Suggestions, Put suggestions here

Forum for our dedicated Vore themed Minecraft server, more details [url=https://aryion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=43179]here[/url]

Moderator: Vorecraft

Re: Suggestions, Put suggestions here

Postby sn0riat » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:01 pm

Hey there! Actually the server has the option to create private groups with /kc p [groupname] where you can invite your friends with /kc invite [playername]. Emotes and messages that are written in the group chat are not seen by anyone except the members of the group. Also you can use the local chat with /kc % too. The chat plugin is pretty stable. Nevertheless exchanging skype names is a popular thing on the server, so if you find friends there, you will also most likely exchange your skype names! Have a nice time :)
sn0riat
New to the forum

Postby LuIre » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:48 pm

Is there a way to opt out of seeing the "X was digested by X" broadcasts?
Not everyone likes seeing that, and its slowly ruining the game for me. Some days, i honestly don't mind, other days it drives me nuts.
If there isn't, can someone edit the plug in so there is a way to do so?
LuIre
New to the forum

Postby Skyboxmonster » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:51 pm

I agree with that a change to opt-out of those nonfictions would be useful. I'm okay when I see just one person get digested. but when I see 3 people at a time get killed all at once it makes my stomach turn.
Skyboxmonster
New to the forum

Postby Cyrisus » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:04 pm

In addition to the above. I also kind of wish that there was an op-out option for being digested yourself.
Cyrisus
New to the forum

Postby Reff » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:20 pm

Cyrisus wrote:In addition to the above. I also kind of wish that there was an op-out option for being digested yourself.

There is. for one, you can talk in brackets (Out Of Character) like this: "(Please dont digest me, I dont like that.)"

If your pred does not comply, they are actually in violation of the 'respect other people's preferences' rule. So do tell a mod or admin if that happens.

Also, you can type /vo stop to leave a stomach at any time.

See, if people get an option to be digestion-proof, it will just be abused, and game balance will be off. So just use these two options that you have been provided with instead.
~Reffy on VoreCraft~

Join us! Build a house, get eaten.. or eat others! (or both! x3)

viewtopic.php?f=98&t=43179
Reff
Been posting for a bit

Postby Cyrisus » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:25 pm

Reff wrote:
Cyrisus wrote:In addition to the above. I also kind of wish that there was an op-out option for being digested yourself.

There is. for one, you can talk in brackets (Out Of Character) like this: "(Please dont digest me, I dont like that.)"

If your pred does not comply, they are actually in violation of the 'respect other people's preferences' rule. So do tell a mod or admin if that happens.

Also, you can type /vo stop to leave a stomach at any time.

See, if people get an option to be digestion-proof, it will just be abused, and game balance will be off. So just use these two options that you have been provided with instead.

I see how those are certainly valid options. But I don't see how game balance would be thrown off though. There's no penalty for death in this server, and you can deny certain pred types. So why can't you set your preference between Endo and Digest? That's the reason I ask.
Cyrisus
New to the forum

Postby Reff » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:30 pm

Cyrisus wrote:I see how those are certainly valid options. But I don't see how game balance would be thrown off though. There's no penalty for death in this server, and you can deny certain pred types. So why can't you set your preference between Endo and Digest? That's the reason I ask.

What I meant is that there are some people out there who just like to troll the predators by either making digestion take forever, or try to even outright prevent it.
I believe the way the plugin was made, /vo digest will attempt to digest everything in there. This can lead to a glitch if it does not happen, where the pred can not digest anything.

I will still bring up the idea in the group, however.

Either way, with how the rules are, that option should not be needed. People need to respect your wishes.
Also, I don't know who you are on the server, but If I ever digested you, I am deeply sorry, I did not know of your preference.
~Reffy on VoreCraft~

Reff
Been posting for a bit

Postby Cyrisus » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:33 pm

Reff wrote:
What I meant is that there are some people out there who just like to troll the predators by either making digestion take forever, or try to even outright prevent it.
I believe the way the plugin was made, /vo digest will attempt to digest everything in there. This can lead to a glitch if it does not happen, where the pred can not digest anything.

I will still bring up the idea in the group, however.

Either way, with how the rules are, that option should not be needed. People need to respect your wishes.
Also, I don't know who you are on the server, but If I ever digested you, I am deeply sorry, I did not know of your preference.

