Eka's portal etiquette

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: Eka's portal etiquette: Updated! Please read!

Postby Chameleonette » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:44 pm

newenglandee wrote:We are not creating in a vacuum. The internet is not a consequence-free zone. You NEED. To HAVE. And MAINTAIN. STANDARDS.


The key thing that you're missing is that you have no right to impose your standards on other people as "the standard". It's still your opinion and there are going to be people that either do or do not agree with you. What you say is not fact and you need to get over that. Standards change for different things, depending on the person---everyone is different.

I see no reason why anyone should post in fear of "consequences" from sharing something they made on the internet, unless it deliberately makes fun of a specific group of people or has offensive material in it. If someone wants to give them critique, that's fine, but they can still do so in a manner that isn't hostile, rude, or combative. You sound like you're just looking to pick fights with others who don't agree with your way of thinking.

As I said before, you could easily overlook something you don't like or don't agree with. The irony here is that takes effort, or at least some semblance of self-control. I have one last thing to say, and that's this:

Passionate advocate of M/F vore.

My RP Seeking Thread: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=35501
User avatar
Chameleonette
---
 
Posts: 1073
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:22 pm
Blog: View Blog (135)

Re: Eka's portal etiquette: Updated! Please read!

Postby newenglandee » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:02 pm

Chameleonette wrote:
newenglandee wrote:We are not creating in a vacuum. The internet is not a consequence-free zone. You NEED. To HAVE. And MAINTAIN. STANDARDS.


The key thing that you're missing is that you have no right to impose your standards on other people as "the standard". It's still your opinion and there are going to be people that either do or do not agree with you. What you say is not fact and you need to get over that. Standards change for different things, depending on the person---everyone is different.

I see no reason why anyone should post in fear of "consequences" from sharing something they made on the internet, unless it deliberately makes fun of a specific group of people or has offensive material in it. If someone wants to give them critique, that's fine, but they can still do so in a manner that isn't hostile, rude, or combative. You sound like you're just looking to pick fights with others who don't agree with your way of thinking.

As I said before, you could easily overlook something you don't like or don't agree with. The irony here is that takes effort, or at least some semblance of self-control. I have one last thing to say, and that's this:



The problem with this site is that I honestly CAN'T. My interests in vore are varied, and I cannot know whether I should genuinely stay away from a newly-put-up piece of work because it's gonna be offensive until I've already read through it, thinking, by the tags and by the brief snippet I can see in the preview thumbnail, that it might be good, only to be horribly disappointed.

And I know that everybody has different likes and dislikes, but here's the thing: people, in general, do share the same standards for things. Including for how you should write. We expect stories to have, for example, plots that are well structured. Or good characters who are carefully written and don't just pop outta nowhere with no foreshadowing or development. Or good spelling or grammar! If I typed this: "." and you said it was ANYTHING other than a period, I'd ask you what drugs you were on or "Do you have trouble reading type"? But on this site it seems like the mere INSISTENCE that those who write should have to adhere to any basic, bare-bones level of writing standards is equivalent to fascism. To which I say this: North Korea or Russia throwing journalists in jail for writing pieces criticizing the governments are fascism. Pointing out a character is very flat, a story comes off as borderline misanthropic, or that the plot is filled with holes and saying the author should have fixed it or SHOULD fix this somehow is NOT.
User avatar
newenglandee
Intermediate Vorarephile
 
Posts: 355
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:52 pm
Location: United States of WHATEVER!
Blog: View Blog (6)

Re: Eka's portal etiquette: Updated! Please read!

Postby mojo-2131285 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:09 pm

newenglandee wrote:
Chameleonette wrote:
newenglandee wrote:Please tell me that you're not trying to make the argument that because good art is time-consuming and hard to make, people should settle for less and give dad artwork and stories a free pass? And that we should have just as much respect for people who make bad art that has little thought or effort put into it as we do for people who put all their heart and soul into a piece?


...You can't be serious.

Don't you even realize that whether a piece of art is "bad" or has effort put into it or not is NOT for you to decide or due to your opinion and what YOU think? Some people struggle with art and writing more than others and have a more difficult time getting things down, but that does NOT mean they aren't worthy of respect for what they do. They may have very well put plenty of heart or soul into that piece for all you know.

