Commission by Animagra (artist received the money and gone)

This forum is for people who are hiring artist, writer, animator, various other project for commission. All site rules still apply. Please mark your post completed or delete it once it is done.

Artists recommendation before accepting commission, check for poster reputation. If they don't seem active, new account etc, You should do the following:

1. NEVER do free spec work without payment first...not even simple "test" sketches.
2. ALWAYS have a clear and detail mutual agreement
3. ALWAYS ask for half payment upfront before you do any work at all
4. NEVER send final artwork until you have received final payment
5. Check #blacklist for information on scam related activity in our discord viewtopic.php?f=99&t=55569

Forum rules
This forum is for people who are hiring artist, writer, animator, various other project for commission. All site rules still apply. Please mark your post completed or delete it once it is done.

Artists recommendation before accepting commission, check for poster reputation. If they don't seem active, new account etc, You should do the following:

1. NEVER do free spec work without payment first...not even simple "test" sketches.
2. ALWAYS have a clear and detail mutual agreement
3. ALWAYS ask for half payment upfront before you do any work at all
4. NEVER send final artwork until you have received final payment
5. Check #blacklist for information on scam related activity in our discord viewtopic.php?f=99&t=55569

Commission by Animagra (artist received the money and gone)

Postby cle0na » Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:55 pm

Hi, I think everyone here must know =/

Once I created a topic here that Im looking for artist to write a story for me, here it is viewtopic.php?f=99&t=56426
Mar 4, 2020 I received this PM from user Animagra ( https://aryion.com/g4/user/Animagra ) :
Writer/Artist
Sent: Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:06 pm
To: cle0na

Hello,

I'd definitely be up for writing your comm. Feel free to have a look at my gallery. :)

Regards,

Kyla

Then we discussed a details and I paid 50£ for commission. Animagra said said that it'll be ready in 2-3 days
Re: Writer/Artist
Sent: Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:38 pm
by Animagra

Friday at the latest :)

Hope that's okay for you-

Kyla

And then we used Discord to chat ( Animagra's Discord account is Kyla#9012 ).Then the coronavirus epidemic started and Animagra said that feels sick and cant work, so I understood everything, 'cause the coronavirus is real problem for whole world... the last message from Animagra was sent to me Mar 25, 2020.
But I was patient and just waited, I saw me in the artist's commission list and saw that Animagra is online very often. 3,5+ months passed...

Now I see that Animagra's account is deleted, and cant send any message to Kyla#9012 in Discord (((

I feel myself fooled like a dumbass =/
cle0na
New to the forum

Re: Commission by Animagra (artist received the money and go

Postby MrAramax » Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:41 pm

wow, that's terrible, i guess is always a risc when making business with strangers, i wish i could help you some how, at least your post helps spreading awareness about this user -_-
From drawing anime characters on the classroom desk to this... not gonna lie, a surprise to be sure but a welcome one
MrAramax
New to the forum

Postby brainstorm » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:34 pm

pfft this done happened to me over 7 or 8 times, mostly over at deviant art a artist come out no where offer services put out enough art work get people attention then just keep taking on loads and loads comission work till get set amount want then just vanish.

It happens, mostly again at deviant art but some artists also tied to here like infamous zhane00.
brainstorm
???

Postby unicorn » Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:00 pm

Yeah this person took my money and disappeared as well. They did say they were going to refund me when i asked, but of course they gave me excuses and then never did, and now they're gone

It happens once in a while unfortunately, but oof, 50£... mine wasn't quite that big a hit at least :S
unicorn
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Riraito » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:23 am

this person also does it the other way around. They'll also commission an artist to do work, then refuse to pay.
They commissioned some stuff from me, and then never paid when it came time to do so. I didn't mind, I'd done work for them before and had been paid enough to cover expenses.

A couple of months go by and I consign the payments as lost, and put Kyla (Animagra) on my personal blacklist.
Then she contacts me out of the blue and asks for a brand new commission. I'm happy to oblige once I've received the payment for the original drawings, and payment up front for the new stuff. I was polite about it. I don't put 'good money after bad' after all. If she didn't want to pay that was fine by me. I just wouldn't make anything new for her.

Not exactly the most graceful under pressure, she chucked an impromptu tantrum, raged about how my art was terrible and not worth paying for (For reference, this was not the first time I'd done work for her... she knew what she was paying for, and I delivered to my usual standard.) Which might have been a form of legitimate argument... if she hadn't returned to ask for me to do more work.

