New Voremon (Chapter 6 Available)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: New Voremon (Demo V4 available)

Postby Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:36 pm

foxyumbreon wrote:
Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus wrote:Good news for those who are waiting for the next demo. He's already sent the puzzles to the testers, so it probably won't be much longer. I've already sent him my report too.

I won't spoil anything about the puzzles though.

It's probably best you don't go getting people's hopes up like that. Hence why I didn't make that announcement myself.

Oh. Good point. Sorry about that.
A link to a fun game I love playing: http://www.blankmediagames.com/TownOfSalem/

Be sure to say that ParaYumi refered you when you register for it. That's me.
Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus
???

Postby AwokenedWispKP » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:01 am

As dark as some of the ovens were for my tastes (Although some of the text was a bit funny..), I have to say that I especially hate puzzles. Sure this game is kinda one big puzzle, but particularly the puzzle swap one for Umbreon and the the first room for the race with Lucario had me stumpt longer than anything else.

I'm.. really bad at those little slidey puzzles with only one space open and in the end I just used brute force logic with the amount of time I had until it was solved, so even if played it again.. I'd still take forever on it. Q~Q

Charizard was pretty much a sweet release from the first boss because of having soooo much breathing room, but I assume his next run around would be much harder.

Lucario's style of puzzles weren't as stressful as the timer ones, and even then I never really payed attention to the timer until the boss. Just being able to stand there and scope things out made information gathering simpler right up until the race, after that it was figuring out the most optimal way to do each room. I find it a bit funny that despite it being a race, the outcome is based on how well you do each room. Sorry if it's like.. really bad that I'm doing like a feedback thing like this and kinda hinted that it's not the last room that someone is probably having trouble with.. but the first one.. I don't mind any removal or censoring of my comment.. but I kinda don't know how to add the spoiler thing yet for Eka's.

Finally.. I guess in V4 Dragonair's stuff hasn't been reworked yet or if at all, but I presume the "battles" wouldn't really change too much. I say battles, but they're really just puzzles. And considering how many Houndours there were, it kinda is just inputting the same things most the time. I do think you had one instance where a villager wasn't available.. and I'd used it previously in a fight (I think it was two different Dunsparce).. but most of the fights weren't complicated. Snorlax was actually easier to fight than all of the underlings because of the extra rounds, giving more prep time.. but I assume the lack of availability of villagers would make future Dragonair.. "fights".. more difficult. It'd be nice if you could win each boss with any selected villagers.. or maybe do a thing where the boss had eaten a villager that could help win the fight recently before you (like the case with snorlax) and you can force em out with a strong enough hit.. that could be more easily achievable with someone you selected.. or through some pretty good planning using debuffs. It's possible with the amount of turns, but it's just an idea.. and I guess it's pretty dumb all things considered.

And I swear if the "Vore Lord" is a certain Ice type.. I'll do nothing and probably play V5 when it's released (I assume things proceed even if the Pre-Vore lord beats you? Also, dick named themself instead of what I presumed Arcanine was saying on how they were given that name.). Anyway, I just wanted to give a bit of feedback on the current game.. if I spoiled too much on the lucario puzzle or any of the story.. I apologise and don't mind whatever.
AwokenedWispKP
Been posting for a bit

Postby foxyumbreon » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:31 pm

I don't think there's been a single person yet who's been like, "I like sliding puzzles." I don't think such people exist. The puzzles were just a neat idea I had to give some people little cameos in the game, since a long time ago there were people asking for such, or if there would be any special guest appearances in the game. There are still more to come (I received four sliding puzzles in total), but I've been considering coming up with different ways to implement them so they're not all races against a clock.

As for Lucario's boss being a race that's determined by taking your time and figuring things out. Originally Lucario's stages were the timed ones, not Umbreon's. When the game was rebuilt, I simply decided to not change the battle's context.