Ah I see. Just something I wanted to ask! I go by the same name on here and on the server. And no Reff, you haven't offended me in anyway. I just don't like feelin like a buzzkill when I do /vo stop :P
Cyrisus
New to the forum

Postby Lightzor » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:54 am

LuIre wrote:Is there a way to opt out of seeing the "X was digested by X" broadcasts?
Not everyone likes seeing that, and its slowly ruining the game for me. Some days, i honestly don't mind, other days it drives me nuts.
If there isn't, can someone edit the plug in so there is a way to do so?

I so would like this option. Just seeing digestion notification after notification just makes me feel iffy on even playing anymore, especially the multiple ones at once. It just bothers me, and gets annoying, since some of us don't really want to know, or don't even care. Please consider adding a way to block them.
~Lightzor
Lightzor
New to the forum

Postby Skyboxmonster » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:26 pm

I think it would be a good idea to learn what the player base actually feels about various issues or mechanics related to the server. I suggest a poll be created for everyone to weigh in on various topics.

Spoiler: show
"how comfortable are you on the server 1-10"
"do you think (insert kink here) should be allowed on global"
"do you want a ingame book written with all the common server commands in it"
"What types of vore to you RP on the server"
"what types of vore make you sick"
"how do you feel about disposal"
"do the death messages ___ digested by ____ upset you?"
"does digestion upset you"
"what things upset you that appear on the server?"
"do you support a tally system to keep track of offenders?"
"are the "family drama" group rps a issue?"
"are the vore arena and minotaur games a good idea?"

suggestions welcome for more questions.
I'd like the poll to be detailed with as many questions as possible to get a good idea of how people -actually- feel about how things are run on the server.
the information would be useful to the admins and mods when making decisions that effect Everybody.

This poll would give power to players that don't feel they have a voice on the server. and instead just get stomped on by the louder players.
Last edited by Skyboxmonster on Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skyboxmonster
New to the forum

Postby dst3313 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:47 pm

Oh. Yeah, let's play the "what bothers me must be banned" game.

Vore arena totally bothers me. Has for months. I haven't thrown cold water on anyone for it, but you know what? It bugs me. Take it private, rule 3.3

The Yohatl cult -really- skeeves me out. Rule 3.3 plox.

At a certain point you have to learn to grow a pair and accept that other people have different preferences from you, and you can either tune it out when those things are going on, or you can try and ruin everyone else's fun. I'm not saying "death messages should be togglable" is a bad idea - that's fine. But seriously, you're playing a vore server. People are getting eaten. If this idea bothers you, maybe, just maybe, you should find a different game. And portal, for that matter.
dst3313
Somewhat familiar

Postby Reff » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:05 am

Let's make sure this does not end in an argument, although I do see the valid point that both Sky and FarmDee made. as well.

Fact remains, you can, at any time, ask people to move to a private channel. This has been a rule since before I joined the server.
Please don't make me into a broken record, I have pointed this out at least 15 times in this week alone...

Also, the arena is just that.. a game. It's like a battleground on a pvp server. If you don't like those, well.. theyre just a more fun way to do PVP. create a goal, have people compete.
It's just a game after all. Its not even RP. You don't like it? You don't play it.

And Sky, we keep track of offenders of any rules. It doesn't matter wether people support it or not, that's just standard server practise. ( and no, those details are staff only)
~Reffy on VoreCraft~

Reff
Been posting for a bit

Postby Cyrisus » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:09 am

dst3313 wrote:Oh. Yeah, let's play the "what bothers me must be banned" game.

Vore arena totally bothers me. Has for months. I haven't thrown cold water on anyone for it, but you know what? It bugs me. Take it private, rule 3.3

The Yohatl cult -really- skeeves me out. Rule 3.3 plox.

At a certain point you have to learn to grow a pair and accept that other people have different preferences from you, and you can either tune it out when those things are going on, or you can try and ruin everyone else's fun. I'm not saying "death messages should be togglable" is a bad idea - that's fine. But seriously, you're playing a vore server. People are getting eaten. If this idea bothers you, maybe, just maybe, you should find a different game. And portal, for that matter.

Hey I'm really not suggesting we ban everything that's bad owo; I just want toggleable death messages really. Though having vore arena moved to private would also be good.
Cyrisus
New to the forum

Postby dst3313 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:24 am

And I don't think toggable death messages are a bad idea. I'm actually fine with that. Individual options are good things.

Trying to squash someone else's RP just because that RP isn't your thing, though... I dunno, it just feels like kink shaming. It's kinda annoying to have your fun aborted by a wet blanket.

