Post removed

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Multiplayer scifi RPG, VORE Station (down for server mov

Postby SKoP » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:19 pm

I have a temparary server! I'll try and host it 24/3!

byond://162.156.53.216:26656
SKoP
New to the forum

Postby Aces » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:50 pm

SKoP wrote:I have a temparary server! I'll try and host it 24/3!

byond://162.156.53.216:26656

Server uses our code also.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Aces » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:48 pm

BWOIncognito just hit $1000 in total donations.

Congratulations to BWOIncognito! I feel the need to add some sort of plaque in-game somewhere at CentCom or on station.

No special privileges come with this, but it'd be nice to ICly acknowledge your character as a significant shareholder in the Virgo sector. Seems appropriate. Nice little perk for such a vast amount of money.

This last donation covered the costs of fixing the server problems. Expect big changes in the days to come!
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Multiplayer scifi RPG, VORE Station (Moving to new serve

Postby warbrand4 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:21 am

must get on this server more often.... yep I don't have much to do RL wise, awaiting big changes with glee. (not the crappy tv show type)
just an RPG maker mapper,
warbrand4
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Multiplayer scifi RPG, VORE Station (Moving to new serve

Postby warbrand4 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:25 am

was talking to Molenar on the skype chat and we sort of came up with a species idea for the server.

chalk slime (name temp)
possible species names
Kimlaspi (suggested by Molenar on skype)

biology: chalk slimes are a unique slime which has a soft inner body and a strong chalk shell, there slime is a highly alkaline substance which can either digest or absorb prey though is slow to digest anything do to their nature.

look: chalk slimes have three distinct looks.
slime form: a small tough slime imune to water but weak to fire or cutting.
anthro form: a look half way between that of a snake and human in design (reptile like eyes and no ears)
naga form: take anthro form and stick a segmented tail on it.

growth: chalk slimes start as a blob of thick milky white slime which has no shell and can easily be destroyed, but once they get their first "meal" either a living prey or genetic material of a living prey they will take on an anthromorphic form. upon gaining shell form they will look and act like an albino of the species they have taken form of with the exception of their tendency to swallow others alive, they will maintain this form anywhere from 1 hour to several years before moving to the last stage of their life the naga stage at this point the bottom half of their body becomes a segmented tail that one can see the slime and at extension their prey through. this tail can hold several preys at a time and in this stage the chalk slime can reproduce.

reproduction: chalk slimes are all female and herm no males in their ranks that being said they reproduce by finding a willing individual and unbrithing them, though all holes in their body lead to the same slime the vaginal path leads to a special slime in the naga stage this slime will absorb the prey turning them into a living ball of slime, first stage after about 10 minutes the new chalk slime will be released and the cycle starts over again. an adult chalk slime can only do this once per hour do to the fact that creating another chalk slime makes them extremely hungry.

absorbtion vs digestion
unlike other creatures which just digest prey chalk slimes can absorb their prey the thing is absorbed prey only goes to their growth and not to feeding them while digestion goes to feeding them and not to growth. Another strange quirk is the fact that prey absorbed is not always killed in cases of chalk slimes caring for their prey an absorbed prey may be fused to the slime as a secondary core, from this core the chalk slime can "Reform" their prey. It is speciulated that this core is nothing more then a ball of stem cells and brain tissue though no one has been able to study one before it reforms the prey.

quirks
1. if eats prey same size or larger then it the prey can be "seen" through the cracks in the chalk
2. they have three organs, their chalk shell, digestive slime, and core. (four at full grown with the reproductive slime)
3. they are highly acidic resistance to the point that if eaten it will take hours just to digest their shell though the slime and core are easily digested.
4. they can mimic the species they have taken "form" off to a T even to the point of knowing language and culture though how they do this is unknown.

use in science
ok this is not likely to happen but here are things that can be found from studying chalk slimes.
1. reforming prey (supper power) allows one to absorb prey into cores (placed in hand on digestion) said cores can be used to "clone" the prey anywhere by just dropping them on the floor and poring water on them. (the chalk slimes start with this has no aura)
2. anti acid responce their shell can be scraped for anti acids (slow down digestion time?) (chalk slimes can not utilize this mostly an RP thing here)
warbrand4
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Multiplayer scifi RPG: VORE Station (New & improved serv

Postby Aces » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:49 pm

Server is finally back up and running! Sorry for the long delay everyone! It's now much more powerful than before, too!
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Jusey01 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:51 pm

Server isn't working for me.
Jusey01
New to the forum

Postby Aces » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:55 pm

Jusey01 wrote:Server isn't working for me.