The biggest flaw with Dragonair's stages will definitely be repetition. Later stages will try mixing it up more by giving the player more types of opponents and allies, but each stage will probably have one or two distinctly weaker enemies to start with (like Houndour) for getting the allies needed for defeating the stronger opponents. It'll just be a matter of managing which allies you have available in a specific area for dealing with the specific enemies, many of which (especially later on) will likely be nearly impossible without figuring out the exact right approach for the entire room. Lot's of trial and error, but I wanted the remake to have two puzzle stages, and two battle stages, and this was the best alternative to Charizard's stages that I could come up with within reasonable application. Those who have been following the project since nearly the beginning can probably vouch that Dragonair has just been one pain in the ass after the other.

I'm curious what ice-type you have in mind.
foxyumbreon
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby AwokenedWispKP » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:54 pm

foxyumbreon wrote:I don't think there's been a single person yet who's been like, "I like sliding puzzles."

They.. Probably exist somewhere. My Roomie likes the ones from windwaker with like.. 100 panels.

foxyumbreon wrote:As for Lucario's boss being a race that's determined by taking your time and figuring things out. Originally Lucario's stages were the timed ones, not Umbreon's. When the game was rebuilt, I simply decided to not change the battle's context.

Lucario's gameplay in general was probably my favourite, mostly because I feel really good about myself when I can immediately tell when I'm not doing an area right.. such as that first room in the race. I did try the second room a few ways but the first way I initially tried was the best from what I could tell, and I'd actually figured the last room out on the second go (due to the blocks disappearing act throwing me off and making me forget where everything was).. just that I was about 3-4 steps short of making it to the exit. The fact that I had about 12 or so extra steps after I figured out the first room just left a slight sense of achievement. Though, I can't imagine ALL of Lucario's bosses and stages having the exact same restriction of the teleport trap and races.. so I wonder how those two "Moves" would come into play for the next one. I get Shadow ball for Umbreon.. Ranged button pressing. And Charizard is more or less self explanatory. But it seems like Lucario would end up with a new kind of puzzle based around mechanisms.. I dunno. Also.. I feel like Umbreon wouldn't really have a timer anymore because Arcanine isn't chasing em, but maybe I'm wrong and they trip every single alarm possible.

foxyumbreon wrote:The biggest flaw with Dragonair's stages will definitely be repetition.

Aye, as is the problem with fully healing after every single battle. I'm glad that thing're gonna be flaired up a bit, but I guess there isn't much that can be done past that. I'm not sure, but a strong follower for Dragonair seems appropriate.. so you always have at least 1 consumable after a certain point. Dragonair probably isn't as strong as Charizard despite the whole Snorlax thing, and relying on finding helpless villagers.. in tact for the cases of the towers.. considering it's being cooked, battered or pounded.. or however else they prepare meals in the towers.. and I assume not all have their vore seal unlocked like the houndour. Sorry if I over-analysed that a bit, it's a really bad habit.. but I don't really see many rescueable pokemon inside towers outside recklessness, cells or fresh prisoners. Though, I guess having a permanent follower with limited uses every battle would be a bit more repetitive than the Tailwhip spam already is.

foxyumbreon wrote:I'm curious what ice-type you have in mind.

Just going by shape, I would think Jinx of all things. It's Ice and Psychic so Teleporting and Crystalizing poor dragons seems possible. I mean.. My presumption on Ice type is just how much damage fighting did and how little Dragon did (Dragon rage helped when damage fell below 400) along with the whole crystal.. erm.. curse, but Jinx is Ice and Psychic.. so both dragon and fighting moves have the same 1x effectiveness. But that's just going on the silhouette and what's shown, it could rather easily be anything else.. maybe even a Non-Pokemon being kinda like what shows up in some of the Mystery dungeon games. It'd be rather stupid if 5 dragons couldn't identify a Jinx unless a disguise was worn. But seriously "Vore lord", if you're going to name yourself.. be more creative with it! Merging Vore and Overlord together would make sense if your underlings created a legend around you.. but considering how much time you probably had to come up with a name yourself.... Personally overthrowing you before the end events of the game for that reason alone would be lovely, if it weren't impossible. Probably taste bad even with Vore seals unlocked.

