Ryonasaga Discussion

Any other type of vore(s) that does not fit to a single / any subforum above. If you don't know where to upload to, just dump it here and we will try to sort it out for you!

Moderator: Pegadygor

Forum rules
1) Try to upload related material to the correct subform please. They are Soft vore, Hardvore, Unbirth, Analvore, Cockvore, Mawshot, Other/combination, Extra soft and Photo edit.

2) Acceptable files: Drawing, stories, video clips (Flash, Gif or other movie format), roleplaying logs, vore games.

3) Please do not upload material that are specified "Do not Distribute ".

4) Any photo with real life human requires full permission from the subject in question, and posted in Photo edit forum only. All individual must be 18+ only. We do not allow photograph of anyone who are not unquestionably 18+ of age anywhere on this domain. All uploaded files must comply with United States law.

5) Label your material. If it have sexual, scat, gore, or other possibly offensive content, please give warning!

6) Any non-sexual fantasy vore illustration involving questionable age of fantasy character, must be placed in the Underage (Fictional character) forum. To access the underage forum, please follow these instructions. No photograph are allowed, period. Drawing and fantasy character only. Material supporting child abuse is prohibited regardless of media format or other content. Sexual illustrations involving questionable age characters are not allowed anywhere.

Read the rules in detail here

Ryonasaga Discussion

Postby Chaotic » Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:55 pm

I hope nobody minds but I feel this belongs in it's own topic because it's not really a "Random japanese bbs Pic" so here it is. This game was not made by me. All credit goes to those who planned and contributed to this game making it what it is today.

Now to quell the overwhelming excitement many users have right now (-_-). Here's a find that I hope many of you will enjoy. It's a game *gasp* called Ryonasaga. Despite the title you won't be seeing limbs flying everywhich way or blood up to your knees. Instead you'll find popular video game gals and some original characters dukin it out with monsters lookin to either have a little "fun" with them or make a tasty treat out of them . The game plays out just like an Rpg. You won't be exploring though. Instead you set up your team with 4 characters from a large list. From there you can take them into battle to duke it out with either random monsters or you can choose what monster(s) you would like to fight. You can choose ten of the same type or mix it up or even just beat on a lone monster. You can even select it's level. That's not the end of it. In the select monster mode you can actually control the monster (the characters won't act while your controlling a monster). So now instead of waiting for a monster to decide one of your characters look tasty you can decide for it. You can also enter watch mode which lets the monsters attack your characters. Some may wonder what's the point of that but it keeps the match from ending. Even if your characters all get knocked out they still remain onscreen and can still take hits from monsters.

Now if your getting tired of the monsters or want to see someone else get eaten then you can add your own characters or monsters (assuming you have the spritesheets for them or made 'em from scratch). You can also create your own special moves that fit your vorish needs . There's one downside though. Nearly all of the text files that explain the format for adding to the game are in japanese meaning you'll have to run 'em through a translator (assuming you can't read japanese) to understand how to add new characters. There's alot more things I could cover but for now I'll prepare an upload link. Because I can't seem to take any screens of the game with fraps I'll post up a few monsters spritesheets.

Take note that not all of the monsters can eat your players as vore wasn't really the main focus of the game, just so happens there's a crapload of it.
Oh and I in no way shape or form take credit for the making of this game. I just happened to stumble upon it. If I can find the maker of this game I'll post up his/her name or penname or groupname or whatever. My understanding however is that many of the games monsters and characters were created by people other than the maker of this game. They were eventually compiled together and bolstered the games roster and the skills monsters and players could use. I'm still seeing additions created by fans of the game every once in awhile. Anyways enough blabberin outta me. Here's some spritesheets to keep you guys entertained while I setup an upload link.

