Predator's Coliseum (v 0.15.2, 2017-08-27)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Predator's Coliseum (v 0.15.2, 2017-08-27)

Postby ThatLurkerGuy » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:55 am

First of all, welcome to the Predator's Coliseum. You play as Claire, a young woman who has been having trouble keeping a paying job. One day, out of the blue, you suddenly got a letter inviting you to join the Predator's Coliseum as the Prey. With no other options available to you, you accepted. However, the Coliseum itself has also had some troubles recently, and will need some help to get back on its feet.

As the Prey, your job is to be eaten. By speaking with the receptionist, you can initiate a variety of scenes with various characters in the Arena. As the Predators come to like you more, you unlock more scenes and can steadily become closer and closer to them.

Warning: Save files from the previous update might be a little bit screwy. In the event of repeating scenes, bugging out actors, or closed away buildings, please bend over and kiss your ass goodbye. That or restart the game. w/e.

Thanks go out to everyone who helped through this round of making the game. In particular, shout-outs to warbrand4, for making maps way better than the abominations I had, abeabe1350, for writing several scenes for character who needed it, 0Anesthetic4u, for making a better Mara battler, and sn0riat, for drawing three new pieces of art for the game. Also, shout out to the testers for finding as many horrible game-breaking bugs as they did. This thing would be unplayable without you.

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/0guawvkqn ... 0.15.2.exe
Mirror1:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/8cq5757cf ... 0.15.2.rar
Mirror2:
https://mega.nz/#!UJUzgIDZ!a6l77nUDA5YU ... kNIz8Bvfwk

You'll also need the rpg maker vx ace rtp, which can be found here:
http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/download/additional/run-time-packages#rpg-maker-vx-ace

sn0riat draw up a better Samantha battler, images for the performance match against Samantha, and a much needed new mawshot for the scene in the hotspring with Sereleth. If you want to see more of his stuff, his userpage is right here: https://aryion.com/g4/user/sn0riat

Changelog:
Spoiler: show
(2017-08-14)
-mo' problems, mo' fixes

(2017-08-14)
-fixes
-new Samantha picture, new Samantha sprite.

(2017-08-12)
-new maps done by warbrand4
-new scenes, including several written by abeabe1350
-text document included to help people find the new scenes, including the more hidden ones.
-new start
-general fixes

(2017-04-22) half-year late
-Town overhaul
-real-time schedule removed and replaced with a more intuitive four time-period mechanic
-several minor characters introduced
-new scenes for all characters. Adrian will point you to all of them. Or am I lying?
v0.01
-mapped the calander and stopwatch to button prompts.
-added improved forest and cave maps by xwrath. Feel free to point and laugh at my sad maps one last time before making the upgrade.
-fixed reported bugs.

(2016-09-22)
-added a variety of scenes and events.
-After getting Toothpick from Sereleth, visit her on the front lawn to learn a new ability.
-go along with her and she'll be happy. Ignore what she wants you to do and she'll have a meal. WARNING: Expect a mighty big hit to the dragon's affection if you ignore her.
-Upon popular request, refuse to drink Wistla's potion when she offers it to you and a new scene will occur.
-two scenes where you can talk to Samantha in the library between 2 and 5. Plot, non-vore.
-After the Samantha scenes, a scene with Iris unlocks in the upgraded forest between 1 and 5. Friendly, non-vore.
-Also after the Samantha scenes, a scene with Mara unlocks in the upgraded plains between 8 and 12. Repeatable, vore, +5 affection.
-After defeating Tina four times and getting her to level five, opens a scene when she's passing through the upgraded plains between 11 and 12.
-this leads to a small quest when you talk to her on the patio between 7 and 9. Includes a fight where if you lose the fight, it's game over.
-a clock. Press S at any time to pull it up.
-The Well of Memories, where you can rewatch vore and sex scenes. Presently only includes the Arena matches w/o digestion and disposal, but more will be added later, once I figure out a good way to play the scenes in question without also playing the dialogue surrounding them. There's a good chance I'll just have the scenes play out in a blank, featureless void.
-unique dialogue for every character in every room. Let me know if there's any points where the characters refuse to talk to you or will only accept presents, because that means I missed 'em.

