizing people and painting them as overly sensitive gits for not sharing your fetish. This isn't the first time you've broken out this shitty attitude either. I will be speaking to Cookie myself regarding consent concerns, putting an end to this argument. You need to stop marginalizing people though. If I see you doing that to anyone on any server related threads or on the server I'm just going to go straight to the mods and ask them to speak to you. I'm not doing this again.

FIrst off, you ignored almost the entirety of my arguement relating to the "can I show you my junk" button.

And second off, MY FETISH? I don't plan on using the feature! I don't see how it's MY fetish!

Third off, I'm not freaking out or "marginalizing" anyone. Throwing buzzwords at your problems doesn't make them go away.
Catzalot
Been posting for a bit

Postby wierdo2000 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:56 pm

guys guys guys, calm down, its not like we are getting the mod out by tommorow, the eta is a year from now with all the feature enabled, by then i bet we can implement a hide parts button or something!
i added an "nsfw" vote aswell, if there are a lot of ppl voting for it, then we will have a more sexual server. ppl choose. democracy
wierdo2000
Somewhat familiar

Postby Artemis » Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:33 pm

Catzalot wrote:buzzwords
You've uncovered my conspiracy to confuse you with scary sounding words. :silly:

To recap, Night, the issue with a 'hide button' is that nobody else would know if you're hiding genitals, because they don't have to ask, which prevents it from functioning as consent. People will still approach you assuming you aren't, because we're dumb like that. I suggested the idea of a command that prompts other people with a "Do you want to see X player's genitals?" dialogue, sort of like how /tpa and /tpahere works. That would function as consent because the player has to ask to show off their NSFW stuff and the other players have to accept it.

Could you maybe pass those concerns/ideas on to Cookie for me, so that I don't have to hunt him down? ='D
Artemis
Advanced Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vorecraft