Crap nearly forgot but because this game is japanese there's a possibility that you might need to change your Regional and Language settings to japanese. Because mine was already set to japanese before I found this game I don't know if it'll work on comps that are set in english. Oh and the games menus are japanese but I went through all of the skills, enemys, and player characters and rewrote them in english to make it easier for people to select certain monsters or skills. If you want a copy that's not rewritten just ask and I'll post it up.
Attachments
Ra_slime.png
Ra_plant.png
Roper.png
Yuuna.png
queen_bee.png
Last edited by Chaotic on Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:35 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Chaotic
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Random Japanese bbs game Ryonasaga

Postby Chaotic » Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:56 pm

Up-to-date versions and addons can be found here: http://dev.rsaga.org/

An English creators guide can be located at the bottom of this post.
Have fun and maybe make a couple characters :wink: . Now because the menu is in japanese I'll give a rundown on what does what on the menu and the controls.
Controls:
Z - Select (Deselect selected item in character or monster list)
X - This selects different windows (Ex. Going from the character list window to current party members.)
C - Cancel/Back
Arrow keys - Up, down, left, right
W - Pause game (When you do this you can toggle watch mode or enemy control on or off. To turn watch mode on press up arrow key once. Press it again to turn it off. For enemy control press arrow key down once. Press it once again to turn it off.)
S - Turn music off
D - Turn music on
Tab - Exit a battle. (This only works if you press it when your not in control of your characters. Such as when an attack animation is playing.)

When you first start up you should see:
New game
Load game
Exit
They'll be in english so there should be no problem there. Now once you either start a new game or load you'll come to a menu with a town background. From here the selections are japanese so I'll tell ya what the buttons do.

Character Roster: In here the characters in the left hand box are who are in your team at the moment. To switch between both windows press X. I made a mistake in my other post. You can have alot more then four people on your team but only five will appear on screen. The others most likely act as reserve characters incase someone gets knocked out but i might be wrong. The characters are listed on the right with their stats and if they have >>Go next to them then that means their already in your team. If you wish to remove someone from your team go to the window on the left and press Z after highlighting the character you want to remove. This will remove them from your lineup.

View stats: In an earlier version of the game this button could be used to view the stats in detail of those currently in your team. I don't think it works in the version I posted however.

Battle: This puts you into the ring where your presented with a list of options. These options are:
Exit - leave the ring and return to the main menu.
Level Select - Once selected you'll be allowed to input a number ranging from 1 to 999. I don't remember if this represents level or number of waves you'll be fighting. Either way opponents are randomized.
Sametype - Here you'll be fighting wave after wave of the same type of monsters. For example. First round: Plant x3 Second Round: Tako x4 Third Round - Slime x6 etc.
RandomWave - Here you'll be going against wave after wave of random monsters.
SelectOpponent - Here you can select who you go up against, what level they are, and how many opponents you'll be facing. The right box contains the monsters you've selected while the box with 001 is where you can adjust the level of the monster(s) you're going up against. The box under that has a list of monsters that you can scroll through with the arrow keys and add to the window on the right. The top left box is what you'll use to start the match. Use the X key to switch between windows.

When in battle there will be three selections when it's your turn to make a move. There in japanese so from top to bottom:
Attack - This will give you a list of skills you can use. Arrows on either side of the skills window indicate there are more skills at your disposal.
Defend - Defend ^_^
Flee - Selected character leaves battle.

Getting back to the main menu now.
The button under the battle button is:
Save: Use to save your game.

Sleep?: This I'm not to sure of but everytime you use it the screen goes black for about a second and you lose 100 gold.

Exit: exit game

Hope you guys enjoy it. Please comment if you do .
Attachments
Ryonancing_Saga_Creators_Guide.zip
English Creator Guide
(90.16 KiB) Downloaded 2956 times
Last edited by Chaotic on Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:19 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Chaotic
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Wanderer » Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:21 pm

I can't get the game to work. Whenever I start it up, I get this weird screen.

I'm practically foaming at the mouth to be able to play this game, so any help would be appreciated.
Attachments
desktop.JPG
Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
Wanderer
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re:

Postby Chaotic » Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:32 pm

O_O hmm haven't run into that. Try checking out your Regional and Language settings in your control panel and see if it's set to Japanese. I'll d'l the file and see if it works for me. If it does then it might be the Regional settings.
Chaotic
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Wanderer » Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:36 pm

yeah, i set my region to japanese and uploaded East Asian characters, maybe it's a directory problem? if the game's coded to look for its files in a specific directory on instillation and then the game is moved, that could be the issue. what directory is your game file in?
Wanderer
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re:

Postby Chaotic » Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:41 pm

Actually I just extracted it anywhere and it was good to go. I just downloaded it from the my upload link and it worked fine. Try playing it through the .rar instead of extracting it and see what happens. If it doesn't work I'll post some of my files here so that you can replace any that might have been damaged. Oh and just incase check Regional settings and go to Advanced and under Language for Nonunicode Programs make sure japanese is selected.
Chaotic
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Wanderer » Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:46 pm

play it through the .rar? how would I do that?