Honestly, your arrogance astounds me. Everyone is worthy of respect for creating things to share, whether it's a doodle/drabble or something that took them 10 hours to make or write. If you don't like what someone has to share, you can easily overlook it instead of claiming that such people aren't worthy of respect for what they do or cutting them down.

This is basic human decency.


Yes it IS, that is how artistic critique has worked for CENTURIES. Why in the holy living heck do you think there are youtube commentators and reviewers and people like Siskel and Ebert and the like? Because you CAN often tell when a person has or has not put effort into it. There ARE signs, you DO realize this, right? Let's take, for example, somebody like Lupe Fiasco. He does thoughtful rap. Intriguing, deep topics. Puts his heart into it. Wacka Flocka Flame does NOT, and raps about lousy topics like shooting people, doing coke, and f--king. One is CLEARLY better than the other, and you can find similar comparisons between people who DO write and draw well and people that DON'T and not only that, who don't even really TRY and just don't CARE, and it's the people that don't even TRY and don't even really CARE about the stuff they put up that make me say "No, you DON'T deserve my respect, you have to EARN it, that is how respect WORKS"!

We are not creating in a vacuum. The internet is not a consequence-free zone. You NEED. To HAVE. And MAINTAIN. STANDARDS.


Wacka Flocka Flame sounds pretty cool. If only there were more rappers who had the courage to take on tough topics like bitches, hoes, and the chronic instead of the all the pretentious bullshit that most rappers carry on about, like quantum physics and applied ethics. Is one music video with big-assed black girls shaking it too much to ask for?

Here's to having standards.
AD SIDERA!!!
User avatar
mojo-2131285
Intermediate Vorarephile
 
Posts: 456
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:19 pm

Re: Eka's portal etiquette: Updated! Please read!

Postby newenglandee » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:14 pm

Ah ha. Ah ha. It's funny because that's ALL most mainstream rappers talk about. In FACT, Tyga actually came up with a lyric that sort of puts this in the right light.

"Like you concious rappers. Mad cuz we winning."

Yes. That is EXACTLY why conscious rappers like Common or Lupe Fiasco are mad. Not because mainstream rappers talk about mindless, pointless things like women eating dick, sex, drugs, beer, how you can take my girl from me and killing people, sometimes all at once, thus degrading all of music and rap and leading to a desensitization of people towards this sort of thing and a lowering of the bar and standards that serves to make GOOD music even harder to notice! Nah, it's cuz they're just HATERS! In fact, that's the real reason ANYBODY would EVER criticize anything,it's cuz they're just HATERS!

"Hey, you shouldn't play in traffic."

"AW, you just hatin' cuz you didn't think of it first-OH DEAR GOD!" (CRASH!)

"Hey, you shouldn't eat that food so fast."

"Oh, mmfm-grhm...you just hatin...mmpfha gruhm...cuz you ain't gettin' food like-ERK! Heart Attack! GAUGH! HAAACK!"

"No, no, you're right, I'm such a HATER."
User avatar
newenglandee
Intermediate Vorarephile
 
Posts: 355
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:52 pm
Location: United States of WHATEVER!
Blog: View Blog (6)

Re: Eka's portal etiquette: Updated! Please read!

Postby Lumesa » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:21 pm

newenglandee wrote:We are not creating in a vacuum. The internet is not a consequence-free zone. You NEED. To HAVE. And MAINTAIN. STANDARDS.


My standards are offended by your wantonly atrocious grammar and elitist attitude.

(✿◕‿◕) I will eat you whole.
User avatar
Lumesa
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:11 pm
Blog: View Blog (109)

Re: Eka's portal etiquette: Updated! Please read!

Postby mojo-2131285 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:23 pm

newenglandee wrote:Ah ha. Ah ha. It's funny because that's ALL most mainstream rappers talk about. In FACT, Tyga actually came up with a lyric that sort of puts this in the right light.

"Like you concious rappers. Mad cuz we winning."

Yes. That is EXACTLY why conscious rappers like Common or Lupe Fiasco are mad. Not because mainstream rappers talk about mindless, pointless things like women eating dick, sex, drugs, beer, how you can take my girl from me and killing people, sometimes all at once, thus degrading all of music and rap and leading to a desensitization of people towards this sort of thing and a lowering of the bar and standards that serves to make GOOD music even harder to notice! Nah, it's cuz they're just HATERS! In fact, that's the real reason ANYBODY would EVER criticize anything,it's cuz they're just HATERS!