Sorry about that rant at the end, It'd been building up for some time.. and I'm a little pouty that all my questions and thoughts about the 4 guardians were answered and disproved in that one moment.. which only served to add another pile to the list. Like.. I was wondering why the Guardians could unlock vore seals remotely, and a thought came that maybe they're all lying.. there was a point during the first stage where I thought Celebi might've been the vore lord just because of how much Arcanine metaphorically wet himself. But no.. big temple thing, Guardians are linked to the big temple.. and Dragonair more or less personally knows them. "What came in place was a mystical freezecum dick with the ability to teleport"
AwokenedWispKP
Been posting for a bit

Postby foxyumbreon » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:46 pm

Umbreon's timer only involves Arcanine against the boss. The others are based around the enemy Pokémon shown in the corner of the screen. Every room's timer basically represents Umbreon's ability to avoid capture from a specific Pokémon while trying to make his way to the next floor. Then, in the case of the boss, trying to survive long enough for the guardian to deal with it from afar. Umbreon's not a fighter, and is a bit of a coward, but was chosen for its strong heart, and other positive traits it possesses that Celebi can utilize. Either way, it's probably the weakest link of the four heroes.

Don't give Vore Lord's shape a second thought. It's blacked out from the sprite of a cloaked man from one of RPG Maker's pre-packaged sprite sheets. Using a Pokémon could've given players a legitimate chance to identify which Pokémon it is, so I avoided that all together. As for Vore Lord's name, I just threw in the very first thing that came to mind to keep its species a secret.

Regarding the rest of the story, the plot is basically something I threw together in five minutes so the game wouldn't be just about Pokémon mindlessly eating one another. If there are any plot holes or whatnot, it's the result of that, and me adding/making up more information as I go.
foxyumbreon
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby AwokenedWispKP » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:01 am

That much was more or less clear, or more so outright stated. Lucario seemed to only be weakened because of how hard it was to get out of the oven, but even then it was stated that they weren't much of a fighter.

Makes sense, but you never said anything about it's abilities.. and it seems like the pokedex goes up to gen 4? If it's ice.. there's 22 possible pokemon species. If it's Psychic.. 53.. and If it's a ghost there's 18 species. O-of course that's just roughly counting and including pre-evolutions, not including Arceus or alternate forms of rotom.. and I never bothered to remove any of the four guardians. I'm definitely not hardcore enough to do the proper numbers, and I understand if the vore lord was a ghost.. fighting wouldn't effect it. But it was a dream, and the identity is unknown.. so yeah. My Third guess after this recent information is Froslass, But I won't be guessing any further past this. I honestly only mentioned my first two (the second was a joke.. but still a legitimate guess) in the first place because of how you first replied, but hearing how most the game is done did help eliminate a lot of the feeling of wanting to explore and find out more about the world.. law.. and other such things I'd gotten while fumbling about the game.

For a plot put together in such a short time, it's no that bad.. I'm pretty thankful that it really didn't just turn out to be mindlessly eating. And I mean.. I can't really stress that enough, ME is just something I don't like.. and it's easier to run into than I'd prefer. Well.. Sorry for that, Um.. I had an idea.. which is probably more for "drawing". Maybe I'll draw it myself.. but I don't really have a place to post.
AwokenedWispKP
Been posting for a bit

Postby foxyumbreon » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:43 pm

AwokenedWispKP wrote:That much was more or less clear, or more so outright stated. Lucario seemed to only be weakened because of how hard it was to get out of the oven, but even then it was stated that they weren't much of a fighter.

