Blood of the Pred (Skyrim/Devourment mod)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Blood of the Pred (Skyrim/Devourment mod)

Postby Isha » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:02 pm

For Devourment fans, and Skyrim players in general, I present my first large-scale modding effort: Blood of the Pred.

Now called 'Blood of the Hunter', this mod is a work-in-progress Skyrim mod built on the Devourment API. It's designed to make acquiring the Devourment powers more of a gameplay experience, instead of automatically providing them to the player.

Blood of the Hunter attempts to make acquiring the Devourment powers part of the overall gameplay experience. Instead of just 'having' them, the player must contract Sanguinare Rapaxis from a pred somewhere in the world (with the same 15% chance of infection as Sanguinare Vampiris).

After three days (assuming the player doesn't remove the disease somehow), the player becomes an 'apex predator' and is given three Devourment abilities (Vore, Burp and Fart); neglecting to feed for extended periods increases the player's 'pred stage' and grants them further abilities until they reduce their 'stage' by feeding.

BotH for SSE/Devourment Refactor

Installation Instructions:

It is strongly recommended that Blood of the Hunter 1.09.02 be installed ONLY on a clean save. Please report any bugs (that are NOT on the 'Known Issues' list) in this thread and I'll get to them as soon as I can.

Spoiler: show
Install Devourment Refactor and all of its dependencies (found here: viewtopic.php?f=79&t=60444), and then Blood of the Hunter, and you should be good to do. For a more robust 'predator' experience, I recommend setting the difficulty to 'Darwinian' and the multiprey limit to 'By Size'. You'll have to carefully plan your escapes if you expect to get away safely!

I cannot guarantee that Blood of the Hunter will function properly with other versions/variants of Devourment (in fact, I'm fairly certain it won't). I will not be able to provide support if you're using a non-Refactor Devourment variant.

Known Issues:

(This list is not exhaustive, and issues will appear and disappear iteratively as development progresses).

Version 1.03a:

Blood of the Hunter has been updated for Devourment Refactor AE!

[*] Bleak Falls Barrow 'escape hatch' is missing (my fault; I had to recover scripts from an older version). This will be fixed in the next update.

[*] There is a possibility that Devourment's weight-related slowdown will eventually prevent the Dovakiin from moving until enough digestion time has passed. There are several options for a fix; I'm currently evaluating which will be easier to set up.

Version 1.09.02:

* Blood of the Hunter may not be entirely compatible with some Devourment add-ons.
* When the player begins to starve, and triggers the expected response from nearby NPCs, they may still shout about 'vampires', even though the player is not a vampire.
* The Bleak Falls Barrow quest shows up in the quest log immediately upon entering the world. I'm testing a potential fix in the current development build.

General Notes:

Blood of the Hunter may not keep pace with Devourment updates, and may break if Devourment's MCM menu is altered. Unfortunately, that's a PEBKAC error on my end, so it's not something I can easily fix.

Bug Fixes:

Alpha 1.09.02

* Bleak Falls Barrow quest will no longer break if the player accidentally (or intentionally) digests the claw.

Testing Focus:

1.03a:

Sleep/wait menu lockout.

Feature Updates:

1.03a:

The sleep/wait menu will be (temporarily) locked out when prey is swallowed, and NPCs will become hostile until digestion is complete and the prey 'expelled'. This will (should) not affect consensual swallowing.

1.09.02:

*Added 'escape hatch' to prevent Bleak Falls Barrow quest from breaking in certain circumstances.
* Player will now digest all items that the prey is carrying. To prevent this from breaking Bleak Falls Barrow, the quest will auto-advance and the claw will become available from the Dung-Gatherer in Whiterun.
*Minor cosmetic updates.

Apex Predator:

Blood of the Hunter adds a disease, Sanguinare Rapaxis, to create a vore-themed adventure.

You can contract Sanguinare Rapaxis from other predators, just as you can contract Sanguinare Vampiris to become a vampire. If not cured within three days, you will gain access to a basic selection of Devourment powers (Vore/Burp/Fart/Regurgitate)[s].

If there are problems with contracting Sanguinare Rapaxis, please let me know so I can fix it. You can still use the console to apply it manually (note: since there's only a 15% chance of the disease taking hold, you may need to try several times via the console).

When your pred stage increases, you will have a wider choice of powers. Once you feed, you will revert to the basic selection.

It goes without saying that you shouldn't let yourself starve for too long in front of normal humans! They won't appreciate your impressive new abilities...

Current version: alpha 1.09.02

I've decided that, since I need something to do while I'm in the middle of a seasonal work layoff, I'm going to begin re-working Blood of the Hunter, and updating things that I didn't like about the first version. Blood of the Hunter AE (working title) is in development with no ETA.

