Vore tamagotchi

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Vore tamagotchi

Postby MirceaKitsune » Tue May 24, 2016 4:31 pm

I know more threads about actual games would be nicer than threads about ideas. But while I'm working on some of my own projects, I decided to share a thought that came to mind some time ago, which I think could be inspiring! I'm mainly doing so because a game (or even better an engine for such games) would be among the simplest to make, granted you find a few graphical assets to go with (pixel art works).

So it's likely that in our childhood, many of us owned a thing called a tamagotchi. For those who haven't and aren't familiar with it: They were pocket devices with a speaker / LCD / few buttons (like a tetris but smaller) on which your purpose was raising a virtual pet. You started with an egg, which then hatched and you got a baby, who then grew into an adult and ideally died of old age (after a few real-life months). You had to periodically feed them, clean up after them, send them to sleep or wake them up based on real-life hour, etc. The ones I had eventually broke as the hardware was of poor quality, but nowadays it's simpler to do this as a smartphone or web app.

It should be easy to guess what my thought was; Take the idea, and let's add some vore to the mix :-D How would a vore tamagotchi work? This is my plan:

The game would be based on the same base mechanics: You hatch a pet which slowly grows into an adult, feeding and cleaning and playing with them periodically. Unlike a classic tamagotchi however, you wouldn't have a simple selection of foods for your pet, but new types would be unlocked as your pet grows; For a baby, you'd start with classics like milk or bread. Once they grow into a teen, you can begin feeding them live prey, starting with small animals and advancing to larger ones. As they become an adult, you receive the ultimate ability... feeding people to your pet! At first this can include prisoners or willing victims... but the final unlockable will be the player himself :) You would become your pet's meal in two circumstances: Either your pet is hungry or neglected, and cares so little for the player they decide to eat them... or the player willingly offers theirself to their pet, once "self" becomes unlocked in the food menu.

If the player becomes their pet's meal, the game radically changes. If up to this point the screen showed a garden with your pet roaming around, and you had options such as "feed" or "sleep" or "play", that's all gone; You only see a first person perspective of the player sitting in a belly, while the buttons now offer options such as "rub" or "struggle". If your pet likes you enough, struggling could convince them to let you out, restoring the game to normal. Rubbing would be a way to make your pet happy while confirming you're okay with staying inside. In either case, the player remains alive inside for a few days... after which they are digested and the game ends.

Technical highlights: We'd want this to be a flexible engine in which one can define their own rooms + pets + foods, as a text file plus a set of images. To avoid coding a sprite animation system, the engine could support animated gif / png files instead. I'd go with coding the game in HTML5 / JavaScript, if not a scripting language like Lua or Python... C++ is overkill for something this simple. If deciding to make the code open-source, I suggest putting it on Github / Gitlab which makes it easiest for everyone to maintain and develop it. If going for a web based approach, maybe we could later ask about embedding such a game on Eka's as well?

I might expand more on my idea later, as I don't want to make a huge first post. I might try to code this myself, but don't rely on it since I already have several projects to work on. I'm curious to hear your thoughts... overall I see the idea growing into something awesome and fun if done right! Share any code you make here, as well as any sprites you're willing to donate for the cause.
Vore Tournament - A FOSS vore FPS based on Xonotic.
Patreon - Please support me if you enjoy my projects.
MirceaKitsune
???

Re: Vore tamagotchi

Postby Ridwanwolf » Tue May 24, 2016 6:54 pm

I'd def play this if a version for mobile was available.
Ridwanwolf
Somewhat familiar

Postby RedBoggle » Wed May 25, 2016 1:50 am

Yes, yes, yes, double yes, so much yes, oh absolutely yes, just shut up and take my money yes, just yes period!
Or, to put it differently, this is an interesting idea for a game and I would be very much pleased to see it come to fruition.

Earlier you posted about a vore game development contest. I think that since this game would be relatively simple to program and there could be multiple versions of it, you could theoretically kill two birds with one stone and make this game as a prompt to promote the contest, or use the contest as a means to get the game developed, or maybe both.
If not, then I think all that is needed is for someone to create and release the basic template so that other designers can make their own versions, kind of like Barbftr.
RedBoggle
Somewhat familiar

Postby linthia » Wed May 25, 2016 7:21 am

Really good idea : D
linthia
Participator

Postby Jadex » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:51 am

aw this topics gone quiet thats to bad this is a really good idea
Jadex
Somewhat familiar

Postby MirceaKitsune » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:40 am

Jadex wrote:aw this topics gone quiet thats to bad this is a really good idea

Such is the case with most ideas on this board... especially the games section, even when it's something relatively easier to make. It should be noted that I have started working on a project like this, sort of... but it's just an early concept and not even ready to be shared yet. I hope the thread and idea can be kept alive for now, until more people interested in picking it up might decide to jump in.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby Zixer » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:30 am

Hello I'm just here to throw in my reccomendation for a browser-based implementation. The game's lightweight enough that it could function even on mobile, and it gives you the option of server-stored tomavorechis, since you'd need to host the javascript anyway, so you could get to your own personal one from anywhere. It also gives you the option of multi player interactivity, but that makes everything very suddenly way too complicated for this stage.

I love the feed self idea, but are you sure first person view is the best idea for your proposed art style?
Zixer
Somewhat familiar

Postby MirceaKitsune » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:59 am

Zixer wrote:Hello I'm just here to throw in my reccomendation for a browser-based implementation. The game's lightweight enough that it could function even on mobile, and it gives you the option of server-stored tomavorechis, since you'd need to host the javascript anyway, so you could get to your own personal one from anywhere. It also gives you the option of multi player interactivity, but that makes everything very suddenly way too complicated for this stage.

I love the feed self idea, but are you sure first person view is the best idea for your proposed art style?