(2016-09-06) v0.04: The big one.
-added a schedule system. After you face the girls in the Arena once, they'll begin to wander around the castle following their own daily schedule.
-the system's not perfect. It runs off of hours and updates character location every hour. What this means is that a character will be walking through one hallway between 8 and 9, but won't start walking the next hallway until 9. Even if you see them leave the room into the next hallway, nope! Doesn't matter.
-Also, they'll teleport away if you're watching them when the hour ticks over.
-people complained about not having post-combat digestions scenes, so guess what? Now you get multiple post-combat digestion scenes!
-For example, if Samantha beats you before 11am, she'll digest you while sunning herself on a rock. She beats you between 11am and 2pm, she'll be in the library reading a book. And if she beats you between 2pm and 6pm, she'll digest you while she's eating supper. They're short scenes, but I can lengthen them if enough people throw rocks at me. I'm weak to peer pressure.
-these scenes can still be turned off if you no want them.
-this method works so well with the schedule system that I'm going to pretend it was my plan all along.
-At the moment, Samantha, Mara, and Myca all have three scenes, while Tina, Iris, and Sereleth only have two.
-UB scene with Tina in her room. A lot of options are locked off, but they'll become available once I write the repeatable version of the scene a little down the road.
-OV scene with Sereleth in the tub.
-After the succubus shows up in the library, Athys gets a new store where you can upgrade a few rooms. At the moment, only three rooms can be upgraded, but there's plans for more. Anyways, once you purchase the lake upgrade, you'll be able to fish with Myca in order to boost her affection.
-On Fridays, a Big Fishie will show up in the lake. Catch it!
-If you lose track of what you need to do, go talk to Adrian in Samantha's room. He'll get you back on track.
-boosted running speed.
-remember, you can hold down A to skip dialogue.

(2016-08-18) v.0.03: The update that broke the world.
-barebones backstage area replaced with an actual castle. Yaaaaay. But it sucks. Booooooo. I mean, the third floor is full of holes! OSHA would have a field day with this place.
-said castle can be slightly repaired/upgraded. This system will get more focus later on.
-an actual battle system! The girls are tough, and you probably won't beat them often. More tools and weapons to beat them will be added in later.
-a crafting system to make items to help you fight! It's like buying potions at the store, only more work.
-a time system! Has no effect on anything yet. You can check the time in the menu, and if you want to move time forward, just hop in your bed in your room on the third floor.
-a hint of plot! *sniff* Urgh, smells rancid.
-one sex scene.
(v.0.031: Map of castle added.)

(2016-08-04) v.0.02: Added all six girls and an introductory match with each girl.
-tossed out the fame system in favour of a much more intuitive money system.
-digestion and scat can now be toggled on and off with an item.

(2016-07-22) v0.01: First update. Only two girls introduced.
-game uses a fame system to unlock future girls.

Comments, criticisms, advice, assistance, and bug reports are all welcome!

Next time:
New area! Welcome to the forest. Watch out for wolves.
Improvements to combat. Complete sidequests to learn new abilities.
Plot.

We have a Discord Channel! Wooo! https://discord.gg/YwFjKxP
Last edited by ThatLurkerGuy on Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:02 pm, edited 48 times in total.
"I have no idea what I'm doing."
ThatLurkerGuy
Somewhat familiar

Re: Predator's Coliseum

Postby jyoster » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:19 am

Sounds like an Interesting idea, Looking forward to this. :-D :gulp:
jyoster
Somewhat familiar

Postby Houyo » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:58 am

I can't get it to run. Which is lame cause it seem slike it should be really simple to.
Houyo
???

Postby ThatLurkerGuy » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:26 am

Houyo wrote:I can't get it to run. Which is lame cause it seem slike it should be really simple to.

I might have flubbed something while I was uploading it. I'll double-check.

Edit from the future: I couldn't find anything, it worked perfectly fine for me when I tried. I've re-compressed the file and uploaded it without zipping it up. Hopefully it works this time.
ThatLurkerGuy
Somewhat familiar

Postby luke1401 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:51 am

Nice start. I look forward to more of this.

EDIT - bug report - whenever I get eaten by the centaur something goes wring with the respawn.

- in the scene where she breaks your arm and you keep resisting all the way the sprite wont turn around and can walk over obstacles.
- in the scene where you run away the sprite doesn't manifest and you're invisible.
Last edited by luke1401 on Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
luke1401
Participator

Postby Enteresting » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:29 am

Not too bad a start. Definitely has my attention and eager to see where it goes.

An idea for you: Having everything explained at the start of the game in boxes can be a little off-putting. Maybe, if you can, try making a scene of sorts that explains a few events that led up to where Claire is now.
Enteresting
Participator

Postby emilyvore » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:54 am

Omg bless you. New games are always a treat, and this one actually has good grammar! A couple things, though:

- I assume you didn't include combat dialogues and pictures of the preds because it's too expensive to commission drawings? I don't care much about the lack of drawings because your vore scenes are well-written, and there is something to be said for a combat mechanism that's slow enough to allow you to get off to it.
- Sound effects can go a long way, and you can find plenty at freesound.org. You can even make your own digestion sound effects pretty easily with various liquids and containers if you're feeling adventurous. Sound effects for digestion, disposal, Mara's hoof-beats and bone-breaking, etc. could really heighten the experience without any extra cost.

Bugs:
- After the fight with Mara where she broke both my arms, I was transported back to the respawn room and my character only faced down. I re-fought her and at first there were two sprites for both of us in the arena, which went away pretty quickly. When she AV'd me up against a tree, I respawned but the player character wasn't shown on screen.
- I went into the Slime Girl's room between talking to Samantha and going back to the receptionist, and I could not leave.

