Nomad Vore Game Alpha 34.3C

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Nomad Vore Game Alpha 34.3C

Postby darkevilme » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:44 am

Nomad is a vore game I've been building for years now. It's coming together nicely though committing to making a game of this scope means I can't create all the content. That's where community contributions and guest writers can come in.

As for what sort of game it is?
A dash of roguelike (but without the perma death mechanic as...this is a vore game and i think too many people want to go gurgle), a fair bit of exploration and survival and all set in a science fiction setting. Science fiction seems to be less popular as a place for vore games so I'm fixing that. Game has pred and play gameplay and support for becoming something other than female and human.

Premise:
You're a human from earth's first FTL mission. During the initial jump something went horribly wrong, casting the ship a vast distance further into the unknown than intended and leaving the ship in critical condition. You escaped, but now your pod has come crashing down upon a strange world. You are alone, surrounded by danger and far from home. If you ever wish to return to earth then adventure awaits.

Features:
Spoiler: show
Ammo, inventory and weapons system
crafting system
faction support
space travel system including FTL travel
space combat
open world gameplay
ease of content addition
XML definitions
LUA support
science fiction

What sort of content is in nomad:
Nomad is a game that contains demis/monstergirls, some anthros and ferals and includes females, herms, dickgirls and ambigously ungendered its (mostly the ferals) what is not in the game however is males. No offence to those into that but M/M doesn't sit well with me. Fetish wise nomad supports....sexual scenes, oralvore, breastvore, unbirth, analvore, cockvore, tailvore, cock transformation/absorption and straight up absorption...so most things really.

changelog:
Changelog

Troubleshooting:
"It crashed/broke/had an error, did anything it wasn't supposed to"= this means you need to send me the contents of the error.log file in the game directory. This file will contain information I can use to determine the cause of this terrible event.

"Why aren't there any males in the game/why can't i play as a male"= developer preferences+ time constraints. In a perfect world you'd have this game being created by an omnifetishist with infinite time, muse and energy for writing endeavours.

"java is not a recognized command"=this means you don't have a java runtime environment installed.

Failed to create the GLFW window/ EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION/A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment= You might not have the necessary openGL support. Check using the GL extension viewer tool found online to see if you have openGL 3.3 and GLSL 140 core support on your machine.

"I can't see the edge of the window"=you need to go into nomad/assets/config.txt and adjust the window size to fit your screen

"i experienced a fetish i didn't like!"
put the fetish string in the assets/data/preference.txt one to a line. see the fetish strings in the fetishes section of this here OP.

modders guides:
conversation files

Download:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/9wrt0eti4ewt6/Nomad
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/i7fiteahqnhiprq/AACCqYgSmckk-5OxZSnmAQIua?dl=0

Nomad Patreon:
patreon

Discord channel:
https://discord.gg/u5ueq9A

source code:
https://github.com/warpedrealities/Nomad-vore-game
https://gitlab.com/WarpedRealities/Nomad-vore-game

Contributers:
Komaru,'J', Serenity, j_mac_tavish,HTC,TiraT,maenethal,Marvy, AlphaShows, Failborg,Mik,zero, connor the elite
Last edited by darkevilme on Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:15 pm, edited 228 times in total.
darkevilme
---

Re: Nomad Vore Game Tech demo 0B

Postby Bright » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:22 am

Could you show us a screenshot of the game?
Visit my artblog?
http://julienbrightsidesart.blogspot.no/
Bright
Heavy user

Postby Midir » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:25 am

Hello darkevilme, nice to meet you again ^^

And first request - could you make the screen smaller, it does not fully fit my monitor resolution 1600x900.
Midir
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:46 am

Bright. Here.

Midir....This is what i get for asking people about resolutions on the chat. I will TRY. but as i sorta, hard coded everything on the assumption of resolution the best i can do is shrink things.
darkevilme
---

Postby Shadowlyger » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:47 am

Yeah miiiiiight need to make the window a wee bit smaller.

EDIT: I AM DEFEATED
Shadowlyger
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Nomad Vore Game Tech demo 0C

Postby darkevilme » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:10 pm

Alright. that was marginally less painful than I expected. But there may be true life consequences for shrinking the game.
darkevilme
---

Postby hyenaofleisure » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:44 pm

The game isn't opening for me. I hit 'run' which I am assuming is the ideal way to open the game, but it opened my command interface. I hit enter, but then said interface closed, and nothing happened.
hyenaofleisure
Been posting for a bit

Postby Salanth » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:08 pm

Oh, darkevilme! Uh, that reminds me, you asked for feedback on an update on ai update vore wars some time back, and then you got no reply. I was going to test it and report back but that never happened. Sorry about that.