Saw her drawing her own art under the new name animagra, and decided not to bother her over it - I didn't think she was worth the effort.

she also changes her name on Ekas / discord semi regularly (She used to be JadeW33, and her discord used to be Kylaaaa#5111). Keep an eye out for if she returns, and make sure to post her new contact details here in this thread.
The Work to Feed discord already has her on its blacklist.
Riraito
Somewhat familiar

Postby coop500 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:31 am

I was scammed by this person as well, I was meant to write a story for her but once it was done, she said vulgar insults and poofed.
Writer of wholesome fandom M/F vore.
Current character focus: Chris Redfield!
coop500
???

Postby ReptileKing23 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:38 pm

Wow I suspected she was a bitch! But a thief too? That's a fucking cunt for ya ain't it!
ReptileKing23
Somewhat familiar

Postby voresercher » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:05 pm

Damn, sorry to hear that you got scammed like this OP. It really sucks that scammers like this exist in our niche 'little' community.

Riraito wrote:Not exactly the most graceful under pressure, she chucked an impromptu tantrum, raged about how my art was terrible and not worth paying for

Not an artist and I only uploaded one story I wrote here years ago, but I do some miniature painting IRL (sometimes on commission but mostly hobby) so maybe my slight input here is invalid but if I ever got an insult at me like this claiming the work I do is 'terrible and not worth paying for' I would ask them then why the fuck they even asked about commissioning me in the first place if they didn't like the work I did.
voresercher
Somewhat familiar

Postby Riraito » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:40 pm

Its been a while since this happened voresearcher, but I do believe that was a legitimate avenue of inquiry that I intended to follow up on. I was unable to due to the fact that she blocked me almost as soon as I confronted her politely with her previous non-payment. (Immediately after her rant, so that I couldn't reply or engage in conversation of any variety.)

She's a major part of the reason that I now ask for payment in full up front for any work that is commissioned from me. It's not the lack of payment that bothered me (Kyla had actually already paid out several projects for me - so I made my money off her already) It was the flimsy attempt at victim blaming she attempted when I called her on it. Her attempt to make me feel guilty for her not paying me; somehow it was my fault for not delivering on her vision, not her fault for not paying what was agreed upon.

Obviously - awareness of who this individual is when they show up under a different name and discord ID, or on a different site would be good. (And trust me, she will be back under a different name)

Quick rule of thumb - if she's commissioning a story from you - she likes to read it as you're writing it (Through google docs or whatever)
If a client (whatever their name) asks you for that specific thing... ask for payment in full upfront because its probably her. She'll make a lot of noise about never paying up front, but call her on it.
She's fine to deal with so long as you make her pay up front, and don't let her extend a project. Forget that for a moment, and she'll take advantage. Also - a strict no refunds for any reason policy with this person wouldn't go astray... It didn't strike me that it was the first time she's tried the whole - 'your work was crap' shtick to get out of paying.
Riraito
Somewhat familiar

Postby Mad51 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:43 pm

I hope everyone is using paypal to insure you get your money back and are never scammed. Highly recommend. NEVER send it as family. You'll never get scammed by losers like this again.
Mad51
Participator

Postby sharktorok » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:00 pm

I'm sorry to hear that happened to you. I suppose I'm fortunate in that I haven't had a horror story like that happen to me yet..It makes me wonder if it may be worth incorporating some sort of "blacklist" mark on user profiles to prevent this from continuing? It might be a tad overkill, and heaven forbid if you're falsely accused, but it might be worth thinking about.

The me the ideal commission system is half now/half later for smaller projects, and some sort of milestone increments for larger ones (chapters in a story, pages for a comic, etc). As an artist, if you have examples of your work freely available to a potential client, they really have no excuse not to compensate you partially up front to prove they are serious.
sharktorok
Somewhat familiar

Postby AlluringPredation » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:19 pm

This person has been doing this for some time now. At this point I think everyone who has been scammed should trade information and report it to whatever authorities as fraud.