anyway, I think the error message might suggest there is some sort of file out of whack?
Wanderer
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re:

Postby Chaotic » Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:50 pm

I'm guessing no picture showed up when you started and the black screen is the first thing that popped up. If so I don't think it's a file. I've received that black screen once or twice but that was after the intro picture was on the screen for a bit. I got the black screen because I fiddled with some skills but it told me what file was out of whack. I searched through my Ryonasaga folder and haven't found a Gameinitializer folder nor a Battle_decide_state. In order to play through the .rar just open it and find the .exe file. Once you double click that the game will load. And was the Language for Nonunicode Programs under advanced thingy Japanese?
Never hurts to double check.
Chaotic
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Chaotic » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:48 pm

Dunno if your still there but try putting this .txt file into the folder Battle. Overwrite when it prompts you to. It might fix it or it might not but it's worth a shot.
Chaotic
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Wanderer » Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:26 am

i got it to work by changing the Unicode thingy

been playing since like 5 minutes after my last post. game is great. Someone should go through and give, like, every enemy the eat and devour moves.
Wanderer
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re:

Postby Chaotic » Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:47 am

Hey that's good to hear. Have fun :D .
Chaotic
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re:

Postby SeruOmen » Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:06 am

First off, thanks for sharing!^^

I'm having a little trouble, too. I set my regional language to Japanese, but it's still trying to use odd symbols instead of Japanese while trying to write files with Japanese characters.

Edit: Figured it out- the program I use for rars didn't support Japanese.
Dry Erase Kitty- where else can you find feline zombie computer viruses and inbred demon kittens?
http://dryerasekitty.thecomicseries.com/comics/
SeruOmen
I like sword

Re:

Postby Fidel2323 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:48 am

ive got trouble, the window with the game pops open for 2 sec and then the window is close. can someone help me?
Fidel2323
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Wanderer » Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:20 am

hey, it's not too hard to get any monster you want to eat your girls either. just take the eat command off someone else and put it on their movelist. if you want it animated, just copy another animation (Kiss or Capture animations work well for this ^_^) and rename it.

the only one I have had trouble working with is Rydia Parasite, she has a really convoluted string of animations that don't take kindly to being effed with. Otherwise, I have gotten every "girl" looking enemy an eat command though. Usi Girl, Zombie, Ririm, Harpy, they can all gobble up my players now.
Wanderer
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re:

Postby Svartvinge » Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:27 am

im having the same problems as fidel2323...what to do?
Svartvinge
Participator

Re:

Postby Chaotic » Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:59 am

The window closing happened to me too with an earlier version of the game. First check to make sure your Language settings are set to Japanese. That should be under the "Advanced" tab in your Regional and Language settings in the control panel. Make sure you didn't move any files or folders around our edit any text. The games real sensitive about even the smallest changes. If all else fails try redownloading it from the link. I'll continue to look into this problem.
Chaotic
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby somedays » Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:21 am

Just a little tip: Microsoft provides a free and handy tool to run applications in a different language from the one Windows is set to: AppLocale
Works only in WinXP/Server2003, and can be downloaded from M$ here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en
somedays
New to the forum

Postby Wanderer » Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:59 pm

yeah, i had that problem till I turned pretty much everything in the Regions/Languages option over to Japanese. You may only need the Unicode option though, it was the one I did last

you will probably need East Asia languages installed too, the default install for Windows XP doesn't include them (whee, that saves you a whole 10 megabytes)
Wanderer
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Chaotic » Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:35 pm

Finally found a way to get some screenshots so I'll post a couple with my favorite enemy in the game.
Attachments
queenbee1.jpg
Customary stare down before things kickoff.
queenbee2.jpg
Using enemy control mode to pick what Queen bee uses. Wonder what I'll pick...
queenbee3.jpg
Should have been no surprise. Poor Yuna.
Chaotic
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby SammiRei » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:16 am

Is there any way to find out what all the different coloured numbers and status effects are?

White is damage and red is life points, that I know. Blue might be healing, but what's pink?
And what are all the different statuses?
SammiRei
Somewhat familiar

Next

Return to Other / Combination