[LF] Someone With Know How In Crafting [2D Games]

This forum is for people who are hiring artist, writer, animator, various other project for commission. All site rules still apply. Please mark your post completed or delete it once it is done.

Artists recommendation before accepting commission, check for poster reputation. If they don't seem active, new account etc, You should do the following:

1. NEVER do free spec work without payment first...not even simple "test" sketches.
2. ALWAYS have a clear and detail mutual agreement
3. ALWAYS ask for half payment upfront before you do any work at all
4. NEVER send final artwork until you have received final payment
5. Check #blacklist for information on scam related activity in our discord viewtopic.php?f=99&t=55569

Forum rules
This forum is for people who are hiring artist, writer, animator, various other project for commission. All site rules still apply. Please mark your post completed or delete it once it is done.

Artists recommendation before accepting commission, check for poster reputation. If they don't seem active, new account etc, You should do the following:

1. NEVER do free spec work without payment first...not even simple "test" sketches.
2. ALWAYS have a clear and detail mutual agreement
3. ALWAYS ask for half payment upfront before you do any work at all
4. NEVER send final artwork until you have received final payment
5. Check #blacklist for information on scam related activity in our discord viewtopic.php?f=99&t=55569

[LF] Someone With Know How In Crafting [2D Games]

Postby TheOverlordz » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:49 am

I am looking for someone with the know-how to craft 2D clicker/management style game's. Preferably someone that has an interest in the material this site is known for. (Vore, Gore, Guro, Snuff, Cannibalism, Etc.) To start a passion project with. Of course this is not required, just a willingness to work with these themes would suffice.

To be upfront, I have no Artistic skill, nor do I possess any skills that would be useful in creating the inner workings of the game itself.

With that out of the way, I hope some of you are still around to hear me out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Preface: (Skippable)
I have, like many others, watched a myriad of movies and shows, both live action and anime/animated. As well as played many, many games in my life. This in combination with my, tastes, that have developed over a long period of time. Has, for a while now, sparked a yearning to play a game. A specific game. But this game does not exist. And that is why I am here. To, if I get lucky, find someone/someone's to help me bring that dream to reality.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The first game I wish to bring to life would be created in segments. The first segment to be made would be able to stand on its own, and be enjoyed for what it is. However I would wish to expand upon it over time. (Finances permitting.)

This is an example, of course it would more than likely change should someone show interest, and we discuss the project in the required detail.

1st Segment:
The Player manages a small Vore Restaurant in which they must take orders from customers, and fulfill those orders by buying, butchering/preparing/cooking, and delivering the finished orders to the right customers. As wealth and renown is gained, the player will be able to buy staff to automate parts of the process. (Until it is nearly all out of the players hands. This allows the free hands to be used in other, more important endeavors.) The wealth also allows the player to afford more expensive, higher grade meat animals to be served. (There is, in my mind, a near endless amount of mini games that could be implemented. While also being optional after a while.) Example being a minigame where customers can offer themselves to the restaurant, for various reasons, to be served. However in order to get the, to be, meat animals to sign on the dotted lines. You must get their mind to a state that it wouldn't be thinking straight.

1st Update:
This update will focus on allowing the player to expand the restaurant, adding some customization options. Such as furniture, floor, and wall decorations.

2nd Update:
In this update, the player will gain the ability to purchase neighboring plots in order to increase the size of the restaurant, thus increasing the income. This will also expand on the type of activities the Player can partake in.

3rd Update:
The theme of this update will be the calendar. Adding a day/night cycle, as well allowing the player to close the restaurant by placing it on a set schedule will allow for the customization of the play space.

{At this point I would heavily consider monetizing future content. Simply for the purpose of being able to continue development.}

2nd Segment:
In this segment, the Player gains the ability to purchase a farm/farms for the purpose of raising, breeding, and training meat animals as well as staff for all the player owned properties. Not to mention the variety of meat animals and their byproducts.

3rd Segment:
The next major feature would see the player gain the ability to open a Zoo. Utilizing contractors, or your own teams, to hunt and capture rare meat animals to breed, train, and consume. (Lamias, Fairies, Mermaids, Etc.) As well as unique predator species, such as carnivorous plants, Sharks, Lions, Hyena's, Etc. (There would be a large pool of new content to add over time. Obviously.)

I could go on, however I feel this gives just enough of an Idea to any potential interested parties considering the project to contact me.

Thank-you for your time! And I would like anyone's and everyone's feedback. Would you play such a game? Why or why does it not interest you? What features/content would have to be present for you to play it?

And of course, you all may now crush my long held hopes and dreams! Ready! Jet! GO!
TheOverlordz
New to the forum

Re: [LF] Someone With Know How In Crafting [2D Games]

Postby Chessa » Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:24 pm

I'm not interested but I have a bit of info that'd be helpful anyhoo -- Godot seems perfectly fit to make this into a game, and it has a wealth of tutorials and guides available online for how to get started on a simulation/strategy themed game. Near everything you said in the post is rudimentary level in complexity for the engine.
Join the Discord for my game here: https://discord.gg/Ua3duEUqg

Support me on Patreon here!: https://www.patreon.com/user/membership?u=51030251
Chessa
Somewhat familiar

Postby TheOverlordz » Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:37 am

Chessa wrote:I'm not interested but I have a bit of info that'd be helpful anyhoo -- Godot seems perfectly fit to make this into a game, and it has a wealth of tutorials and guides available online for how to get started on a simulation/strategy themed game. Near everything you said in the post is rudimentary level in complexity for the engine.

I have looked into this. And you are right. Thank-you for bringing this to my attention! (Would be nice to have someone to go on this journey with, but at least I am getting close to making it myself.)
TheOverlordz
New to the forum

Postby Chessa » Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:23 pm

TheOverlordz wrote:
Chessa wrote:I'm not interested but I have a bit of info that'd be helpful anyhoo -- Godot seems perfectly fit to make this into a game, and it has a wealth of tutorials and guides available online for how to get started on a simulation/strategy themed game. Near everything you said in the post is rudimentary level in complexity for the engine.

I have looked into this. And you are right. Thank-you for bringing this to my attention! (Would be nice to have someone to go on this journey with, but at least I am getting close to making it myself.)

I can help a little more too, the Dialogic plugin for Godot helps you make a visual novel-style. You can set money conditionals for things, use it to buy items, subtract money from it that way. Buying the item sets a variable to 1, unlocking more decisions/locations. Basically, you could probably make the whole thing through Dialogic if you wanted -- but you'd need visuals and stuff.

If you need anymore help, feel free to ping me/quote me here, I can share tutorials and stuff.
Join the Discord for my game here: https://discord.gg/Ua3duEUqg

Support me on Patreon here!: https://www.patreon.com/user/membership?u=51030251
Chessa
Somewhat familiar

Return to Hiring for commission