A lot of Lucario's personality is actually derived from when it was going to be used in the turn-based combat instead of Charizard. That was way back though before the cast was finalized, and the four heroes were slated to be Umbreon, Lucario, Pikachu, and Ponyta. Then I held a vote to decide who the three besides Umbreon would be (refusing to remove Umbreon because it was my favorite Pokémon at the time), which replaced Pikachu and Ponyta with Charizard and Dragonair. Following that, I decided that Charizard was best suited for the battle stages, so I relocated Lucario to timed mazes that were originally assigned to Pikachu. Resulting in Lucario's levelheaded (puzzles & mazes), and fearless (combat) personality.
foxyumbreon
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby foxyumbreon » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:25 pm

Just a heads up for those of you who follow both my projects. Expect the next demo release from me to be for Ravenous Dimension, not Voremon. Work on Voremon should pick up a bit once I've got the next (and perhaps last, since there's still no guarantee of finishing the game) Ravenous Dimension demo released, but I really just want to get my current ideas for the Okami game wrapped up first. Save for any game breaking glitches like the current demo suffers from, the next release will go up through fighting the second Deemer.
foxyumbreon
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Spunkomatic66 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:50 pm

ayy just wanted to pop in and say good work, fam
Spunkomatic66
Participator

Postby tonyvld » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:58 pm

Prolly been said before, but for the vore lord, Vore, Gardevoir.....I mean cmon, they have the word vore in their name, maybe in sound only but still.
A kind twin tailed fennec kitsune.
tonyvld
Somewhat familiar

Postby foxyumbreon » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:23 pm

tonyvld wrote:Prolly been said before, but for the vore lord, Vore, Gardevoir.....I mean cmon, they have the word vore in their name, maybe in sound only but still.

Vore Lord's identity was decided from day one, but I do like to hear what other people think it may, or should be.

Also, "vore" isn't how the last syllable of Gardevoir is pronounced. It's more like "vwahr."
foxyumbreon
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus » Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:33 pm

I love sliding puzzles myself, so we do exist.
A link to a fun game I love playing: http://www.blankmediagames.com/TownOfSalem/

Be sure to say that ParaYumi refered you when you register for it. That's me.
Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus
???

Postby foxyumbreon » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:53 pm

Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus wrote:I love sliding puzzles myself, so we do exist.

Then you should be a Zapdos, not a Pachirisu, because you're that rare.
foxyumbreon
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby thehunter01 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:11 am

tonyvld wrote:Prolly been said before, but for the vore lord, Vore, Gardevoir.....I mean cmon, they have the word vore in their name, maybe in sound only but still.

The real question is which hero is going to eat the other heroes. You can't have your powers divided against a thing like the Vore lord and my guess for who the vorelord is Palkia.
thehunter01
Been posting for a bit

Postby foxyumbreon » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:10 am

thehunter01 wrote:The real question is which hero is going to eat the other heroes. You can't have your powers divided against a thing like the Vore lord and my guess for who the vorelord is Palkia.

All these years, and I think you're the very first person to suggest something like that.
foxyumbreon
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby thehunter01 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:29 am

foxyumbreon wrote:All these years, and I think you're the very first person to suggest something like that.

Odd, how I'm the first considering we all saw what happen with the first encounter with Vorelord and we would hate to see it happen again to our heroes.
thehunter01
Been posting for a bit

Postby foxyumbreon » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:24 pm

thehunter01 wrote:Odd, how I'm the first considering we all saw what happen with the first encounter with Vorelord and we would hate to see it happen again to our heroes.

Well, I imagine other people have thought about it before. I just don't think anybody has ever openly brought up the subject matter.
foxyumbreon
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby SteampunkerJoe » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:06 am

Is this still being worked on? I remember loving this game so much playing it a year or so ago. And if it is still being worked on... Lopunny vore would be much appreciated. :gulp:
SteampunkerJoe
New to the forum

Postby foxyumbreon » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:35 pm

Yes.
foxyumbreon
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby foxyumbreon » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:26 pm

*edited to death due to broken demo*
Last edited by foxyumbreon on Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
foxyumbreon
Advanced Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game