Of course, I'm leaving the current version up for the moment, in case anyone needs to re-download it.

BotH 1.09 (previous update)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/micc6falbf2nm ... 9.zip?dl=0

BotH 1.09.02 (current SE version)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/liak2f0uuatdj ... 2.zip?dl=0

HOTFIX:

Replace the _BotH_SpellRemover in 1.09.02 with this one:

This will (should) restore the ability of NPCs to infect the player with Sanguinare Rapaxis.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3zqn2tixbv4yj ... r.pex?dl=0

BotH AE 1.03 (current AE version):

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/0keakimn ... m9z2g&dl=0

Happy Hunting!
Last edited by Isha on Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:35 pm, edited 111 times in total.
Blood of the Pred is reborn for Devourment Refactor. Keep up to date at viewtopic.php?f=79&t=42376
Isha
Participator

Re: Blood of the Pred (Skyrim/Devourment mod)

Postby VoreSkeeter » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:46 pm

sounds neat
''Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.''

Dylan Thomas
VoreSkeeter
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Ominom » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:04 pm

I assume this will make the Companions give you a vore ability instead of a werewolf transformation, and not give you the ability to vore people as a werewolf, then?
Ominom
Been posting for a bit

Postby Isha » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:27 pm

*nods* That's correct. I have no experience with manipulating .nif files, so I probably won't be adding extra features to vanilla races for the forseeable future. At the moment, I'm sketching out some quest ideas (for now, I'm just going to add one or two radiant quests) and working on one or two other ideas.
Blood of the Pred is reborn for Devourment Refactor. Keep up to date at viewtopic.php?f=79&t=42376
Isha
Participator

Postby Isha » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:03 pm

As of March 2023, the below information is extremely outdated.

Okay, so...

After a bit of fiddling, I've added a weight-gain script to BotP; I was never really satisfied with the 'default' Devourment setting (particularly the way the Dovakiin could dash about like Sonic the Hedgehog with a full-sized human dissolving inside them!)

The script currently affects only the player (I currently can't see any point to slowing the NPCs, because they already walk everywhere :lol: ).

What this new script does (so far):

-- When the player swallows prey, it increases their inventory weight using the formula (CarryWeight + 165), where 165 is an arbitrarily chosen value representing the weight of an 'average' human being. I used CarryWeight rather than InventoryWeight to ensure that the player is always slowed (slown?) regardless of their current inventory weight.

-- The player remains weighed down until one of three things occurs: the prey escapes, is excreted, or is absorbed. When one of those conditions is met, the player's weight is returned to its 'normal' value.

Additional notes: I'm currently in the design stages of the mod's first non-lore area: for the moment, I'm calling it the Sanctuary. In Blood of the Pred, Mia will hang out there with a small band of outcasts as they hide from the hostility of the outside world. After the player becomes a pred via the Companions, s/he'll (probably) be given a note via Courier that contains directions and a map-marker.

I'll be uploading the new script and updates later tonight (I hope).

KNOWN ISSUES:

--Skjor will lift empty space, when he should be lifting Aela's arm. This has the unintended side-effect of making Skjor appear to slice his own wrist (which is kind of melodramatic, but it works well enough). Seems to be an issue with Aela no longer being in werewolf form.

-- Skjor's slicing doesn't produce any sound, nor does the Underforge font when it fills. Again, it appears to be connected to the changes I made to Aela.

-- The player's 'fear' howl is intended to function as a swallow attempt; I know how to fix it (and in point of fact I -did- fix it in a previous build), but I'm focusing in other areas for the moment.

-- Aela's pred belly clips badly with her body; it's only visible from up close (you perv ;) ) and I've made a note to find a way around the issue.

FAQ:

1. 'Help! Aela has no pred belly/is still in her default clothes/is invisible!'

Do you -really- need me to tell you what to do here? Kidding! If you load up the mod and Aela doesn't have her belly when you reach the Silver Hand quest, check that Devourment is installed properly. If Devourment is installed and working, check that the modified scripts are in your Skyrim/Data/scripts folder.

If Aela is invisible, someone's probably monkied with the mod and changed Aela's outfit or 'skin' in some way. Unfortunately, there's nothing I can do except suggest re-downloading and reinstalling the mod.

2. 'Help! I'm not slowed down when I swallow someone!'

(NOTE: BotP's 'slow' script is NOT required for the mod to function properly; if it's not present, don't sweat it.)

Two possible causes: the customized EventHandler script isn't in Skyrim/data/scripts, or the handler hasn't registered properly. Put the scripts back, and/or check the file you downloaded to make sure I haven't forgotten it (as I occasionally do).

