Commission by Animagra (artist received the money and gone)

This forum is for people who are hiring artist, writer, animator, various other project for commission. All site rules still apply. Please mark your post completed or delete it once it is done.

Artists recommendation before accepting commission, check for poster reputation. If they don't seem active, new account etc, You should do the following:

1. NEVER do free spec work without payment first...not even simple "test" sketches.
2. ALWAYS have a clear and detail mutual agreement
3. ALWAYS ask for half payment upfront before you do any work at all
4. NEVER send final artwork until you have received final payment
5. Check #blacklist for information on scam related activity in our discord viewtopic.php?f=99&t=55569

Forum rules
This forum is for people who are hiring artist, writer, animator, various other project for commission. All site rules still apply. Please mark your post completed or delete it once it is done.

Artists recommendation before accepting commission, check for poster reputation. If they don't seem active, new account etc, You should do the following:

1. NEVER do free spec work without payment first...not even simple "test" sketches.
2. ALWAYS have a clear and detail mutual agreement
3. ALWAYS ask for half payment upfront before you do any work at all
4. NEVER send final artwork until you have received final payment
5. Check #blacklist for information on scam related activity in our discord viewtopic.php?f=99&t=55569

Re: Commission by Animagra (artist received the money and go

Postby Riraito » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:15 pm

No kidding? How to you trace that user to this? I almost did a commission for her; if this is the case then I dodged a bullet.

Well - I can confirm that psudonym (Hannah Ellis), they used it for one of the drawings they commissioned off me
https://aryion.com/g4/view/557162
(You got a link to the account that requested from you so we can post it here?)

heres a nice little blog from 2017 on the artist formerly known as the snake whisperer. lets you know the depths of their remorselessness.
https://www.deviantart.com/ajthe90skid/ ... -704683094

Which, of course, linked me back to their fanfiction page
which they have changed from Amy Blackshire.
(I am getting a little amusement out of this)
changed their name to 'Nice try Riraito' on one of their active accounts before burning it of its current contents. Petty... but I got a giggle out of it.
here's the current link so you can have a bit of a laugh yourselves
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7016867/

also heres another old account of theirs on reddit
https://www.reddit.com/user/Anacondrix/

Its also probably worth noting that this individual has previously started up straw-man accounts to harass those that call them out on their bullshit. I'd suggest keeping your eye out for new accounts that they start up.
Judging by their previous actions and willingness to prey on others, I don't expect them to cease any time soon, or of their own volition.
Riraito
Somewhat familiar

Postby Riraito » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:42 pm

can't believe I missed this one
an Eka's portal page thats still up
https://aryion.com/g4/user/JadeW33

has also identified on discord as
Kyla Winters#5111
and
Betty Mors
Kylaaaaa23#5111

most of these profiles are in disuse, but it seems wise to list them. (they seem to jump from profile to profile every other month.)
Riraito
Somewhat familiar

Postby Riraito » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:57 pm

oh - heres one that seems to be still active - posting less than a month ago
https://www.reddit.com/user/Kyla323/
Riraito
Somewhat familiar

Postby bobthemailman21 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:02 pm

The account was online last July 9th, so I don't think they're inactive at all, and likely still preying on other individuals. I'd get admins involved with this ASAP.
bobthemailman21
Been posting for a bit

Postby PhantomWolf » Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:43 am

Animagra? >.> >.> I recognize that NAME!!! That's the bitch that was talking shit on my blog posts about Coronavirus when this all began! I wish I could say I'm surprised that shes a damn scammer. You can't trust someone that believes everything the mainstream media says without doing their own research. >.> Wow! I need to keep tabs on all the false aliases she uses then!
PhantomWolf
Somewhat familiar

Postby SuperKirby » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:48 pm

Oh yeah - I got scammed by Animagra as well, but they covered their tracks before I could report them...

EDIT: Wow, another topic I posted in died instantly. Why am I nowhere near surprised?
SuperKirby
Participator

Postby Angie_Furclad » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:31 pm

Just a word of advice to those paying for things - use paypal. They are fairly good at claim disputes and getting money back. Also don't be afraid to call credit card and demand money back if things are not done/delivered in an agreed upon state.... also if you can, don't pay for it all up front. Learned this the hard way at conventions.
ImageImageImage
Angie_Furclad
Flirtatiouse Feline

Postby Winny » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:28 pm

While my commissions are closed right now, get into the habit of having people pay upfront first. At the very least have people pay half up front and half after completion, also network.

You get a interest for a commission from someone check their account page, see if they have anyone else they have commissioned talk to those people see how it went with them.

Scam artists exist in all communities, it may be a little uncomfortable now to be little heavy handed in protecting yourself but over time you build a trust with repeat commissioners, and you wont find yourself in a shitty place if you do get scammed.
Winny
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby SuperKirby » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:47 pm

I just don’t get it. Why is it that when I try to report something like this, I’m either ignored or insulted? This double standard is inexcusable.
SuperKirby
Participator

Postby PhantomWolf » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:47 pm

SuperKirby wrote:I just don’t get it. Why is it that when I try to report something like this, I’m either ignored or insulted? This double standard is inexcusable.

