Ancient Reckoning Chronicles [Vore/RPGMaker] 09JUN2016

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Ancient Reckoning Chronicles [Vore/RPGMaker]

Postby CakePisces » Fri May 20, 2016 10:48 am

been a few months now its may hope to see the game finished :D
That's the power of Strawberry! Get it??!!
CakePisces
Somewhat familiar

Postby Altimos » Wed May 25, 2016 11:55 am

My friends and fellow community members,

You'll have to forgive me, as I've put a little more stock in school then my project. Although I've done some modifications to my game, it was nearly not enough as I had hoped since school was more important. Going to school is how I get paid, so I considered it my job. And since I'm doing both a second bachelor degree and a master's degree at the same time, a lot of my time was most certainly consumed with school work. School finished ended two weeks ago, but these last two weeks was spent prepping and performing a road trip from the top of my state to the bottom, hitting job fairs in both medium and major cities in HOPES of getting a job. As many of you are aware of (at least those who have been following me) know that I've had no job since 2012, and have been using my VA GI BILL as a means for money while being unemployed. And my unemployment ended back in 2014, so school is important to me.

I know you all understand, you've stated that before... but I wanted to point out that this is the reason why my time has been eaten up away from my game. However, summer is here and I can get back to my game, because I am NOT very hopeful with the prospect of potential employment appearing. Just have to buckle down and hope that no big expenses pop up that sucks the small amount of money I have left in my savings account, at least not until I start back up school again in September.

So, what is the plan? The plan is get a working WIP before I return to school. One that takes you up to the mountains (for those that remember the first trial run). Also, I done a lot of the maps... but I decided to change my approach and redo some maps. One of those maps was Carterton. The new map was reviewed by my first patron and loved it... but I decided to change it yet again, because since Carterton is surrounded by pines, the town should be filled with log cabins... I think it flows better that way, and also Carterton is now bigger and fills two maps. I did this because I've decided that you will be able to do more before the adventure pushes forward with the storyline. You'll be able to level up by doing quests in the town, and it sets the precedent for the whole storyline and your moral choices that will dictate your path (good, evil, neutral paths). Since the game is fully interactive with all NPC's, how you talk with them will set what your overall path will be... while the rest of the story will solidify you choice.

As I've stated before... I will never give up on this project, it's my baby and I know you all will love it. I am still looking for a really good artist who is willing to accommodate all fetishes , but if none appear by the time I put forth my first WIP, I'll have to do it myself... adding to the workload I've already got.

Next semester is Cisco semester 3 and 4 for CCENT, and tech math 2 and 3 which is pre-calc with trig... The Cisco classes will be tough, but I'm more worried about the pre-calc classes as I'm more statistics, problem solving, and analytics... the last time I've dealt with algebra was almost 20 years ago. I've already scheduled myself with a tutor in the math lab for next semester, that's how worried I am... as I didn't do so well in high school algebra. Yeah, I know I'm a little more wiser and knowledgeable than I was when I was a young buck... but the unknown is something we will always worry about.

Other than that, I'm going to get back to work... I'll have a bare bones with all the maps enabled up to the mountain, which will have no dialog or scenes so you can see where you'll be able to go, and to ensure that you CAN go there. My patrons and the community will have first access to it, but I haven't yet decided if the first content WIP will be put out until my patrons have had time with it or not. As I'd like to maintain this incentive for my patrons.

I'll give you more word as I continue to progress towards a bare bone update, and then an eventual WIP with content.

Altimos
Ancient Reckoning Chronicles

I also roleplay, but cannot find a site yet to display a good enough interpretation of my preferences. So... just ask me.
Altimos
Somewhat familiar

Postby vore2412 » Wed May 25, 2016 12:29 pm

The best things are worth waiting for.
vore2412
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Ancient Reckoning Chronicles [Vore/RPGMaker] 09JUN2016

Postby Altimos » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:03 pm

Just posted some updated news on the first page... NO, no demo yet... but some equally big news :)

Altimos

I also roleplay, but cannot find a site yet to display a good enough interpretation of my preferences. So... just ask me.
Altimos
Somewhat familiar

Postby The_Prof » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:08 pm

that drama scene would be a lot better with the addition of trumpet playing sky whales giving a fanfare at rose's arrival
Evil genius, lover of catgirls, and tricking people into getting eaten is my game!
The_Prof
???

Postby Altimos » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:51 pm

Sky Whales... don't think I've ever heard of this, do you possibly have a location where I can hear this? Because when I look up Sky Whales, they all lead to a game app.

Altimos
Somewhat familiar

Postby The_Prof » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:31 am

Altimos wrote:Sky Whales... don't think I've ever heard of this, do you possibly have a location where I can hear this? Because when I look up Sky Whales, they all lead to a game app.

They are whales who can fly and can play on the trumpet... Sky whales
Evil genius, lover of catgirls, and tricking people into getting eaten is my game!
The_Prof
???

Postby Altimos » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:33 pm

The_Prof wrote:
Altimos wrote:Sky Whales... don't think I've ever heard of this, do you possibly have a location where I can hear this? Because when I look up Sky Whales, they all lead to a game app.

Aah, okay. I do see pics of whales in the sky. Didn't know it was a literal sense, thought it was music :P

But that would be epic, I see it now... as Rose is coming down from the heavens, you are an EVIL genius!

P.S. I made an edit... forgot a small little something something in front of genius :-D

Altimos
Somewhat familiar

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:21 am

Every time I see this thread has a new post I think to my self. "No I should wait, it still probably isn't ready."