3. 'Help! How do I uninstall your mod?!'

First, open Skyrim via the launcher. Select 'data files' and uncheck the esp. Next, go into your data/scripts directory and remove the modified scripts (in a future build, I'm going to put them into a BSA for ease of uninstall).

NOTE: if you don't remove the BotP scripts, Aela will not have her belly (but will still be in her human form and may/may not be dressed) and any BotP-related quests and/or areas will not be present, or will not function as expected/at all. To 'fix' Skyrim, delete the BotP scripts from data/scripts; if you're in the middle of the Blood Ritual, I also recommend backtracking to an earlier save so that the werewolf quest advances properly.

I'm going to pack the scripts into a BSA in the next little while so that you don't have to hunt around if you want to be rid of them; I've left them 'loose' solely for my convenience (i.e, I don't have to pack them up again and again when I release a new test build).
Last edited by Isha on Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Isha
Participator

Postby kenny316 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:34 pm

I like the new stuff you are adding. Just now getting around to trying your mod out after I overloaded my Skyrim and it always CTD...got rid of all the mods and started over.
kenny316
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Isha » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:27 pm

kenny316 wrote:I like the new stuff you are adding. Just now getting around to trying your mod out after I overloaded my Skyrim and it always CTD...got rid of all the mods and started over.

Thanks! It's always nice to know that someone enjoys my work. How do you like it so far?

I haven't uploaded the weight script yet; I was testing it the other night and encountered a CTD. It only happened once, but once (in my opinion) is once too often, so I'm keeping it back while I do more intensive bug-hunting. I'm also holding off on the Sanctuary; I'm not satisfied with how the design is turning out.

Next up: working on the Kodlak/Varkas 'werewolf revealed' quest with (Vilkas? Can't remember offhand). Of course, I'm re-working it to fit with the rest of BotP, so it's probably going to be Aela or another female Companion that's assigned as your Shield-Sibling. I'm also looking into changing who meets you at the Underforge (which is one way of squashing the Skjor-cuts-his-own-wrist animation error).

Mia is going to be re-located eventually, but as she's already functional as-is, that's farther down on the priority list.
Isha
Participator

Postby kenny316 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:29 pm

I finished it last night. I thought it was awesome.
kenny316
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Isha » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:17 pm

kenny316 wrote:I finished it last night. I thought it was awesome.

:-D Yahoo! There's more to come -- I (sort-of) fixed the Aela-belly issue, and I found a huge 'oops' on my part -- Aela was walking around Jorvaskrr buck naked with a huge wriggling belly! That's fixed, though.

Haven't had a recurrance of the CTD from the weight script. It'll be going in this time, for certain, and I've discovered that Aela was originally set to be a shield-sibling during 'Proving Honor', but that was all cut for unknown reasons. Thankfully, the dialogue and voicework wasn't removed -- the quest script was just re-written so that Farkas is always set as your shield-sibling.

::EDIT:: Here's a handy tip for modders that want to change the default outfit but hold off the actual appearance change until later:

Look at the actor's default...eer....default, and put the outfit's components into the actor's inventory as individual items. Set the default outfit to 'NONE'. Make a new outfit, and use the Papyrus' 'SetOutfit' function when you want to change into the new gear. Since the actors will (in most cases) automatically equip the most effective equipment in their inventory, they'll wear their 'default' bits until you call SetOutfit via a script.
Isha
Participator

Postby Nornim » Fri May 01, 2015 2:36 am

Ah, so this mod makes Hircine the founder of Devourment. Before, I associated it with Molag Bal...Both make sense though.

I'd wager Devourment just being a gift from Daedra in general, considering how many Daedric Princes it could be traced to.
Nornim
Somewhat familiar

Postby Kavvanshrike » Fri May 01, 2015 3:50 am

Nornim wrote:Ah, so this mod makes Hircine the founder of Devourment. Before, I associated it with Molag Bal...Both make sense though.

I'd wager Devourment just being a gift from Daedra in general, considering how many Daedric Princes it could be traced to.

that is a very interesting concept, I always figured vore would be more of a Namira thing but you're quite right, you could easily associate devourment with most of the Daedric Princes(although you do need to consider non-lethal vore and some of the perks and spells to see any connection for some)
Kavvanshrike
Participator

Postby Isha » Sat May 02, 2015 3:57 pm

Nornim wrote:Ah, so this mod makes Hircine the founder of Devourment. Before, I associated it with Molag Bal...Both make sense though.