Can you explain more? Are you getting any errors?
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Byzanballingempire » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:28 pm

Aces wrote:

I'm also incapable of joining. I try to connect, and it immediately responds with a "connection failed" error on the byond client. I'll try to fix connectivity issues on my end, but that might not solve it.
Byzanballingempire
New to the forum

Postby sivrel » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:36 pm

Question? What is the demand for redshirts in the V.O.R.E. station? XD
sivrel
New to the forum

Postby Aces » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:24 pm

Byzanballingempire wrote:
Aces wrote:

I'm also incapable of joining. I try to connect, and it immediately responds with a "connection failed" error on the byond client. I'll try to fix connectivity issues on my end, but that might not solve it.

What IP are you all attempting to connect to? Obviously the old one doesn't work anymore.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Byzanballingempire » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:49 pm

Aces wrote:
What IP are you all attempting to connect to? Obviously the old one doesn't work anymore.

Oddly enough, it's working now that I'm directly pasting the address into the byond connection bar, just not clicking the link on the first page.
Byzanballingempire
New to the forum

Postby lapraslunch » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:09 am

Aces wrote:

I am also having this problem, the only difference is that it tries to connect for about 2 minutes and then fails.. I have tried copying and paste-ing the link (byond://198.27.70.10:2303) from the first page into beyond, opening the link directly, and even writing it into the beyond "open" window manually. Nothing seems to work... :(
lapraslunch
Somewhat familiar

Postby ChloBu » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:22 am

Same here...
byond://198.27.70.10:2303 isn't working.
ChloBu
New to the forum

Postby Aces » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:39 am

ChloBu wrote:Same here...
byond://198.27.70.10:2303 isn't working.

Okay well, there was a brief down time just last night because of an automatic update. I have disabled that. Try again.

If you still can't connect, PM me.

Aces wrote:

Oddly enough, it's working now that I'm directly pasting the address into the byond connection bar, just not clicking the link on the first page.

That link only works if you already have Byond installed and your browser knows what program to associate it with, which is the Byond client.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby warbrand4 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:09 pm

Ok probably a bad idea but going to try and post a ss13 lore friendly version of a kitsune .... yes I know this will conflict with personal lores so will edit until it his a majority fit. currently based around a few people I have seen and my own character.

Kitsune aka multi tailed fox

basic info: kitsunes hail from a small moon in a classified area of the vergo sector. not much is known about their culture except it seems to mirror early to modern Japanese culture, in many ways.

biology: kitsunes are a unique anthropomorphic fox sepecies which can breed with any other anthro species out there. Because of this kitsunes vary greatly in look, and abilities but in this write up will focues on the moon native species.

height: the average kitsune is between 6 inches and 9 feet in height this large variation of hight is do to a strange defensive mechanism which allows them to shrink or grow almost at will though it has been shown that if one does it more then once per 12 standard hours they will quickly tire and many will pass out. the true size of a full grown adult kitsune is 6 feet tall when this fact is not taken into account though ones upto 20 feet tall have been observed on some stations.

tails: kitsunes main feature is the fact that they have a minimum of 2 tails and a max of 9 it is said that a nine tailed kitsune is one of great power in their culture... the V.O.R.E station has observed that a kitsune only gains this "power" by consuming lesser kitsunes or creatures as most do not have the desire for the power this is rare among the culture as a hole.

nine tail warning: all nine tails are great leaders and have vast power, weather that power is the ability to use a sword or gun with great skill or just being a really good cook it doesn't mater though they all seem to have a slight ego when hitting the rank of 9 tails. another thing noted about 9 tailed kitsunes is they seem to have a near infinite life spam with the oldest ones having memory of 16th century earth do to a recon mission in their past.