My own attempts at creating such a game are done in JavaScript and json, which is definitely what I recommend to anyone else considering this! I've even implemented save-games via browser cookies, so there's definitely a way to get all features working. It's meant to be a more generalized engine for point-and-click games though, and I'm not even sure of my overall approach which is rather simplistic (JS simply configuring HTML elements defined in JSON files).

The idea is to have a first-person view only when the owner gets eaten, since you the player is the owner and the world is seen through your eyes. For normal feeding or animals or other humans, the perspective would stay unchanged, and continue showing the garden or room with your pet roaming around and having a bulged belly.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby vorelectric » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:29 am

Well this sounds like a fun idea! I'll keep an eye out on this thread!

If I may ask though, how far along are you on this build? Like do you have the basics working on this "Pet simulator"? If I may make a suggestion regarding that, why not just focus on making sure the basics of the build works first before you start adding in other stuff, like types of creatures or this "Feed Self" idea? I'm not a programmer by any means, but I do know that if one tries to put in too much stuff at once then the whole project might end up overwhelming them before it even gets off the ground.
vorelectric
Participator

Postby Zixer » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:17 pm

MirceaKitsune wrote:
Zixer wrote:Hello I'm just here to throw in my reccomendation for a browser-based implementation. The game's lightweight enough that it could function even on mobile, and it gives you the option of server-stored tomavorechis, since you'd need to host the javascript anyway, so you could get to your own personal one from anywhere. It also gives you the option of multi player interactivity, but that makes everything very suddenly way too complicated for this stage.

My own attempts at creating such a game are done in JavaScript and json, which is definitely what I recommend to anyone else considering this! I've even implemented save-games via browser cookies, so there's definitely a way to get all features working. It's meant to be a more generalized engine for point-and-click games though, and I'm not even sure of my overall approach which is rather simplistic (JS simply configuring HTML elements defined in JSON files).

The idea is to have a first-person view only when the owner gets eaten, since you the player is the owner and the world is seen through your eyes. For normal feeding or animals or other humans, the perspective would stay unchanged, and continue showing the garden or room with your pet roaming around and having a bulged belly.

Oh whoops somehow I read your first post and mentally inserted "minimalistic pixel art" into it somewhere. Please disregard the first-person concern, but if you're still listening to ideas I'd suggest an option to switch perspectives in that case.

If you've got a build for this already, can we see it? I'd love to see if I can mess with it a bit.

Edit: actually, let's do talk spritework for a bit- how different are the "pets" from each other when you get new ones? Is it something where we can just slap different heads/bellies/colors on the same body on the fly and call it a day?
Zixer
Somewhat familiar

Postby Zixer » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:58 pm

...Hey, if the game was scaled down a tad, could it be made into a browser extension? So you've got a little tomagatchi that hangs out in your window and you occasionally feed & care for it during the day's normal browsing?
Zixer
Somewhat familiar

Postby MirceaKitsune » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:05 pm

Zixer wrote:Oh whoops somehow I read your first post and mentally inserted "minimalistic pixel art" into it somewhere. Please disregard the first-person concern, but if you're still listening to ideas I'd suggest an option to switch perspectives in that case.

If you've got a build for this already, can we see it? I'd love to see if I can mess with it a bit.

Edit: actually, let's do talk spritework for a bit- how different are the "pets" from each other when you get new ones? Is it something where we can just slap different heads/bellies/colors on the same body on the fly and call it a day?

I think it's more realistic and definitive if you get locked in a 1st person perspective once you're eaten. But that part is more of a detail.

Currently I don't have much. Just a simplistic test, which I'm really not sure of.

I haven't really thought about what sprites I'll use ultimately. I have, however, been experimenting with two cute ones of a cat and a dog... which although not pixel art might definitely work out well if edited properly!

Zixer wrote:...Hey, if the game was scaled down a tad, could it be made into a browser extension? So you've got a little tomagatchi that hangs out in your window and you occasionally feed & care for it during the day's normal browsing?

I don't know how to make browser extensions, but it would run in a tab anyway. To be honest however, I've considered not using JS any more, since I'm simply not good at making an useful engine from scratch. I've actually considered RenPy for this task, which could handle the mechanics well though it would mean no longer running in a browser.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby MachineEgg » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:49 pm

MirceaKitsune wrote:To be honest however, I've considered not using JS any more, since I'm simply not good at making an useful engine from scratch. I've actually considered RenPy for this task, which could handle the mechanics well though it would mean no longer running in a browser.

Pssst...

phaser (http://phaser.io) is a free and open source javascript engine designed for the creation of simple mobile compatible web games.
MachineEgg
Been posting for a bit

Postby MirceaKitsune » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:51 am

MachineEgg wrote:Pssst...

phaser (http://phaser.io) is a free and open source javascript engine designed for the creation of simple mobile compatible web games.

Ah... yes; That and MelonJS have been on my interest list recently, and I might consider one.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby MirceaKitsune » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:21 am

I apologize for having no updates on my project in this regard: Other (also vore related) projects have been keeping me busy... whereas last time I worked on this, I got confused over how to best do the JavaScript coding behind my engine. Doubt I'll be getting back to this very soon, though I might finish my edited graphics and make them available in case anyone else could use them?

I really don't want this idea going to waste though, so once again I'm bringing it up to everyone's attention. This would not only be an unique and captivating thing to play with, but also easier than a lot of existing vore games! Granted the mechanics involved are more simple and don't even include controlling a character, rather than displaying certain animations when clicking certain buttons or once certain values reach a threshold.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby MirceaKitsune » Wed May 17, 2017 9:48 am

My early vore tamagotchi project is now publicly available! More information can be found in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=79&t=50074
MirceaKitsune
???

Return to Vore game