The Heavy Petting Zoo

This forum revolves around interactive vore stories. You are free to promote interactive stories on this site and other sites and discuss them here.

The Heavy Petting Zoo

Postby rochndil » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:21 pm

Good evening!

I believe this is my first post on the Forums, though I've been a member here for quite some time. I have an Interactive Story over on writing.com that may interest some folks. It's not strictly a vore story, but rather a heavily sexual furry story with multiple vore elements. So, if that interests you, feel free to have a look, enjoy yourself, and maybe even consider contributing a chapter or two. As such things are, it's a work-in-progress, but I do dive in periodically to add new chapters and clean up ones that need help.

Here's the quick blurb: "Visit the Heavy Petting Zoo for an experience you'll never forget. It may be your last." Please, please read the header material. Yes, I know, tl:dr, but it's for your benefit as much as mine.

Linkage is here: [url]http://www.writing.com/main/interact/item_id/1947686-The-Heavy-Petting-Zoo[/url] - and yes, you'll really need a free membership if you want to be able to actually read the thing.

I gave some consideration to moving or copying it over here, but the IS architecture here seems a little wonky. Has anyone who's actually used it discussed how well/poorly it works? I understand it's "ugly" but I can live with that if it works properly and offers more intelligent branching options than WdC (back links would be awesome).

Rochndil, world's slowest UB writer, and some-kinds-of vore fan...
rochndil
New to the forum

Re: The Heavy Petting Zoo

Postby LucifersChef » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:41 am

There are back links available here. The only major issue is that this system has some glitches regarding deleting things that will sometimes cause non-existent pages and error paths.
]
LucifersChef
Participator

Postby unicorn » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:58 am

As much as i dislike writing.com, your interactive makes going through the password reminder process worth it :D And i'm really pleased to see there's a lot more added since last time i enjoyed this setting! I should probably bookmark this story for occasional revisits.
Thanks for doing your thing and sharing it with us!
unicorn
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby PredorPrey » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:51 am

If my cobra naga Yolanda were ever going to be an attraction in a zoo, I think she'd want to be in one like this.
PredorPrey
Been posting for a bit

Postby cooleatme » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:08 pm

Lovely
cooleatme
New to the forum

Postby rochndil » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:33 pm

[quote="LucifersChef"]There are back links available here. The only major issue is that this system has some glitches regarding deleting things that will sometimes cause non-existent pages and error paths.[/quote]

Interesting. I may poke at it a bit when I have more time available. I don't greatly care about the "ugly" look, but if there are significant technical problems that's a problem.

Rochndil, back from lunching...
rochndil
New to the forum

Postby rochndil » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:35 pm

[quote="unicorn"]As much as i dislike writing.com, your interactive makes going through the password reminder process worth it :D And i'm really pleased to see there's a lot more added since last time i enjoyed this setting! I should probably bookmark this story for occasional revisits.
Thanks for doing your thing and sharing it with us![/quote]

Thanks! It's funny, I used one of YOUR pictures (http://www.furaffinity.net/view/21047559/) as the visual ref for Fatima the NC-UB camel. Small world! Glad to hear you enjoy my scribblings.

Rochndil, who may make a third pass through her scene...
rochndil
New to the forum

Postby rochndil » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:37 pm

[quote="PredorPrey"]If my cobra naga Yolanda were ever going to be an attraction in a zoo, I think she'd want to be in one like this.[/quote]

Reptiles aren't really my thing (which is why there aren't currently any there), but I know that many others adore them. Technically, the "Zoo" isn't a zoo, but a whorehouse, so if that were the kind of place she'd like to work, I'm sure she'd be welcome.

Rochndil, who tries to keep an open mind...
rochndil
New to the forum

Postby rochndil » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:38 pm

[quote="cooleatme"]Lovely[/quote]

Thanks! Feel free to contribute, should you have an idea.

Rochndil, who can't think of everything...
rochndil
New to the forum

Postby Jayezox » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:29 am

I've written quite a few interactive chapters here and a couple of them on writing.com. A transfer should be super easy, but it will time consuming depending on how many chapters you want to transfer. This interactive doesn't seem to have too many chapters so it shouldn't take you too long if you're fast at copy/pasting. I'll list the pros/cons of this site compared to writing.com. I'm sorry if I'm a bit too late for that.

Pros:
-anyone can post as many chapters as they want on a page. This means much less clicking and not as many endless halls of choices with no story. I get fatigued from clicking so many choices with no story on writing.com that I tend to refer to the story outline more often than I should.
-Content won't get deleted. Writing.com deletes interactives if the owner becomes inactive for too long. This is the best pro for Eka's and pretty self explanatory.
-You can make multiple paths connect to the same chapter. I toyed with this feature here and it can get tedious in some ways, but it's still nice to have.
-You can make it so anyone can add a selection other than the ones you have. This is a great alternative to adding an "other" chapter.
-There is a recent chapters page on this site. It's kind of nice to keep you in on what kind of chapters were added recently. This kind of saves this site from the lack of a search feature, but it's still not a good replacement.

Cons:
-If multiple paths connect to the same chapter, the outline repeats the same chapter and subsequent chapters. This clutters the story outline and makes it very messy very easily
-You can't delete chapters. I'm not sure if you can do this on writing.com, but it's really annoying here. I heard that if you want to purge a bad chapter on your interactive, you must redirect it to some purgatory chapter. I made a few chapters I wanted to delete, but they're stuck.
-searching for a story is very cumbersome without a search feature. Strangely, this website isn't the only one with interactives that has this problem.

Sometime next month I think I'll start my own interactive. I'll try to remember to update anything else I notice if I think there's a difference between this site and writing.com.
Jayezox
---

Postby rochndil » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:12 pm

Thank you for your reply!

I'm pretty familiar with the capabilities of WdC's engine, and it generally does everything I need EXCEPT allow for intelligent branching (which is really pretty silly, because it's a database already). Sadly, interactives aren't highly valued (from what I've seen) and are unlikely to see the upgrades they need to achieve their potential.

For the time being, I'll just leave things as they are, rather than wasting my limited time moving stuff around without much improvement.

Rochndil, plugging on along...
rochndil
New to the forum

Postby 2quick4u » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:59 pm

I much enjoyed the Cow on the West Wing branch. Outstanding work.

I'm sad I can not "give in" after having fun, but it was awesome nontheless
2quick4u
Participator

Postby rochndil » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:39 pm

[quote="2quick4u"]I much enjoyed the Cow on the West Wing branch. Outstanding work.

I'm sad I can not "give in" after having fun, but it was awesome nontheless[/quote]

Glad you liked it! Every once in a while I get inspiration for a new scene. having a flexible story like the "Zoo" ready makes it pretty easy to flesh it out.

Rochndil, who still needs to add the stage...
rochndil
New to the forum

Postby 2quick4u » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:43 am

Hey rochndil, it's been a bit. I'm curious if you have any written profiles for any of the characters you have residing in the Zoo?
2quick4u
Participator

Postby rochndil » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:44 pm

No 2Q4U, I do not. Most of the characters in the Zoo are pretty "light" by intention, so the thought process to make them really 3D wasn't taken. If there's someone in particular you care about, I could throw something together.

Rochndil, always glad to see someone caring about his almost-throw-away characters...
rochndil
New to the forum

Return to Interactive story