"Hey, you shouldn't play in traffic."

"AW, you just hatin' cuz you didn't think of it first-OH DEAR GOD!" (CRASH!)

"Hey, you shouldn't eat that food so fast."

"Oh, mmfm-grhm...you just hatin...mmpfha gruhm...cuz you ain't gettin' food like-ERK! Heart Attack! GAUGH! HAAACK!"

"No, no, you're right, I'm such a HATER."


Ummm...it was just a joke. Is there an objective STANDARD for having a sense of humor? Because if so, you definitely are way below par dude. You might want to work on that. Unnecessary ridicule seems to be how you think people improve themselves, so let me try: YOU SUCK!!! There. Are you any funnier? Or are you still taking yourself too seriously?

Just practicing what you preach.
AD SIDERA!!!
User avatar
mojo-2131285
Intermediate Vorarephile
 
Posts: 456
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:19 pm

Re: Eka's portal etiquette: Updated! Please read!

Postby newenglandee » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:24 pm

Lumesa wrote:
newenglandee wrote:We are not creating in a vacuum. The internet is not a consequence-free zone. You NEED. To HAVE. And MAINTAIN. STANDARDS.


My standards are offended by your wantonly atrocious grammar and elitist attitude.



When did "elitist" suddenly become a bad thing? "Elite" means better than you. Smarter. Stronger. More cultured and intelligent. Don't you WANT others to be "elite"? Don't you, for instance want your PRESIDENT to be an elite? Or your father or mother or the artists or writers you read? Don't you want them to be, to put it bluntly, BETTER than you?

"Ummm...it was just a joke. Is there an objective STANDARD for having a sense of humor? Because if so, you definitely are way below par dude. You might want to work on that. Unnecessary ridicule seems to be how you think people improve themselves, so let me try: YOU SUCK!!! There. Are you any funnier? Or are you still taking yourself too seriously?"

There's standards for types of humor too. You need set-ups and the like. And to know your audience. And to not flub a punchline. Shall I go on?
Last edited by newenglandee on Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
newenglandee
Intermediate Vorarephile
 
Posts: 355
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:52 pm
Location: United States of WHATEVER!
Blog: View Blog (6)

Re: Eka's portal etiquette: Updated! Please read!

Postby Queerbert » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:26 pm

newenglandee wrote:
codeme wrote:
newenglandee wrote:
Yes it IS, that is how artistic critique has worked for CENTURIES. Why in the holy living heck do you think there are youtube commentators and reviewers and people like Siskel and Ebert and the like? Because you CAN often tell when a person has or has not put effort into it. There ARE signs, you DO realize this, right? Let's take, for example, somebody like Lupe Fiasco. He does thoughtful rap. Intriguing, deep topics. Puts his heart into it. Wacka Flocka Flame does NOT, and raps about lousy topics like shooting people, doing coke, and f--king. One is CLEARLY better than the other, and you can find similar comparisons between people who DO write and draw well and people that DON'T and not only that, who don't even really TRY and just don't CARE, and it's the people that don't even TRY and don't even really CARE about the stuff they put up that make me say "No, you DON'T deserve my respect, you have to EARN it, that is how respect WORKS"!

We are not creating in a vacuum. The internet is not a consequence-free zone. You NEED. To HAVE. And MAINTAIN. STANDARDS.


tbh you're an arrogant faggot if you think anyone gives a fuck about maintaining your standards or gaining your respect through the artistic works they do. especially since you think you're some kind of authority on the matter lol


Dude, seriously? Insults like "faggot"? What are you, in middle school? Grow up.

No, he's in the most highly distinguished internet university in the world.
psh nuthin personnel... kid' evil hedghog sayed wile he peed in his moutg.
Queerbert
???
 
Posts: 2822
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:30 am

Re: Eka's portal etiquette: Updated! Please read!

Postby mojo-2131285 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:29 pm

newenglandee wrote:
Lumesa wrote:
newenglandee wrote:We are not creating in a vacuum. The internet is not a consequence-free zone. You NEED. To HAVE. And MAINTAIN. STANDARDS.


My standards are offended by your wantonly atrocious grammar and elitist attitude.



When did "elitist" suddenly become a bad thing? "Elite" means better than you. Smarter. Stronger. More cultured and intelligent. Don't you WANT others to be "elite"? Don't you, for instance want your PRESIDENT to be an elite? Or your father or mother or the artists or writers you read? Don't you want them to be, to put it bluntly, BETTER than you?

