Ultimate Blackjack [Moddable for custom text]

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Ultimate Blackjack (December 23 MAJOR update)

Postby Journeyman » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:55 pm

scottypilgrim, heh, you can see why I'd never tested splitting on a pair of tens ;)
I didn't realize that bit about blackjacks on a split! There's many rule variants for blackjack (you'll notice that I've implemented the no-hold-card rule, and also players win on a tied blackjack), but that doesn't seem to be one of them. Just a misinterpretation by me! When the next dealer is released, I'll have that fixed.
Journeyman.
Journeyman
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby tyrion13 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:41 pm

speaking of do we have an eta on when that will be?
tyrion13
Somewhat familiar

Postby Journeyman » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:14 pm

tyrion13, not quite yet! Bunch of formatting/cleaning up stuff had to be done. That's mostly cleared up, and I'm back on track, but not entirely sure on an ETA yet. That being said, readers of Journey's blog know how to spy on Journey's progress XD
Journeyman.
Journeyman
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby spider2828 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:52 pm

Hiiii, i was going to test your game ((i loved the last version)) but the alternate version´s link doesn´t work ((and i need it because i have the driver problems)) anymore :( it is only me or it is down??
spider2828
New to the forum

Postby Journeyman » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:16 pm

spider2828, whaaa!?! I have no idea how I managed to delete it last time I updated it... I put it back up there!
Journeyman.
Journeyman
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby tyrion13 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:48 pm

I do wish we could see progress and donate for the dealer right after the current one.
tyrion13
Somewhat familiar

Postby mouth111 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:21 am

Journeyman, I usually like to see what kind of impact my donations would have. If it's not too much trouble could you have some sort of progress bar or indicator to reach the next character? Also A patreon might serve you well if you plan on doing stuff like this long term.

Apologies if this was previously stated this thread, I don't have the time to read through it.
mouth111
Been posting for a bit

Postby Journeyman » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:31 am

mouth111, heya~ Mm, long thread, I know--Sorry! There's been lots of discussions! To answer your question/point, I do generally have a progress bar in the OP to indicate percentage of funding reached for the next dealer. Just at the moment, Kosmo has been fully funded and I'm working to add her to the game. For the next dealer, Lexie, I'm still awaiting an estimate from the intended next artist, so even I do not yet know the impact that donations will make towards her funding! Once I know how much we're shooting for, I'll reset the bar, and it will already have some progress--Technically, Kosmo was over-funded by 16 dollars, and 2 other donations arrived after the 'fully funded' announcement, so some percent is already underway!

A Patreon is...tricky for this. I am not much of an artist when it comes to humanoids; I create the user interface, and I do touch-up work to the characters to correct line/color issues when prepping for putting into the game, but the majority of my role is commissioning and then feature coding, cutscene scripting, and dialogue writing. While I could argue that the interactivity of the game and its writing make this a unique experience, the game simply wouldn't exist without the artwork, and that's produced according to the schedules of the commissioned artists. I don't think anyone wants to pay me monthly to see me code! :D
Journeyman.
Journeyman
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Ultimate Blackjack (February 14 MAJOR update)

Postby Journeyman » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:38 am

Double-post time~~

Hey guys!
Update!
Welcome to version 3 of Ultimate Blackjack, featuring your latest dealer, Kosmo! Check out the download link in the original post.

New stuff:
  • Dealer image may now overlap table image (Kosmo puts her elbows on the table!)
  • Modified mechanism for positioning images; visually no different, but easier to implement images
  • "Recent" feature--Occasionally, dealers might make reference to a recently-eaten dealer (if you recently ate one). Or they might just pick on Raven.
  • SkipList feature--"Story-like" dialogue will attempt not to repeat itself too often. Unless it needs to.
  • Bug Fix: Apparently, getting a 21 on a split isn't a blackjack. Who knew?!? Scottypilgrim knew, that's who. So, fix'd.
  • Special Dialogue feature--There are now cases where some dealers might have special dialogue under certain circumstances, like a holiday.

All-in-all, not as huge an update as last time, feature-wise (but then again, there were about 7 months between Raven and Marie), but hopefully this'll give you a bit more fun and challenge!

Where do we go from here? Well, there's work in progress! Want to see Lexie, illustrated by Ashley_Urikoshima? Donations are being collected now! Woooooooo~

Once again, I want to give you guys a huuge thanks--this project got off slowly and has had its share of rough patches, but you guys have been wonderfully supportive of our forum artists. Your continuing efforts to get these characters into the game inspire/push me to pour ideas into this game, and it's grown into something far larger than I thought possible! I can hardly believe that this little game of Blackjack has so much going on now!