age and beauty: kitsunes also have a unique aging process that being that many visually stop aging between 20 and 30 years of age though some have been seen to look way older then that. many scientists believe that a kitsune only starts to look older then 30 when they want to age and that their biology allows this... blood samples have been taken for NT to make anti aging creams with.

as for beauty kitsunes rank it in two ways either by the standard one or by the tails with a 3 tail even an ugly one being considered more beautiful then a 2 tail.

hybrids: a slightly common thing to see with kitsunes is hybrids as they seem to be able to mate with any mammalian creature in existence with biology remotely like theirs. though their are two major versions of the hybrids human and k9. The human kitsune hybrid is the most common and only has three visual traits of their kitsune linage the traits being ears, eyes and tails. K9 hybrids on the other hand look almost exactly like their standard variant though the difference is in eyes and fur color, for example a grey wolf anthro and a kitsune will result in a grey furred kitsune.

culture: this is a tricky subject as NT staff are rarely allowed on teh kitsunes home moon or their embassies do to a classified event involving a fox and pun pun. what is known is that their culture is similar to that of 20th century japan though with a notable difference kitsunes seem to see all life as having a purpose and have been known to go to war cause of senseless death, that being said the purpose of a life may simply be in their eyes to feed them. kitsune cultures have even been known to "tame" a xeno nest by keeping it supplied with willing victims in exchange for the corpse of dead xenos and the hatched remains of the eggs.

exports by culture: xeno chitin, industrial and military grade acids, rice, katana's, plasma katana's, laser katana's, chitin armor, battle xenos [classified], blood samples, sake, double distiled sake [has been shown to knock out a full grown dragon]

rare biological trates

rarely kitsunes have been shown to have strange biological traits while some are common others are much rarer.

hypnotism: this trait has only been seen a few times and only in a few 9 tails, though it is not as strong as some species out there hypnotism from a kitsune has been shown to ease the mind of a person being hypnotized kitsunes that can do this tend to work in hospitals and bars where they can easy the fear or thoughs they are working with.

low grade telephapy: even rarer then hypnotism this trait allows a kitsune with it to influence the mind of a single target for a time the effects range from just being able to convenes some one to drink something they normally wouldn't to being able to make some one believe the kitsune just lit them on fire with their mind.

it should be noted that both of the traits above only effect a low percent of the population most are immune to the kistunes abilities mentioned though all being can be effected if they let them selves vary few are effected out right.
warbrand4
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Aces » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:52 pm

Aces wrote:SERVER ADDRESS
byond://198.27.70.10:2303

Found the problem with the link.

The link said URL=byond:/byond://198.27.70.10:2303 which is obviously wrong.

The address is correct but the link was wrong. It's fixed now.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Multiplayer scifi RPG: VORE Station (Corrected IP addres

Postby ChloBu » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:17 am

Who should i add to join the skype group ?!
ChloBu
New to the forum

Postby lapraslunch » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:58 am

Aces wrote:
Aces wrote:SERVER ADDRESS
byond://198.27.70.10:2303

Found the problem with the link.

The link said URL=byond:/byond://198.27.70.10:2303 which is obviously wrong.

The address is correct but the link was wrong. It's fixed now.

Yep. Everything is work good now. Thanks Aces. :)
lapraslunch
Somewhat familiar

Re: Multiplayer scifi RPG: VORE Station (Corrected IP addres

Postby warbrand4 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:17 pm

Concept area: jungle moon (name temp)

info: as a reward for well work the v.o.r.e station has been set to orbit a jungle moon and has had a shuttle set up to go back and forth from this moon at public access... this moon though has been noted to have hostile life but has breath taking views.

location info: an island on a jungle moon, with a "poisoned" sea around it. the island has a small station with a secondary kitchen and bar as well as a minor research section with supplies for sec(behind locked door) mining and all science areas (extremely limited).

the island its self is heavily overgrown with a central mountain containing huge amounts of plasma and pocket caves of life. the island also has unique animals living on it ranging from a turkey like creature to maybe some large reptiles and even some unique plant life (if given a base sprite I can make any plant sprites needed).

use of island: welll that is where my idea ends this is meant to be open ended.
warbrand4
Advanced Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game