So I finally thing "Now is the time".

Nope.

When? WHEN IS THE TIME? WHEN SHALL IT COME... I could have made a realy stupid joke there! BUT I CHOSE THE HIGH ROAD!!!
Last edited by 0Anesthetic4u on Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby The_Prof » Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:03 am

Altimos wrote:
The_Prof wrote:

Aah, okay. I do see pics of whales in the sky. Didn't know it was a literal sense, thought it was music :P

But that would be epic, I see it now... as Rose is coming down from the heavens, you are an EVIL genius!

P.S. I made an edit... forgot a small little something something in front of genius :-D

I prefer the term "morally and ethically questionable person of high intellect"
The_Prof
???

Postby SerenaBlaze » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:16 pm

i really would like to try it, but i cant find a link for download it... :c
My AI Arts Gallery (Eka Forum): viewtopic.php?f=38&t=63971&p=2926809#p2926809

I also have commisions/drawn on my main gallery.
SerenaBlaze
Somewhat familiar

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:19 am

gbrille2215185 wrote:i really would like to try it, but i cant find a link for download it... :c

It's not out yet.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby ScaryMottersters » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:55 pm

Just checking in on this game! Hope everything is going well for ya~
ScaryMottersters
New to the forum

Postby Altimos » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:42 am

It's still a work in progress.

As of right now, school is a priority. Especially since I'm doing another Cisco class and they have me doing yet another math class for this degree and it's tech math which involves something I've never done before... trig.

As far as the game is concerned, it progresses slowly but very smoothly. As everything is being made with such fine attention to detail. This game is only going to be made once, so I want it perfect.

I'm still generating maps when I have the time, and Rose is making the portraits.

It's a grueling process, and you'll just have to bare with it... especially for a really good game. I'm not trying to half ass my first upload of the revised AR1 like I did before (Yes, even the first beta release of AR1 felt half ass to me even though everybody thought it was good and well written).

Time... Time is the one thing I need, and time is a very special thing. Everybody wants/needs it, but they never want to give it away. Give me time, and I promise you that you'll get a very nice game from me.

Respectfully,
Altimos

Altimos
Somewhat familiar

Postby Orosaki » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:49 pm

I'm, stuck can't find one freakin fairy and i looked everywhere i just wanna continue screw the stupid fairy quest i've already spent almost an hour looking for one with no success. YOu should let us be able to skip that dumb quest or make it easier to find those fairies. Or just make the fairy quenn apear where she supposed daughters be darned.
If anyone tells me i fell from heaven, i'll tell them i scraped my knee crawling out of hell.
And if anyone asks I'm clearly the devil.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby mike3692 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:11 am

so i think i'm dumb, i can't find the link for the game's download x3 anyone willing to point it out, or send me the link since i'm to slow an dumb to find it myself, it would be very appreciated
mike3692
New to the forum

Postby masterrrrr » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:37 pm

mike3692 wrote:so i think i'm dumb, i can't find the link for the game's download x3 anyone willing to point it out, or send me the link since i'm to slow an dumb to find it myself, it would be very appreciated

It's not even done yet. He didn't put out a demo okay? :gulp:
masterrrrr
Been posting for a bit

Postby nuggholio » Fri May 19, 2017 12:17 pm

how far is the progress? i didnt realise this had been going since 2014.
nuggholio
Participator

Postby fsdbiu2346y8 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:02 am

Just making sure, but you have to be a patron to play it right?
fsdbiu2346y8
Participator

Postby Altimos » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:23 pm

No...

Paetron is a means to help with the project. While the game is free, Patrons will have the opportunity to test out contents of the game before the community does.

As of right now, I'm still working on the core aspects of the game. Much of it is finished, but there is still a couple of areas that need to be completed. One of such areas is the vore sequences, this is the interaction part between the pred and prey, and for the most part happens after you lose a combat sequence. Even though you may have lost the combat sequence, you still could escape the pred during a vore sequence. Failing a vore sequence while inside a dungeon will result in you appearing outside the dungeon with half health... and maybe lost a level or two, but the game will not be over.

The Vore Sequence is probably the most elaborate of all events because it goes into a lot of advance scripting, creating new secondary windows for the purposes of a HUD while you in whatever organ at the time. Another is setting up array variables designed to incorporate 100 randomly generated speeches the pred will say for each action the pred takes (e.g. during prey struggle/attack, when prey rests/waits, during pred's digesting/sleeping). The arrays have been built, and there are already 10 speeches for each action. will go more in depth in this later as again, I'm still currently working on this aspect of the game.

School is starting up again, but there is still time and I'd like to push test of the core features to my patrons before school starts. This why they can try test and try and break all the features I put in. If it passes their relentless playthroughs, then I can work once again work on the mapping, and the actually playthrough of the game.

I know my communication is lacking, I'm not good with communication... Especially when I don't have anything to report and a significant amount of time has passed, I hate having to communicate that progress is slow.

But none-the-less, I AM working on this whenever I get the chance. I have almost reach 1000 hours in RPG Maker VX ACE, though a lot of the time is probably spent staring at the screen screaming at it because a particular script/event isn't working properly, I assure you most of the time has been spent progressing the game.

The patron help offsets the cost of the artwork going into the game... I'm still in the hole as far as what I've spent so far on artwork, but I'm fine with where I'm at with it... I'm not in any financial distress (at the moment). So far my patrons have helped out with 65% of the artwork, and they are the best. Hence pushing myself to get this core test out so they can test those features...

Altimos

Altimos
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game