In any case I took a quick look, seems like a decent start for this early in development. Excited to see what becomes of it. Oh yeah, I suppose the text of the harpies putting you "deep into their womb" is still just placeholder for now? Because it doesn't really seem to do much.
Salanth
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:26 pm

that1guy,, yes, placeholders because this is a tech demo. but the fact that all that stuff is exposed in XML files means someone could replace the vore scenes with something with actual smut content.

As for Hyena.. I dun suppose it gave you a message of some sort in the command interface or in the error log text file? this game inherits game engine stuff from vore war.

edit:
I'm trying to track down sequence breaks in the vore dialogue systems. As that's the key smut engine. If someone could get unbirthed by harpies a lot and see what they can discover that'd be great. The dialogue is place holders hence being devoid of smutty detail and short. But the sequence and pathing should work okay assuming the dialogue engine doesn't crap out in reading the XML and stuff.
darkevilme
---

Re: Nomad Vore Game Tech demo 0D

Postby komaru » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:49 pm

Tagging for easy visibility. Just downloaded, once I have a bit of free time, I'll see if I can track down a bug or 2 in the vore engine!

Edit: Ok, so a basic rundown of what I've found so far in version 0D regarding the vore system:

works well so far if there's 1 predator, I was able to eventually trigger the strength fail, the pleasure fail, the strength and pleasure successes, and the surrender with no trouble.

With multiple preds around however, it seemed the vore couldn't trigger at all, I just kept getting an endless loop of "The harpy begins to straddle you." I'm unsure if it's all the same harpy looping or all of them trying to vore simultaneously. If I can figure out adding a new enemy, I'll make another test pred and see if that helps narrow it down.

My only other suggestion regarding it would be a restart key for the game over screen, or if there is one, just label it, I wasn't able to find one using the "usual suspects" (Return, Esc, Space, R or Left Click)

EDIT2: Okay, made a goblin (pretty much a carbon copy of harpy minus flying and a view descriptions.) Think I may have found the cause of the aforementioned bug. Seems to actually have nothing to no with number or type of preds, but rather seems to be triggered by the player reaching negative HP (usually from an escape from a pred, although occasionally can be caused from taking a lot of damage at once.)

As a side note, if you want another test monster with terrible text, here's the goblin I made, like I said, she's basically the same as the harpy, except she has oral vore over UB, and doesn't fly. Might fool around with another monster later on to test how a monster with multiple vores works atm, if that's something you want tested?
Attachments
Goblin.zip
(3.04 KiB) Downloaded 1351 times
Last edited by komaru on Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
komaru
???

Postby Firon » Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:53 pm

not bad at all....I'll be keeping an eye on this
Firon
---

Postby darkevilme » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:21 pm

Much thanks Komaru:
Multiple vores, non vores, all the vores. Whatever appeals to you Komaru. The whole point of me making the dialogue in XML and script support in lua for the AI is to make the game as moddable as possible.
And regarding the error I'm going to ring fence the hell out of the beat player/start conversation with checks that the dialogue isn't active. I thought I fixed that with version D but I guess not.

Regarding modding:
Anyone wanting to write content feel free to ask me about stuff. I know I haven't gotten a howto up yet but I'll get there. Also, those planning to make content can feel free to suggest things that'd be handy to have supported by the game. Like hell am I doing this all myself. Speaking of doing for myself though I added an ability to in theory have the AI run as LUA scripts so enemies could behave differently. I'm not fluent in LUA and not necessary able to devote the time to become proficient(someone on the chatrooms suggested doing this). So if anyone wants to write AI for the game you'll need few things

something like this in the definition for the npc.
Code: Select all
<controller AI="harpy"/>

This looks in data/ai for the file named harpy.lua
the code must have a main function like so
function main(controllable, sense) 
   a=math.random(0,8)
   controllable:Move(a);

end 

the controllable interface is for what it's controlling
   public boolean Move(int direction);

public boolean Attack(int x, int y);

public boolean setAttack(int attack);

public int getDisposition();

public boolean getAggressive();

public boolean Pathto(int x, int y);

public boolean FollowPath();

public boolean HasPath();

public int getHealth();

public int getResolve();

public LuaValue getValue(int index);

public void setValue(int index, LuaValue value);

public Vec2f getPosition();

public void Wait();

the sense interface is just some handy info
   public boolean CanWalk(int x, int y);

public boolean CanSeePlayer(int x, int y);

public Vec2f getPlayerPosition();

public int getPlayerHealth();

public int getPlayerResolve();
darkevilme
---

Postby RediQ » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:53 pm

When i use run.bat, it gives me this error:

