Open Vore Rogue Like R4a

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Open Vore Rogue Like R4a

Postby four_fleets » Wed May 01, 2013 8:46 am

Posting as bookmark.
  I wonder if you'll visit This thread?  

I finally found out how to use BBCcode.
four_fleets
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby 89gierl » Mon May 27, 2013 12:18 am

I know this isn't exactly a new problem and this question has probably been asked before, but when I click the Run.bat, nothing happens. The Command window comes up for less than 3 seconds. Is there something I am missing?
89gierl
New to the forum

Postby Someone92 » Mon May 27, 2013 2:14 am

Try starting the game with OVAL.jar, the game doesn't start when I use the run.bat either.
Someone92
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby xega888 » Wed May 29, 2013 4:41 am

89gierl wrote:I know this isn't exactly a new problem and this question has probably been asked before, but when I click the Run.bat, nothing happens. The Command window comes up for less than 3 seconds. Is there something I am missing?

i ran into a similar problem with the Vgame. i solved it by simply editing the .bat file with notepad and putting "start" in front of the launching code. some times that works some times it doesn't, i think the difference is the version of java but idk really
xega888
???

Postby Someone92 » Fri May 31, 2013 5:18 pm

Anyone knows if darkevilme will return to this project?

He left the source files, so does anyone has any pointers where to start digging in and continuing his work? Like, which programs do I need to start programming?
Someone92
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Midir » Fri May 31, 2013 6:13 pm

Java... I would suggest writting a PM to him.
Midir
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby xyoshi » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:17 am

Someone92 wrote:Anyone knows if darkevilme will return to this project?

He left the source files, so does anyone has any pointers where to start digging in and continuing his work? Like, which programs do I need to start programming?

I've been poking around with the source code for a few days, and am in the process of using it as a basis for my own project (No idea if I'll release: I'm just messing around with it for now, after an attempt to create a similar project from C# largely blew up in my face). I've been using the Eclipse IDE to work with everything, but I suspect that NetBeans or most other JAVA development tools would work, too.
xyoshi
Been posting for a bit

Postby darkevilme » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:52 am

Someone92 wrote:Anyone knows if darkevilme will return to this project?

Regarding returning to this project. Leaning no on the basis that Bitter's tales of the mystic wild is coming. And I'll reiterate that what little I've seen of it means I can't realistically compete(seriously, it's looking incredibly awesome). But on the flipside maybe there's room enough, I haven't seen ToMW use the lexicon system to deluge the players in smut texts as of yet after all.

So while we're leaning no, and we really should get cracking on white night, we might return to OVRL if we had a clear idea of what we wanted to do as the next update for it. OVRL started as a small project that ran in a week, hitting the barebones of what it needed to be called a roguelike. This means that I don't have a grand expansive vision like I had with Space Odyssey which I was incrementally working towards. And without a grand vision updates feel a little weird and it's harder to pick goals for them.

As for what tools to use if you wanted to make your own?
Game was made in Eclipse using java and a few other tools (slick2d for instance).
darkevilme
---

Postby Aries193 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:52 am

I just downloaded the game and i got this error. Here is what popped up please help.
Attachments
ORVL Error.rtf
(10.12 KiB) Downloaded 163 times
Aries193
---

Postby twib » Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:08 pm

Soooo are these all the enemies or what? I ask because everyone seems to mention some monster or another I dont see in the game. If so how would one go about finding them? Thanks in advance.
twib
Somewhat familiar

Postby jaef » Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:18 am

Aries193 wrote:I just downloaded the game and i got this error. Here is what popped up please help.

From the looks of the error message it appears as though Slick can't find an Open GL accelerator. This generally means one of two things, either your video card doesn't support Open GL (unlikely unless it's ancient) or you need to upgrade your video drivers.
jaef
New to the forum

Postby Aries193 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:23 am

jaef wrote:
Aries193 wrote:I just downloaded the game and i got this error. Here is what popped up please help.

From the looks of the error message it appears as though Slick can't find an Open GL accelerator. This generally means one of two things, either your video card doesn't support Open GL (unlikely unless it's ancient) or you need to upgrade your video drivers.

Well i tried to upload the Video Driver and it said its up to date *sigh* guess this video card that came with my PC is a POS in more ways than one.
Aries193
---

Postby jaef » Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:31 am

Aries193 wrote:Well i tried to upload the Video Driver and it said its up to date *sigh* guess this video card that came with my PC is a POS in more ways than one.

IIRC the microsoft built in driver doesn't come with open gl support, if that's the one you're using try getting the one from the card manufacturer. (AMD or Nvidia more than likely)
jaef
New to the forum

Postby Aries193 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:34 am

jaef wrote:
Aries193 wrote:Well i tried to upload the Video Driver and it said its up to date *sigh* guess this video card that came with my PC is a POS in more ways than one.

IIRC the microsoft built in driver doesn't come with open gl support, if that's the one you're using try getting the one from the card manufacturer. (AMD or Nvidia more than likely)

I guess i can give it a try from what iv'e read this game looks pretty good.

Edit: its working now had to install a older Driver
Aries193
---

Postby Aries193 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:41 am

Aries193 wrote:
jaef wrote:

I guess i can give it a try from what iv'e read this game looks pretty good.

Edit: its working now had to install a older Driver

but now when i open the bat file it crashes
Aries193
---

Postby jaef » Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:41 am

Aries193 wrote:but now when i open the bat file it crashes

For the crashing on startup, run the batch file (run.bat) and post what it says.
What chibi-wolfy says is also true, the batch file does want java to be in your classpath, which sometimes it doesn't do when it is installed which would also cause it to crash out. I always forget about that.
If you don't mind me asking what card are you running?
Last edited by jaef on Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
jaef
New to the forum

Postby chibi-wolfy » Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:13 am

Have you tried running the .jar directly? Yeah, I know the OP advises against it, but ironically it's the only way for me specifically to actually run it, and the .bat doesn't work for me at all.
chibi-wolfy
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aries193 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:18 pm

chibi-wolfy wrote:Have you tried running the .jar directly? Yeah, I know the OP advises against it, but ironically it's the only way for me specifically to actually run it, and the .bat doesn't work for me at all.

I have tried both and it just crashes instantly.
Aries193
---

Postby darkevilme » Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:49 pm

Aries193 wrote:
chibi-wolfy wrote:Have you tried running the .jar directly? Yeah, I know the OP advises against it, but ironically it's the only way for me specifically to actually run it, and the .bat doesn't work for me at all.

I have tried both and it just crashes instantly.

When you get around to reporting the error message you might get some help with that.
darkevilme
---

Postby ddraytton » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:12 am

This would be more better if there was sound effects.
ddraytton
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game