And for the record, while I do have real issues with vore arena, they have nothing to do with the players who are playing it. I just tune it out, no big deal, and no need to go private. I'm just using it as an example of the kind of thing going too far with the "if it bothers me it must be banned" type of thinking gets you. But then, I'm not jealous of the people playing vore arena; I know I could play if I wanted to. My non-participation is entirely voluntary. (And actually I will consider playing the -old- arena. >.> )
dst3313
Somewhat familiar

Postby Reff » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:27 am

End of discussion.
~Reffy on VoreCraft~

Reff
Been posting for a bit

Postby chibi-wolfy » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:02 pm

So, someone mentioned species bonuses ingame? I kinda wanna expand on that.

The general idea was that people be able to pick a species that has its own benefits, and people can absorb them for themselves by digesting people. It seems like a hell of a lot of work to specify that many races all with unique perks, so I figured I'd offer up a way of streamlining the whole thing - instead, allowing players to pick one specific potion effect that is permanently active on them (or can be toggled on and off with commands), so they can take up whatever bests suits their character within the realm of benefits that are already programmed into the game. Then when a pred digests them, they gain that buff temporarily as though it were an extended potion, on top of the usual saturation buff they get for digesting people.

Say for example: Reflet's basically a fish, so she picks Water Breathing as her unique effect, allowing her to stay in the water basically indefinently. If someone eats her and breaks her down, her pred is given eight minutes of Water Breathing themselves on top of full hunger.

On another note, I'd kinda like it if people were able to physically pick up other people and carry them around instead of eating them? Like I dunno, glue them to the front of somebody's body while they're walking until they're released. I don't mind if it comes off as a bit janky. =V
chibi-wolfy
Somewhat familiar

Postby Reff » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:30 pm

chibi-wolfy wrote:Say for example: Reflet's basically a fish, so she picks Water Breathing as her unique effect, allowing her to stay in the water basically indefinently. If someone eats her and breaks her down, her pred is given eight minutes of Water Breathing themselves on top of full hunger.

That was my idea too, when I mentioned it.

chibi-wolfy wrote:On another note, I'd kinda like it if people were able to physically pick up other people and carry them around instead of eating them? Like I dunno, glue them to the front of somebody's body while they're walking until they're released. I don't mind if it comes off as a bit janky. =V

we have /vo ride
~Reffy on VoreCraft~

Reff
Been posting for a bit

Postby Skyboxmonster » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:09 pm

Suggestion:
Add a ingame fee to use the /nick command. I feel its abused by some players to pull jokes on other people on the server. adding a small fee to the command would make people think twice before they try to abuse the command.
Skyboxmonster
New to the forum

Postby chibi-wolfy » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:28 pm

I can't say that I agree the /nick command is being abused, but even if I did, this is a completely draconian way of handling it, because it would also effectively punish people who play multiple characters and use their /nick to denote which one. If you feel somebody's exploitation of the game's mechanics is in violation of the rules, simply report it to our staff instead.
chibi-wolfy
Somewhat familiar

Postby GrandTheftRoshi » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:01 pm

chibi-wolfy wrote:So, someone mentioned species bonuses ingame? I kinda wanna expand on that.

The general idea was that people be able to pick a species that has its own benefits, and people can absorb them for themselves by digesting people. It seems like a hell of a lot of work to specify that many races all with unique perks, so I figured I'd offer up a way of streamlining the whole thing - instead, allowing players to pick one specific potion effect that is permanently active on them (or can be toggled on and off with commands), so they can take up whatever bests suits their character within the realm of benefits that are already programmed into the game. Then when a pred digests them, they gain that buff temporarily as though it were an extended potion, on top of the usual saturation buff they get for digesting people.

Say for example: Reflet's basically a fish, so she picks Water Breathing as her unique effect, allowing her to stay in the water basically indefinently. If someone eats her and breaks her down, her pred is given eight minutes of Water Breathing themselves on top of full hunger.

On another note, I'd kinda like it if people were able to physically pick up other people and carry them around instead of eating them? Like I dunno, glue them to the front of somebody's body while they're walking until they're released. I don't mind if it comes off as a bit janky. =V

I like this idea a lot, but we would have to balance out the abilities. The food bar could stay full for 8 minutes, since I think that's fair, but some abilities are inherently better by comparison. Then again, it is just Vorecraft, so I guess it wouldn't matter too much.
GrandTheftRoshi
New to the forum

PreviousNext

Return to Vorecraft