Keep up the awesome work! Can't wait to see where this goes.
emilyvore
Somewhat familiar

Postby megabenito » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:11 am

I just downloaded it to test it. I would add a setting options on the menu, but by now im enjoying it a lot.
megabenito
Been posting for a bit

Postby ThatLurkerGuy » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:12 am

*Pulls out flyswatter* Swat swat swat swat swat...

Alright, think I got all the bugs. My inexperience is showing. There were so many moving parts in Mara's scenes that I completely lost track of what happened when.

As an apology, I've taken emilyvore's advice and added more music and sound effects. I hope you enjoy it.

Enteresting wrote:An idea for you: Having everything explained at the start of the game in boxes can be a little off-putting. Maybe, if you can, try making a scene of sorts that explains a few events that led up to where Claire is now.

I do like that idea. I'll try to put something together by next update. Maybe show the scene where she finds the letter? Yes, I think I'll do that.
Edit: Heck with it, I went ahead and added an opening scene. I noticed another bug I missed (the player remaining invisible after Mara's scat scene) so I squashed that at the same time.

megabenito wrote:I just downloaded it to test it. I would add a setting options on the menu, but by now im enjoying it a lot.

I have no idea how to do that. The bowels of rpgmaker is a dark and scary place in which I fear to tread. I have an idea about what I can do instead. It'll be in the first update.
Last edited by ThatLurkerGuy on Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:01 pm, edited 5 times in total.
ThatLurkerGuy
Somewhat familiar

Postby forumlurker » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:43 am

All bugs are covered I think. I like the scenes a lot so far! The setup is refreshing too. I do wonder where you plan to go from this. The core is great but eventually I think we need some greater goal to work towards. Options:

- You gain gold each fight. With the gold you can make improvements to the arena or your house, or something else that drives the plot as you went there to make the necessary money.
- Actually enter some sort of league where you can win and eat other contestants and get to the top of the league somehow.

Having another drive to explore the game would make this game even more enjoyable in my opinion.
forumlurker
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Krono » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:02 pm

Cool game idea. I love it!

Another quick bug report:
- with Digestion on and scat on, after being vored by Mara (doesn't seem to matter which way), you respawn with no sprite. You're invisible
- If you go back into Mara's room while invisible, the game acts like you've just been vored again and she goes through her digestion scene.
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ThatLurkerGuy » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:10 pm

And today I learned an important lesson about bugtesting. ^^;

Why are all of these problems constantly revolving around Mara? I think I'm developing a dislike for the bitchy centaur.

Bugs are squashed. Again. They should all be squashed now. Please? :(

forumlurker wrote:The core is great but eventually I think we need some greater goal to work towards.

I've got a few ideas, but most of them are a little ways in the future. For right now, I want to focus on introducing the girls and writing up at least one scene with them before moving on to the next stage. I'm considering giving Claire her own room once all the girls show up and the Coliseum's on the road to success, which she can fill up with whatever, but I can't think of anything that wouldn't just be decorative. Something to think about.
ThatLurkerGuy
Somewhat familiar

Postby forumlurker » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:02 pm

Fair enough. Looking forward to see what you have planned.
forumlurker
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby AMCJavelin » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:31 pm

Will there ever be male preds for this game?
ImageImage
AMCJavelin
???

Postby ThatLurkerGuy » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:18 pm

AMCJavelin wrote:Will there ever be male preds for this game?

There can be. They wouldn't be major, recurring characters or anything, but if people are interested, I wouldn't mind writing a few one-off scenes once I manage to get this thing off the ground.
ThatLurkerGuy
Somewhat familiar

Postby VoreNut » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:31 pm

This is a bit out there, but perhaps one of the endings, if this project gets that far, could have one of the women you feed yourself to, if her relationship is high enough, unbirth you and leave the arena for good. She could even claim that the mc belongs to her and her alone.
VoreNut
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby AMCJavelin » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:41 pm

ThatLurkerGuy wrote:
AMCJavelin wrote:Will there ever be male preds for this game?

There can be. They wouldn't be major, recurring characters or anything, but if people are interested, I wouldn't mind writing a few one-off scenes once I manage to get this thing off the ground.

I can't speak for anyone else but at least one person is, I can't imagine I would progress in the plot at all though.
ImageImage
AMCJavelin
???

Re: Predator's Coliseum (v.0.02, 2016-08-04)

Postby ThatLurkerGuy » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:57 pm

And the update is up! Check the opening post for all the nitty gritty details.
ThatLurkerGuy
Somewhat familiar

Postby sansuki » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:33 pm

Only played the very first encounter so far. Interesting start- I'll keep following this as you start to expand and flesh it out.
sansuki
---

Postby Maexam2 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:06 pm

Tested it. And liked it! This one's a keeper!
Maexam2
Intermediate Vorarephile

Next

Return to Vore game