"Ummm...it was just a joke. Is there an objective STANDARD for having a sense of humor? Because if so, you definitely are way below par dude. You might want to work on that. Unnecessary ridicule seems to be how you think people improve themselves, so let me try: YOU SUCK!!! There. Are you any funnier? Or are you still taking yourself too seriously?"

There's standards for types of humor too. You need set-ups and the like. And to know your audience. And to not flub a punchline. Shall I go on?


What's it like to be a rocket scientist?
AD SIDERA!!!
User avatar
mojo-2131285
Intermediate Vorarephile
 
Posts: 456
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:19 pm

Re: Eka's portal etiquette: Updated! Please read!

Postby newenglandee » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:33 pm

Depressing. Neal Degrasse Tyson keeps pantsing me in front of all the other scientists. Ever since he became a regular guest on the Daily Show he thinks he's hot brown sugar now! ^_^
User avatar
newenglandee
Intermediate Vorarephile
 
Posts: 355
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:52 pm
Location: United States of WHATEVER!
Blog: View Blog (6)

Re: Eka's portal etiquette: Updated! Please read!

Postby masterofvore1 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:43 pm

wow....if this is what the community thinks about posting I think I'll refrain from submitting things for a bit longer...
I had no idea it was like this
User avatar
masterofvore1
---
 
Posts: 1044
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:24 pm
Location: anywhere I can make something ;)
Blog: View Blog (47)

Re: Eka's portal etiquette: Updated! Please read!

Postby Humbug » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:45 pm

masterofvore1 wrote:wow....if this is what the community thinks about posting I think I'll refrain from submitting things for a bit longer...
I had no idea it was like this
Note that it's just one person saying this. Everyone else is fighting against him. Don't worry about it.
User avatar
Humbug
---
 
Posts: 1802
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:00 am
Location: Coella
Blog: View Blog (149)

Re: Eka's portal etiquette: Updated! Please read!

Postby Queerbert » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:47 pm

Humbug wrote:
masterofvore1 wrote:wow....if this is what the community thinks about posting I think I'll refrain from submitting things for a bit longer...
I had no idea it was like this
Note that it's just one person saying this. Everyone else is fighting against him. Don't worry about it.

I'm talking about both sides of this equation! I just hope that some accounts aren't permanently banned, especially NED's.

Can I weigh in? There is a difference in between criticism and insults, and I'm almost certain these rules are about the content and not the actual quality anyways.
psh nuthin personnel... kid' evil hedghog sayed wile he peed in his moutg.
Queerbert
???
 
Posts: 2822
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:30 am

Re: Eka's portal etiquette: Updated! Please read!

Postby newenglandee » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:49 pm

Queerbert wrote:
Humbug wrote:
masterofvore1 wrote:wow....if this is what the community thinks about posting I think I'll refrain from submitting things for a bit longer...
I had no idea it was like this
Note that it's just one person saying this. Everyone else is fighting against him. Don't worry about it.

I'm talking about both sides of this equation! I just hope that some accounts aren't permanently banned, especially NED's.

Can I weigh in? There is a difference in between criticism and insults, and I'm almost certain these rules are about the content and not the actual quality anyways.


This is true. But people on this site seem to take even criticism as insults against their very character as if their mother has been insulted. I don't care about people criticizing MY work, they're welcome TO it, it's the only way I'll get better. And I used to use far more insults and swears and to NEVER apologize for any of the things I said. I like to think I've matured considerably.
User avatar
newenglandee
Intermediate Vorarephile
 
Posts: 355
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:52 pm
Location: United States of WHATEVER!
Blog: View Blog (6)

Re: Eka's portal etiquette: Updated! Please read!

Postby masterofvore1 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:50 pm

Humbug wrote:
masterofvore1 wrote:wow....if this is what the community thinks about posting I think I'll refrain from submitting things for a bit longer...
I had no idea it was like this
Note that it's just one person saying this. Everyone else is fighting against him. Don't worry about it.

ok ^^;
sorry if I was over reacting a bit- I tend to see this kind of thing in a lot of places and usually it's pretty spread,so I was getting worried that a larger portion of the site was like that

@Qeerburt: I was referring to newenglandee's posts, not the rules. the rules are fair and reasonable.
User avatar
masterofvore1
---
 
Posts: 1044
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:24 pm
Location: anywhere I can make something ;)
Blog: View Blog (47)

Re: Eka's portal etiquette: Updated! Please read!