As always, bug reports, constructively positive feedback, and rantings about evil hungry ladies are all welcome :)
Last edited by Journeyman on Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Journeyman.
Journeyman
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:32 am

And thus we are now Recieveing updates "FROM THE FUTURE", as according the West Coast of the US, "FROM THE FAR OFF DATE OF TOMORROW!"
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby dst3313 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:38 am

Play tomorrow's game, today? Yes please :)

(Looking forward to playing this when I get back home!)
dst3313
Somewhat familiar

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:00 am

... A new dealer... And I beat her on the first try...

It's a mirracle.

I guess my mantra of never hitting on 13 ever again works.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Journeyman » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:38 am

dst3313, Yay!! Hope you have fun!

0Anesthetic4u, hahahaha, congratulations!!! A Valentine's Day miracle!!! :D And good mantra, too ;)
Journeyman.
Journeyman
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Bright » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:39 am

Heh, Kosmo has a certain demonic feel to her.
Visit my artblog?
Spoiler: show
http://julienbrightsidesart.blogspot.no/
Bright
Heavy user

Postby Kamelagram » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:20 am

Glitch report: Kosmo's blinking animation while her eyes are burning is a bit off, the eyelids are appearing floating in mid air.

On a more personal note:
Spoiler: show
I had been looking forward to Kosmo, since one of my biggest kinks in vore is watching a powerful women rendered helpless/humiliated. While this does happen when Kosmo loses, it's a bit of a downer only getting 3 face zoom ins, especially when most of the picture is obscured by those jaws. While the zoom in thing is something from the artist, the change in perspective is a bit of a mood killer. The other 2 girls vanished somewhere below the camera, keeping it in a first person perspective, but the camera suddenly in the jaws makes it feel less like you're winning, and more some other pred won and they're eating both of you. TBH considering her attitude/disposition, I had been expecting her to throw a fit and claiming you're a cheater before leaving claw marks in the table as she tries to climb her way out of your mouth.

I realize most of that isn't you, since you're stuck with whatever the artist drew, but yeah... I think I'll just be sticking with the first 2 girls for now...
Beautiful prey,
squirms in my agony,
fuel for my lust.

It's a poor excuse for a haiku, but still one of the better things I have written. XD
Kamelagram
Participator

Postby Maexam2 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:32 am

I don't get it. I tried downloading BOTH versions. Yet often BOTH of them crashed right on the FIRST hand against Marie, sometimes before that when I'm selecting the dealer! Why does that happen?
I repeat, it dosen't happens always. But more often than not yes.
Maexam2
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Journeyman » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:00 am

Kamelagram, ah, nuts. Yea, she isn't supposed to blink on that particular image because of the lighting effect. I forgot to turn something off there!! I've updated the OP link. Be sure to check out one previous dealer in particular, on February 14th in particular! ;D

Maexam2, Yikes~ Hmrm. Are you getting any sort of error message when it crashes? I tried many times with a fresh game and with a version 2 save file, and haven't gotten a single crash ._. There must be something I've missed!
Journeyman.
Journeyman
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Teruyo » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:09 am

Fifteen hundred dollars on Kosmo!? How am I gonna cheat and steal my way through this one? No fair.
Teruyo
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Journeyman » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:51 am

Teruyo, woah!!! Fifteen hundred???? Oh, goodness. I have to admit, I'm giggling inside a little bit. You're just to darned loyal a blackjack player, Teruyo ;) That amount carried over from way back, long before I thought the game would get all the way to 3 dealers, and has been sitting in your save file, carrying forward from update to update. Once you lose to Kosmo, she should reset to $500, which is her new starting value. It's um...a loyalty bonus! ... ;)

Edit: Incidentally, I've just written a fix for that so that it won't happen with dealer #4, if we get a dealer #4. But for now, just win or lose one time :)
Journeyman.
Journeyman
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby GREGOLE » Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:24 pm

Kamelagram: Sorry, I figured it would get repetitive if each winning sequence was the same. The "looking out through the opening jaws" effect is something I've always liked.
I could do more frames if that'll make you feel better.

Personality-wise, she's heavily based on a friend of mine, so I can't really imagine her throwing a tantrum over losing. Not the way she encourages you throughout the entire game.
GREGOLE
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game