I feel this getting to the levels of criminal considering the level of deception and the amount of individuals involved. With enough information gathered this person could be charged in court.
Discord for artists and those who commission them! https://discord.com/invite/F3UDqqAx53
AlluringPredation
Participator

Postby dork95 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:43 am

She did it to me to for a 10k word story and a comic page and kept playing the “you’re annoying me” card when I’d check with her and she would keep saying “it’ll be ready tonight” for both things and when I’d check with her, she would get all huffy about it and say “stop bothering me and it’ll be done when it’s done” even when she said it would be done that night and she would send them. Then after we started back in March up until just a week ago, (4 months this went on) she would throw a fit and then tried to say “could’ve sworn I emailed them ages ago” and the told her no. Then she got annoyed when I’d messaged her because she wouldn’t respond for days after saying it’ll be tonight.
dork95
Been posting for a bit

Postby AlluringPredation » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:18 pm

What kind of stories/content does this involve? Maybe we can warn the right parts of the community
Discord for artists and those who commission them! https://discord.com/invite/F3UDqqAx53
AlluringPredation
Participator

Postby voresercher » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:28 pm

AlluringPredation wrote:What kind of stories/content does this involve? Maybe we can warn the right parts of the community

I like this idea. Maybe if we can identify some consistencies creators could spot the 'warning signs' of who they might be dealing with and take whatever precautions might be necessary (if they still accept the job at all)
voresercher
Somewhat familiar

Postby DaenerysFan08 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:51 pm

Nasty.
Last edited by DaenerysFan08 on Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
DaenerysFan08
New to the forum

Postby Riraito » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:00 pm

well - I decided to have a bit of a search using some of Animagra's old email addresses that I pulled off their paypal and got a ton of information about this person.

Looks like they have quite a history of this bullshit on Deviantart in the past few years.
This thread is full of information on them
https://forum.deviantart.com/jobs/offers/2492574/
and by linking a known alias (Amyporter25 and Amyporter 23) (Who's art style and preferences fall into line with animagra's)
I was able to come up with this little read
https://www.deviantart.com/disapointing ... -755696534
and this one
https://www.deviantart.com/newevilrisin ... 4595223044

I also weeded out a twitter account
https://twitter.com/amyblackshire20?lang=en

And a few little reads that indicate that they are extremely unrepentant (they actually bragged about how much money they've scammed over the course of their time.

given the amount of scamming this individual / group has done - I'd say that I personally got off lightly (I actually made money from them - and am only a little irate that they bailed on one rather cheap set of images, then had the gall to insult me.)

they have aliases as
Anacondrix - Deviantart
Amy Porter23 and Amy Porter 25 - Deviantart
Kyla Law - Paypal
The Snake Whisperer -
JadeW32 - Ekas
Animagra - Eka's
Jools (nickname?)
Amy Blackshire -fanfiction.net
Georgina Sarkessian - fanfiction.net
(all these I can verify personally as being the same individual)
discord (Many variations of Kylaaaaa, and Kyla Law etc)
The-Xenobiologist (deviant art... the dash is important as theres another thexenobiologist)
Jonty88 - (Deviantart)
Vladistok121 (Deviantart)

Boundaru's posts suggest some possible real world names that he thinks are the scammer. I haven't verified them yet, so I won't repeat them here.. but if you read the links I sent then you'l be able to see them.

Probably United Kingdom based. I have narrowed it down to a few likely cities.

Alluring Predation. I'd suggest with what I've found out about the level and consistency of the fraud perpetrated, that it seems very much like you might be right.
given the fact that the scammer consistently gets tagged as operating out of the UK, I'd suggest reporting to
https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/repor ... yber-crime
Riraito
Somewhat familiar

Postby VaguenessIncoming » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:42 pm

I don't have much to add to this that hasn't been said already, but I wanted to add "Hannah Ellis" to the list of names she has used to scam people.
Check out my work right here. Leave some feedback, it's much appreciated! I also do commissions.

Buy my books!
VaguenessIncoming
Somewhat familiar

Postby balanced-guy » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:47 pm

brainstorm wrote:pfft this done happened to me over 7 or 8 times, mostly over at deviant art a artist come out no where offer services put out enough art work get people attention then just keep taking on loads and loads comission work till get set amount want then just vanish.

It happens, mostly again at deviant art but some artists also tied to here like infamous zhane00.

I remember that name! What was the story there? Did they just up and vanish, out of the blue one day?
balanced-guy
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby sharktorok » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:25 pm

VaguenessIncoming wrote:I don't have much to add to this that hasn't been said already, but I wanted to add "Hannah Ellis" to the list of names she has used to scam people.

No kidding? How to you trace that user to this? I almost did a commission for her; if this is the case then I dodged a bullet.
sharktorok
Somewhat familiar

Next

Return to Hiring for commission