I thought long and hard about how to 'set up' the Devourment setting, and Hircine seemed (to me) to be the most logical -- being the Spirit of the Hunt, it made sense that a predatory creature would be under his aegis, as it were.
Isha
Participator

Postby Nornim » Sat May 02, 2015 4:30 pm

Kavvanshrike wrote:that is a very interesting concept, I always figured vore would be more of a Namira thing but you're quite right, you could easily associate devourment with most of the Daedric Princes(although you do need to consider non-lethal vore and some of the perks and spells to see any connection for some)

Back when, I think it was Sides, mentioned a vampire clan that could swallow their victims whole and presented a wiki page about it. Vampires being tied to Molag Bal much like Lycanthropes are tied to Hircine, I pretty much assumed this meant Molag Bal is behind the power since it involves the complete domination of the prey.

Namira is more about devouring dead people rather then living ones, her sphere being darkness and the repulsive. Considering the end result of digestion, she certainly is somewhat related to Devourment, but not in the aspect of consuming others alive, more so because of the taboo nature of Devourment since she nurtures forbidden practices and the shunned.

Clavicus Vile may only be associated because he can offer things to people, one solution to a good deal of problems would be Devourment, only to make their hunger uncontrollable so they consume people uncontrollably, would seem like a him thing to do.

Hermaeus Mora simply because knowledge; there isn't anything that asshole doesn't know. Meridia only because of the benefit digested people can't be brought back to life and that their life force is still utilized for nutrition, probably has little relation other then that. Sanguine is obvious, but he can be associated with almost anything as long as its even slightly sexual in nature or about having a good time. Sheogorath is just as obvious.

I think just for the heck of it, I may work on tiny mod that grants Devourment based bonus to Daedric Artifacts, like Acid and Swallow Resistance to the Savior's Hide and more books.

Isha wrote:I thought long and hard about how to 'set up' the Devourment setting, and Hircine seemed (to me) to be the most logical -- being the Spirit of the Hunt, it made sense that a predatory creature would be under his aegis, as it were.

The aspect of predator and prey is right up his alley, but the nature of Devourment has enough angles to it to link to a handful of Daedra, though the logical stand point does incorporate Hircine the most.
Nornim
Somewhat familiar

Postby Isha » Sat May 02, 2015 8:32 pm

New update. Details in the first post. Getting pretty close to what I envisioned when I started the project.
Isha
Participator

Postby Isha » Fri May 08, 2015 10:05 pm

Hey, folks! Time for an update!

New updates: I've set up an EventHandler script to automatically remove the Devourment skills when the game is first loaded; the only bug is that when you load a game without the abilities, they're automatically reloaded by the base Devourment installation. I don't know how to override that; if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know :? !

As of now, when you participate in the Companions' blood ritual, you're granted the Swallow and Swallow (non-lethal) abilities. I've also combined my unloader with the OnSwallow 'weigh the pred down' script, for double the fun! XD

I'll upload it later tonight, once I finish working out a few more things.

Want-to-Do:

I want to, eventually, turn 'Beast Form' into 'Pred Form'; I've been fiddling with the werewolf, and I've made some progress, but don't expect this anytime soon (it's proving incredibly complicated and I'm not getting the results I'd like from my tests).
Sculpting an area for Mia's 'Sanctuary' is equally troublesome; I really don't have the skill to craft a cave that I'm happy with. I'll figure something out, but for now, the Sanctuary is on the back burner.

Finally, I'm getting back into the dialogue alterations; I have an updated version of the mod, but I'm working from a back-dated version to correct a few of my rather amateurish attempts at modding XD.

When it arrives, enjoy -- and please leave feedback! I --love-- feedback, even when it's just 'this texture looks goofy'.
Isha
Participator

Postby kenny316 » Sat May 09, 2015 1:45 am

I am waiting on the new update to say how it is lol
kenny316
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby evilogith » Sat May 09, 2015 9:23 am

your Game File isnt Working :(
evilogith
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Isha » Sat May 09, 2015 5:00 pm

EvilGoth -- is it not loading? Or are the scripts broken? Do you have Devourment/SKSE/SkyUI installed? I'll take a look to see what might be wrong on my end of things.
Isha
Participator

Postby kenny316 » Mon May 11, 2015 11:49 pm

How goes the update? where you able to fix some of the mistakes you noticed
kenny316
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Isha » Sun May 24, 2015 6:44 am

Wow! Sorry, I got caught up in RL stuff. Yeah, I managed to fix a lot of bugs. Due to a computer error, I've had to reinstall a lot of stuff, but thankfully, I kept fairly complete backups, so I should be able to continue and get a new version out soon.
Isha
Participator

Next

Return to Vore game