Postby Queerbert » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:51 pm

I wasn't talking about the rules either, I was talking about the people insulting NED in all kinds of ways.
psh nuthin personnel... kid' evil hedghog sayed wile he peed in his moutg.
Queerbert
???
 
Posts: 2822
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:30 am

Re: Eka's portal etiquette: Updated! Please read!

Postby newenglandee » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:57 pm

Queerbert wrote:I wasn't talking about the rules either, I was talking about the people insulting NED in all kinds of ways.


People can insult me if they want too and if they think it's justified. But I'm not gonna stand for people calling anybody "f----t" any more than I'd let them call a woman a d--e" or a black person a "n-----r". We gotta have standards and the criticism and anger has to be justified. I can be a bully. An opinionated jerk. I admit this. FREELY. But calling ANYBODY f----t is freakin' reprehensible. This is 2013, do people not get that the word should be dropped like a hot potato?

Macklemore was right. It DOES get dropped on the daily. Have y'all read the Youtube comments lately?
User avatar
newenglandee
Intermediate Vorarephile
 
Posts: 355
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:52 pm
Location: United States of WHATEVER!
Blog: View Blog (6)

Re: Eka's portal etiquette: Updated! Please read!

Postby Humbug » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:59 pm

Queerbert wrote:I'm talking about both sides of this equation! I just hope that some accounts aren't permanently banned, especially NED's.

Can I weigh in? There is a difference in between criticism and insults, and I'm almost certain these rules are about the content and not the actual quality anyways.
Actually, I wasn't talking about you. I meant NED, and honestly, though I disagree with his opinion and his tough guy attitude in defending it, he hasn't really broken any site rules. Nor have folks like Chamelonette, who is very diplomatic about her position. The only people who broke rules are those slinging insults.

But the point was to MasterofVore that only one person said there should be quality control on this site, and that everyone else was against that opinion. MoV shouldn't rethink posting stuff just because it's not very good quality, since those who go out of their way to criticize it are in the minority.

As far as I'm concerned, the only unforgivable sin is a complete lack of improvement over years of time, but that's just a personal grudge and shouldn't be site policy. Likewise, NED is free to have the opinion that there needs to be some assurance of quality or at least that criticism should be free to give. Might even be a legit viewpoint. However, Eka and the other admins are running a community moreso than an art/writing site, so there are many more things to take into consideration than just the content being submitted. Without the community aspect, this site would fall apart like every other vore site, so maintaining a civil atmosphere is the priority.

Also, I'm just gonna add this here: Everyone starts out sucking. You only get better by practicing, and even then you only get better by practicing correctly. This site is a nice, safe place for beginning artists and writers to post their work and get feedback, and yes, sometimes they stagnate due to backpatting, but more often than not, people who create aren't satisfied with their own quality and don't need people telling them that they suck. They already know most of the time, and they're trying to fix that.
Last edited by Humbug on Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Humbug
---
 
Posts: 1802
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:00 am
Location: Coella
Blog: View Blog (149)

Re: Eka's portal etiquette: Updated! Please read!

Postby newenglandee » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:03 pm

True, true. And it is always refreshing to see newcomers with real, genuine talent pop up. For example, Rimentus. New to the site. But I am LOVING his work ! :D
User avatar
newenglandee
Intermediate Vorarephile
 
Posts: 355
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:52 pm
Location: United States of WHATEVER!
Blog: View Blog (6)

Re: Eka's portal etiquette: Updated! Please read!

Postby Eka » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:39 pm

This is a Etiquette post. The purpose of this post is to explains what we expect from the user on this site.

Please note that quality and standard is not within the criteria of any of our rules, because those are not the purpose of this site. People who join this site, therefore, did not sign up for quality control for individual submission.

If you want to control quality, go to a site where people signed up for it. That is all needed to be said on this topic.

Check our Critiquing suggestion if you wish to be better at making criticism. They will be provided when the artist request them, in the method they expected, and nowhere else.
User avatar
Eka
Administrator
 
Posts: 4312
Joined: Fri May 13, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: Canada
Blog: View Blog (6)

PreviousNext

Return to General Vore Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Freimgul, Heath2 and 8 guests