Care to elucidate? I'm all ears
PhantomWolf
Somewhat familiar

Postby SuperKirby » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:29 am

PhantomWolf wrote:
SuperKirby wrote:I just don’t get it. Why is it that when I try to report something like this, I’m either ignored or insulted? This double standard is inexcusable.

Care to elucidate? I'm all ears

Before this topic even existed, I attempted to let the admins know of Animagra’s scam. But the admins wouldn’t listen to me. Then again, lots of people don’t have enough compassion for that.
SuperKirby
Participator

Postby ReptileKing23 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:45 am

Victims of this little shite, she still uses her page! Last login was three days ago!
ReptileKing23
Somewhat familiar

Postby Borealis » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:51 am

Ah yes I've heard of this person before. I remember someone else talking about them on DA, and said they'd found an instagram (found the thread: https://www.deviantart.com/disapointing ... -755696534) and that was a couple of years back. With their detective work they swear he's a bloke called Julian, and the Amy Porter name and cutesy female persona is a fabrication to suck people in. Some of the sock puppet comments on that thread state it's more than one person and brag about figures extorted.

He's/they've been doing this for years by the sounds of it. I recognise half those sock puppet account names.
Voyager of canine interiors...

In my story gallery, macro feral and anthro fun awaits you...
Borealis
---

Postby thegoodwritersmit » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:30 am

[this comment has been deleted]
thegoodwritersmit
New to the forum

Postby Riraito » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:51 am

well - look at who I found again. can't keep scum down by the looks of things. It only took a few minutes of idle googling to get a hit this time.
good ol animagra setting up shop again at deviant art using a known alias.
https://www.deviantart.com/mrs-peril-writer
It's an old alias of theirs - and the subject matter, and accusative writing style in the blogs match the ol' blowhard's gaslighting perfectly.
Riraito
Somewhat familiar

Postby CFTS » Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:39 pm

I got scammed by that bitch kyla as well! Lost a lot of money thanks to that bitch! Most recent names used on discord are/were Kyla|GBDE#6529 and Kyla|GBDE#9221
CFTS
Somewhat familiar

Postby EloquentOrc » Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:55 am

I believe I have encountered the most recent head of this scam hydra.

I have been contacted by user named Laena33 about doing some art for me. I have never had business with her before and while I was doing my research, I found her profile had made 0 posts and was made in august 2022. Her discord was made in december 2022 which got me suspicious.

Then I came across this thread and noticed the name "Kyla", which is the name on discord and "operating out of Britain" (has british flag on discord) Finally the mail sent for payment is: [email protected]. So yeah, Kyla Law on paypal.

And there are other keywords like Poison Ivy, peril etc. that match up.

Haven't given her any money, but really glad this thread is here or I might have.

Kyla presented herself not active on aryion, thus the inactive aryion profile. Her discord is Kyla|#1438. Her pic is a blonde describing herself like this: https://archiveofourown.org/users/DCFangirlX - Legally Blonde. DC Fangirl. Atheist. Biologist. Fashion-Designer. Artist/Writer. Badminton Player/Professional. Gamer. Violinist. DV Survivor.

Her banner is a bunch of DC heroes. Just some things to look out for.

Thank you to everyone posting in this thread, saved me money and embarassment and I hope this can help warn someone else in the future about this parasite.
EloquentOrc
Somewhat familiar

Postby EloquentOrc » Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:30 pm

So funny thing happened. It has only been 30 minutes since I made the post above and Kyla severed our contact on discord without a word. And deleted all their dialogue in our conversation, so it looks like I was talking to myself.

So yeah, clearly she/he is aware of this thread and are watching it to monitor whenever a profile is discovered. Pretty disturbing how methodical this scamming is honestly.

So Kyla, Julian or whatever the hell your name is, I know you're going to read this. Remember what we talked about shitty people getting money they don't deserve? That is the lovely company you're a part of.

Not that you probably even give a shit, you frigging sociopath. Get therapy, seriously.
EloquentOrc
Somewhat familiar

Postby AlluringPredation » Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:47 pm

If there was never an intention to complete the work that is fraud.
Since it was mentioned their home territory might be UK, consider turning them in if finding yourself a victim; www.actionfraud.police.uk

Reminder to never use friends and family to pay, as that eliminate the ability to chargeback.
Discord for artists and those who commission them! https://discord.com/invite/F3UDqqAx53
AlluringPredation
Participator

Postby CFTS » Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:40 pm

I still have to deal with this pest. Unfortunatly she made €36,669 though me, because I was stupid and havn't noticed it in time. Right now she is threatening me with her "lawyer" to give me an additional €6774, if I don't do it, she would raise it to €45,166. And I very much believe, the "lawyer" who I already had contact with, btw, is the same person as Kyla etc. and not a real lawyer. He/she is using the name Amy C. Brown for the "lawyer". And yes, Laena33 is currently the name of the pest here, could have been changed by now.
CFTS
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Hiring for commission