Don't mind the white space, that's just me blotting out my true name and the file path. And the ¥ symbol is just how windows displays backslashes when the system locale is set to Japanese - they work exactly the same, and I don't think that is the problem since other java programs can run fine.

I'm assuming it's saying that I need a different (probably newer?) version of Java than the one that i have, but for all I know it could just be some uh... filepath thing, like maybe it's trying to use the wrong thing to unpack the jar? What edition of java did you use to make this?

...God it's been ages since the last time I worked with Java myself, there was a time when I might have been able to understand what this is saying but now it's mostly alien nonsense.
RediQ
Participator

Re: Nomad Vore Game Tech demo 0E

Postby darkevilme » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:03 pm

version 8 update 60. I updated just before starting this project. So yeah I'm probably using a newer version of java than you are.

edit: New version up. Hopefully stabilized conversation engine.
darkevilme
---

Re: Nomad Vore Game Tech demo 0EA

Postby komaru » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:47 pm

Will certainly have a look at the new version. In the mean time, to see if I can get the ball rolling with monster creation, I threw together a few "templates" for a basic monster, a victory scene, and a defeat scene. I also added a few comments into the files based on what I've played around with, to hopefully let people know what they're changing, without being worried about breaking something (Seriously, these monsters are so awesomely customizable! Play around with it!).

I do plan on making some cool new templates with longer conversations/more than 1 vore, etc. (probably in the form of actual monsters, rather than generic templates.), and will continue to throw comments in the XML.

To actually add a monster to the game, all that you need to do is open the desired world .xml (which can be opened with any text editor, although i like just using Notepad++, it's free and colour codes things to make it look less overwhelming if you're not too familiar with xml.) (Also, the only world is currently Alpha Minoris IIA, both zones 1A and 1B) and between the <floodfill> tags, put <SeedNPCs min="x" max="x" name="myEnemy"> </SeedNPCs> where min is the minimum number of that enemy you want to spawn, and max is, well, the maximum that you want to spawn, and the name is the name of your enemy (determined by what you re-named the "<Enemy></Enemy>" tags to. (more on this in the enemy template.))

All that said, I did have a couple of questions before I try some things with enemies:

1) I've seen the THERMAL, and KINETIC damage types, what others (if any) are available, and is there a file that can be edited to add others?
2)Other than flying, is there any other properties that can be added to enemies at the moment?
3)I've seen a way to add multiple vores via the initial defeat menu, is there a way to have it pick a random vore? Or will it basically be "player's choice"? I know there's a random number generator behind the scenes being used for seeding/attack damage, just wondering if it can be accessed in the vore conversations.

EDIT: Seems that the fix is working for the infinite conversation loop, have not been able to go under 0 HP again, so I have not seen it trigger.
Attachments
enemyTemplates.zip
Template for basic enemies. Just move the enemyTemplate to the npc folder, and the victory/defeat templates to the conversations folder.
(3.44 KiB) Downloaded 867 times
komaru
???

Postby darkevilme » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:35 pm

Komaru gets a minor request cookie for being of assistance in the early days. And now to answer the questions.
1) KINETIC, THERMAL,SHOCK. TEASE,PHEREMONE,PSYCHIC. Note the last 3 need more work before it'll work properly and also they're aimed at resolve not hp. Yes, enemies can seduce you into being willing in theory.
True Resolve and True Health damage types which cannot be resisted by defence scores are coming in a future version. And no the damage types are hard coded as they're the first 6 slots on the attribute table for the npcs and player. I'd have to refactor how defences are handled to make them fluid.
2) Nope, mainly cause none have occured to me.
3) Not yet, but a random number dice roller conditional IS scheduled to be added to the game with the next update.

Regarding something seen in the templates.
Enemies can be given multiple attacks, but the default fallback AI won't use any but the first attack. For an enemy to use multiple attacks would currently require someone to insert an LUA script into the AI slot and in it call controllable.setAttack(int attack) with the number of the attack to change which one its using before calling attack(x,y). so you could have a dragon with a breath weapon at long range doing heat and a melee attack doing kinetic at short range. But the default AI doesn't use more than the first attack cause the whole idea was people would write LUA AIs.

Regarding another thing in the templates.
Multiple descriptions for an attack means it random picks one when the attack is launched. so you could have several different ways for it to say the harpy claws you with claws and it'd vary it up a bit.
darkevilme
---

Postby komaru » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:54 pm

Sounds good! That definitely gives me a fair bit to play around with.

Will update the template with a few of those things as well, was kind of wondering how multiple attacks would work.

Seems I may end up teaching myself a bit of lua ;p

EDIT: Lewd-ified the harpy a bit

-added a harpySeduced conversation for beating one with seduction instead of attacks. Slight changes result from this, the most notable being that it's the only way to trigger healing unbirth, even with over 30 disposition.
-Giving the harpy oral no longer gives experience, just friendliness (disposition) and makes her nonhostile, Just to prevent people spam seducing non-hostile harpies to grind xp ;p
-Making the harpy give you oral no longer makes her nonhostile, but gives you experience, if done through the Seduced conversation, her attitude will remain unchanged, if done through defeated conversation, she will immediately go hostile again. (Might also make this heal the player a little bit, later.)
-A hostile harpy who defeats a player with over 30 disposition will now cause a small loss of disposition. Turns out harpies don't befriend weaklings. ;p
-generally just tried to flesh out some of the conversations
-each different outcome that leads to a game over now has slightly different text. (E.G. failing to escape via Strength gives a different game over than submitting.)

The only thing I noticed, doing this is that the buttons and game over screen can't hold all that much text. Buttons seem mostly sufficient, unless you wanted to write something really wordy for some reason. Game over screen seems not to make use of about 2-3 lines near the bottom, and the text could probably be *slightly* smaller, if possible. It holds about 1-2 sentences now.

Didn't really add an AI or anything yet, I have a few more monster-girls I think I'll put on this planet to try some different conversation/AI/combat things with.
Attachments
Harpy.zip
Harpy - Generic Flying Unbirth Monster
(5.7 KiB) Downloaded 963 times
komaru
???

Re: Nomad Vore Game Tech demo 0F

Postby darkevilme » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:16 am

Outstanding Komaru. I went and integrated it into 0F if that's okay.

Version 0F contains various small things though what might be of use to you and anyone else is a new dialogue conditional that should work
<condition operator="lessthan" evaluate="DICEROLL" value="10"/>

This rolls a D20.

My plans for 0G:
to create an ability for the dialogue engine to detect if the player is naked already so any undressing will make sense or not.
to make it load things like window scale from a text file so those with larger monitors can re-inflate the game window and those with monitors even shorter than 800 pixels can take their chances with the compression.
To continue to work towards implementing loading and saving
Possibly work on adding pref tagging for branches. So those who aren't into vore type X can have it forbidden from appearing.
darkevilme
---

Postby komaru » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:21 pm

Excellent, and I'm glad you like it!

I will see if I can find some time to play with that dialogue over the weekend!
komaru
???

Postby komaru » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:35 pm

Regarding something seen in the templates.
Enemies can be given multiple attacks, but the default fallback AI won't use any but the first attack. For an enemy to use multiple attacks would currently require someone to insert an LUA script into the AI slot and in it call controllable.setAttack(int attack) with the number of the attack to change which one its using before calling attack(x,y). so you could have a dragon with a breath weapon at long range doing heat and a melee attack doing kinetic at short range. But the default AI doesn't use more than the first attack cause the whole idea was people would write LUA AIs.

Quick questions about this, making a Centauress who has two attacks, a charge, and a kick. The Charge hits like a truck, but ideally, can only be used under certain conditions. The kick being fer normal, filler attack.

I'm looking to code this into the lua, and just had a couple of questions:

1)when calling the controllable.attack() method, what do the x and y do? Just attack at that location, picking whichever attack can reach?
2) I'm not familiar with LUA's syntax, but could I write an if statement to choose and attack, so I'm thinking, from a pseudo-code point of view, something like:

if (controllable.getPlayerPosition() (is more than 1-2 blocks away from Centauress, so not in melee range, but no further than two blocks))
           {
             controllable.move(x,y(player position, since it's a charge))
             controllable.attack(using the charge attack)(x,y)
           }
komaru
???

Next

Return to Vore game